Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) (14789 Views)

This Is What Happens Sometimes When You Stop A Girl And Ask For Her Number / Dating Ebira Girl V.S Dating A Yoruba Girl. My 7 Observations. / Have You Dumped Someone Before And Regret It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 12:47am On Jun 05, 2013
Subomi-luv:
They find it difficult that White men can be attracted to Nigerian women

Why is that? (thank you by the way!)

The reason why I didn't "make a move" with the girl is because of her brothers...and father. I got the impression that they would not be happy about it.

Do guys in Nigeria not like the idea of Yoruba girls being with a foreigner then?
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 05, 2013
Then i have officially become chinese
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 05, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

You've gotta be careful on this NL
You dont know how many Yoruba haters we have personifying themselves as "Oyinbos"
Wouldnt surprise me if this same OP bere lati ma bu awon Yoruba later
Yes dear you are right, you never know esp on Nairaland but i think he is telling the truth. Either way am just having harmless fun
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 12:51am On Jun 05, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

You've gotta be careful on this NL
You dont know how many Yoruba haters we have personifying themselves as "Oyinbos"
Wouldnt surprise me if this same OP bere lati ma bu awon Yoruba later

Ohhhhh okay. I was actually complimenting the Yoruba people, not insulting them. I only really mixed with Yoruba and I think you guys are ace

Having said that, I have also met Igbo's. They are awesome too. I met one girl from Lagos who was really switched on.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 05, 2013
TrickofTech:

Why is that? (thank you by the way!)

The reason why I didn't "make a move" with the girl is because of her brothers...and father. I got the impression that they would not be happy about it.

Do guys in Nigeria not like the idea of Yoruba girls being with a foreigner then?
Well it depends on the family, some are old school and not so open minded and they may be wary of your intentions towards her. I think it'll be best to find a more "Westernized" girl as it would be easier to understand each other better. Like you said it could be a green card thing.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Biim: 12:53am On Jun 05, 2013
Op I believed you before I saw the picture, I have cousins who are lighter than what you showed us.
A clearer picture please.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 05, 2013
undecided
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 05, 2013
TrickofTech:

Ohhhhh okay. I was actually complimenting the Yoruba people, not insulting them. I only really mixed with Yoruba and I think you guys are ace

Having said that, I have also met Igbo's. They are awesome too. I met one girl from Lagos who was really switched on.

Who said anything about Igbos?
You keep digging your own grave.

Goodluck, btw
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:00am On Jun 05, 2013
please leave him o. What if he is telling the truth? On Nairaland anyone can be whoever they want after all we have Kisha sands etc. So let him be.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 05, 2013
Subomi-luv:
please leave him o. What if he is telling the truth? On Nairaland anyone can be whoever they want after all we have Kisha sands etc. So let him be.

Iyawo oko, mo ti gbo. cheesy
I keep all 10 of my eyes open on issues like this
#unfollowed thread.

1 Like

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 05, 2013
But op you are one hell of a photoshopper if the pic is fake. Anyways it's a bit hard to believe because you can really speak the Naija lingo so that is why i guess people are not believing your story.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Biim: 1:03am On Jun 05, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Is Kishana Sands not real? I checked and saw her on facebook.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 1:04am On Jun 05, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Well it depends on the family, some are old school and not so open minded and they may be wary of your intentions towards her. I think it'll be best to find a more "Westernized" girl as it would be easier to understand each other better. Like you said it could be a green card thing.

Yes I can see what you are saying. The family were pretty traditional...although they did like me a lot. They were the ones that joked about marriage...was it a joke? You Nigerians have a very blunt and dry way of saying stuff. I could never tell whether it was jokey sarcasm...or if they wanted to see how I responded.

Like I say. She had said to me that it is not right for her to marry a oyinbo, personally. Other times she was extremely forward and flirtatious...saying stuff like she was going to really miss me when I left...wanting to know if I had been with girl (when I returned home).

I was always confused about what kind of relationship she wanted (friend/boyfriend etc.) ...and still am.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 05, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Iyawo oko, mo ti gbo. cheesy
I keep all 10 of my eyes open on issues like this
#unfollowed thread.
Am off to bed. Goodnight my dear :-)

1 Like

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 05, 2013
Biim:
Is Kishana Sands not real? I checked and saw her on facebook.
lol she is real but adabeke12 is not Kishana Sands
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 05, 2013
TrickofTech:

Yes I can see what you are saying. The family were pretty traditional...although they did like me a lot. They were the ones that joked about marriage...was it a joke? You Nigerians have a very blunt and dry way of saying stuff. I could never tell whether it was jokey sarcasm...or if they wanted to see how I responded.

Like I say. She had said to me that it is not right for her to marry a oyinbo, personally. Other times she was extremely forward and flirtatious...saying stuff like she was going to really miss me when I left...wanting to know if I had been with girl (when I returned home).

I was always confused about what kind of relationship she wanted (friend/boyfriend etc.) ...and still am.
Well i think it's best you forget about her. You do not want a person who will give you mixed signals and play mind games with you. So are you looking for a black women or a Nigerian women or was it just a once of thing? What exactly do you want?
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Florena(f): 1:09am On Jun 05, 2013
it
is very impossible 4 a person born and bred in UK 2 speak like dis,
infact if u re wat u claim u were u wouldn't mind her parent, oyinbos
dnt care much abt dat..........and abt d pic, it shows u re black or u
can be an albino
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 1:10am On Jun 05, 2013
Subomi-luv:
But op you are one hell of a photoshopper if the pic is fake. Anyways it's a bit hard to believe because you can really speak the Naija lingo so that is why i guess people are not believing your story.

Haha! Thank you very much. I actually tried very hard to integrate into Nigerian life as much as possible...it was very hard. I think I was always seen as a foreigner...but there were times where I was treated like one of the family which was really nice.

I have a bit of a grasp of how Nigerian culture works and I know some Yoruba......abi lol : )
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 1:12am On Jun 05, 2013
Florena: it
can be an albino

Affin lol

What am I saying that is sooooooo un-oyinbo?
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 05, 2013
Florena: it
can be an albino

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 05, 2013
Ada honey pie won't you sleep? Am off to bed and i have to get up early tomorrow cry

1 Like

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 1:19am On Jun 05, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Well i think it's best you forget about her. You do not want a person who will give you mixed signals and play mind games with you. So are you looking for a black women or a Nigerian women or was it just a once of thing? What exactly do you want?

I will stay in contact with her. But as a friend. I regret not telling her I liked her at the time...but there is nothing else I can really do now : (

I am looking for someone...not necessarily black or Nigerian. When I went out there...I convinced myself that I wouldn't get involved emotionally with someone because I assumed that most women were after the whiteness, green card or money.

I just ended up getting on with her really well and I think both of us connected...even if it was just as friends.

For now..."I am still hoping"/"still looking"...as you say in Nigeria!
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 05, 2013
TrickofTech:

Haha! Thank you very much. I actually tried very hard to integrate into Nigerian life as much as possible...it was very hard. I think I was always seen as a foreigner...but there were times where I was treated like one of the family which was really nice.

I have a bit of a grasp of how Nigerian culture works and I know some Yoruba......abi lol : )
Ok i see. anyways chat later. It's nice to see that you are interested in our culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgNPlnw69A
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 1:23am On Jun 05, 2013
Night Night
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 05, 2013
TrickofTech:

I will stay in contact with her. But as a friend. I regret not telling her I liked her at the time...but there is nothing else I can really do now : (

I am looking for someone...not necessarily black or Nigerian. When I went out there...I convinced myself that I wouldn't get involved emotionally with someone because I assumed that most women were after the whiteness, green card or money.

I just ended up getting on with her really well and I think both of us connected...even if it was just as friends.

For now..."I am still hoping"/"still looking"...as you say in Nigeria!

Ok. Well i wish you the best of luck. One should be careful nowadays men and women as there are too many crooks looking for an easy way out. Goodnight
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 05, 2013
Idowuogbo: Lmaoooo! Mr man stop forming mehn.... Dis na story!!!! U and i know u black pass bance. U oyinbo? Or u mean black albino? undecided
grin grin grin grin grin You guys make me laugh
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Omobarca: 1:37am On Jun 05, 2013

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 05, 2013
Omo_barca: Omo Ode._.
I hope you are not referring to me undecided
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Omobarca: 2:00am On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by 99cent: 4:38am On Jun 05, 2013
@TrickofTech,you say that she is older than you. how old are you? Maybe it's best for you just to remain as friends.

it seems clear to me that she likes you although of course i'm sure she also is dreamy about traveling abroad. What I don't know is if she liked u because u r white or for other reasons. I don't know you so I can't tell. If she's 30 then also, it may be getting difficult for her to find a husband. i'm sure her parents are hinting at u if they call u in-law or husband. LOL

sometimes, being good friends is good enough. and I like that you are being smart about all of this and thinking carefully.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Godson201333(m): 4:54am On Jun 05, 2013
Another super story....
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by andyanders: 7:08am On Jun 05, 2013
Idowuogbo: Lmaoooo! Mr man stop forming mehn.... Dis na story!!!! U and i know u black pass bance. U oyinbo? Or u mean black albino? undecided

Idowuogbo, In fact I know a white man cannot write this way and this to me is fiction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Asking Woman About Her Age / Every Thing Wrong With Using Alum To Tighten Your V@gina / y

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.