Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal (65192 Views)

After She/he Finally Accept Your Proposal Then What's The Next Step / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? / Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by amtheone(m): 10:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yomii: When you actually love someone, you will wait no matter how long it may take. Let me explain my ordeal to you. Deir was this gal i fell in love with 3yrs ago and i never told her until last year August. The reason being is that i wanted to be sure if she is actually my soul mate. You know the funniest part of the game is that i had waited 9months waiting for reply from this gal and she is still telling me to wait. Along the line, 6 gals who could not hold their feelings towards me propose to me. Now i am just giving her till the end of August so that i will know it has completed one year and no response.
But, if no response after this period, i will forget about her and carry on with my life. All am trying to say is that if you truly love someone, you will wait no matter what.

Guy u try oh. God knows that I don't have strength for this mind game.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by victorD3: 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
eldoradoxx: whatz this arrant stuipidtty about being white ? Is there anything in white ladies bodies that is not in black woman ? Our ladies are even better endowed,sweeter to be with than oyinbo albinos. Go to TB Joshua for deliverance from spirit of inferiority complex.

You are wrong by saying black girls are sweeter. Have don several blacks then 2 white that changed my definition of a sweet woman. Oyibo woman thing sweet no be small.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by lorenzos1: 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
@ Op.. 4months is short now...I waited for my fiance for 3yrs....when I first asked her out she didn't ggive me any response, then I lost contact with her due to NYSC,after seeing her again she was already seeing someone else,I felt bad but I kept on trying my luck,I got advice on nairaland,on what to do,was advised to stop callin and to start acting like I was no longer interested in her..guy I did this for just twwo weeks and believe me she called back to ask if she had done anything..I told her she didn't do anything wrong,I kept a distant from her and all of a sudden she was the one chasing me..I eventually got her on a date and told her my mind in plain terms...''I can't be just friends with u''told her to make her choice and she did..she said yes and we wld be walking down the aisle soon.
No gal wld want to tell you they are single,they wld always say that they have someone even when the guy might be just another toaster like you..you can applly my techniqu if you are sure that she has strong feelings for you too..and that you guys cannot really do without each others company..But then again if u find out she is in a very serious relationship,dontt kill yourselff over her u could search and find someonebetter.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
To be realistic,Most guys of today don't do the whole 'would you be my girlfriend ish' that sounds so secondary school.

I usually get embarrassed and start squirming when asked such questions. Its better to just go with the flow. Most ladies know from the day they meet a guy if they would date him or not. But if you allow the lady to lead you into friend or brother zone, you are on your own.

Chances are that if you ask a lady to date you, majority usually say no or don't give an answer. They like you but due to the fact that they want you to wait so you do not perceive them as cheap, they tell you no when in actual fact they mean yes.

I have a friend who is really into this guy. The guy asked her out and she said no. When I asked her why she said its because she just wants the guy to wait.

Guys, by the time you wait, you would gradually be sucked into friend zone and the next thing you hear is 'let's just be friends'
Someone smarter has beat you to it
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by doyying(m): 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
alutacontinua:

And what happens to her present boyfriend Did you just say you want to settle down with a girl in a relationship
[color=#000099][/color]
Later, you would start blaming Nigerian ladies. How won't ladies be playing smart with these k ;Dind of **** guys all over the place
SMH
true talk
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by DonaldGenes(m): 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2013
[quote author=edogu]@aluta: pls u misunderstd me. By proposal i dont mean settling down wit her immediately but asking her out as in boyfriend/girlfriend rship. I tried 2 find out abt her present rship so dat i can wait or move on. Well she told me she is not happy wit his present boyfriend cos of reasons best known 2 her. But then she keep mentioning him whenever we re chatting on d phone, though not often. Now do u think four months or more is too long 2 wait 4 any girl or should i move on.

Are you a learner?
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 12:10am On Apr 11, 2013
Lorenzono1: thanks 4 ur advice. I think i wil giv her som space. As 4 d rest, am not into her cos i cant get any other girl. 4 dose who think she is stil a teen, well by age yes but physically u wil think she is btw 23 n 24 unless she tells u. I know what i want 4rm a lady, if it becomes obvious dt she is just playing along then i wil find my level. 4 now am not 2 bothrd cos i ve other things on my mind. Lik i said earlier am yet 2 find a job n am currently running my MA programme. As 4 dose who c her as a golddigger, she is not. I think d problem now is dat she wants 2 tak her time esp as regard 2 her rship. Actually she doesnt want any party 2 get hurts. In Conclusion am going 2 wait wit my one eye lurking arnd 4 any potential gd girl. Thanks all 4 wise n good counselling n ve a splendid 9t. Bye

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by skyworld8: 12:11am On Apr 11, 2013
DSTV Software
Start Waching SuperSport 6 Live on your Laptop
please share with caution and dont allow it to be blocked.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by mkoabiola: 12:34am On Apr 11, 2013
A day afta is ok.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by zenatta: 12:59am On Apr 11, 2013
edogu: My question is how long is 2 long 2 wait.

...for as long as you want to I guess. If I can remember correctly, one of you, Smokie, waited, 24 years for a chance to tell Alice, how he felt about her, and to get a second glance. The waiting paid off, not the way he expected, as he went on to become a HUGE Rockstar.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 1:06am On Apr 11, 2013
@zenata: Pls explain furthr what u jst posted
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 11, 2013
amtheone:

Guy u try oh. God knows that I don't have strength for this mind game.
My brother, that's just life oo. When u love someone, no matter what wait. But wen d person in question takes u for granted because u are waitin my guy abeg bourne make u look else where.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 11, 2013
190: 20minutes if shes Nigerian
and if no response, hell im moving to the next girl

But if shes white
Im prepared to wait 3 years angry

LOL....you have a point. so lets do the math:

So there are 525949 minutes in a year.
3 years therefore has 1.578e+6 minutes.
So you are essentially saying a WHITE babe is worth 1.578e+6/20 = 78900 times a Nigerian woman which i suppose includes your mother and sisters!.....hmnnnn.....interesting.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by nenergy(m): 4:46am On Apr 11, 2013
alutacontinua:

And what happens to her present boyfriend Did you just say you want to settle down with a girl in a relationship
No Nigerian lady is single. Nobody woos a Nigeria girl by first asking if she's single.
edogu:
my intention was made known to her.

She told me dat she has a boyfriend and that i should give her time to think over it.
She didn't say no outright,so de-throning and coup d etat is allowed (especially if the current BF isn't serious). Some guys are just road blockers, they'll just hang around a girl,shoo away other guys and at the end don't commit long term.
@Op As long as she didn't say NO outright just wait,but let your heart determine the duration.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Combingmaster: 4:58am On Apr 11, 2013
I will give her two days to reply me,if she fails to give me a reply after two days then it means that her heart belongs to two persons[color=#550000][/color]
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by nenergy(m): 4:58am On Apr 11, 2013
edogu:
She jst turned 18.
18?! I can't wait for an 18year old girl o, they're still too "into" whizKid and the likes for me to take them serious.lol
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by castro(m): 5:39am On Apr 11, 2013
@edogu. At ur age (26) u should know that she is still unstable for a relationship so don't place too much hope on her. For now she sees u as an arena where she can whine about her problems with her boyfriend. If she really wants u she would hav left d side of her boyfriend and start treating u accordingly. It is naïve to think ur family members felt u two are going out. Stop living in a dream world and face d reality on ground. Her emotional attachment to u is borne out of friendship and not d type of deep feelings she obviously have for her BF. If u like urself simply move on or better still keep ur distance. If she doesn't hear from u for sometime it's even a good thing. Sometimes a woman's defence is broken when she suddenly realises she might end up losing u. For now,u offer her too much on a platter of gold. Don't sell urself cheap.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by eldoradoxx: 5:50am On Apr 11, 2013
victorD3:

You are wrong by saying black girls are sweeter. Have don several blacks then 2 white that changed my definition of a sweet woman. Oyibo woman thing sweet no be small.
No no well, LOL. Africa women have natural beauty. Like their brother, they have more stamina for sexx more than their white counter and last longer. An average white man secret desire to bed a black woman.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Combingmaster: 6:48am On Apr 11, 2013
[/color]
Combingmaster: I will give her two days to reply me,if she fails to give me a reply after two days then it means that her heart belongs to two persons[color=#550000]
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 6:54am On Apr 11, 2013
@nenenergy: thanks 4 ur reply. As 4 her age, yes she's stil young but physically u wil think she's btw 23 n 24 yrs. By d way her so calld boyfriend 4rm her descrp seems 2 b above 30. @castro: thanks 2: yes am 26 n y am not 2 concerned is cos i ve alot of things on mind. right now my problem/challenge is my MA project which am trying 2 c if i can round up b4 june. When am thru wit d@ dn i wil take d necessary decision.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nuelaville: 7:09am On Apr 11, 2013
What's so special about WHITES
190:

unto say wetin - does she vomit gold
or spit hard currency

is she white
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nuelaville: 7:30am On Apr 11, 2013
okpara ugo:

Fornication...
U eh??Y u nuh pretend lyk say u nuh notice am?
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by sunnyt1(m): 7:32am On Apr 11, 2013
There is nothing wrong in waiting for someone u really want for as long as time allows u. We all have different degrees of tollerance, bt if its worth it den u wont mind waiting.
There is actually a gal iv bin asking out since 2010 (and we are stil on it) and there was a gal who said YES afta 6 yrs of sayin NO to me. Waiting is a virtue that shd be learnt, everyone needs it.
I dnt jst go for a gal and wen i do, i do unbelivable tins and waiting for as long as possible is one of them. In as much as she doesnt prove me wrong abt wat i believed of her. Of all things, rudeness is one negative tin i cant cope wit, wen a gal displays it, im off.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nuelaville: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2013
And u tink she'd b bold enuf 2 ask u awt??..
hardbody:

If i ask you once, the next time, you are th one asking me how soon am i completing the deal. I will never EVER broach it again. When you are ready, you will revert. I just hope it will not be late then.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 11, 2013
When you penetrate her, you won't feel the same bro. Waiting for too long is worthless.

Tell us the truth, you want her on your list.

That's all for now !
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by kandiikane(m): 8:04am On Apr 11, 2013
poshdiva: To be realistic,Most guys of today don't do the whole 'would you be my girlfriend ish' that sounds so secondary school.

I usually get embarrassed and start squirming when asked such questions. Its better to just go with the flow. Most ladies know from the day they meet a guy if they would date him or not. But if you allow the lady to lead you into friend or brother zone, you are on your own.

Chances are that if you ask a lady to date you, majority usually say no or don't give an answer. They like you but due to the fact that they want you to wait so you do not perceive them as cheap, they tell you no when in actual fact they mean yes.

I have a friend who is really into this guy. The guy asked her out and she said no. When I asked her why she said its because she just wants the guy to wait.

Guys, by the time you wait, you would gradually be sucked into friend zone and the next thing you hear is 'let's just be friends'
Someone smarter has beat you to it
I agree with that. When you just let everything flow things will work out especially if you're doing everything people in a relationship normally do. You don't need to ask such questions because you don't know what exactly is on the girl's mind. You pressuring to be called boyfriend or girlfriend can do more harm that good.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nuelaville: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2013
Liberal2020:

If she is white? 3 yrs is nothing. Ballpark of 7 yrs, I will wait. The former, Nigerian women, I don't date or look at their faces. If you want a peaceful and happy life, go marry yourself a white woman or hispanic woman. Trust me for those of you who may want to attack me, let me tell you this...I have tasted both sides of it( Nigerian women and whites/Hispanics). Have never known peace in life than now. In fact, I love life now...didn't know life was this sweet. kai!
must b d Nigèr kynda whyte
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by 190: 8:21am On Apr 11, 2013
eldoradoxx: whatz this arrant stuipidtty about being white ? Is there anything in white ladies bodies that is not in black woman ? Our ladies are even better endowed,sweeter to be with than oyinbo albinos. Go to TB Joshua for deliverance from spirit of inferiority complex.

really
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Zenanted(m): 8:26am On Apr 11, 2013
gone are the days wen u wait for her to say yes!!!

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Xano(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2013
@poster, its unnecessary emotional stress. my advice, move on.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Wendyphil(f): 8:54am On Apr 11, 2013
My candid advice~wait 4 her.I believe she's worth it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abuja Women Now Book Uber For Sex With The Drivers, Not For Ride (Video) / How I Caught Her Cheating. What Should I Do? / This Soon-to-wed Bride Dating A Triplet Can’t Keep Calm (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67