Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". (20537 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / Write Your Life Story In 6 Words / Let Me Write Your Web Contents, Articles Etc For You At An Almost Free Cost (you Name Your Price). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by 4Him1(m): 2:19am On Jun 18, 2008
when will i read a REAL "drabble" that isnt sexually oriented?
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 2:21am On Jun 18, 2008
4 Him:

try reading one of mine grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by 4Him1(m): 2:25am On Jun 18, 2008
HR.hotness:

try reading one of mine grin

ran through. didnt find it.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by StephenP(m): 2:27am On Jun 18, 2008
I'm sorry 4Him. My minds sways too much in that direction  cheesy
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 2:28am On Jun 18, 2008
4 Him:

ran through. didnt find it.

its on page 1
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by StephenP(m): 2:35am On Jun 18, 2008
Oh yeah 4Him, you can check out a poem I wrote here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-143258.0.html . It ain't sexually oriented.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by 4Him1(m): 2:49am On Jun 18, 2008
HR.hotness:

its on page 1

cool wink so u're name's dawn and u're 35? shocked

StephenP:

I'm sorry 4Him. My minds sways too much in that direction cheesy

no problemo bro, everyone seemed to be writing on the erotica theme now and i was wondering if that was the only thing a drabble meant.

Your poem was great. As usual the women are shedding tears . . . grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 2:51am On Jun 18, 2008
4 Him:

cool wink so u're name's dawn and u're 35? shocked

Maybe,
U'll never know wink

no problemo bro, everyone seemed to be writing on the erotica theme now and i was wondering if that was the only thing a drabble meant.

Your poem was great. As usual the women are shedding tears . . . grin

Sorry i dont do tears sad
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 2:51am On Jun 18, 2008
@ H.R Hotness
I know you said no time but I'm still sorta kinda keeping faith. tongue
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 2:55am On Jun 18, 2008
Okay, I thot the purpose of a drabble is free expression.
Wasn't aware we had to follow a particular theme. undecided
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by 4Him1(m): 2:56am On Jun 18, 2008
HR.hotness:

Maybe,
You'll never know wink

ha. smiley fingers crossed.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 2:56am On Jun 18, 2008
Sisikill:

@ H.R Hotness
I know you said no time but I'm still sorta kind of keeping faith. tongue

been playing around a little

I'll post sumthin soon grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by 4Him1(m): 2:58am On Jun 18, 2008
Sisikill:

Okay, I thot the purpose of a drabble is free expression.
Wasn't aware we had to follow a particular theme. undecided

there's no theme . . . there's free expression . . . however it gets easily boring when everyone seems to be writing about sex all the time.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 3:01am On Jun 18, 2008
4 Him:

there's no theme . . . there's free expression . . . however it gets easily boring when everyone seems to be writing about sex all the time.

i know what u mean,

I come here to escape frm the romance section and now, this place too has been over-run by sex sad
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 3:06am On Jun 18, 2008
HR.hotness:

been playing around a little

I'll post sumthin soon grin

Can't wait! Thanks. smiley

4 Him:

Well then, why don't you make it less [i]boring [/i]by writing something that isn't about sex. I just find it a tad rude that you are dismissive of other people's work when you make no effort to contribute anything. . . but then again, it is easier to criticize than participate, isn't it?
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by 4Him1(m): 3:07am On Jun 18, 2008
Sisikill:

Well then, why don't you make it less [i]boring [/i]by writing something that isn't about sex. I just find it a tad rude that you are dismissive of other people's work when you make no effort to contribute anything. . . but then again, it is easier to criticize than participate, isn't it?

you have a point.

Point of correction - i didnt dismiss anyone's work, i appreciate the talent . . . maybe not what they chose to write on. but hey who am i?
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 3:30am On Jun 18, 2008
4 Him:

you have a point.

Point of correction - i didnt dismiss anyone's work, i appreciate the talent . . . maybe not what they chose to write on. but hey who am i?

4 Him:

A REAL drabble, huh? As opposed to what. . .the unreal drabbles? I think that is being dismissive of other people's work but hey, that's just me and I could be wrong. Maybe if we took a poll right now, majority will say it is high praise!!!!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by 4Him1(m): 3:58am On Jun 18, 2008
Sisikill:

A REAL drabble, huh? As opposed to what. . .the unreal drabbles? I think that is being dismissive of other people's work but hey, that's just me and I could be wrong. Maybe if we took a poll right now, majority will say it is high praise!!!!

yeah maybe.

What else do you want to nag about?
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 4:17am On Jun 18, 2008
tsssk Daviddylan and arguments, mmhh embarassed

Where's your own drabble, by the way? wink
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 18, 2008
Anywaz, back to topic. . .

Well, I tried on this one sha. . .

I could not control the fear running down my back like a slithering snake. Oh what did I do? What did I do? Same ol’ trouble wandered back and fro in my troubled mind. It stopped at the conscious gate and began to pound mercilessly on its metal door. Will I go to jail now or will the judges pardon me in excuse of my youthfulness.

It was an accident, I’m sure the nice lady judge will realize that. On the other hand, Should I run away like a fugitive from my prosecution? Then I can’t, mama will miss me too much if I dare to disappear for a second.

I knew I shouldn’t have given the baby too much food, now I think it’s dead. It’s not crying and screaming as usual. And why is her chest moving like that?
What do I do? What do I do?
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 18, 2008
“Don’t touch me, boy, I’m not into brokeass niggas” Debbie let out, annoyed with the figure’s unwanted harassment.

“Now, baby girl, what makes you think that?” the nameless figure innocently approached her.

“Maybe, maybe because you look like you just walked out of Cheap N Stingy Mart” .

The stranger hooted out a laugh. Smiling deviously, he reached into his tight over worn jeans and pulled out a $500 bill, a bait for the annoyed treat he intended on taking for a ride. . .a very long ride.

Seeing ol’ McKinley, Debbie reached for the green. With another intention on his mind, the figure pulled Debbie inside his car, locked his door, and drove off.
Debbie was never seen again, now her face is pasted on the “Missing People” poster on almost every brick wall in Manhattan.

Women, be careful. . .things are not the way they use to be!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2008
4 Him:

yeah maybe.

What else do you want to nag about?

LMAO. . .the better question is what else do YOU want to nag about? This thread is 5 pages long and until YOU came along to complain about how we bore YOU, we all seemed to be getting on just fine. So what else? The spacing of the sentences, makes it to hard to read or maybe it's the number of words in a sentence, makes it to long to read. Please oh please, won't you tell us what we can do to make YOU less bored?

By the way, you do know what they say about a man who let's himself to be bored. . .right? Just sayin'

Toodles.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 11:33am On Jun 18, 2008
4Her:

Anywaz, back to topic. . .

Well, I tried on this one sha. . .

I could not control the fear running down my back like a slithering snake. Oh what did I do? What did I do? Same ol’ trouble wandered back and fro in my troubled mind. It stopped at the conscious gate and began to pound mercilessly on its metal door. Will I go to jail now or will the judges pardon me in excuse of my youthfulness.

It was an accident, I’m sure the nice lady judge will realize that. On the other hand, Should I run away like a fugitive from my prosecution? Then I can’t, mama will miss me too much if I dare to disappear for a second.

I knew I shouldn’t have given the baby too much food, now I think it’s dead. It’s not crying and screaming as usual. And why is her chest moving like that?
What do I do? What do I do?

Goodness. . .I hope the baby didn't die. sad

4Her:

“Don’t touch me, boy, I’m not into brokeass niggas” Debbie let out, annoyed with the figure’s unwanted harassment.

“Now, baby girl, what makes you think that?” the nameless figure innocently approached her.

“Maybe, maybe because you look like you just walked out of Cheap N Stingy Mart” .

The stranger hooted out a laugh. Smiling deviously, he reached into his tight over worn jeans and pulled out a $500 bill, a bait for the annoyed treat he intended on taking for a ride. . .a very long ride.

Seeing ol’ McKinley, Debbie reached for the green. With another intention on his mind, the figure pulled Debbie inside his car, locked his door, and drove off.
Debbie was never seen again, now her face is pasted on the “Missing People” poster on almost every brick wall in Manhattan.

Women, be careful. . .things are not the way they use to be!

Am I a terrible person for not feeling sorry for the little gold digger? LOL

Very well done! Both stories hit a different chord from the usual because these events can and do happen in reality.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2008
[B]For Funsies[/b]

"A little to the left" he says softly

I obey.

"That's good"

I beam.

In and out.

The rhythm plays along with my heart beat.

Twist, Twist, Twist.

"Hold still"

I obey

"Excellent"

I duck my head and smile.

"You ready for this?"

I nod.

My hand shook as his powerful tool hit the spot.

I am overcome with vibrations.

"You want me to stop?"

I shake my head.

"We're almost there"

I look up at his sweat soaked face.

In and out. In and out.

One last hit and it's over

"There" he says

"So beautiful."

He smiles "not bad for your first time"

He pauses

"Of course, I am good at what I do" he jokes as he puts away his drill, hammer, screw driver and nails.

"That you are. . ." I reply stroking the roof of doll house we have just set up. A birthday present for our 10 years old daughter
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by 4Him1(m): 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2008
Sisikill:

LMAO. . .the better question is what else do YOU want to nag about? This thread is 5 pages long and until YOU came along to complain about how we bore YOU, we all seemed to be getting on just fine. So what else? The spacing of the sentences, makes it to hard to read or maybe it's the number of words in a sentence, makes it to long to read. Please oh please, won't you tell us what we can do to make YOU less bored?

By the way, you do know what they say about a man who let's himself to be bored. . .right? Just sayin'

Toodles.

You're really not as relevant as you want to make urself. I dont remember refering to ur drabble.
Why do you feel the need to act the thread captain? Is it your private business?
No one else complained . . . why do you feel the need to?

Get off ur high horse pls.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by 4Him1(m): 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2008
Sisikill:

LMAO. . .the better question is what else do YOU want to nag about?

Cant remember nagging at all . . . u whine about "freedom of expression", apparently its lost on you because i suppose everyone has a RIGHT to make a general comment. Its not UR thread u know.

Sisikill:

This thread is 5 pages long and until YOU came along to complain about how we bore YOU, we all seemed to be getting on just fine.

drop the self-serving hypocritical use of "we". This is not about YOU . . .
Never complained that i was bored . . . i've been coming here to read the drabbles since page 2 and i have thoroughly enjoyed it. I was a bit uncomfortable that everyone seemed to be writing more on a sexual theme.
Why does that get u in a bother? I dont remember referencing your drabble.

Sisikill:

So what else? The spacing of the sentences, makes it to hard to read or maybe it's the number of words in a sentence, makes it to long to read. Please oh please, won't you tell us what we can do to make YOU less bored?

Again drop the use of the silly "we" . . . there's plenty of people here, only you feel the need to whine endlessly over a simple comment.

Sisikill:

Toodles.

If i were bored i wont be here in the first place. Seems you believe ur own hype a little too much.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2008
Ah ah what's going on here?
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2008
4 Him:

You're really not as relevant as you want to make yourself. I don't remember refering to your drabble.
Why do you feel the need to act the thread captain? Is it your private business?
No one else complained . . . why do you feel the need to?

Get off your high horse please.

Hmmm…relevance. That’s what this is really about isn’t it? You desire to remain relevant. It does explain why you feel you can say anything to anyone and then expect them to sit back and take it.

Why do I need to act as thread captain. . .asks the one who is here whining that the content is too sexually oriented. Last I checked there was no rule that only Mickey Mouse playhouse drabbles should be posted.

I’ll get off my high horse when you do yours

4 Him:

drop the self-serving hypocritical use of "we". This is not about YOU . . .
Never complained that i was bored . . . i've been coming here to read the drabbles since page 2 and i have thoroughly enjoyed it. I was a bit uncomfortable that everyone seemed to be writing more on a sexual theme. Why does that get u in a bother? I don't remember referencing your drabble.

Aaah so YOU were a bit uncomfortable eh? Awww, look at that. . . 4him is uncomfortable with the content of this thread and instead of staying away from something that causes him discomfort. . .like any normal human being would, he decides to call people to task. Lol. . .if that isn’t self-serving, I don’t know what is.

I think I can safely saw WE seeing as out of over 20 writers, you are the only one who has whined about the content. . .because he is uncomfortable with it.

4 Him:

Again drop the use of the silly "we" . . . there's plenty of people here, only you feel the need to whine endlessly over a simple comment.

Whine, whine, whine. . .Jeez! Would you like some cheese with that?

4 Him:

If i were bored i wont be here in the first place. Seems you believe your own hype a little too much.

Believing ones hype. . .oy! Hellooooo Mr. Kettle

Am I surprised you missed my point? Absolutely not. So I'll break it down for you crayola style. . .until you contribute something worthwhile (not that being amused at your whining isn't worthwhile. . .but that's another story) it is rude of you to come here and dismiss other people's work just because you are uncomfortable. There!

Now be a dear and run along, adults WITH manners are talking here.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2008
stillwater:

Ah ah what's going on here?

LOL. . .oh nothin' much. Just whining with a side of whine.

Makes for a hearty breakfast, no? grin grin grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2008
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! seriously! angry

Sisikill:

Goodness. . .I hope the baby didn't die. sad

Am I a terrible person for not feeling sorry for the little gold digger? LOL

Very well done! Both stories hit a different chord from the usual because these events can and do happen in reality.
hahaha. . .Did the baby die? I would not know embarassed
Thanks sha wink
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2008
Sisikill:

LOL. . .oh nothin' much. Just whining with a side of whine.

Makes for a hearty breakfast, no? grin grin grin

My breakfast has been ruined. embarassed
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2008
4Her:

hahaha. . .Did the baby die? I would not know embarassed
Thanks sha wink

LOL. Well I have convinced myself the baby lived. . .especially with his chest moving at the end there. Oh yeah, he lives. Why do a picture a cute chubby baby boy? Strange.

stillwater:

My breakfast has been ruined. embarassed

I'm so sorry. . .I really am. sad
Whine for breakfast is an aquired taste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Cyprian Ekwensi Plagiarized Hausa Story "Jiki Magayi" / Top 10 Nairaland Stories To Enjoy Over The Weekend / Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.