Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,475 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (39664 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / PHOTOS: Tinubu's Daughter Crowned The New Iyaloja Of Lagos State / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
Let's focus on this Iyaloja thing first.

how, in your view, did a girl who was a student in London 6 years ago become the head of traders in my dear Yorubaland? Through voodooism or jagabanism?

Please, answer

This girl became the Iyaloja by the ratification of the Oba of Lagos and in accordance to how previous Iyalojas were chosen
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

You too ? Any association with constitution now means official stay government entity?

Are you people intentionaly acting dumb and ignorant ?
He's desperate to derail this thread. With vitriol, of course.

I no dey do abuse cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Moves: 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
What a show of shame; until we start telling ourself plain simple truth; we would never get the nigeria we desire. Lets call a spade a spade; Tinubu being smart positioned his daughter to take over as Iyaloja; control the market women & men +nurtw in lagos and you will always win the election. Its a shame that someone like Gbawe would try to spin this or explain,you should have done what you usually do.. stay away...common guys someone went to do her study in the UK upto masters level all to become market leader ba?

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

This girl became the Iyaloja by the [size=18pt]ratification[/size] of the Oba of Lagos and in accordance to how previous Iyalojas were chosen
grin grin grin
Ratification by ramifications and complications, abi? cheesy

Getting really interesting
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
He's desperate to derail this thread. With vitriol, of course.

I no dey do abuse cheesy cheesy

Kpele mr private market association = government agency...

You people don fall hand because even our resident ignorant villagers on NL Sabi better...lmao
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:39pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
grin grin grin
Ratification by ramifications and complications, abi? cheesy

Getting really interesting

Can you show us how the selection of Tinubus daughter was different from previous Iyalojas
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 11:40pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

The party chairman has come out to say within the ACN they select candidates. This was before any Tinubu family got into politics

Was it written down. You know for a fact that the man could say he's misquoted tomorrow. I would like to see it in your party's constitution.

I am sure you don't have to swot up on this in order to post it here for all to see. And, it wont turn you to a swot either. So, you can do it; references from your constitution, PLEASE.

Please, again, answer wink
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 11:42pm On Jun 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

Kpele mr private market association = government agency...

You people don fall hand because even our resident ignorant villagers on NL Sabi better...lmao
Okay grin grin
Was she by any chance selected somewhere on Bourdillon, Ikoyi? tongue
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
If selection, as you proclaim on this thread so vociferously, actually works that easily with flagrant disregard for primaries and rule of law, Hilary Clinton would have clinched the ticket for Democrats in 2008. And, as such, we wouldn't have had President Obama. As we all know, Bill Clinton, her husband, was and still is the most influential Democrat.

There are two separate issues here that have now been conflated, in my opinion:

(1) Allegations of nepotism
(2) ACN's refusal to guided by primaries in the selection of its electoral candidates

On the first issue, it is fair say most commentators on this thread actually take a pejorative view.
The reason for this is quite simple; no amount of spin from the opposing side of the divide can dampen what independent observers consider an assault on their senses, especially given the unequivocal denials issued by party apparatchiks just a few days earlier. If Tinubu does not curtail his political overreach soon, history will judge him accordingly.

Moving on, can we afford to be equally dismissive of ACN's selection process, within a context of cash-and-carry politics which often make primaries superfluous? Is this particular tradition really incompatible with democracy, when both the Conservative and Labour party in Britain which have been in existence for more than 100 years - Miliband backs US-style primaries - still uphold it?

How do we ensure a greater inclusion of women or even those drawn from linguistic minorities, in mainstream politics, if there is no absolutely room for some element of selection?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
Was it written down. You know for a fact that the man could say he's misquoted tomorrow. I would like to see it in your party's constitution.

I am sure you don't have to swot up on this in order to post it here for all to see. And, it wont turn you to a swot either. So, you can do it; references from your constitution, PLEASE.

I have never seen the constitution of any Political party before whether in Nigera or elsewhere

I read what the Chairman of the party said openly and no one from the party has come out to challenge him that it was against the Party tenet.

So why would you think its against the Party constitution, In case you think its against the party constitution, then the onus is on you to prove it.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Can you show us how the selection of Tinubus daughter was different from previous Iyalojas
No precedence in the sense that no Iyaloja ever handed headship of Market Association to her grand daughter after a spurious decision/selection process by the Oba of Lagos Tinubu. Get it?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

I have never seen the constitution of any Political party before whether in Nigera or elsewhere

I read what the Chairman of the party said openly and no one from the party has come out to challenge him that it was against the Party tenet.

So why would you think its against the Party constitution, In case you think its against the party constitution, then the onus is on you to prove it.
It's against it because it wasn't written in your go-to book. So, any claim to the contrary is not just spurious but sinister.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
Okay grin grin
Was she by any chance selected somewhere on Bourdillon, Ikoyi? tongue

Does it matter where she was elected or does it change the fact that this is a private orgernizatio or does it mean the folks involved picked her because she wasn't next in line and not her turn or the folks involved are not happy with their decision?

Why exactly is your point?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

(2) ACN's refusal to guided by primaries in the selection of its electoral candidates

On the first issue, it is fair say most commentators on this thread actually take a pejorative view.
The reason for this is quite simple; no amount of spin from the opposing side of the divide can dampen what independent observers consider an assault on their senses, especially given the unequivocal denials issued by party apparatchiks just a few days earlier. If Tinubu does not curtail his political overreach soon, history will not judge him accordingly.

On this first issue, If someone had told you of the Bush family story, Great grand father senator, Grand father President, Uncle President, Father governor, Uncle Governor and the son holding another political Post In the biggest democracy in the world,

The Kennedy's, Clintons or the Ghandis

The average person would ask "Shey na only them"? But the key question is are they violating any law

Being a Tinubu should deny them of their rights to vote and be voted for just like every one

Or their right to accept appointments just like you and I
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The reason for this is quite simple; no amount of spin from the opposing side of the divide can dampen what independent observers consider an assault on their senses, especially given the unequivocal denials issued by party apparatchiks just a few days earlier. If Tinubu does not curtail his political overreach soon, history will judge him accordingly.

M[b]oving on, can we afford to be equally dismissive of ACN's selection process, within a context of cash-and-carry politics which often make primaries superfluous? Is this particular tradition really incompatible with democracy, when both the Conservative and Labour party in Britain which have been in existence for more than 100 years - Miliband backs US-style primaries - still uphold it?

How do we ensure a greater inclusion of women or even those drawn from linguistic minorities, in mainstream politics, if there is no absolutely room for some element of selection?[/b]
This is different, if you ask me. Politics of inclusiveness is different from apparent nepotism, sir
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
It's against it because it wasn't written in your go-to book. So, any claim to the contrary is not just spurious but sinister.

SHow us the content of the go to book which they flouted

Any of the previous aspirants not selected would have pointed this out.

So Ola show us the constitution of the ACN that says selection is illegal
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

On this first issue, If someone had told you of the Bush family story, Great grand father senator, Grand father President, Uncle President, Father governor, Uncle Governor and the son holding another political Post In the biggest democracy in the world,

The Kennedy's, Clintons or the Ghandis

The average person would ask "Shey na only them"? But the key question is are they violating any law

Being a Tinubu should deny them of their rights to vote and be voted for just like every one

Or their right to accept appointments just like you and I

No, they are not violating any law.

Then again, not every American is "happy as Larry" about it either grin
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 11:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

SHow us the content of the go to book which they flouted

Any of the previous aspirants not selected would have pointed this out.

So Ola show us the constitution of the ACN that says selection is illegal
What if I manage to show it's not in your constitution?

Do you henceforth promise to accept it's spurious then?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

There is nothing in the world where "Everyone" would be happy about even "hands free w@nk" would make some ppl complain cheesy

The majority that keep voting them into power obviously don't think much of it
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 11:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Moving on, can we afford to be equally dismissive of ACN's selection process, within a context of cash-and-carry politics which often make primaries superfluous? Is this particular tradition really incompatible with democracy, when both the Conservative and Labour party in Britain which have been in existence for more than 100 years - Miliband backs US-style primaries - still uphold it?

How do we ensure a greater inclusion of women or even those drawn from linguistic minorities, in mainstream politics, if there is no absolutely room for some element of selection?
By the way, the link you posted is not loading, at all. I have tried to open it 4 times
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ola one:
What if I manage to show it's not in your constitution?

Do you henceforth promise to accept it's spurious then?

If its not in the ACN constitution then the other ACN candidates should challenge them to court for violating their constitution

As for me, I am okay with the products of the ACN selections I have seen thus far as against the party primaries candidate
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 30, 2013
Ola one:
This is different, if you ask me. Politics of inclusiveness is different from apparent nepotism, sir

I am not defending nepotism. I abhor it.
My interjection here was merely to situate ACN selection's process within an appropriate context.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 30, 2013
Ola one:
By the way, the link you posted is not loading, at all. I have tried to open it 4 times

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8188896.stm

As you would note from the excerpt copied in below, even the conservative party only experimented with primaries for the first time in 2009.

Conservative Party (UK) parliamentary primaries, 2009
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 2009, the UK Conservative Party experimented with the use of open primaries to select its parliamentary candidates.
Totnes[edit]

Main article: Totnes Conservative primary, 2009
Totnes was the first constituency to use an open primary to select the Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate. The election was held in August 2009 and saw a turnout of approximately 25%. Due to the success of this primary election, David Cameron announced that the system would be applied to other constituencies in future.[1] Dr Sarah Wollaston, a general practitioner, was selected with 48% of the vote.[2] Wollaston went on to be elected MP for Totnes at the 2010 general election.

Source: wikipedia
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 12:01am On Jun 30, 2013
dayokanu:

There is nothing in the world where "Everyone" would be happy about even "hands free w@nk" would make some ppl complain cheesy

The majority that keep voting them into power obviously don't think much of it
They have always gone through the rigours of primaries like the average Joe out there
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 12:07am On Jun 30, 2013
dayokanu:

If its not in the ACN constitution then the other ACN candidates should challenge them to court for violating their constitution

As for me, I am okay with the products of the ACN selections I have seen thus far as against the party primaries candidate
So, even if they refuse to challenge this arbitrariness for whatever reasons they might have, does that mean the 'importation' of this alien principle which has become so firm, lasting and enduring among ACN Commandoes, not ultra vires and without any studious platform in any democratic horizon?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 12:07am On Jun 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

And what are you not happy about here? The fact that she was accorded her due rights as next in line for the position or the fact that the stakeholders are not happy with their unanimous decision?

Sounds like you prefer an unjust situation where this woman is denied and passed over as the next person in line because of her fathers name. Is this what you call fair and democratic?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 12:10am On Jun 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

As you would note from the excerpt copied in below, even the conservative party only experimented with primaries for the first time in 2009.

It doesn't really have to be an open primaries - US-type. Even the Labour Party of Britain doesn't have an open primaries
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 30, 2013
Eko Ile:

And what are you not happy about hear? The fact that she was accorded her due rights as next in line for the position or the fact that the stakeholders are not happy with their unanimous decision?

Sounds like you prefer an unjust situation where this woman is denied and passed over as the next person in line because of her fathers name. Is this what you call fair and democratic?

To be honest, my gripe goes beyond this particular appointment.
For brevity, let's just say I take a dim view of other acts of nepotism which are easily ascribable to Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 30, 2013
Ola one:
It doesn't really have to be an open primaries - US-type. Even the Labour Party doesn't have an open primaries

OK, noted.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 12:17am On Jun 30, 2013
[quote author=eGuerrilla]

from bbc

The Conservatives had opened up selection meetings to non-members before, but this time had gone a step further and sent all 69,000 Totnes voters a postal ballot.

In a traditional selection meeting only a few hundred party members will vote.
From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8188896.stm
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 12:20am On Jun 30, 2013
Eko Ile:

And what are you not happy about here? The fact that she was accorded her due rights as next in line for the position or the fact that the stakeholders are not happy with their unanimous decision?

Stop ranting, Babapupa cheesy
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 12:23am On Jun 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

To be honest, my gripe goes beyond this particular appointment.
For brevity, let's just say I take a dim view of other acts of nepotism which are easily ascribable to Tinubu.

Your own personal opinions and views regarding specific acts of nepotism would have sufficed instead of other people's baseless views and assertions...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

"Andrew Yakubu Had 4 Safes Not 1", Whistleblower Insists / Governor Fayose Reacts To The Release Of Dapchi Schoolgirls / Wike Commissions Port-Harcourt Gardens Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.