Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha (45616 Views)

Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Homeless In America, Whose Fault Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Abagworo(m): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2013
I'm in support of Fashola. Igbos need to stop investing outside Igboland and come back home. Most rich Yorubas in Port Harcourt refuse to buy land or use Port Harcourt as their head office even though they make more money here. You can't be investing all your life earnings in other parts of Nigeria and at the same time calling for Biafra. We need to retrace our steps.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Oh please shut your mouth with your 'societal values' and shi/t! The Nigerian constitution -which last i checked was the supreme document in which our 'values' as a nation are enshrined- entitles ALL Nigerians to live and work in any part of the country; if perchance your Fashola caught any criminal minded non-yorubas, he should allow the law to take its proper course and not take said law into his own hands by acting like a little hitler on a mission to ethnically cleanse 'your land' of what you'd term subhumans!

..thats what Fashola has done sir; he allowed the law to take its course. The law enforcers were the ones that executed the eviction.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Burger01(m): 9:47am On Jul 25, 2013
Ola Johnson:
If Igbo people generate money for the Lagos State Government in Ladipo and Alaba they can still set up such markets in the South East while people from other parts of the country, and Lagos in particular, go there to buy goods.

EOD. Nobody asked them to come down to Lagos for such ventures. If truly they are the sons and daughters of their lands they should all invest and keep their vices in SE.. Eko can do better without them. They are just the negligible factors in the success of Lagos State.

grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by cupid4ig(m): 9:47am On Jul 25, 2013
This @texas.cowleg abi cowgirl is really trying to be relevant on niaraland but the fact still remains she is a cowleg ezi bida
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 25, 2013
ilugunboy:

Obviously you are too dumb to see that the joke on the post you quoted is on you.... grin grin

I aint gat time for you because even quoting you is a waste of time and resources and by quoting you i just wasted a little resources, finally you need to visit yaba left because even your name defines madness.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Niyinficient(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2013
next excel: I am from enugu but i hate boasting or noise trully my igbo brothers are making mistake,if ur trully hurt my all this tretment on the igbos take a step to address it,now ethiopain airline has included enugu in their in ternational flight (visit their site they will start with ten cities on august 29)start by patronising them no matter how cheap ar expensive it is and try move ur head office to the east and gradually all this will stope,i dont respond youruba ppls cus i now they are not worth being compard with us in any feild of life.
Am very disappointed at everyone here, d old fools we called leaders are mortgaging our future and we are here fight ourselves!!! Obvious there is no point fighting! How could say Yoruba pple can't be compared with Igbo pple in any field? How? Let me tell u, no tribe is bigger than d oda!!! We know of the hospitality and accomodating nature of the yorubas and the creativity of the Igbos, we mix dis things together and we become a great nation! We are suppose to be youths of excellence that will exalt d nation! Igbos have their flaws so are d yorubas and other tribes! Its not abt d tribe, its about d personality! Its abt d individual, d same wey u av dubious yoruba pple u av more dubious igbo or hausa or edo or delta person!!!!
Haha!!! I thought we have reasonable, educated, rational and logical persons here on Nairaland!!! Abeg let's leave dis trending tribal thread, its appalling!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by coastalqueen: 9:49am On Jul 25, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

How did the oil get there?
How did the oil get there ke? you must be an uneducated slowpoke
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2013
gibson81: Ndigbo are Nation builders. Whatever developments that the west are boasting of are the hard works of Igbos. Its only an Igbo man that goes to a place and make it a home. Try and own properties, no other tribe does that. Though i pity them because, they have been a fool all these while. When they refuse to listen to the elders, instead of doing like other tribes, they are busy developing other states rather than their own states. Late Great Odimegwu Ojukwu criticise the Igbos when they called him to come and open ASPANDA market. Now his fears are playing out. A LAZY YORUBA goat threatening the Igbos with their Houses in Lagos. Has any Yoruba idiot raised a block at the East? NO! They cant even afford land in any part of East> Morons are here talking.
Since you guys are ''nation builders'' you guys should develpo your eastern states an stop being parasites to the west.
Igbos can build houses in the west as opposed to the Igbos because all Yorubas care about at the end of the day is business and not tribe.
And no Yoruba is going to raise ''a block'' at the east because we are two different people with different levels of tolerance.
Personally I wont advise a brother to do anything in the east.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Burger01(m): 9:51am On Jul 25, 2013
next excel: I am from enugu but i hate boasting or noise trully my igbo brothers are making mistake,if ur trully hurt my all this tretment on the igbos take a step to address it,now ethiopain airline has included enugu in their in ternational flight (visit their site they will start with ten cities on august 29)start by patronising them no matter how cheap ar expensive it is and try move ur head office to the east and gradually all this will stope,i dont respond youruba ppls cus i now they are not worth being compard with us in any feild of life.

Yeesh!! Sorry bro. I know it hurts.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 25, 2013
solomon111: Igbos are a menance to your society?
Na God go punish you.
Do you know how many yorubas are arrested daily for kidnapping,robbery,murder and other vices in other parts of the country?
Get ready for full scale retaliation.
you need to go to an asylum ASAP!
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by collynzo2(m): 9:52am On Jul 25, 2013
dozzybaba: The salient question is- how many of the beggars are Igbo?, The Ebonyi guy is a trader.

In sept last year fash also did the same thing deporting even his fellow yoruba and hausa to onitsha. grin
For those Yoruba taunting Igbos...calm down...Some few years ago he deported 120 yoruba beggars to Ibadan. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/260272/re-lagos-deports-beggars-ibadan

Fash keep it up...as long you send them to their states of origin. No yawa. Onitsha is not a dumping ground. Stop being afraid of the Northerners pick them and dump them in Zamfara, I wonder if the driver will come back alive grin

LMAO @ bolded
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by IGBOSON1: 9:52am On Jul 25, 2013
Abagworo: I'm in support of Fashola. Igbos need to stop investing outside Igboland and come back home. Most rich Yorubas in Port Harcourt refuse to buy land or use Port Harcourt as their head office even though they make more money here. You can't be investing all your life earnings in other parts of Nigeria and at the same time calling for Biafra. We need to retrace our steps.

^^^That's the only thing good about this reprehensible action......it'd make some gullible brethren have a rethink, and show others getting too comfortable in this country just what they're up against!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 25, 2013
9ja_i_hail2:

If you can't afford to provide answer to the question, it means you are not qualified to be her spokes person. Meanwhile i am done exchanging words with you. I don't want to be reduced to sonyika level a.k.a Mad Professor who derives joy in exchanging words with market women.

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I was not answering her question and never intended to do that.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by IGBOSON1: 9:54am On Jul 25, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

..thats what Fashola has done sir; he allowed the law to take its course. The law enforcers were the ones that executed the eviction.

^^^So what were the crimes of those 'deported'?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by simpleseyi: 9:54am On Jul 25, 2013

Your five line sentence is separated by comas meaning that you don't know when and where to end a sentence and start another. Each phrase of your sentence has so many wrong spellings and incorrect grammar. You cannot even make a simple correct sentence. Is this the type of people that wants to develop the Biafra? I doubt it. You all claim Yorubas are tribalist, yet Mazi Ben Akabueze is the Commissioner for Budget and planning in Lagos. Joe Ogbokwe is the ACN publicity secretary in Lagos. Please can you give examples of Yorubas holding political positions in Biafra region? We don't want destitutes in Lagos! Pure and Simple! Even some Yoruba destitutes were deported to their respective Odua states last year.

Summary; Stay in your region and develop it. This fraud called Nigeria will break up sooner or later.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by emiye(m): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2013
I think those deported are those who refused to learn a skill.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by freecocoa(f): 9:56am On Jul 25, 2013
And some people still talk about one Nigeria, oh well!

We can all clearly see that there's nothing like unity in this country. Its really appalling that a supposed learned governor would shamelessly violate the Nigerian constitution and human right.

Shame to Fashola, useless bigot.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by omar22(m): 9:56am On Jul 25, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^So what were the crimes of those 'deported'?

No residential Permit!!! Working without a working Visa!! cheesy
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2013

This action is unconstitutional according to section 4 point 41:

41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or any part thereof
I read through several pages of this thread, and not once did any of these oily pigs renowned for their dirtiness and hypocrisy ADDRESS the LEGALITY of the action of their disgusting governor. Yet, these same bàstards were the ones running their smelly mouths about how GEJ violated democratic principles in dealing with the Amaechi issue in Rivers State, including their filthy, senile, discredited old fool of an ignoble laureate. Would Soyinka and other loud-mouthed Yoruba 'activists' question the unconstitutional and provocative action of this governor? ? ?

The double-standard and hypocrisy of these oily pigs is too much to bear. If not that one has too many friends and associates from that accursed ethnic group, one would have wished ethnic cleansing and genocide of the severest type on them.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by ATMCARD2(m): 9:57am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=Eko Atlantic][/quote].Dats y i c Fashola as useless n hopeless fada who doesn't kw his bearing.2day filin a case against Jang,2mrw withdrwn d case,dumpin of Igbos,2mrw denied d act.Must Fashola show,their Western illitracy lik Mad Old Professor(MOP)...Soyinka d Cultist dat graduated wit PASS.Ndi ofe mmanu.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2013
solomon111: stop deceiving yourself,woman.
Aside from lagos,the rest of the SW is like a relic when compared to other parts of the south and even some parts of the North.
The reason most non-indigenes are even in lagos is for commercial/economic reasons.
So are you trying to say the markets looked unkempt? dont derail the argument, please.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by coastalqueen: 9:58am On Jul 25, 2013
solomon111: stop deceiving yourself,woman.
Aside from lagos,the rest of the SW is like a relic when compared to other parts of the south and even some parts of the North.
The reason most non-indigenes are even in lagos is for commercial/economic reasons.
As in ehn, i stepped into ekiti for my youth service and I felt like i had suddenly gone back to the 18th century(chineke meeeeeeeeeee!) see houses(mud piles). chei! I then understood why they overhype lagos. Later they will ask you why you build houses in the east( mind you any thing an Ibo man has here in the SW know he has times 2 in his village). All you yorubas hating, go and develop your villages. the day Hurricane atlantic oceania will swallow lagos, we will see it coming and run back to our mansions in the east. where will you guys run to ehn kwa? grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2013
Abagworo: I'm in support of Fashola. Igbos need to stop investing outside Igboland and come back home. Most rich Yorubas in Port Harcourt refuse to buy land or use Port Harcourt as their head office even though they make more money here. You can't be investing all your life earnings in other parts of Nigeria and at the same time calling for Biafra. We need to retrace our steps.
true. *case closed*
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by zuchyblink(m): 9:59am On Jul 25, 2013
babe_online:
relly?...well the oil very soon will no longer be useful...lets see if the Westsiders will be able or unable to do without the evil oil in the other parts of NG...and FYI oil has been discovered in the west. Choke on that. tongue
that lagos was developed with oil money,minus oil from lagos;lagos is dead.for the oil u are talking about that is POLITICAl OIL and real black gold.lagos cannot maintain infrastructure without oil money.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by zuchyblink(m): 10:00am On Jul 25, 2013
babe_online:
relly?...well the oil very soon will no longer be useful...lets see if the Westsiders will be able or unable to do without the evil oil in the other parts of NG...and FYI oil has been discovered in the west. Choke on that. tongue
that lagos was developed with oil money,minus oil from lagos;lagos is dead.for the oil u are talking about that is POLITICAl OIL and not real black gold.lagos cannot maintain infrastructure without oil money.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Abagworo(m): 10:00am On Jul 25, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^That's the only thing good about this reprehensible action......it'd make some gullible brethren have a rethink, and show others getting too comfortable in this country just what they're up against!

Igbos feel too comfortable investing outside Igboland and that is one of the reasons their host communities detest them. Other Nigerians are so mindful on how they invest their earnings that you wouldn't even know they own a lot in their hometowns. A typical Yoruba millionaire from Osun based in Port harcourt has one house in Port Harcourt, 1 house in Lagos and 8 houses in Osun while a typical Igbo millionaire in Lagos owns 9 houses in Lagos and one seasonally used duplex in his village.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by DuduNegro: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2013
solomon111: you are joint-owners of which oil?
The oil on your fore-fathers land?
Go and tell that to the militants.

....at the end of the day militancy on oil lands will be eradicated. Their amnesty will be revoked and their criminality will be properly prosecuted. A value system in which criminals negotiate a buy-out with a constitutional government is not a society Yoruba endorse. We shall bring about a proper order and teach civilization to you.

We refuse to accept your self imposed lordship over a resource that is jointly owned.and to which every land on the bank of upper Niger was a donor, and actively contributed its share of carbon sediments to the cumulative deposits in the Delta.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by logica(m): 10:02am On Jul 25, 2013
freecocoa:
We can all clearly see that there's nothing like unity in this country. Its really appalling that a supposed learned governor would shamelessly violate the Nigerian constitution and human right.

Shame to Fashola, useless bigot.
And you actually think that Fashola being a lawyer would be dumb enough not to check the legality of his actions before carrying them out? Why do you think nobody has gone to bring in public defenders to file class action lawsuit against Lagos State?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by zuchyblink(m): 10:02am On Jul 25, 2013
babe_online:
that lagos was developed with oil money,minus oil from lagos;lagos is dead.for the oil u are talking about that is POLITICAl OIL and not real black gold.lagos cannot maintain infrastructure without oil money.
Oil Nigeria!
Long live Nigeria! Na because of oil
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2013
Let me say this that am beginning to buy into the statement that YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN NIGERIA when everyone should be condemning an action that is against our Constitution yet you see the yoruobas rejoicing and tomorrow they will call themselves Progressives and claim to be the most honest people on earth, now tell me what is honesty about going against section 42 subsection 1 of the Nigeria constitution of which every one of elected officials including Fashola swore to protect and i quote?

Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.

Our yoruoba brothers/sisters on NL should please change their way because its not really worth it, they are too tribalistic and many of them forming Lagosians are even from one village in ogun or osun state that has no road. No Governor has the right to deport any Nigerian be it yorouba, hausa or igbos from their state and we shall not retaliate but i expect fashola to also deny this action if obi confronts him. When T.A orji removed non abia indigines from Abia Service no single person sided with him, yes some northerners and yourobas was affected but even in Abia people were angry but had it been Fashola i swear you will see people supporting him because he is yoruba.

IF this is how we will live as Nigerians then the change we talk about is just a lip-service.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by simpleseyi: 10:03am On Jul 25, 2013
TRY AND DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR YOUR PEOPLE SO THAT BIAFRA WILL BE UNITED AND STOP RUNNING TO "DEVELOP" AND POLUTE OTHER REGIONS.

IBADAN — Governor Olusegun Mimiko, of Ondo State, yesterday, boycotted the commissioning of the office of Development Agenda for Western Nigeria Commission which other governors in the South West zone attended.

Governors Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Raji Fashola (Lagos), and Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) attended the meeting.

The Director General, Dawn Commission, Dipo Famakinwa, said all the governors were invited, saying that he could not say what prevented Mimiko from attending.

Governor Ajimobi said “all the governors in the South-West belong to the council of the Development Agenda for Western Nigeria, DAWN Commission.

“All the governors were invited, but you can’t really say why a particular governor was absent. “Some of those who came must have made a lot of sacrifices. We expect that the Ondo State governor would be at the next meeting slated for August.

“I don’t want us to look at it as a Yoruba thing, but as a development taking place in the western part of Nigeria because we need the strength of everybody. The development of our states is not going to be by the Yoruba alone.”

While speaking after a brief closed door meeting, Ajimobi said: ”What we have done today is first of all the inauguration of the Dawn Commission office. We are having sub-committees that will go deeper into all the areas of development.

“In the end, our objective is to turn our region to a hub for development in terms of being the first area of call for investors visiting Nigeria.

“Primarily, the Yoruba people inhabit the place called western Nigeria, but we are trying to annex the strength and capability of everybody, including foreign investors to enjoy the development framework that we put together.

“Also, we want to build regional cooperation in cultural development, education, health, rail transportation, governance and institution, security and all facets of development that are critical to the region.”

The Director General, DAWN Commission, Dipo Famakinwa, said: “What the governors have done today is to inaugurate the Dawn Commission which will midwife the process of ensuring that the regional integration agenda of the South-West states begins to get attraction.

“You will begin to see a lot more activities on the regional integration agenda. The governors have made a formal declaration on the commencement of the process of integration. We will now begin to see development along the line.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/mimiko-absent-as-s-west-govs-converge-in-ibadan/
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by emiye(m): 10:04am On Jul 25, 2013
From Naptu's post yesterday, which i have quoted below, it is very likely those deported were destitutes who refused to learn a skill but want to remain as beggars, although none of those deported will ever accept that is the case when questioned, one even claim to own a shop, which i am almost certain is a lie

3) Beggars, street traders, destitutes, area boys, psychotics, etc are arrested by the Task Force on Environmental Offences.

4) They are given a choice: (a) go to prison (b) go to rehabilitation centre (c) return to your state of origin.

A) The law stipulates punishment for those who commit these offences. They include prison term, fine, forfeiture of goods.

B) Rehabilitation centres were set up (the most famous/infamous was at Ita-Oko Island). At the centres the inmates are sorted. They are tested for drugs. Those who are drug addicts are detoxified. Those who have mental illnesses are sent to the asylum. The inmates (apart from the lunatics) are then taught skills (skills acquisition centre) so that they'll be able to earn a living. When they complete the course, they are given a loan with which they will start a business and made to sign an undertaking that they will not return to the streets.

C) Return: Those who choose to return are transported to their state of origin. The state government is usually informed ahead of time (although I know of 3 instances in which their state governments claimed that they were not informed) so that they can make arrangements to cater for the people. Most of the people who have chosen to return are from the northern part of the country (note: they chose to return).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

Precious Chikwendu Fani-Kayode Welcomes Triplets, All Boys - Ragnar, Aiden, Liam / Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? / Atiku Wins 18 Lgas, Garners 366, 592 Votes In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.