Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir (14302 Views)

There's A PDP Lawmaker Who Cant Spell Or Write His Name? / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 / Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Dede1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
debetmx:

When ordinary Northern NCOs had long ago slapped and beat Aguiyi Ironsi in 1966, Igbo people are still crying and call Danjuma a traitor in 2013.

Even though the event of July 29, 1966 was revenge coup, the northern coup plotters did not have the luxury to showcase the slappings as in the case of Diya, Olanrewaju and Adisa. In addition, Obasanjo was mesmerizingly manhandled in Nigerian prisons in Bauchi.

1 Like

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by ckkris: 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
ochukoccna: Another Biafran lamentation thread undecided undecided
This Biafrans no dey tire grin grin

Is learning HISTORY a kind of lamentation?
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Igbos would never learn let them try the same thing again they would get the same results

The tribe of coward who strike first and run away whose heroes are men who flee warfront

A tribe of wrapper tying males. 45yrs non stop whining

4 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by ekoilee: 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
I just can't stop giving props to Awo for his wisdom and good thinking. A sage indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by debetmx(m): 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Question for 200billion biafra pound?

What does or did ifeajuna and ojukwu have in common?

A. They were the first set of people do run into exile dressed like women.

B. They were the first set of graduates to enlist in d Nigeria Army.

C. They were from the land of the rising sun.

D. They killed a lot of innocent and harmless people.

E. All of the above

6 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by ekoilee: 5:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
ckkris:

Is learning HISTORY a kind of lamentation?

Real men don't run from the battlefield while his men die needlessly for his poor judgement and foolish actions.

Real men accept their situation and hope to do better another day, but they don't cry, moan, point fingers and make silly excuses all day everyday.

You people really need to give it a rest because this daily victim mentality and drama is all played out and pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by debetmx(m): 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
eko ilee:

Real men don't run from the battlefield while his men die needlessly for his for his poor judgement and foolish actions.

Real men accept their their situation and hope to do better another day, but they don't cry, moan, point fingers and make silly excuses all day everyday.

You people really need to give it a rest because this daily victim mentality and drama is all played out and pathetic.

You couldn't have put it better. They keep whining and whingeing and keep blaming us for their mistakes

1 Like

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by joeyfire(m): 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
I honestly believe gowon will never write his memoirs. His role in history is just too dark and I'm sure he tries to forget it.

He was installed as head of state over many of his seniors based on the wishes of the northern elite, due process was murdered and hasn't been properly revived, even after the war some of his gaffes on political and ecocomic matters are the stuff of legend and jokes
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by joeyfire(m): 6:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
debetmx:

You couldn't have put it better. They keep whining and whingeing and keep blaming us for their mistakes

Nobody invited you to this thread or talked about you or your kinsmen. You gatecrashed and are a source of derailment
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by debetmx(m): 6:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
joeyfire: I honestly believe gowon will never write his memoirs. His role in history is just too dark and I'm sure he tries to forget it.

He was installed as head of state over many of his seniors based on the wishes of the northern elite, due process was murdered and hasn't been properly revived, even after the war some of his gaffes on political and ecocomic matters are the stuff of legend and jokes
Ojukwu didn't gaffe on war and economic matters in biafra? Was ojukwu d most senior officer in biafra?
Ojukwu is a saint, Gowon is d devil? Same old propaganda.dem Igbo boys grow up
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by debetmx(m): 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
joeyfire:

Nobody invited you to this thread or talked about you or your kinsmen. You gatecrashed and are a source of derailment

So we need invitation cards 2 comment on a thread on nairaland? Do I look like flavour nabania? go down low. You must be a learner

1 Like

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
dayokanu: Igbos would never learn let them try the same thing again they would get the same results

The tribe of coward who strike first and run away whose heroes are men who flee warfront

Ibos tribe of cowards, whingers and rapper tying m0r0ns
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by eagleeye2: 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
debetmx:

So we need invitation cards 2 comment on a thread on nairaland? Do I look like flavour nabania? go down low. You must be a learner

My dear, you have successfully derailed this thread. This thread was not about what Ojukwu did or did not do. It wasn't about what Gowon did or did not do. It wasn't about what Awolowo did or did not do.
The threat was about Gowon writing a War Memoir, as the then Head of State. But like the recent trend on NL, the thread has been derailed to Tribal Bashing.
We have had all the arguement for and against Ojukwu/Awolowo. But we will like to hear from one of the Major actors of the War time Nigeria, Gowon.

1 Like

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Napoleondegreat: 6:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
T9ksy:

Haba! my brother from a different father,gba brake naw! The op stated his reason why he believed Gowon could not write his memoir and that just got me thinking that i never saw Ojukwu's memoir assuming he wrote one, as i would love to read his thoughts on the civil war.

So,my questioon still remains the same- did ojukwu write a memoir, if he did then i want a copy but if he didn't then WHY didn't he.

Ojukwu's memoir was written long ago upon his return from Ivory coast. The memoir was called 'Emeka'. It was written by Frederick Forsyth on the approval of the Ikemba himself. Get it and read it, every thing you are demanding is contained therein. Still wondering why the Sw will always jump into defence of the north even when they (Sw) are not mentioned in any issue involving the north and East. Am beginning to suspect that what Achebe wrote about Awolowo might be true
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by joeyfire(m): 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
debetmx:
Ojukwu didn't gaffe on war and economic matters in biafra? Was ojukwu d most senior officer in biafra?
Ojukwu is a saint, Gowon is d devil? Same old propaganda.dem Igbo boys grow up

How old are you sef? Ojukwu wrote more than one memoir and he wasn't even head of state. This thread isn't about ojukwu. You Yoruba boys love to spew nonsense like street thugs when u can easily talk sense.

If you look up a book or two instead of trying to earn some online gang love for tribalism you would easily know that Brigadier Ogundipe was the most senior officer and should have been head of state. The northern elite of course installed a northern christian puppet.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by 7842I: 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
eko ilee: I just can't stop giving props to Awo for his wisdom and good thinking. A sage indeed.

The wisdom to drink rat poison?
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by joeyfire(m): 7:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
debetmx:

You don't need an invitation card but you need a little maturity and knowledge otherwise we could just get some goats and chimpanzees, give them some laptops and they would sound like you.

If you were discussing in a room full of people above the age of 17 you would have been laughed out the place but of course na anonymous moniker you dey use so u can talk absolute bunkum.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by 7842I: 7:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
dayokanu: Igbos would never learn let them try the same thing again they would get the same results

We are not fighting anybody again, its your turn coward. Just face your boko haram war comrades in Lagos. Tell us when you grow some balls to fight them and we shall vacate Lagos for you to fight them.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by 7842I: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
debetmx: Question for 200billion biafra pound?

What does or did ifeajuna and ojukwu have in common?

A. They were the first set of people do run into exile dressed like women.

B. They were the first set of graduates to enlist in d Nigeria Army.

C. They were from the land of the rising sun.

D. They killed a lot of innocent and harmless people.

E. All of the above

There have never been anybody with half the bravery of Ojukwu in the whole of yorubaland, and from the look of things, there will never ever be a war hero of yoruba extraction!
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by 7842I: 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
eko ilee:

Real men don't run from the battlefield while his men die needlessly for his poor judgement and foolish actions.

Real men accept their situation and hope to do better another day, but they don't cry, moan, point fingers and make silly excuses all day everyday.

There is only one Nigerian General who cried like a baby in front of trouble, his name is Oladipo Diya.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by 7842I: 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
debetmx:

" Yorubas are the trouble with Nigeria" Lamido Sanusi.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by 7842I: 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
joeyfire: I honestly believe gowon will never write his memoirs. His role in history is just too dark and I'm sure he tries to forget it.

The evil that men do, lives with them. The fulani whom he teamed up with to kill Igbos are slowly wiping his ethnic group out. Karma is a hottt biattch!
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by 7842I: 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
inufele2:

Ibos tribe of cowards, whingers and rapper tying m0r0ns

It was in MKO Abiola that I learnt the real definition of cowardice. This was a rich old fool who won the presidence clean and fair but the Fulanis ordered that he will never smell Aso rock because he was a low level inferior muslim. (The yoruba muslim are the slaves in the kindom of mohammed)

Instead of the asswipe to use his cash and order a full scale free for all fight in this country, the idiott chose to enter prison and die of common cold. The fool could not even shoot a common knockout to defend his mandate, Aare ona kakanfo my left nyansh grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by babymama3: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
[size=18pt]He really needs no memoirs
The legacy he left behind is a memoir of it's own
He fought for NIgeria and unable to live in his Nigeria
The man lives like a fugitive in London,the Nigeria he fought for is more divided today than it ever was and his united north myth has blown up in his face as Hausas and Fulanis massacre and pillage his own land of Plateau state as often as they wish.
He may not admit it,but I am sure deep down he wishes his middle belt region was never part of the north.
He has already received his reward many folds and still receiving it
Na turn by turn.[/size]
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by joeyfire(m): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
7842I:

" Yorubas are the trouble with Nigeria" Lamido Sanusi.

Just see how they bring their amala tactics to soil a cerebral discussion. Honestly only few of them on this site really have anything sensible to say. Smh

Gowon, a wartime head of state and commander in chief for almost ten years cannot write a simple shred of article or memoirs to give account of his years of stewardship in those difficult days and our yoruba bros dem only contribution is stuff they glean from their bigotry template like ojukwu fled to ivory coast, he married bianca etc

Gowon pops up every now and then to make hollow statements about achebe or ojukwu. As if the biggest issues facing this country are ojukwu. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by joeyfire(m): 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
7842I:

It was in MKO Abiola that I learnt the real definition of cowardice. This was a rich old fool who won the presidence clean and fair but the Fulanis ordered that he will never smell Aso rock because he was a low level inferior muslim. (The yoruba muslim are the slaves in the kindom of mohammed)

Lol! In abuja few weeks ago there was a fist fight at area 10 mosque between yoruba and hausa muslims because yoruba muslim took microphone to lead prayers. That day laugh nearly burst my belle. My office is close to the place and we were scared it would escalate.

Of course lagos and ibadan press no carry the story only "The Sun" gave it small notice. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by aurenflani: 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dede1:

Are you sure about Zamani Lekwot being involved with the massacre of Igbo peeps in Kaduna? To the best of my knowledge no written account has associated Zamani Lekwot with such actions. There were instances soldiers such Bukar Dimka, Sani Abacha, M. Buhari, I Babamgida and M Shuwa were linked with 1966 pogrom in northern region of Nigeria.

Mamman Shuwa prevented Igbo massacres by ordering the armoury to be locked. Buhari protected some igbo officers from being murdered. Chukwuma murdered Sardauna-huge igbo mistake. Igbo murdered Tafawa Balewa-huge mistake.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Efikman(m): 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: Must everything be written for goodness sake?
Write a memoir for just teaching rebels a lesson and bring them back to understanding.

You could have even asked why Abraham Lincoln didn't write his own memoir of the civil war before being killed by john wilkes booth on the 15th of April 1865.

I killed a rat yesterday. You can as well ask me to write my memoir of the rat killed and how it was killed.
Awo the war criminal succumbed to Rat poison in a suicide. Maybe Gowon will go the same way except he confessed his atrocities and asks for forgiveness.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by aurenflani: 7:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
joeyfire:

Lol! In abuja few weeks ago there was a fist fight at area 10 mosque between yoruba and hausa muslims because yoruba muslim took microphone to lead prayers. That day laugh nearly burst my belle. My office is close to the place and we were scared it would escalate.

Of course lagos and ibadan press no carry the story only "The Sun" gave it small notice. Smh

Very big lie. Mischief maker una no go succeed and Hausa and Yoruba get sense pass una. Griiigrrrrriii fiful.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by joeyfire(m): 7:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
aurenflani:

Mamman Shuwa prevented Igbo massacres by ordering the armoury to be locked. Buhari protected some igbo officers from being murdered. Chukwuma murdered Sardauna-huge igbo mistake. Igbo murdered Tafawa Balewa-huge mistake.

You are right about Shuwa. He did a lot for igbos I must admit. He was transferred from his post to one obscure place like this by the angry northern military elite
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by aurenflani: 7:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
Efikman: Awo the war criminal succumbed to Rat poison in a suicide. Maybe Gowon will go the same way except he confessed his atrocities and asks for forgiveness.

But died among his people. He didn't .......
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
7842I:

Instead of the asswipe to use his cash and order a full scale free for all fight in this country, the idiott chose to enter prison and die of common cold. The fool could not even shoot a common knockout to defend his mandate, Aare ona kakanfo my left nyansh grin

Abiola came back to Nigeria, declared himself the president despite the military dictatorship this is a bold step from a man who is not even a military man. But your hero from the wrapper tying tribe fled with his tail between his legs dressed in wrapper, wig and make up abandoning his rag tag army to their fate. There can never be any coward worse than ojukwu in any war history.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje / Security Agents Evict Diaspora Commission Staff From Office / FG Considers Reduction of Costs, Merge MDAs Amid Shortfall In Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.