Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Polytheists Vs Trinity - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polytheists Vs Trinity (10292 Views)

More Trouble For Polytheists Trinitarians!!! / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

And he is still deluded as usual......

Wasn't david worshipped,adored and revered alongside Yahweh??....

Why can't you guys grow some simple sense and abandon the trinity.....

I believe in the only one God the Father who is my God...

The aLl other Gods are not my God...

Now this is where you don't get to understand me and the Jw's.....

Many can be called God(s).......angels,man,Jesus,mountains, etc....

But to us there is but one GOD.....the Father...

The Father is my God.....Jesus is not my God....so I remain a monotheist...

You on the other hand call Jesus your God,call the Father your God and also call the holy spirit your God....

1 Corinthians 8:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,
from whom all things came and for whom we
live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,
through whom all things came and through
whom we live.

I bet you and other trinitarians are not part of the US mentioned in this verse.....

Don't you dare compare me with you false polytheists.......

Yep! I fully agree with you bro, there'e but only one God, and you see, he blesses whoever he chooses to bless and exalts whoever he chooses to.... My point, God himself exalted Jesus christ, and put him first(christ) before himself and said whoever wants to come to him has to go through jesus first, and since jesus was once on earth representing God in human form and then died and resurrected, Jesus left the Holy spirit(his spirit) with us to comfort us... Have you ever tried to imagine how great the God we serve? So you think you can just go straight to him in confront( how unworthy). The patriach did in some way and it wasn't really always a good turn out. Jesus is like a gateway to God that subdues his wrath. So if you feel we worship Jesus(the trinity) we do because our heavenly father asked us to( of course He did)... These isn't even worth it! The so called trinity wasn't even mentioned in the bible( why make it a bone of contention) lets talk on better things like how to depopulate the kingdom of satan not populate it with al these crap.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2013
When would benalvino grasp the point that Jesus is not my GOD??.......

Benalvino do you understand the bolded??.........
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 10:58am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

What do you understand by the word idol? If you worship light it becomes and idol... You worship radio frequency it becomes an idol. If you call anything that is not God god that thing is idol.

Idol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idol
An idol is an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.

An idol is an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idol

^

Satan is a spirit person just as Jesus is a spirit person.

But the stone or paper of Jesus or satan used for worship is an idol but they are real persons and not stones or paper.

There is a difference between idol and idolatry.

So, calling satan an "idol" is misleading.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2013
Thoniameek: Yep! I fully agree with you bro, there'e but only one God, and you see, he blesses whoever he chooses to bless and exalts whoever he chooses to.... My point, God himself exalted Jesus christ, and put him first(christ) before himself and said whoever wants to come to him has to go through jesus first, and since jesus was once on earth representing God in human form and then died and resurrected, Jesus left the Holy spirit(his spirit) with us to comfort us... Have you ever tried to imagine how great the God we serve? So you think you can just go straight to him in confront( how unworthy). The patriach did in some way and it wasn't really always a good turn out. Jesus is like a gateway to God that subdues his wrath. So if you feel we worship Jesus(the trinity) we do because our heavenly father asked us to( of course He did)... These isn't even worth it! The so called trinity wasn't even mentioned in the bible( why make it a bone of contention) lets talk on better things like how to depopulate the kingdom of satan not populate it with al these crap.

please ask your freinds who there God is...

They are mentioning 3 people as there God......

I am not against we going through Jesus to get to the one God the Father....

What I am here arguing is someone telling me that I am a polytheist because I know and recognize that there are other Gods who aren't my GOD.......

Tell your freinds that the one GOD to us is the Father alone.......

Tell your polytheist friends.......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 11:05am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

And Jesus corrected what ever thomas had in mind in john 20:17........

Jesus made it known to them who there God is......

Didn't he??......

Besides I said thomas was struck with awe and exclaimed aloud.......

The same exact thing we do today........

And please isaiah did not imagine 2 one God or 2 true God.....

You still have a problem with the title God.......

I might say again that paul identified another GOD in 2 corinthians 4:4 and then call Paul a polytheist....

Thank you!!!....
Paul doesn't believe in idols... Like I have always said... You believe in the idol U R making Jesus to be so U believe in 2 gods.

How do U know it was shock that makes him call Jesus is God and Lord...
Soon U go use the bless U people say after sneeze to back U up. Lol

So today when people are shocked to see me they start calling me their lord and god? And even worship me put?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

No peter is not.

The activity of the Holy spirit is a reference to Yahweh in action.
so if activity of holyspirit is equal to Yahweh in action, are we not saying same thing. In the end you arrive at holyspirit being God and not an idol

The holyspirit is operational in the disciples was from God and as such, their lying/going against the leading of the holy spirit in them is lying against Yahweh, the one whose power was leading them.
[quote]simple statement. You have lied against the holyspirit you have lied against God. What else do you need to see where lieing to holyspirit means lieing to God

[quote]
same way that the bible calls the father almighty God and Jesus mighty God:

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3).

And Jesus :

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).
isaiah 10:21 who is called mighty god there

Your thread has been properly dealt with, Jesus had blood in him as such was not a spirit person. Chikena
no
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:11am On Jun 28, 2013
Benalvino...we are also holy o....are we the one God??...
1 corinthians 3:17
New Living Translation (©2007)
God will destroy anyone who
destroys this temple. For God's
temple is holy, and you are that
temple.

1 corinthians 6:2

NET Bible (©2006)
Or do you not know that the saints
will judge the world? And if the
world is to be judged by you, are
you not competent to settle
trivial suits?

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
(©2010)
Or do you not know that the
Saints shall judge the universe?
And if the universe is judged by
you, are you not worthy to judge
small disputes?

We are called holy too......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 11:13am On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

Lol. ^

You are confused, you dont know your God.
why does God say let us make and then say i made. Did the persons he was talking to refuse to join him
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

Idol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idol

An idol is an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idol

^

Satan is a spirit person just as Jesus is a spirit person.

But the stone or paper of Jesus or satan use for worship is an idol but they are real persons and not stones or paper.

There is a difference between idol and idolatry.

let the bible be your dictionary...
For all the gods of the peoples are idols, but the LORD made the heavens." (1 Chronicles 16:26).
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:
Paul doesn't believe in idols... Like I have always said... You believe in the idol U R making Jesus to be so U believe in 2 gods.

How do U know it was shock that makes him call Jesus is God and Lord...
Soon U go use the bless U people say after sneeze to back U up. Lol

So today when people are shocked to see me they start calling me their lord and god? And even worship me put?

When people are shocked they exlaim my GOD!!!!!!!..........have you not made such exclamations before in front of people??....

Are the people your GOD??....

And please when paul penned down 2 corinthians 4:4 he wasn't calling satan an idol....he called him the GOD...

And like I pointed out earlier,God pronoucing men as God(s) does not make man the GOD of the Father.......

God is not a polytheist.......

I recognize the Father as my God and no other person.....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

He doesn't know who is God is...

He is so confused.......

He mentioned 3 seperate individuals as his God and struggling to merge them as one GOD...

Oya open a scripture to show what he expressed as his God,he is running around like lionel messi.......

Today we go find out who be polytheist.....
why does God say let us make and then say i made. Did the persons he was talking to refuse to join him in creation
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:20am On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: why does God say let us make and then say i made. Did the persons he was talking to refuse to join him in creation

Who was this GOD that made the statement ""let us""??...

It is obvious the one saying "let us" isn't the same as the person(s) he was addressing .....

Who made the statement "let us"??....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: so if activity of holyspirit is equal to Yahweh in action, are we not saying same thing.

No, we are not saying the same thing.

You call the Holy spirit a person and the doing of a different person.

I see it as an action of Yahweh and not two person.

deSika:
In the end you arrive at holyspirit being God and not an idol

Yahweh is the person and not his action.

I am the person and not my actions.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 11:24am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Chei.......grin.....

Your God is 3 persons and not one my brother......

Who is the polytheist here??....

Me or you??.....

why does peter say if you are lieing to holyspirit you are lieing to God.

why does God say let us make and then say i made. Did the persons he was talking to refuse to join him
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 11:27am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

let the bible be your dictionary...
For all the gods of the peoples are idols, but the LORD made the heavens." (1 Chronicles 16:26).

Thats ^ a reference to statues that are used in the worship of Demons and satan.

Satan himself is not statue.

Satan goes about like a lion , satan talked to God, satan tempted Jesus christ.

Jesus and Yahweh are not deluded that you can know more than them.

Satan is a person, trinity is pushing you to lie so that you can defend a lie.

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: why does peter say if you are lieing to holyspirit you are lieing to God.

When God said let us reason......

Did the person(s) he was talking refuse to engage in the reasoning??...

And was the person(God) who made the statement "let us" the same as the persons he was addressing??....

Remember I want you to scripturally tell me who your one GOD is...

So far so Good you are not on the side of the Jews and with the apostles who know that the one GOD to us is the Father alone......

Are you among the US mentioned in 1 corinthians 8:6...??

Are you??.....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid: When would benalvino grasp the point that Jesus is not my GOD??.......

Benalvino do you understand the bolded??.........

is jesus your mighty god
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

Thats ^ a reference to statues that are used in the worship of Demons and satan.

He thinks satan and all the angels in heaven are carved images or moulded structures.........
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:32am On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: is jesus your mighty god

He is to be called mighty GOD....a powerful ruler, appointed king of Gods kingdom....

He is not my GOD......

Isaiah didn't pen those words and say ""he would be called my mighty GOD""...

Isaiah had his senses intact....he knew who was his God......

I repeat.....Jesus is not my God....the Father alone is....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 11:33am On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: is jesus your mighty god

The word God is a title.

And in this title "God" Jesus is highly rank = powerful God.

But the most powerful God is the father = Yahweh.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 11:43am On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

Are you sure... It says all the gods of the people are idols... Except the Lord who made the heavens... Why should God compare him self to woods other than person?

When the bible says whether tthere are socalled gods in heaven and earth... Now in the case of heaven is it talking about woods image or spirits like Satan?

God said he didn't make or form a single god...anything U see that are god is what people makes... Satan people make him god not God... So use the bible... Satan and the idols are no different
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:49am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Are you sure... It says all the gods of the people are idols... Except the Lord who made the heavens... Why should God compare him self to woods other than person?

When the bible says whether tthere are socalled gods in heaven and earth... Now in the case of heaven is it talking about woods image or spirits like Satan?

God said he didn't make or form a single god...anything U see that are god is what people makes... Satan people make him god not God... So use the bible... Satan and the idols are no different

God called men God(s)...the scriptures call angels "EL"...is God a polytheist??....

You are just confusing yourself to feel good.....

You have agreed that your God(s) are 3 persons,the Father,son and holyspirit and not 1 person.....

I can't keep arguing with a polytheist like you......

I declare again... My GOD is the Father alone.....

And may I leave you to wallow in your polytheism......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Are you sure... It says all the gods of the people are idols...

why Yahweh is being worship in spirit without images, the nations makes use of statues to worship their gods = images/statues = idol

but Yahweh rejects such ^.

Satan does not seat on physically seat on their thrones as idol cause he is a spirit person.

But he accepts those ^ statues and images.

benalvino:

the gods of the nations be it in the sea or heavens have physical images that symbolised them.

Satan is a spirit and cannot seat on physical thrones but via statues and imag he is being worship.

That you want to call satan a statue is your cup of tea.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

The word God is a title.

And in this title "God" Jesus is highly rank = powerful God.

But the most powerful God is the father = Yahweh.

The Word God is not a title... The other 2 meaning are related to idols... Bible said God is a nature that's why there is only one.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Who was this GOD that made the statement ""let us""??...

It is obvious the one saying "let us" isn't the same as the person(s) he was addressing .....

Who made the statement "let us"??....
answering question with question.
pls answer mine, why did he say let us and then say i made, did they persons he was talking to not join him in the creation
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Na wa o.... Na only one God we get o( drop the trinity ish) it isn't mentioned in the bible for crying out loud!!! If i pray mentioning the holy spirit or Jesus christ, i know am refering to God Almighty(YHWH) because they're his actions and having a will of their own( just like human, we have a will of own too, just like satan) but his 'actions' are working together to his will... It all boils down to us having one God, only one God! Abeg na... Make una agree na.. Abeg! Say na one God we get, ABEG!!! *crying*
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

No, we are not saying the same thing.

You call the Holy spirit a person and the doing of a different person.

I see it as an action of Yahweh and not two person.

Yahweh is the person and not his action.

I am the person and not my actions.
whats a spirit, young man
is spirit an action. just beause you want to defend lies make u turn your reasoning upside down. when you say God is a spirit is he an action. smh
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 12:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
deSika:
my God is the father,the son and the holyghost. His name is Yahweh

See them ^, Worshpers of multiple gods.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

When God said let us reason......

Did the person(s) he was talking refuse to engage in the reasoning??...

And was the person(God) who made the statement "let us" the same as the persons he was addressing??....

Remember I want you to scripturally tell me who your one GOD is...

So far so Good you are not on the side of the Jews and with the apostles who know that the one GOD to us is the Father alone......

Are you among the US mentioned in 1 corinthians 8:6...??

Are you??.....
your answer is staring at you here. you say i should show you from sciptures who my God is. Peter says if am lieing to the Holyspirit am lieing to God. If am worshipping holyspirit am worshipping God, if am calling on the holyspirit am calling on God, if am praying to the holyspirit am praying to God, if am sinning against the holyspirit am sinning against God.

does it help yu with the answer yu want
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

The Word God is not a title... The other 2 meaning are related to idols... Bible said God is a nature that's why there is only one.

"the word god is not a title"

That ^ does not deserved a debate on.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
by the way when God said let us reason, he did not go oon to say and Good reasoned. so stop confusing yourself and answer my question.
when God said let us and then said i made, did the persons he was talking to reject his call
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
pls can you answer a question for once and stop answering questions with question, pls when God said let us and then said i made. did the persons he was talking to refuse to join in. thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Stop blasphemy God / Alfaseltzer- I Have Put On The Whole Weapon For War. Am Ready For War. / Is Jesus God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.