Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Polytheists Vs Trinity - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polytheists Vs Trinity (10293 Views)

More Trouble For Polytheists Trinitarians!!! / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

he was mad like a god to pharaoh oooo... he is not God. to calm his stubbornness... its not like you guys that have so many definition for God... bible says its either true or false... you guys says Jesus is a True God... but he is demi God... where did the bible say Jesus is a Demi God?

the bottom line is it is clear.. the bible is not talking about gods who sick worships or not... cos no idol has ever asked anyone to worship them...

it is clear that the gods that didn't create the heavens and earth will be destroyed.

And what kind of God was moses made??....an idol??......

You are still running around the corner......

Was moses made an idol by God himself or a false God??......

And who ever called Jesus a demi GOD oooo........

Oboy I said Jesus is not the one GOD.......

The Father is the one GOD......

Abi make I use trumpet shout am for ona ear??.........
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

How can they show you in the bible ?

Did they use the bible to arrived at their 3gods ?
thats what we have been trying to explain to you. You would either dodge, explain it away or call it a wrong rendition.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: and God said let us make. The person speaking was part of the the persons doing the work. He was not outside the work

And the person who spoke is the oga who calls on his vendors.....

I ask you:::

Why didn't the others who were invited invite the inviter in the first place??......

Why??.......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 5:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thoniameek: We have one God, that i know and not three.... In sunday school class we were thought that jesus is God's first ever creation(maybe before the universe as a whole) Now, God exalted christ next to him and also gave same authority he has over everything to jesus, just like christ himself said(i'am 'the' way, 'the' truth and 'the' life. Not 'a' way, truth or life but 'the' only way, it's definite) we can't get to the father except through him, and the holy spirit is christ presence comforting us till he comes, it is meant to direct us, to help us decern right from wrong( so, if you're confused over these, let the holy spirit help you out) I still stand that there's one God, but there're channels to get to him(the holy spirit, jesus christ and God himself) and if i pray to any, am praying to God himslef.... Mehn! A blog won't be enough to explain these!

ijawkid oooo this is an hybrid of trinity and arian theology oooo.... lmao. cheesy
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: thats what we have been trying to explain to you. You would either dodge, explain it away or call it a wrong rendition.

Oboy you guys have opened not one scripture to prove that the one GOD is 3 persons and not the Father alone.......

I have opened a clear cut scripture identifying the Father alone as the one God....

I await your scriptures o...

Hiding behind genesis is rather childish and stupid......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Bro, me dey confuse for here o. If jesus isn't one with God, how come we offer prayer to him? and God himself come say.' if any call upon the name jesus believing, that person, he will answer'? Helep me clearify am abeg o

2 Likes

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

again how can God make God God?

he was made like god to pharaoh... the keyword there is like... God is a nature that Jesus and the Father have.
the father said he didn't form any God... so when i said like i mean like god to pharaoh.

the question now is why is a god made to be a god?
you can call it foolish question... but this verse is showing we are not gods simple.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Oboy you guys have opened not one scripture to prove that the one GOD is 3 persons and not the Father alone.......

I have opened a clear cut scripture identifying the Father alone as the one God....

I await your scriptures o...

Hiding behind genesis is rather childish and stupid......

how about your show us where the holy spirit is called a force in the bible?
ok show us where jesus is called a demi GOD?
need i go on?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

again how can God make God God?

he was made like god to pharaoh... the keyword there is like... God is a nature that Jesus and the Father have.
the father said he didn't form any God... so when i said like i mean like god to pharaoh.

the question now is why is a god made to be a god?
you can call it foolish question... but this verse is showing we are not gods simple.

How can you say God is a nature??....

Benalvino are you alright??....

grin.....

Oboy u dey alright or you just wan argue??.......

Chei nothing wey I no go hear for nairaland o.......

GOD IS A NATURE........

Lol....gringrin......

I just don't know what to do with you again.......

I give up o.......

Keep worshipping 3 people o...

Na ya business....

When the end come na Jesus go first slap you for not agreeing that the one God is the Father alone.....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Daniel 2:36-37

36 “This was the dream, and now we will
interpret it to the king. 37 Your Majesty, you
are the king of kings. The God of heaven has
given you dominion and power and might and
glory;

Nebuchadnezzar is called the King of Kings..........Jesus is also called the King of Kings.........

Are they the same persons or rather are they equal??........or should I be mistaking nebuchadnezzar for Jesus??.

I have once in this forum talked about what EL and Gibbor means....

But ona just no wan listen.......

shey u see yourself. Showed you where Jesus is called God, you say all of us are called God, showed you where Jesus is called mighty God you say God is almighty while Jesus is mighty, i showed you where The father is also mighty God. You now come up with this. What do you want again. I have do my best.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thoniameek: Bro, me dey confuse for here o. If jesus isn't one with God, how come we offer prayer to him? and God himself come say.' if any call upon the name jesus believing, that person, he will answer'? Helep me clearify am abeg o

Jesus has been appointed as mediator between man and God the Father......

Is a mediator equal to the person he is working for??......

I don't see how this simple thing wan confuse u my dear......

grin
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: shey u see yourself. Showed you where Jesus is called God, you say all of us are called God, showed you where Jesus is called mighty God you say God is almighty while Jesus is mighty, i showed you where The father is also mighty God. You now come up with this. What do you want again. I have do my best.

Oboy show all of us verse wey dey like this...

1 corinthians 8:6...

1 Corinthians 8:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,
from whom all things came and for whom we
live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,
through whom all things came and through
whom we live.

Can't you get a scripture like this instead of traveling from london,to tokyo,to paris and then back to london........

You have done no best my bro.......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 6:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

And since you are seeing the whole side of the cube kindly tell us that in genesis na 3 persons dey there.......

Oya....

And kindly open just one clear verse that says the one GOD is 3 persons.......

You have not been paying attention at all......

Have you wondered why the numerous persons who forgive sins turns out to be one person who forgives sins??.......

my thread deals with that. I showed you where a certain Yahweh was talking about another Yahweh.u hav dodged them there
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Jesus has been appointed as mediator between man and God the Father......

Is a mediator equal to the person he is working for??......

I don't see how this simple thing wan confuse u my dear......

grin
So, it's almost like jesus is an angel but to the father alone, right?.... So, i don't need to pray to him or cast out demons in his name, in fact i don't have to hold him in thesame regard as 'the father' right? ( but remember the father asked me to regard christ in thesame way i regard Him) wouldn't i be disobeying the father? But i don't get is Jesus christ not worth our worship? Because these is all sounding like he isn't worth all the honor he gets...

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

How can you say God is a nature??....

Benalvino are you alright??....

grin.....

Oboy u dey alright or you just wan argue??.......

Chei nothing wey I no go hear for nairaland o.......

GOD IS A NATURE........

Lol....gringrin......

I just don't know what to do with you again.......

I give up o.......

Keep worshipping 3 people o...

Na ya business....

When the end come na Jesus go first slap you for not agreeing that the one God is the Father alone.....

this is from your own bible...
Keep this mental attitude* in YOU that was also in Christ Jesus,+ 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form,+ gave no consideration to a seizure,* namely, that he should be equal to God.

so are humans in that form? or nature? you know that the form they are talking about is same attributes the father has?

which human get ability to create a world... that is one attribute only God can have. so God is not a title like the one satan has... it is Nature of his being. simple...
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

The question is who are polytheists??...

Persons who worship 3 persons or those who claim the one GOD to us is the Father alone.....

Your freinds are saying because one knows that others are called God(s) then that makes one a polytheist....

And right here it has been made known to them who the one God is....

But as you can see they are arguing that the one GOd is not the Father alone,but a combination of the Father,Son and holy spirit......

They claim 3 persons to be there God(s) and not one person........

Na him be the quarrel here o......

The people wan relegate the Father from being the one God to somebody wey be the colleagues of other persons.........they are making the Father a colleague of Jesus Christ......

Isn't that a sin deserving of destruction??...

And we are also telling them that even though other persons like men, angels, satan, Demons are called gods/Gods does not change from the fact that it is only the father, the almighty Yahweh that is our God that we worship.

In like manner, that Jesus also Bears the title God does not make him the God we worship, rather, we still worship the Father Yahweh, the God that Jesus christ also worship.

That anyone bears the title God does not change who the father is = the only true God, God almighty.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thoniameek: So, it's almost like jesus is an angel but to the father alone, right?.... So, i don't need to pray to him or cast out demons in his name, in fact i don't have to hold him in thesame regard as 'the father' right? ( but remember the father asked me to regard christ in thesame way i regard Him) wouldn't i be disobeying the father? But i don't get is Jesus christ not worth our worship? Because these is all sounding like he isn't worth all the honor he gets...

please help me ask him o... Because the angels that worship Jesus will they be Killed for idolatry?
why are we praying to Jesus?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: my thread deals with that. I showed you where a certain Yahweh was talking about another Yahweh.u hav dodged them there

And I had replied you with scriptures to cool down your delusion....

The scriptures consistently talks about one Yahweh and not 3 Yahwehs.......

It is your trinitarian mind that is killing you and blind folding you so as to just read false meanings into innocent scriptures.......

I didn't dodge......

Solomon example dey there dey wait for you wey you by pass with your own vain interpretation.......

Did Jesus tell you his name is Yahweh??,......

Eh??....

Or did God the Father at anytime tell you he would change his name to another name??.....

You guys just read scriptures blindly......

The Father has his own name...the Son has his own different name.....

Revelation 3:12

New Living Translation (©2007)
All who are victorious will become
pillars in the Temple of my God,
and they will never have to leave
it. And I will write on them the
name of my God, and they will be
citizens in the city of my God--the
new Jerusalem that comes down
from heaven from my God. And I
will also write on them my new
name

Please do you see the son has a different name from that of his GOD??........

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

yes, i can call Jesus mighty God.

I can call my belly God:

"Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)" (Philippians 3:19).

I can go ahead and call satan god:

The god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Add more ^ to your urges for multiple gods worship.

If you still need more i will give them to you.

But for me, it is only one Yahweh. QED
my question is since you can call Jesus mighty God. WHO is mighty God in isaiah 10:21.

I know you would dodge it. So i will just answer for you.

The father is also called mighty God in isaiah 10:21. So the the question now arises. Why is the father and Jesus given the same rank of Mighty God. If they are not same
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: shey u see yourself. Showed you where Jesus is called God, you say all of us are called God, showed you where Jesus is called mighty God you say God is almighty while Jesus is mighty, i showed you where The father is also mighty God. You now come up with this. What do you want again. I have do my best.

lmao and when you show that where Jesus is the alpha and omega... they will say he is an angel... lol later they will say he is just a simple man. jesus identity they change by the second. lmao.

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

this is from your own bible...
Keep this mental attitude* in YOU that was also in Christ Jesus,+ 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form,+ gave no consideration to a seizure,* namely, that he should be equal to God.

so are humans in that form? or nature? you know that the form they are talking about is same attributes the father has?

which human get ability to create a world... that is one attribute only God can have. so God is not a title like the one satan has... it is Nature of his being. simple...

Which human has the ability to forgive sins??.......

Only God can forgive sins........

Abi??......

And how does Jesus existing in Gods form make him the one God??....

Is paul telling the phillipians that Jesus is the Father??.......

Is Jesus the one God who is the Father??....

And God is a title because satan and all of us are God(s).....

Your argument wan make me tire ooo.......

God don call men God tire......

Have you been paying attention at all??......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: my question is since you can call Jesus mighty God. WHO is mighty God in isaiah 10:21.

The father is also called mighty God in isaiah 10:21. So the the question now arises. Why is the father and Jesus given the same rank of Mighty God. If they are not same

Jesus is the the holy one of israel just as the father... he is the redeemer just as the father... he is the shepherd just like the father... he is the first and last like the father... he is the alpha and omega like the father... he is the beginning and end like the father... he is also almighty like the father... need i go on?

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thoniameek: So, it's almost like jesus is an angel but to the father alone, right?.... So, i don't need to pray to him or cast out demons in his name, in fact i don't have to hold him in thesame regard as 'the father' right? ( but remember the father asked me to regard christ in thesame way i regard Him) wouldn't i be disobeying the father? But i don't get is Jesus christ not worth our worship? Because these is all sounding like he isn't worth all the honor he gets...

who says Jesus isn't worth the honour he deserves??....

Nobody is saying that...

The ish here is who is the one GOD..it is certainly not Jesus.....

Na lie??.......

And you can't equate Jesus with his Father......

They are not mates.......

The Father is the God of Jesus......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Jesus is the the holy one of israel just as the father... he is the redeemer just as the father... he is the shepherd just like the father... he is the first and last like the father... he is the alpha and omega like the father... he is the beginning and end like the father... he is also almighty like the father... need i go on?

The Father is not the beginning of Gods creation......

The Father is not a messenger of God

The Father is not the image of God..

The Father is not the glory of God...

The Father is not the son of God.....

The Father is not an apostle of God...

The Father is not Jesus Christ...

The Father is the one GOD and Jesus isn't ......

Should I go on.......

And I see you mention shepherd........

You know how many people God don call shepherd before even Christ answer that title??.....

grin

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Abi??......

Bro, if you offend me now eh, i need to forgive you first before God go forgive you, you get? Thats our ability to forgive sin( but if i no forgive you, i carry am die, na me and God get that gbege)
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Abi??......

and he says he will destroy any god that didnt create the heaven ehhhh....

abeg the bible says he is in God form: which is the nature am talking about ehhhhh...

why should i care if he is telling them that? that is not the issue here... i showed you that God is a nature not a title... if you look up the bible teaching of God... you come out with 3 definitions... On is a nature... the other 2 are titles... easy. Jesus is in Definition 1 which is having the ability to create etc. the other 2 cannot even do anything.

lol is the father the one savior who is jesus? or the one Lord who is Jesus?
the fact is God is the savior, redeemer Lord, shepherd etc. Jesus and the father are all this things... they are the One God.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: my question is since you can call Jesus mighty God. WHO is mighty God in isaiah 10:21.

Since nebuchadnezzar can be called the king of kings and Jesus too......

Who was called king of kings in revelation??......

You still have not learnt to recognize people........

You cannot go around confusing people because of titles.......

You are not a kid o........

I have opened my mouth a million times to say even human rulers have been refered to as EL GIBBOR's.......

Are they the Father because they are called by that title??.....

I give up....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thoniameek: Bro, if you offend me now eh, i need to forgive you first before God go forgive you, you get? Thats our ability to forgive sin( but if i no forgive you, i carry am die, na me and God get that gbege)

It seems you don't understand the point...

We have the authority to forgive and not to forgive the sins of people.....

This issue pass u offend me then I just forgive u........

This na serious issue my dear.....

E be like you need read this thing I dey talk from bible
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: so as you cant explain to me what i asked, then i put it to you that if lieing to the holyspirit is equal to lieing to God, then Holyspirit is God.

That is the way you lot always "put it" and arrived at three (3) gods and counting.

Keep "putting" gods for yourself.

Errm, dont forget the God at philipians 3:19, the belly God.

That will help you.

Mr many Gods
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

and he says he will destroy any god that didnt create the heaven ehhhh....

abeg the bible says he is in God form: which is the nature am talking about ehhhhh...

why should i care if he is telling them that? that is not the issue here... i showed you that God is a nature not a title... if you look up the bible teaching of God... you come out with 3 definitions... On is a nature... the other 2 are titles... easy. Jesus is in Definition 1 which is having the ability to create etc. the other 2 cannot even do anything.

lol is the father the one savior who is jesus? or the one Lord who is Jesus?
the fact is God is the savior, redeemer Lord, shepherd etc. Jesus and the father are all this things... they are the One God.

You are still asking the saviour question..benalvino do you have comprehension problems........humans have been called savior,God,redeemer,lord by God himself.........

Cheiiii........

So now you disagree that the one God is the Father alone........

Aren't you a polytheist??........

You just denied the truth straight.......

I can see that.......

Please when paul is ressurected we go tell am say him make serious mistake not to add Jesus inside the one GOD......

grin
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
@benalvino....

See another saviour and ruler here....

Maybe we should equate him with God....

I don tire for you......

Acts 7:35

35 “This is the same Moses they had rejected
with the words, ‘Who made you ruler and
judge?’ He was sent to be their ruler and
deliverer
by God himself, through the angel
who appeared to him in the bush.

Please we have another savior and ruler........

I don tire for onaaaa...

angry
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

You are still asking the saviour question..benalvino do you have comprehension problems........humans have been called savior,God,redeemer,lord by God himself.........

Cheiiii........

So now you disagree that the one God is the Father alone........

Aren't you a polytheist??........

You just denied the truth straight.......

I can see that.......

Please when paul is ressurected we go tell am say him make serious mistake not to add Jesus inside the one GOD......

grin

Dude... when Jesus have one unique thing why do you always Cook strange arguments about humans having same thing? who is the only savior the bible talks about? who is the savior of the world? we are not talking about saving 2 of my village people... we are talking about saving mankind from adam and eve till the last day.

that's your thing always find something to use to try to take Jesus glory away. soon you go say all the people who get sheep for their farm na shepherd as Jesus.

and i told you that those savior wey you they talk about still need saving from Jesus so how are they the savior?
this is not the point though.
My issue is that you keep changing Jesus identity... the other day you admit he is a false god... today he is not a false god to you.

you guys use to worship jesus... then you stopped, then you start to worship him again, then you stopped. lol that is confusion and i am seeing it here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Alfaseltzer- I Have Put On The Whole Weapon For War. Am Ready For War. / Is Jesus God? / Does Praying For The Dead Really Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.