Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (39666 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / PHOTOS: Tinubu's Daughter Crowned The New Iyaloja Of Lagos State / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

They followed their parties procedures in presenting candidates

[size=14pt]ACN has never done party primaries, WHy should it suddenly change when a Tinubu family is interested?[/size]

Waiting for a sensible take on that, You can go home and think about it to avoid embarrassing yourself as usual

Shame no dey even catch you to dey write that rubbish in bold?

Shameless sods!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

WHo is a Politician?

Is Clinton not a Lawyer is Tinubu not an accountant, Is Fashola not a Lawyer, is Ron Paul himself not a Doctor

I have told you that you lack basic common sense. Are people born to be Politicians?

So A Doctor cant contest elections again because he wasnt a Politician.

Show us the electoral process that produced previous Iyalojas to determine if the laws was changed for Tinubus daughter
I meant that they had not held any political office prior to being selected by Tinubu. fashola was in Tinubu's government, so he was already in the system. Bill Clinton was the governor of Arkansas. What's your point?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
I meant that they had not held any political office prior to being selected by Tinubu. fashola was in Tinubu's government, so he was already in the system. Bill Clinton was the governor of Arkansas. What's your point?

Must people hold a previous Political post before they can contest for an election?

Or whats your point in case you have any?

Sensible arguments have never been your forte I understand but can you show us what says People must hold political post before contesting for elections
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
Desola: Shame no dey even catch you to dey write that rubbish in bold?

Shameless sods!

Thank you ma, Hows your day going?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
Leave him let him be embarassing himself.

Were they the best from their party? If they were the best then why was primaries not conducted?
[size=23pt]@Dayokanu[/size]If selection, as Dayokanu proclaim on this thread so vociferously, actually works that easily with flagrant disregard for primaries and rule of law, Hilary Clinton would have clinched the ticket for Democrats in 2008. And, as such, we wouldn't have had President Obama. As we all know, Bill Clinton, her husband, was and still is the most influential Democrat.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Must people hold a previous Political post before they can contest for an election?

Or whats your point in case you have any?
So, people that have never held any poolitical office are now better and more experienced than people that have worked for previous government. Tufiakwa gi. it's people like you that we don't need in the country. You will see white and say that's black.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Show us the procedures for choosing previous Iyalojas the criteria for being Iyalojas and lets see if Tinubus daughter violated any of them.

Thats the intelligent thing to do, Instead of the sensationalism
So, you wouldn't answer that question?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
If selection, as you proclaim on this thread so vociferously, actually works that easily with flagrant disregard for primaries and rule of law, Hilary Clinton would have clinched the ticket for Democrats in 2008. And, as such, we wouldn't have had President Obama. As we all know, Bill Clinton, her husband, was and still is the most influential Democrat.

The Democratic party conducts Party primaries

ACN does not conduct party primaries and they have made this clear way before any of Tinubus relations contested for office

[size=14pt]Question again Why should they change it because of a Tinubu?[/size]
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
If selection, as you proclaim on this thread so vociferously, actually works that easily with flagrant disregard for primaries and rule of law, Hilary Clinton would have clinched the ticket for Democrats in 2008. And, as such, we wouldn't have had President Obama. As we all know, Bill Clinton, her husband, was and still is the most influential Democrat.
I'm for election and not selection. I think you're confusing me for Dayo.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by donchris999: 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
My brother am really surprised at Gbawe. I mean it would have been better for him to avoid this thread and still have his respect and maintain the admiration most of us have for him. With all his one-sided criticism of Gej and always calling Gej a tyrant, i was thinking he would have been objective with his views or remained silent. Trust me! I never knew Gbawe could descend to the same level with eko ole, dayokanu and demdem. Tufiakwa! If intelligent yoruba people like Gbawe can try to justifying being slaves to one man, then i will place them in the level of kwarans whom i see as unsophosticated dullards. I mean we are talking of the yoruba people. GOSH! So this tinubu daughter will start grooming her on daughter and this same people will come here and justify this bullshit. Tufiakwa!
Afam4eva:
I just couldn't believe what i was reading. I'm not even surprised at Ekoile and Dayokanu as they have always told anyone who cares to listen that they're political jobbers who get paid for how much propaganda they can pull off. I'm more surprised at Gbawe, one of the few supposedly intelligent minds on here.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
Afam4eva: So, people that have never held any poolitical office are now better and more experienced than people that have worked for previous government. Tufiakwa gi. it's people like you that we don't need in the country. You will see white and say that's black.

You are pushing the boundaries of senselessness

Can you show what makes a Lawyer, Doctor, Engineer unqualified to run for office because " He has never held any political post before"

Since you are from Anambra
What Political office did Peter Obi hold before contesting for Anambra governorship
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

The Democratic party conducts Party primaries

ACN does not conduct party primaries and they have made this clear way before any of Tinubus relations contested for office

[size=14pt]Question again Why should they change it because of a Tinubu?[/size]
Please, I would like you to show me where it was enshrined in ACN's constitution, that it is a democratic party that stands on one thing and one thing only - SELECTION
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 10:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
Desola:

Did the people of Bayelsa make a fuss over the appointment of their permanent secretary? I suppose that appointment should make no difference judging by your position here?

Bayelsa appointment was a state and official appointment while this is a private affair with zero official or constitutional bearings.

Can't you people find better and non elementary points to argue with?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 10:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
So, you wouldn't answer that question?

What question sir?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

You are pushing the boundaries of senselessness

Can you show what makes a Lawyer, Doctor, Engineer unqualified to run for office because " He has never held any political post before"

Since you are from Anambra
What Political office did Peter Obi hold before contesting for Anambra governorship
You have willingly misunderstood the guy. He meant the In Law/Remi Tinubu weren't into politics before then. The just emerged flag bearers overnight. They were not even known as active party members at ward levels
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
Please, I would like you to show me where it was enshrined in ACN's constitution, that it is a democratic party that stands on one thing and one thing only - SELECTION

The party chairman Bisi AKande said it and I posted it on this forum yesterday and you saw it

*Stepping out for now*
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
You have willingly misunderstood the guy. He meant the In Law/Remi Tinubu weren't into politics before then. The just emerged flag bearers overnight.

Do you have to e in Politics before contesting an election?

Remi and Son In law was selected just like other ACN candidates were selected.

So why should the party proven methods be changed because Tinubus family are interested?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

The party chairman Bisi AKande said it and I posted it on this forum yesterday and you saw it

*Stepping out for now*
He said it - personal opinion of Bisi Akande, perhaps.

Was it enshrined in their go-to book, the constitution?
Don't tell me you have this unbridled support for ACN without knowing what its constitution says
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by VoodooDoll(m): 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2013
Defending the indefensible.

It's better to state that "it is what it is"

The appointment/installation/selection/imposition of a market women's leader is a controversial one and this one is equally controversial. Consistency?

In the spirit of transparency:
- will the accounts of the contribution from each market woman's stall be made available for inspection?
- will market stalls be closed at will or arbitrarily for "real or imagined"?
- is there a looong line of Tinubus being lined up to replace other Tinubus?
- shall we just crown Tinubu KING of all YorubaLand now?

NONESENSE!!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

What question sir?
This one:

Let's focus on this Iyaloja thing first.

how, in your view, did a girl who was a student in London 6 years ago become the head of traders in my dear Yorubaland? Through voodooism or jagabanism?

Please, answer
You only replied with another question
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
Desola:

Oh give over! The smear follows you behind, shame you have no ability to see it! There is being a hack and being a clever hack! You cannot spin this one, dear. You have failed woefully! Flat on your face, I say!

Repeat the same rubbish a million times or as much as you want, it's still bogus till you articulate clearly why this woman should be discriminated against and denied her rights because of her fathers name. Undemocratic is sidelining next in line and qualified candidiates because of their fathers name. That's unfair and unjust, we don't even play that backward and ignorant rubbish in Yoruba land, it's not part of our history, it's not part of our make up and way of life.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

Repeat the same rubbish a million times or as much as you want, it's still bogus till you articulate clearly why this woman should be discriminated against and denied her rights because of her fathers name. Undemocratic is sidelining next in line and qualified candidiates because of their fathers name. That's unfair and unjust, we don't even play that backward and ignorant rubbish in Yoruba land, it's not part of our history, it's not part of our make up and way of life.

...and who died and made you the spokesperson for the Yoruba people? You have this air of self importance about you, don't you. Let me bring you down a peg or two. You are nothing but a political jobber, a spinmaster! That is you, that is all that you are about and no, you wouldn't know what it means to be democratic even if it slaps you in the face.

How come you haven't responded to the example I raised about patience jonathan being made the permanent secretary of bayelsa state. If Bayelsan's didn't complain about her appointment, why did hypocrites like yourself did? If it is good for the child of your oga at the top to be imposed, surely it must be good for patience, non?

Bloody hypocrite!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

*Stepping out for now*
Since you didn't provide any reference, I take it that it wasn't stated in the constitution.

If so, what does that make of ACN? A party of anything goes? Where acrobatic displays (policy flip flops) are not just allowed, but all stops are pulled out to bring about wheeling and dealing, and nepotism at the highest level?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 10:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
Desola:

How come you haven't responded to the example I raised about patience jonathan being made the permanent secretary of bayelsa state. If Bayelsan's didn't complain about her appointment, why did hypocrites like yourself did? If it is good for the child of your oga at the top to be imposed, surely it must be good for patience, non?

Bloody hypocrite!
Imagine.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 11:03pm On Jun 29, 2013
Desola:

...and who died and made you the spokesperson for the Yoruba people? You have this air of self importance about you, don't you. Let me bring you down a peg or two. You are nothing but a political jobber, a spinmaster! That is you, that is all that you are about and no, you wouldn't know what it means to be democratic even if it slaps you in the face.

Bloody hypocrite!

They don't have to make you a spokesman to know and draw from your history, values and way of life.

I answered your ridiculous Bayelsa nonsense already. Bayelsa was a state and official government position with laws and constitutional implications with state funds involved, but this is a private affair and completely the opposite of your ignorant and elementary comparison.

Why are you decending so low with these weak and shallow analogies? This I expect from backward NL villagers and not you.

Your ID got stolen or what?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 11:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

Bayelsa appointment was a state and official appointment while this is a private affair with zero official or constitutional bearings.

Can't you people find better and non elementary points to argue with?

You must think you're smart!

Very private indeed! You are so stup1d and you don't even know it! The post of the iyaloja general of Nigerian Market men and Women sounds very private indeed! An association that has a constitution? Yeah, couldn't get any private than that. Very dim you are! If at all she were even imposed as the iyaloja of Lagos state, does that not put her at the helms of affairs to dictate to other market women? In your twisted mind, it has to affect the organs of a state, in order for it to be political. Boy! You need to return to school!

Spinmaster!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

They don't have to make you a spokesman to know and draw from your history, values and way of life.

I answered your ridiculous Bayelsa nonsense already. Bayelsa was a state and official government position with laws and constitutional implications with state funds involved, but this is a private affair and completely the opposite of your ignorant and elementary comparison.

Why are you decending so low with these weak and shallow analogies? This I expect from backward NL villagers and not you.

Your ID got stolen or what?

Shut your pie hole! Wasn't it reported that your folashade was appointed according to the constitution of the market? You are not bright at all! What she holds is an official position and as long as her rule is governed by a constitution, she does hold the position in an offical capacity and so can be subject to public criticism!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
Desola:

Shut your pie hole! Wasn't it reported that your folashade was appointed according to the constitution of the market? You are not bright at all! What she holds is an official position and as long as her rule is governed by a constitution, she does hold the position in an offical capacity and so can be subject to public criticism!

he knows. Just spinning, as usual
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2013
Desola:

You must think you're smart!

Very private indeed! You are so stup1d and you don't even know it! The post of the iyaloja general of Nigerian Market men and Women sounds very private indeed! An association that has a constitution? Yeah, couldn't get any private than that. Very dim you are! If at all she were even imposed as the iyaloja of Lagos state, does that not put her at the helms of affairs to dictate to other market women? In your twisted mind, it has to affect the organs of a state, in order for it to be political. Boy! You need to return to school!

Spinmaster!

So, what is it if its not private? Is it a state or governmental organization? Are they on the taxpayers payrol like your ridiculous and ignorant Bayelsa analogy?

So, any orgernization with constitution = official state or government entity?

You've crossed the edge of idiocy and absurdity, you even sound way way worse than a 2 year old.

I wonder why you are still unable to tell us why this woman should be denied her rights and discriminated against because of her fathers name.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 11:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
he knows. Just spinning, as usual

You too ? Any association with constitution now means official state government entity?

Are you people intentionaly acting dumb and ignorant ?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
He said it - personal opinion of Bisi Akande, perhaps.

Was it enshrined in their go-to book, the constitution?
Don't tell me you have this unbridled support for ACN without knowing what its constitution says

The party chairman has come out to say within the ACN they select candidates. This was before any Tinubu family got into politics

“If election within our party is what you are trying to describe as internal democracy, then we reject such idea. Can we impose when we are contesting against PDP?

Party knows what people want

“But we can do something within our party if the leadership of the party feels that that is the best thing. This is because it is the leadership of the party that understands the manifestoes of the party and knows what the people really want.

“This is not a matter of an individual but the party. Nobody should accuse ACN of imposition because that is our style. Anyone that is not comfortable with that should go and contest in another political party. So if you see anyone carrying placard around, he is wasting his time.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/why-acn-imposes-candidates-akande/#sthash.92V16F0K.dpuf
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by abrat: 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu At May Day Celebration In Anambra State (Photos) / Lirwan Aminu Gadagau Shot Dead By Bandits In Kaduna / Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.