Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? (23461 Views)

Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators / SS/SE,If Nigeria Divides Today!Can You Vote Jonathan As The President Of Biafra. / If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
topazjosh: you may be right to some extent,yea some bank branches may close down,but more better and strong establishments will be on ground,yea they will definately cause by then lots of ibos,hausas,fulanis,south southerners might have left,that's decrease in population,we actually need that,though ibo are not the only non indigenes doing business in lagos,stop claiming such false,lots of hausa,south southerners,meanwhile we still gonna have lots of foreigners allover the world residing in lagos,we yorubas will be happy having a more less stressful,clean lagos,with less social crimes,fake products,unnecessary over population,then lagos will be peaceful,meanwhile the mega city will still be the most developed city in africa and one of the world best.

i never said igbos are the only businessmen in lagos, however our mass exit will shock the very bone marrow of trade and commerce in lagos. Why isnt ibadan clean, rich, and 'mega' since igbos are very few there? The village-city is still the way it is since the 60s, with the first tv station, stadium, univ, and only one skyscraper! Ibadan should have been mega by now, wetin happen?
FYI, lagos is what is today because it was the nation's capital thereby attracting foreign and local investments, and also because igbos are there as governors, commissioners, and mostly, business tycoons, big time entreprenuers, and federal civil servants.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
dayokanu:

The one and only NOBEL Laureate

Lets not talk abt WS here,
if we are to take him as one, who else?

Now know ye the truth, 'there is no yoruba actor in the world stage'.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
Son-Of-El:

i never said igbos are the only businessmen in lagos, however our mass exit will shock the very bone marrow of trade and commerce in lagos. Why isnt ibadan clean, rich, and 'mega' since igbos are very few there? The village-city is still the way it is since the 60s, with the first tv station, stadium, univ, and only one skyscraper! Ibadan should have been mega by now, wetin happen?
FYI, lagos is what is today because it was the nation's capital thereby attracting foreign and local investments, and also because igbos are there as governors, commissioners, and mostly, business tycoons, big time entreprenuers, and federal civil servants.

First, ibadan is mega right now, at least in comparison to south eastern cities!

Secondly, haven't you heard of 'femi johnson' and 'aje' towers? Both are nothing less than 20 stories high, maybe you should visit IB sometimes and cure your ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by eggheaders(m): 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

That Igbos lost those positions after civil war and were replaced by yorubas while d hausas faced leadership and army doesnt mean anything. Mediocrity of nigeria started with ur lot. WhAt happened to our Nigerian Airways, NIPOST, NiTEl, NEPA, Leventis and Co, they all dwindled by your mediocrity. The one-and-only point agenda of awolowo was to punish igbos via all policies . Can u Compare him to Ngozi Okonjo Iweala?
There is too much corruption in your default settings.

I askd for human resource contribution of Yorubas and u went and mentioned d exact tnz that can make u ppl suffer more if left alone. No innovative mind, always waiting to be spoonfed with civil service n oil company jobs. Even as u are in those parastatals, wat changed positively? nothing. But as soon as igbos were made to leave d army n those multinationals u mentioned, dey developed nigerian/WA transport companies, exportable nollywood, nigerian sports is thanks to them, indigenous industries, d classic nigerian novels, wat have yorubas done?? Some of u are even beginning to learn from us.

Btw, The bankers around here speak igbo, so dont give me dat awka bank theory. Even @ dat, ppl get posted across d nation, my friend @ intercontinental bank was posted to Kogi last month , does it mean kogites dont have bankers?? Mtchew.

Maybe u didnt get my question, wat have yorubas done for this nation??

hey madam comparing an awo with your iwela world bank and imf yo man speaks volume of your negative I.q status. seems your parent didn't tell you of the good old nigeria run by this man compared to the shyte aunty ngo and her ilks are giving us. fyi Asian tigers has been rejecting all those shyte politics she wanna force on us from the subsidy crap to swf nonsense. more reason the imf lady was drove out of asia in her last campaign of nonsense polixies. hey madam all manners of nigerians were employed in those failed organization including igbos. kema chikwe is from ondo i think. hey importing fake drugs and okirika trade wouldn't make you win the most industrious madam. get your lazy a55 to dubai and go figure the largest amount of Nigerians that comes there for businesses. since you guys prefer spare-part apprenticeship to education what the point in wanting to work in oil companies. go look at the turnovers of oil multinationals and know what change there you so dumb ma. laughing for somebody that has not cross the niger bridge wanting to tell me about banks in nigeria. if the akwa case is one among millions, what of almost all part of the north l have been to same scenario playing out . including onitsha, enugu, orlu and as far as abakaliki. and your folks not holding same position in the west and other places.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 1:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
Balkan: Let me teach you slowpoke a little bit of Lagos state history. Commodore Ndubisi Kanu, 1977-1978, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe 1978 -1979. All these are Igbo men that governed Lagos state. You seem to be ignorant of your surroundings. You are a finished tribe, deal with it. We are in Lagos the way other tribes are in Lagos. We have come to claim back our possession your people tried to elude us during the war. Their is nothing your envy can do for you. Lagos is an Annex of Igbo land, try to live with it. You cant stop a moving train. We are dominating and intimidating you in your so called state are you not ashamed? The hatred fow the Jews all over the middle east is because the can tun sand into gold. We are the Jews my brother deal with That

I have checked and found out that there has never been a Youruba Governor in Igbo land.
I hate chest beating. Which type of "domination" are you talking about?? Is it "Alaba Market Domination", Computer Village Domination, or Ladipo Market Domination?? Apart from those 3 areas, You don't dominate diddly squat and if you feel that's what the economy of Lagos State is dependant on, you are a village Eeediot. Or is it because the Yorubas don't kill you guys like the northerners do? that's why you're having mouth. Go talk about "Domination" outside Yoruba land and see if they won't slice your throat. We let you live and thrive amongst us and you translate it to "Dominance", How dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SmartTalk: 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
Son-Of-El:

topazjos: topazjosh: you may be right to some extent,yea some bank branches may close down,but more better and strong establishments will be on ground,yea they will definately cause by then lots of ibos,hausas,fulanis,south southerners might have left,that's decrease in population,we actually need that,though ibo are not the only non indigenes doing business in lagos,stop claiming such false,lots of hausa,south southerners,meanwhile we still gonna have lots of foreigners allover
the world residing in lagos,we yorubas will be happy having a more less stressful,clean lagos,with less social crimes,fake products,unnecessary over
population,then lagos will be peaceful,meanwhile the mega city will still be the most developed city in africa and one of the world best.

@topazjos
Lagos would be no better than Ibadan with Igbo mass exit. Don't think Lagos can stand on its feet without its cosmopolitanism. This is the only advantage Lagos has. Go and read about similar cosmopolitan cities where mass emigration occurred and see what is left of them. Read about Lahore in Pakistan and what became of it after emigration of Hindus. You don't even need to go too far, find out about Port Harcourt - find out how set it was to overtake Lagos and what became of PH after they seized Igbo properties. Nothing but stagnation awaits Lagos or any other city that despises the most important contributors to economic growth.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
^^^the question that comes to mind then is that why is igboland still backward with all the igbos of the world in it?

You mean little to lagos, stop your unneccessary arrogance!

7 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by na2day(m): 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
I'm amazed at the level of ethnic hatred going on in Nigeria.
If nairaland is the pulse of the nation, then I'm afraid all hope is lost!
Can't we all work together without one section trying to pull the other down? Or dominate the other?
India has about 28 states and 400 languages and they are all working together to make the country an Asian power house .
How many are we, that we feel, our state will be better after separation?
Wake up guys, changing our looters will not change the country, what will is abandoning this kind of hatred and mentality, building structures that will inhibit bad leadership and calling all our leaders to account!
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Tolexander: 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Lets not talk abt WS here,
if we are to take him as one, who else?

Now know ye the truth, 'there is no yoruba actor in the world stage'.
argumentum ad ignorantium!

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adewale_Akinnuoye-Agbaje

EDUN ADETOMIWA
http://merlin.wikia.com/wiki/
Adetomiwa_Edun

4 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
django1:

First, ibadan is mega right now, at least in comparison to south eastern cities!

Secondly, haven't you heard of 'femi johnson' and 'aje' towers? Both are nothing less than 20 stories high, maybe you should visit IB sometimes and cure your ignorance!

ibadan, megacity? If i hear. You are really dreaming, or perhaps, you are ignorant of the use the word 'mega'. Lagos, a complete city-state, is the only one qualified to use the term, it hasn't even achieved it fully yet. Ibadan? Please...
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2013
SmartTalk:

@topazjos
Lagos would be no better than Ibadan with Igbo mass exit. Don't think Lagos can stand on its feet without its cosmopolitanism. This is the only advantage Lagos has. Go and read about similar cosmopolitan cities where mass emigration occurred and see what is left of them. Read about Lahore in Pakistan and what became of it after emigration of Hindus. You don't even need to go too far, find out about Port Harcourt - find out how set it was to overtake Lagos and what became of PH after they seized Igbo properties. Nothing but stagnation awaits Lagos or any other city that despises the most important contributors to economic growth.
Lagos has been before the Igbos mass emigrated to it and will be after you leave. Those businesses you leave behind will be taken over by people that recognize the opportunity of your absense......and frankly, Lagos needs to be de-populated, so feel free to leave.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2013
django1: ^^^the question that comes to mind then is that why is igboland still backward with all the igbos of the world in it?

igboland is not backward mr. Ignoramus. The marginalization of igboland in federal allocations championed by awo your yoruba demigod couldnt kill the igbo commerce and entreprenueral ingenuity. Onitsha and aba is the igbo man's sweat and ingeninuity. Your govt peanuts cannot limit us. Port harcourt (90 percent ikwerre) is a blossoming first rated city like kano. We have emerging cities like enugu, awka, umuahia, owerri, nnewi, abriba(small london) etc. So igboland is thriving ok? Thanks to our ingenuity.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Duru1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ogoni militant: my brother you are on your own in all these you are saying. Without the Igbos an Ijaw man would not have been president of Nigeria. You are just opening your mouth and talking like a fool. If you have personal problem with any Igbo man, you better go and settle it personally. To me you are just ranting on your own and you are not speaking my mind and the mind of many SS people. You came to this forum to creat more problem for the region. Even if you hate Igbos must you make it obvious? You guys should use your brain sometimes.

Bro, please do not pay any mind to the zombie. Americans say stupidity can not be fixed. Apples do not fall far from the tree. The moronic free loader has claimed he\she resides in Abuja. I thought that could have been Yenegoa or any place in the creeks. Today in Nigeria, there are Lagos and Abuja yet the delusional dullard in “sakaguchi” could not fathom why the so-called crude oil money is used to develop those cities and not one block in the so-called Ijaw land.

Sometimes it induces uncontrollable laughs to watch few deluded nincompoops from Ijaw talk about Igwe Ocha that was developed by the government of eastern region as if the city was developed by Ijaw. The so-called Ijaw drunkards would have searched within the creaks for a city developed through dividends from crude oil money.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SmartTalk: 2:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
django1: ^^^the question that comes to mind then is that why is igboland still backward with all the igbos of the world in it?

My question to you is, since we mean little to Lagos, why not conduct a referendum to make it official? I know me and my Igbo brothers contribute more to economic growth of Lagos state than you and your kith, so you mean even less to Lagos. If the East had a tenth of the federal money that was poured into Lagos over the years, we would have gone farther. Unlike other parts of Nigeria, everything we have, we built from scratch. Even the electricity grid had to be done by contributions after the war while it was done with federal money elsewhere. The parts we are not doing are the ones that federal law prevents the state from doing. Leave our ports to us and see what would happen. You Nigerians have even destroyed the ports of the South South.
Fact remains that, this state, nay country, would be no better or important than Somalia without Igbo contribution. It is not arrogance, just a statement of facts.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SmartTalk: 2:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
ba7man: Lagos has been before the Igbos mass emigrated to it and will be after you leave. Those businesses you leave behind will be taken over by people that recognize the opportunity of your absense......and frankly, Lagos needs to be de-populated, so feel free to leave.

False little man. Whatever progress that came into Lagos was as a result of investments by the colonials. And guess where the money came from - money pooled from all over the federation. That includes money from coal in the East and the North. What ever you see in Lagos, neither you or your ancestors built it. It's the bitter truth, sorry you had to hear it from me.

And yes, Lagos does need to be depopulated, but I think that's your cue to leave. Unless you can reimburse my tax contribution to this state with interest, you have no right to tell me where to go. Interesting that we were told to stay during population census.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
ba7man: Lagos has been before the Igbos mass emigrated to it and will be after you leave. Those businesses you leave behind will be taken over by people that recognize the opportunity of your absense......and frankly, Lagos needs to be de-populated, so feel free to leave.

the urban statistics of lagos used to be low because it was meant only for british administrators and their officials. Asides that, nothing else made lagos special.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SmartTalk: 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
eggheaders:

hey madam comparing an awo with your iwela world bank and imf yo man speaks volume of your negative I.q status. seems your parent didn't tell you of the good old nigeria run by this man compared to the shyte aunty ngo and her ilks are giving us. fyi Asian tigers has been rejecting all those shyte politics she wanna force on us from the subsidy crap to swf nonsense. more reason the imf lady was drove out of asia in her last campaign of nonsense polixies. hey madam all manners of nigerians were employed in those failed organization including igbos. kema chikwe is from ondo i think. hey importing fake drugs and okirika trade wouldn't make you win the most industrious madam. get your lazy a55 to dubai and go figure the largest amount of Nigerians that comes there for businesses. since you guys prefer spare-part apprenticeship to education what the point in wanting to work in oil companies. go look at the turnovers of oil multinationals and know what change there you so dumb ma. laughing for somebody that has not cross the niger bridge wanting to tell me about banks in nigeria. if the akwa case is one among millions, what of almost all part of the north l have been to same scenario playing out . including onitsha, enugu, orlu and as far as abakaliki. and your folks not holding same position in the west and other places.

Dude, do some research. The aviation sector worked under Kema Chikwe's stewardship. All manner of Nigerians were employed in failing institutions, but it failed due to leadership. So no need trying to extenuate your guilt, the failure was due to Oga-at-the-top, who was definitely not Igbo while the mismanagement was ongoing.

And just so you know, a lot of what is imported from Dubai is made in Abia state.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by chatterly: 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
i really wonder why a particular part of Nigeria is so negatively obsessed with the yorubas,ok the yorubas will starve abi?
Why not let us wait till then and see what happens!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SmartTalk: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2013
na2day!:
I'm amazed at the level of ethnic hatred going on in Nigeria.
If nairaland is the pulse of the nation, then I'm afraid all hope is lost!
Can't we all work together without one section trying to pull the other down? Or dominate the other?
India has about 28 states and 400 languages and they are all working together to make the country an Asian power house .
How many are we, that we feel, our state will be better after separation?
Wake up guys, changing our looters will not change the country, what will is abandoning this kind of hatred and mentality, building structures that will inhibit bad leadership and calling all our leaders to account!

Well, if India was Nigeria, since the Sikhs are stereotypically entrepreneurs, the same amount of hatred the Igbo have directed at them would be directed at the Sikhs. Their properties would be expropriated and they would be killed. Since the Indians did not do that to their progressive members, they have seen economic growth and prosperity. That is the difference between India and Nigeria. And lest I forget, one of the things India did was allow Pakistan to leave. Nigeria has to consider similar pragmatism.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SmartTalk: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
chatterly: i really wonder why a particular part of Nigeria is so negatively obsessed with the yorubas,ok the yorubas will starve abi?
Why not let us wait till then and see what happens!!!!!!

No need to wait, let's make it happen. All parts of Nigeria, at least the ones not satisfied with noise making, should insist on a referendum on the legality of the Nigerian state and to determine members of newly independent countries. I know Biafrans are ready for that, we just need other Nigerians to join us, instead of waiting for Godot.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Ashlyy20(f): 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
Evri one will suffer.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SmartTalk: 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ashlyy20: Evri one will suffer.

Sure, it is going to affect everybody. But in the long term, we will have to adjust and make the best out of it. I think staying together in this false country would make more suffer in the future. It's already happening.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by RareDiamond: 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
I want to express my disappointment at IJAW CITIZENS AND SUGAGUCHI OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE A NIGER DELTA WANNA BE. NO TRUE NIGER DELTA WOULD SPEAK SUCH LIES AND EVIL AGAINST OUR CLOSE AND FRIENDLY BROTHERS; THE IGBOS. WE IN THE NIGER DELTA ARE EVER WILLING TO EXTEND OUR HANDS OF FRIENDSHIP ACROSS THE NIGER.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
Son-Of-El:

ibadan, megacity? If i hear. You are really dreaming, or perhaps, you are ignorant of the use the word 'mega'. Lagos, a complete city-state, is the only one qualified to use the term, it hasn't even achieved it fully yet. Ibadan? Please...

Lol! I said in comparison to SE cities!

Lagos is a complete city state?
Have you heard of badagry before? Under which state is it? Abi its ikorodu that is far away from the main town!

You need to stop trying to denigrate yorubaland, the truth is igboland isn't any better infact worse than many places in yorubaland!

P.s: port harcout is not igboland, stop claiming shiit!

@ngozi, how you dey na? cheesy
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2013
University of Ibadan used to be called University College (London), Ibadan - a small extension of the British university.

It was the second tertiary institution built by the colonial administrators for the Nigerian state, and is not in anyway some achievement by any Nigerian group.

The first leading figure in that university was an Igbo man, which further shows that the institution did not have a regional slant when it was first created.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2013
Off topic, but it had to be said.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by bloggernaija: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2013
SmartTalk:

@topazjos

Lagos before nigeria. Nobody should delude themselves that anything will change about Lagos. In fact that state needs serious emigration.

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
^^^All that is thanks to England grin.

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SmartTalk: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2013
nnenna.1:

I thought I made that obvious in my earlier post. Abeg helep me explain to am.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by bloggernaija: 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
nnenna.1:

Thanks to england as well?

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
nnenna.1:
University of Ibadan used to be called University College (London), Ibadan - a small extension of the British university.

It was the second tertiary institution built by the colonial administrators for the Nigerian state, and is not in anyway some achievement by any Nigerian group.

The first leading figure in that university was an Igbo man, which further shows that the institution did not have a regional slant when it was first created.

Nnenna do you realise you've wrongly yorubas on this thread and yet to apologise?

I know you like claiming the victim, "yorubas started it" is your chorus everytime, but did you check the first poster to start issues on here?
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SmartTalk: 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
bloggernaija:

Lagos before nigeria. Nobody should delude themselves that anything will change about Lagos. In fact that state needs serious emigration.

Instead of waiting for emigration, why not expand development to nearby less populated states. That's what China does. Waiting for emigration will get you nowhere. If you don't believe me, then leave Lagos with your family and stay out instead of telling others to leave. Of course you could take the Pakistani approach of killing "outsiders" and become like another Nigerian city - Kano.
Off topic but I just thought it became necessary due to the frequent mention of "emigration" here. A little commonsense now and then comes in handy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike / Makarfi And Sheriff Release Joint Statement (photos) / Shehu Sani - Those Agitating For Biafra Have Never Seen War

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.