Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? (39161 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by lordizak(m): 4:46pm On May 28, 2013
nope. There can never be joy in d heart of the man. It kills. D worst thing a woman can do to trust.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Celestyn8213: 4:46pm On May 28, 2013
It's written in the good book that we should forgive those who trespass against us. We are all sinners and God forgives us our transgretions, so why should we do the same? It could be very painful but we should forgive... But the man no get other babes for outside?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by salt1: 4:46pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:
F..$$##@ng bullcrap.
Reserve that for your brother when it happens to him.

Its ok and encouraging to forgive simple and common misdeeds.

A woman catching her husband in the act is not one of those common misdeeds.
It is the very very worst of misdeeds. It is not an accident. It is a deliberate carefully planned and executed misdeed.
that is the point to am trying to get across to you people.
Pls tell in all honesty, if the woman through investigations, finds that the husband had been doing this for a very long time, would you still quote bible for her to forgive?
Secondly, if she also discovered that her husband has more than one lover, should she also forgive?
Thirdly, if she discovers that her husband had infected her with HIV/AIDS or herpes, or syphilis, should she also forgive him?
I would appreciate if you can answer these questions.

The sacred is breached. The dam is broken. It can't be repaired.

To forgive is not divine. Don't delude yourself with that crap.
It's either karma or hellfire (lol), depending on your religious beliefs.

I've edited this post to show our hypocrisy. Men want to live wayward lives yet expect utmost fidelity.

Whatsoever you would that men should do unto you, do so even unto others. That is the law and the prophets.

Who says once a cheat always a cheat? It is a lie from the pit of hell. People change at any given time and in varying circumstances.
Will I forgive a cheating spouse? Difficult as it is Yes and I can rebuild the relationship. How are you sure the next person you meet will not be worse that your present spouse? I've seen those that did it and their homes remained intact. In fact, the shame of being caught kept the woman on the sane track till old age

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by AjanleKoko: 4:47pm On May 28, 2013
Wallie: Should a husband forgive his wife caught red handed with a guy on top of her? Yes if the guy can look past it and move on with his wife.

Would I forgive her if she were my wife? Absolutely f**king not! The sight will forever hunt me! Actually, I’ll probably be in jail by now for acting on my impulse.

Should my wife forgive me if she caught me cheating? I hope so but will understand if she does not.

Isn't that hypocrisy? Sure it is but nobody said life was fair.

+1 wink

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by plaetton: 4:49pm On May 28, 2013
Wallie: Should a husband forgive his wife caught red handed with a guy on top of her? Yes if the guy can look past it and move on with his wife.

Would I forgive her if she were my wife? Absolutely f**king not! The sight will forever hunt me! Actually, I’ll probably be in jail by now for acting on my impulse.

Should my wife forgive me if she caught me cheating? I hope so but will understand if she does not.

Isn't that hypocrisy? Sure it is but nobody said life was fair.

Thank you jare. Don't mind these hypocrites.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by HighChief4(m): 4:49pm On May 28, 2013
Why would a good reasoning man take back an adulterous woman. You can forgive and let her go, but never taking her back, because she will do it over and over again but this time in a more concealed way. A woman takes off an average of 5 clothes before s[i]e[/i]x, so if her mind did not remind her that she was married before engaging in s[i]e[/i]x then she is not even worthy to be called a wife. No wonder there are so many diseases flying around.

Trying hard to take her back can lead to murder, heart attack, contamination of STDs et al. Just show her the way out and live your live. Nigerians always trying to be in marriage even when there is nothing left

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 4:49pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua: My own problem still lies in the fact that if a man were to be caught cheating, the story changes!
Why should it be any different for any gender?

I advice you to rid yourself from this funny ideology.

A man naturally is polygamous except the one who chose to be decent in that aspect.

Ladies are expected to even remain virgins till night of the wedding so the fact that these days,things have changed does not give women the impetus to cheat on their spouse.

The physical,psychological and spiritual damage to the man's psyche will never make it easy for him to remain happy with the lady even if he forgives her especially if he caught her in the act. That picture will never ever go no matter how he tries.

On the other hand, divorcing her is no guarantee that you will get a better lady because the next lady might even be worse than the divorced wife.

My advice is that if your wife cheats on you, save yourself the stress of divorcing her if she is really sorry and repentant because some are never sorry for the shameful act.

But If you feel you really need to move on please do and get yourself another bitch but just don't go through the stress of divorce process cos she is not worth it. Let her take the walk by herself if she can't cope with you having another lady in your life. At least you saved her the shame of an adulteress divorcee.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by tmanuelle(m): 4:50pm On May 28, 2013
My wife won't dream it, y'all know why? Its simple, its because I will never forgive such.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 28, 2013
devour129: it might be a cry for help , it also might be she got carried away.its not always premeditated . Yes I know cos I learnt that in marriage course tongue
CRY FOR HELP ? I WILL HATE TO SEE WHAT SHE WILL DO IF SHE IS REALLY IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by danniekute(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2013
d bible told us dat it is d only reason we shuld put our aduultrous wfe away.God knows d implication of such act,that is why He supports divorce in this matter.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by plaetton: 4:54pm On May 28, 2013
salt 1:

I've edited this post to show our hypocrisy. Men want to live wayward lives yet expect utmost fidelity.

Whatsoever you would that men should do unto you, do so even unto others. That is the law and the prophets.

Who says once a cheat always a cheat? It is a lie from the pit of hell. People change at any given time and in varying circumstances.
Will I forgive a cheating spouse? Difficult as it is Yes and I can rebuild the relationship. How are you sure the next person you meet will not be worse that your present spouse? I've seen those that did it and their homes remained intact. In fact, the shame of being caught kept the woman on the sane track till old age

I respect your sincere opinion on the matter.
However, I have problems with people using hypothetical insinuations to somehow justify a wrong doing.
The case in question is about a particular man and a particular woman. It's not about what me or other men do or may do.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by InvertedHammer: 4:54pm On May 28, 2013
/
An Igbo man once said that his problem was not that he caught his wife in bed with another man; rather he
is more concerned with what they discussed about him that gave the man the audacity to climb her.

Matthew 5:31-32 "And it was said, 'Whoever sends his wife away, let him give her a certificate of divorce'; but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the cause of adultery, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery"

//

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Godside: 4:54pm On May 28, 2013
Remorseful afta Sex abi ? Vry funny. Just 4gt it, she is a goner
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2013
tmanuelle: My wife won't dream it, y'all know why? Its simple, its because I will never forgive such.

No woman ever dreams of such, it just happens due to carelessness and it starts when a woman starts keeping casual male friends after marriage and allows these males friends get too close for comfort by allowing them address her with her maiden name, discussing her marital issues with them and before she knows it, she is pants down trying to get consolation.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by frankgreat(m): 4:55pm On May 28, 2013
They r two different tin...forgiveness, fine I can do that but its not immediately, but to accept her as my wife again? That's sumtin she threw away when she went stack naked in front of another man with her two legs wide open..its not just possible..you can't take the tot out of ur head
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 28, 2013
Yeah, why not? There is no unforgivable sin, is there? Apart from the one against the holy spirit, which was not expressly stated, but think the issue is with trust, can he trust her again? But the truth is many men are adulterous and still get forgiven!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 4:58pm On May 28, 2013
InvertedHammer: /
An Igbo man once said that his problem was not that he caught his wife in bed with another man; rather he
is more concerned with what they discussed about him that gave the man the audacity to climb her.

//

GBAM!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by plaetton: 4:58pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

It has everything to do with Christianity!

Yes, Jesus 'gave' us this option...

BUT remember He forgave the adulterous woman when everyone wanted to stone her.

The issue I have is that a lot of men are not forgiving because they are not Christians or do not believe in God; they would not forgive because of ego and culture. These same men that can't forgive a cheating wife will 99.9% of the same expect their wives to forgive them or have been forgiven by their wives in the past.

It is not really their fault, it's the women who feel that their lives wouldn't go on without the tag 'Mrs.'

Big laugh.
Which adulterous woman? I do not recall ever reading about Jesus forgiving an adulterous woman. Kindly refresh my memory.
And by the way, was the woman his wife?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by cyril10(m): 4:58pm On May 28, 2013
You can forgive your cheating wife, though it is not easy but with the grace of God you can do it.

God commanded that we forgive those that offended us so that we too can be forgiven.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by wendieposh: 4:59pm On May 28, 2013
When trust is broken,its difficult to get it back. It is a normal african thing for a man to cheat but women,its just wrong. In cases where things happen in the marriage and the woman is forced to cheat and caught,the couple can talk or go for couple's conseling but if she cheats after all that,then its not worth it,just let her go.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 4:59pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

Who told you that god forgives your sin? shocked
Keep deluding yourself. tongue
And hell is whom then, the righteous?

This is what gets to me.

Whatever opinions you have, leave God, the Bible and Christianity out of it if it doesn't tally with them.

Who told you that God doesn't forgive sins? What did Jesus Christ come to do? If he doesn't, will you still be alive?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 28, 2013
Toks2008:

I advice you to rid yourself from this funny ideology.

A man naturally is polygamous except the one who chose to be decent in that aspect.

Ladies are expected to even remain virgins till night of the wedding
so the fact that these days,things have changed does not give women the impetus to cheat on their spouse.

The physical,psychological and spiritual damage to the man's psyche will never make it easy for him to remain happy with the lady even if he forgives her especially if he caught her in the act. That picture will never ever go no matter how he tries.

On the other hand, divorcing her is no guarantee that you will get a better lady because the next lady might even be worse than the divorced wife.

My advice is that if your wife cheats on you, save yourself the stress of divorcing her if she is really sorry and repentant because some are never sorry for the shameful act.

But If you feel you really need to move on please do and get yourself another bitch but just don't go through the stress of divorce process cos she is not worth it. Let her take the walk by herself if she can't cope with you having another lady in your life. At least you saved her the shame of an adulteress divorcee.

Waoh! The female gender has suffered in this world. SMH!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by danniekute(m): 5:01pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

It's just not fair.
If a man wants to be forgiven when he cheats, he should also be ready to forgive a cheating wife OR VICE VERSA. SHIKENA!
just go to d bible and see wot God said about divorce.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 28, 2013
danniekute: just go to d bible and see wot God said about divorce.

Gimme the reference.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by plaetton: 5:02pm On May 28, 2013
devour129: it might be a cry for help , it also might be she got carried away.its not always premeditated . Yes I know cos I learnt that in marriage course tongue

You are hilarious. shocked
Orgasmic screams and moans are surely the great new ways to cry for help in this modern age. lol
grin grin
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by danniekute(m): 5:02pm On May 28, 2013
jmoore: You can still forgive and divorce.

There is a real life story about a woman that cheated on her husband, infact she got pregnant for another man in the process. The man forgave, didn't divorce her and took the baby as his.

Personally my heart can't bear the thought of another man sleeping with my wife. If she does that, I will forgive and divorce her.
S I M P L E!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by tunde1200(m): 5:02pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton: My fellow Nigerians, it is no wonder that we live today in the equivalent of a failed state. A failed state is characterized by lawlessness, immorality, anarchy and irrationality.
Did i mention corruption at all segments of society, including, unfortunately, the home.?

For some very strange reasons, we seem have an aversion for holding people accountable for their actions.
we always seem to have a get-out-of-jail card for every sin, thanks to our romance with morally ambiguous middle east religions.

Is it not one's moral and religious duty to hold adults accountable for their deliberate misdeeds?

Is marital vow not the most sacred of all vows?

Suppose that this op genuinely decides to forgive her for this very act, and then a few months later he discovers that she had been doing it for years, should he also forgive her?
Again suppose he decides to forgive her and then few months down the road, also discovers that she had been doing it with not just one man but with several men, should he also try to forgive her?

I can bet you anything that if the op digs deeper, what he will discover would completely blow his blind and shatter his spirit.

Op. Get this woman as far away from you as possible as soon as possible. You may then begin to forgive her long after she is gone from your life, not now.
It is the only way can regain and reinvigorate your human spirit, pride and self-esteem.
If you do not, you are defeated and your spirit may never rise to its full potential.

Sensible post
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by InvertedHammer: 5:03pm On May 28, 2013
There is no forgiveness here.

Being adulterous (an adjective) means that she is given to adultery. So it is not even a one-time deal.

I will kungfu her a@s out!

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

Waoh! The female gender has suffered in this world. SMH!

Not at all. That is the way it ought to be.

Let a man go into a room with 5 ladies and come out, you will see people praising him for his conquest but let a lady enter a room with 2 men and comes out,i bet she will get the most disdainful look she can ever imagine.

Lets stop all these hypochricy and face facts.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Dalby(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2013
armyofone: Yes, forgive.

The good book said: He who hath no sin should first cast the stone and the pharises left one by one.

Matthew 5:32

But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by obyrich(m): 5:05pm On May 28, 2013
jidegirl12: A married individual is expected to be disciplined and self effaced , if you can't be with one person for LIFE don't dream of marriage Period.

Enough perambulating , a cheating spouse whether caught once or caught twice is a cheat and a disgusting animal.

So to answer your question OP Decidedly NO!
Let me put it to you that you have a good moral upbringing. Our people say that you don't need a mirror to see what is worn on the wrist. Your conscience is still alive- keep it up. It takes a lot of mental battle for a married man or woman to cheat unless the person involved lacks sound moral upbringing. It is easier to cheat on your bf/gf than to cheat on your spouse. No true Christian will ever support cheating. Cheating on a spouse is a habit that is as difficult to break as quitting smoking. @ OP If you find yourself in such a situation please divorce her. Christ himself approves divorce under such circumstance.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

You are hilarious. shocked
Orgasmic screams and moans are surely the great new ways to cry for help in this modern age. lol
grin grin
GUY HAD HIS MUSHROOM TIP IN HER BUSSIN ALL KIND OF NUTS WHILE SHE WAS CRYING FOR HELP LWTMB cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Men And Their Cheating Ways. / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.