Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) (14760 Views)

This Is What Happens Sometimes When You Stop A Girl And Ask For Her Number / Dating Ebira Girl V.S Dating A Yoruba Girl. My 7 Observations. / Have You Dumped Someone Before And Regret It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
So I am from the US. I am white, male. I have just spent some months in Nigeria and I found Nigeria amazing! I really enjoyed it. Seeing the different cultures and the different way of life. I was great.

I was staying with a Nigerian family (Yoruba) and again...it was really cool. Thing is, the family had a daughter about 30 (a couple of years older than me). She is not really good looking, but ok, Born Again, and we seemed to get on really well. She was really friendly...and I slowly got the impression that she liked me (romantically). She would use any excuse to talk to me and was always coming to my room to chat. I really liked her too, straight away...but I never really did anything about it. Basically we just did this back and forth flirting type thing everyday...and that's how it stayed. I was very aware that her parents lived in the same house and I did not want to be disrespectful. On top of that...there is the whole cultural gap...I know quite a bit about Yoruba culture, but I am not sure how Nigerians approach courting and flirting and all that stuff.

Her family would often 'joke' (although I am not sure!) about us getting married...which was quite awkward. At times she seemed very interested in asking me "when will you marry?" and "would you marry a Nigerian?". Other times she said outright that it was not appropriate for her to marry a white person. When I left she said she would really really miss me...and has called me a lot since. She keeps asking to return to Nigeria.

I left Nigeria without telling her that I liked her a lot.

Thing is, I am not an mugu. I am aware of the film 'oyinbo hunters'! I know there are many Nigerian women after green cards and money! Also, I am not even sure if she really liked me romantically. Are women in Nigeria flirtatious generally? I could have just been mistaking her over-friendliness for romantic interest, although there were times which I was sure she fancied me. I am well aware that some Nigerians are intrigued by white people...and it could have just been that.

We were pretty close by the end of my time in Nigeria. I REALLY regret not telling her that I liked her...I just want her to know how beautiful (inside and out) I thought she was, even if she isn't interested.

I am glad at least we are friends for the moment. I would really like to see her again one day, although all I can think is that I will probably never see her again. I just wish I could have spent more time with her...talked to her some more.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Idowuogbo(f): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
Lmaoooo! Mr man stop forming mehn.... Dis na story!!!! U and i know u black pass bance. U oyinbo? Or u mean black albino? undecided

11 Likes

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
No friend. I am not lying. All of what I have said is true. Why would I want to make up something like this. It may not sound very believable, but it happened.

I am white American.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
Your oyibo ? grin

Well if you like her, fly back to naija and proclaim your love for her

Did you say mugu ? grin grin grin grin
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Rapmaestro(m): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
Thing is, I am not an mugu. I am aware of the film 'oyinbo hunters'! I know there are many Nigerian women after green cards and money!
see embarassment 4 Nigerian babes.. BTW oyinbo sef don jah{dats if I believe you}

1 Like

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Foodconsumer(m): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
Did i just hear u say "mugu"? Like seriously?

From a white?

Nigga u're BUSTED!!
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by AtheistD(m): 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2013
TrickofTech: No friend. I am not lying. All of what I have said is true. Why would I want to make up something like this. It may not sound very believable, but it happened.

I am white American.

Busted dude...

No white dude would protest so much. Neither would he waste his time on nairaland doing "research"... he would just hit that and ask questions later grin
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
Food_consumer: Did i just hear u say "mugu"? Like seriously?

From a white?

Nigga u're BUSTED!!

Lol! How would I know what "mugu" meant...unless I have been to Nigeria. I know quite a bit of basic yoruba... Ekarro, Ekasso, Ekurole, Ekali etc.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Idowuogbo(f): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2013
TrickofTech:

Lol! How would I know what "mugu" meant...unless I have been to Nigeria. I know quite a bit of basic yoruba... Ekarro, Ekasso, Ekurole, Ekali etc.
Bawoni? U oyinbo? Lmao! Try again! User busy! U b full blown omo Egba.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2013
adaobi123: Your oyibo ? grin

Well if you like her, fly back to naija and proclaim your love her

Well that would be the only option! lol. It literally is the only way it could go anywhere. Only other option is let it go...she was sooooo peng though!
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
TrickofTech:

Well that would be the only option! lol. It literally is the only way it could go anywhere. Only other option is let it go...she was sooooo peng though!

peng ? that aint american angry angry angry angry

LIIAARRRRRRRRRRRR
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Busted dude...

No white dude would protest so much. Neither would he waste his time on nairaland doing "research"... he would just hit that and ask questions later grin

Would have been great. But you have got to think about it from my point of view...there were family members in the house. If I tried something and she was not up for it...I could have made things very awkward.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
Lol! Okay people. I don't know what I can say to prove it...I often ate garri for snack and ponmo with pounded yam/kassava/semo for dinner.

Anyway all of this did happen. I just wanted to see what peoples thoughts are.

...I am going to have to just let it go I think. I really did like her though.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
upload a pic of yourself with your username, we will believe you then tongue

2 Likes

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by critique101(f): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
TrickofTech:

I'm also interested in getting a green card. However, I think it is cool that you learnt some yoruba n enjoyed yourself. How did you learn about nairaland
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
adaobi123: upload a pic of yourself with your username, we will believe you then tongue

Haha! I am not going to do that. I really don't want to get into an argument over whether I am white or not. I can see my skin...it looks very white!

Please just imagine that what I am saying is true. Do you think there is a chance she liked me? (and I mean NOT for money/green card etc.) How do Nigerian guys court?
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2013
critique101:

I'm also interested in getting a green card. However, I think it is cool that you learnt some yoruba n enjoyed yourself. How did you learn about nairaland

Thank you (Eshe poopor!!) I was browsing 'Nigeria' and Nairaland came up. I tried to learn as much Yoruba as possible...it was very hard. I really wish I could have understood the language fully, because the girl and family would often chat away in Yoruba...and I really wanted to know what they were saying!...especially when they were talking about me!
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Idowuogbo(f): 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
TrickofTech:

Peng? Yoh famzi... U a British born black niggah.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
TrickofTech:

Haha! I am not going to do that. I really don't want to get into an argument over whether I am white or not. I can see my skin...it looks very white!

Please just imagine that what I am saying is true. Do you think there is a chance she liked me? (and I mean NOT for money/green card etc.) How to Nigerian guys court?

why not ? upload and then remove it !
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
[/quote][quote author=Idowuogbo]
Odeh, u still use d "N" word in dis present days

4 Likes

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
Idowuogbo:

Naaahhh. I have spent many years in the UK too. I am not black and I have spent time in your country.

I know it sounds very unbelievable, but I am a white guy, I went to Nigeria, met this girl and I really like her but never told her.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
adaobi123:

why not ? upload and then remove it !

No sorry. It's not something I do online. I like my privacy.

If you don't believe me, I'm sorry. I was just hoping for some advice.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
Idowuogbo: Lmaoooo! Mr man stop forming mehn.... Dis na story!!!! U and i know u black pass bance. U oyinbo? Or u mean black albino? undecided
Nairaland agberu, mecheeew, d wife material in u can't even sew a jeans string

9 Likes

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
ighoosagie:
Nairaland agberu, mecheeew, d wife material in u can't even sew a jeans string

shattaapp angry

2 Likes

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
If u r oyinbo then I'm Chinese
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
ighoosagie:
Odeh, u still use d "N" word in dis present days

I am not black. This is why I am NOT using the "N" word. White guys cant say "N".

...also...do you think I would have gone to Nigeria if I was the sort of person who used the "N" word!...no is the answer...I am not racist.

(I know you guys call it "Du Du!" or "Do Do" in Naija anyways!)

1 Like

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Sanboy25: 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
If you really appreciate her, go for it. wink
Wish you two the best. smiley

1 Like

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by TrickofTech: 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
Okay. I was hoping for you guys to actually read what I had written and answer me truthfully as I still really like her and if there was any chance at all that she liked me...I would consider doing something about it...literally look jobs in Nigeria.

She was really cool. She was very loud and abrupt. Very dedicated to her religion (Born Again) and she did absolutely everything in the house (cooking and cleaning). She was so kind and basically looked after everyone there...she was just really amazing, and I wish I had told her.
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Foodconsumer(m): 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: If u r oyinbo then I'm Chinese
and i'm a spaniard... grin grin grin
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by danjaydotcom(m): 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
Y'all relax this guy just catch. Trips on here lol this is a forum anyway u can't say whatever but mind you poster u a nigerian so u write like one. Your grammatical expression shows u a nigerian or an african. So in as much as I know u lying about who you are then u lying about the whole story. I no go I beg smiley
Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Sanboy25: 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
Try telling her that you're giving up EVERYTHING that you have in America, including your nationality, to come LIVE in Nigeria with her.
According to her reaction you'll know the truth. grin

4 Likes

Re: Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo) by Florena(f): 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-XWhat!!! U just spent som months in Nigeria and u can spell yoruba dis good!!
U must be kidding Nairaland entirely nt me alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, is 6.5 Inch joystick Big Or Small For You? / Man Sells Kidney To Buy Engagement-Ring, Gets Dumped / "Olive Juice" Instead of "I Love You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.