Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha (45615 Views)

Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Homeless In America, Whose Fault Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by chino11(m): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=Abagworo]

I think you need to develop your sense of reasoning a little bit. After reading the full news, I believe most of the people are insane or mad people from various parts of the country. I think Fashola got it wrong as there should be a psychiatric centre in Lagos.[quote

Which sense of reasoning are you talking about? Is it now right to deport people within there own country? Atimes you need to come out of shallow thinking method. I know all these your immature attitude is because you want to justify okorosha clownish romance with ndi ofe..

My friend grow up biko..
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by solomon111(m): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2013
omar22:

Who is a Tyrant Fashola or Goodluck? (a.k.a Retardinho de Souza De Lima)
If GEJ is a tyrant then you've no idea what tyranny means.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Kx: 10:26am On Jul 25, 2013
Little wonder why Europeans, Americans,Kenyans etc repatriate our brothers and sisters to Lagos at the drop of a hat.

If we can be wicked to ourselves like this in our own country, on what ground do we complain when westernans do same to us?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by remarkD(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2013
If you don't mind that I answer... I am sure he knows (or can find out) what the law is.... but he has gotten away with it before and is probably why he has done it again.

I recall that he actually denied it last time, saying he knew nothing about it.
He couldn't even man up to accept and take responsibility for his actions as the head of the LASG.

Do you know it was Anambra that took those non-Anambara indigenes and took care of them as far as I know... even some Yoruba destitutes... why would he send a whole buncha destittues to a state not theris?

[left
logica: And you actually think that Fashola being a lawyer would be dumb enough not to check the legality of his actions before carrying them out? Why do you think nobody has gone to bring in public defenders to file class action lawsuit against Lagos State?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Niyinficient(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2013
chino11: Where is the clown okorosha when his clueless ideas are needed? Afterwards the destitutes shipped to the east are mainly from his imo state.
Here was the same fool who claim that APC will give Igbos presidency. Now they are shipping hardworking igbos out for no just cause. People that are aligning with yurubas should go and read Achebe's latest book 'THERE WAS A COUNTRY'.

The likes of okorosha should be lynched for not heeding the fatherly advice of the greatest African influential icon and father of modern African literature- Achebe. The resultant effect is imprison, maiming and deporting Igbos mainly members of future generation, within there own country where they sacrificed over 2million people to opt out from.

That book is a book that will transcend many many generations to come for our great great great grand children to have idea of people that they are sharing same country with. That is if Nigeria remains one afterwards.
In as much as I love Achebe even as a yoruba, dat book is not wat illogical pple like use shud base ur tribalistic actions on! Dat book is Achebe personal view of the civil war and for sure! It has some tribal and ethnic bias!!! Let's learn to live as Nigerians not as a yoruba, igbo or hausa person! I thought nairaland rules forbid dis kind of post and thread! Osewa pls remove dis post!!!
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 25, 2013
gboss4sure: Let me say this that am beginning to buy into the statement that YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN NIGERIA when everyone should be condemning an action that is against our Constitution yet you see the yoruobas rejoicing and tomorrow they will call themselves Progressives and claim to be the most honest people on earth, now tell me what is honesty about going against section 42 subsection 1 of the Nigeria constitution of which every one of elected officials including Fashola swore to protect and i quote?

Our yoruoba brothers/sisters on NL should please change their way because its not really worth it, they are too tribalistic and many of them forming Lagosians are even from one village in ogun or osun state that has no road. No Governor has the right to deport any Nigerian be it yorouba, hausa or igbos from their state and we shall not retaliate but i expect fashola to also deny this action if obi confronts him. When T.A orji removed non abia indigines from Abia Service no single person sided with him, yes some northerners and yourobas was affected but even in Abia people were angry but had it been Fashola i swear you will see people supporting him because he is yoruba.

IF this is how we will live as Nigerians then the change we talk about is just a lip-service.
All you've said is true whenever you change the name/word Yoruba into IGBO.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Liverpoolfc(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2013
Burger01:

EOD. Nobody asked them to come down to Lagos for such ventures. If truly they are the sons and daughters of their lands they should all invest and keep their vices in SE.. Eko can do better without them. They are just the negligible factors in the success of Lagos State.

grin
Each time i read comments like this, it gives me heartache and right now, there are tears coming from my eyes. Is this Nigeria? Are we Nigerians?we that claim to be from a particular region, what meaningful contribution hv you made to the success of your claimed region? I am neither onye ibo nor omon yoruba. You can never under rate the contribution of ibo to any state. Pls apologise to the ibo for saying that their contribution is negligible to lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by solomon111(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2013
logica: Trust me, your FATHER is an illiterate. If your entire lineage come for teaching, I will try and educate you all.
why am i not surprised.
You are a product of awo forced education.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by logica(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2013
remark D: If you don't mind that I answer... I am sure he knows (or can find out) what the law is.... but he has gotten away with it before and is probably why he has done it again.

I recall that he actually denied it last time, saying he knew nothing about it.
He couldn't even man up to accept and take responsibility for his actions as the head of the LASG.

Do you know it was Anambra that took those non-Anambara indigenes and took care of them as far as I know... even some Yoruba destitutes... why would he send a whole buncha destittues to a state not theris?

[left
Is it so difficult to prove that he did it?

Let me hint you: the legality of his actions are hinged on the same colonial laws that still remain in our statutes and that allow the Nigerian Police Force to arrest people for "wandering". Once we are ready to be a serious nation, we need to start digging into our statutes and repudiating the obnoxious laws.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by logica(m): 10:30am On Jul 25, 2013
solomon111: why am i not surprised.
You are a product of awo forced education.
Yes indeed you should be very surprised that your FATHER cannot read and write. Send him over for education; and when he's done, I will personally see to it he is deported to the same bush where you are typing gibberish from.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by omar22(m): 10:30am On Jul 25, 2013
solomon111: If GEJ is a tyrant then you've no idea what tyranny means.

I know what Tyranny means, your not in the position to educate me, I asked you a question, all you did was to flip the script.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by freecocoa(f): 10:32am On Jul 25, 2013
logica: Eh, see this one. Why do you think the Nigeria Police can pick you up and lock you up for "wandering" if you do have freedom of movement? Go ask them first, then if they can't answer you satisfactorily, come back again to ask me.
You obviously don't have anything but saw dust in your brain box.

You are using the Nigerian police as an example in your argument? Sorry for you.

Btw I didn't know the police arrests an indigene of Lagos and deport him to Zamfara for "wandering", mscheew.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by chino11(m): 10:32am On Jul 25, 2013
Onlytruth:

Abagworo honestly your logic is upside down again as always. This is the point Chino11 keeps making about you, and I see it, just that I try to take it easy with you because of sane brothers from Imo state.

Did you see any Igbo condemning this and calling for Biafra on this thread? Aren't those calling for Biafra sharing your views that it serves Ndigbo right? Did you see any of them say they want to keep Lagos and still want to secede?
Isn't this a figment of your imagination as usual?
Why are you so cowardly that you can NEVER stand up against injustice meted out against Ndigbo by Yoruba people?
What are you afraid of BTW? Is your native doctor from Ijebu or what.
Nwanne onye mere gi ihe a?
Tufiakwa!

I told you that I am a far more convinced one Nigerianist than you can ever be because I understand it and gain from it more than you. cool
Now you are calling for Umu Igbo to stop investing in other parts of Nigeria. Which kain one Nigerianist are you?
You condemn people for living in their own country and hustling in it.
Tomorrow when they start kidnapping you, you run to Port Harcourt.
Are you from Rivers state? Why do you live there?

As from today, you must stop mentioning Anambra state with your cowardly mouth.

Good a thing you are now observing what I have always shouted about this divisible character called abagworo worthy of banishing to the evil forest..

The guy is something else, I have always pointed it out. Let me give another side to it, if those people deported were to be Anambrans, his of side argument will now be why are this people always going to lagos..

Presently his only basis of supporting everything yuruba is because his clueless master okorosha has pitched his tent with this yuruba party. But I assure all of them this is a tip of the ice-berg.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by solomon111(m): 10:33am On Jul 25, 2013
babe_online:
the oil is reducing its value rapidly.
Tha is why the value of the Nigerian money has decreased more.
Look at this one talking about price of oil.
She dosen't know that what it takes for the price of oil to shoot up is for one major oil producing country to have an unrest.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by 9jaihail2: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2013
logica: And you actually think that Fashola being a lawyer would be dumb enough not to check the legality of his actions before carrying them out? Why do you think nobody has gone to bring in public defenders to file class action lawsuit against Lagos State?

Same way he checked the legality of his actions before going to court to challenge jang faction of NGF. Now who is asking for case to be withdraw. Do i need to tell you that fash is a failed SAN?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by logica(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2013
freecocoa: You obviously don't have anything but saw dust in your brain box.
And what you do have in yours, donkey? See, I was even trying to be civil with you. You are too stup!d to see when you are being thrown a lifeline. Dumbo.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by viewlekan: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2013
First of all I have to say Igbo Kwenu to my Ndigbo Brothers- I salute you! I have gone through the thread and I simply couldn't miss the extent to which you guys are murdering the English Language and its not a one off- it is a reoccurring theme with 99% of Igbo posters on here. My suggestion will be- can you guys come together and turn this shelling skills into some sort of Weapon- I can assure you that you will possess one of the most devastating ammunitions the world has ever seen and it will greatly help you in achieving your Biafra dream.

@Topic

I think what the eminent Governor has done should be applauded by all- it is indeed a right step in the right direction. A lot of folks here are either illiterate or are not making an accurate interpretation of what happened. First of all, this is not DEPORTATION i.e. they have not been extricated outside of the Nigerian state but simply removed from a geographical state where they have turned themselves to nuisances and unproductive elements. If they are have being deported then they will be unable to return back to Lagos as they will face immigration control on their return but this is not the case, these people can simply board a bus and return tomorrow. The actions of the LASG is intended to send a much needed message that Lagos is an economic centre of excellence and they will not tolerate indolence and criminal activities. Honestly I don't why some of our Igbo brothers and sisters are getting so upset about this. Like it has been suggested severally on this thread, you should put intense pressure on your leaders to give you similar opportunities in your states of origin and if you get so worked up about it, advise your governors to reciprocate the gesture.

For all those you who have suddenly turned to lawyers and suddenly gained a PhD in Constitutional Law immediately you saw the report, I will implore you to go and read up because there have been precedence for relocation and movement of miscreants even within a political and economic union.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by solomon111(m): 10:36am On Jul 25, 2013
omar22:

I know what Tyranny means, your not in the position to educate me, I asked you a question, all you did was to flip the script.
How is fashola a tyrant?
Someone that willingly flounts a democratic constitution is what?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2013
solomon111: I need to go to an asylum,because i said many yorubas are perpetrators of criminality?
Lol.
Did you finish primary school?
you said Yorubas perpetrate crime in other states...ven if they do you still cant compare it to that of the Igbos. NOT ONE BIT!(and you know its true)
And hell yeah I graduated from Primary school. Not everyone is like you and your brothers especially those in Alaba market in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by logica(m): 10:36am On Jul 25, 2013
9ja_i_hail2:

Same way he checked the legality of his actions before going to court to challenge jang faction of NGF. Now who is asking for case to be withdraw. Do i need to tell you that fash is a failed SAN?
So to seek to withdraw a case means it has been deemed illegal? I can't quite catch your flow...break it down to me slowly.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by coastalqueen: 10:38am On Jul 25, 2013
babe_online:
While Yorubas have something to hype(Lagos), you guys have nothing to hype. See the difference?
Also if any hurrican should come and wipe the goodworks that are being done in Lagos, the Yorubas will rise again, and this time it will be the Oyo state that Solomon dissed.
I will like to hear what you leeches will have to say then.

lol you fearful slowpoke. since they moved the capital to abuja, how far has lagos gone? with all the taxes lagos state collects your governor has not been able to make lagos a mega city, your governor is investing heavily in other countries with all the taxes. The riches of lagos state is artificial and if they try to send other tribes packing, what would you guys be left with? Don't worry, Ijebu garri sells well like gold. SHIOR!
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by 1soul(m): 10:38am On Jul 25, 2013
Abagworo:

Igbos feel too comfortable investing outside Igboland and that is one of the reasons their host communities detest them. Other Nigerians are so mindful on how they invest their earnings that you wouldn't even know they own a lot in their hometowns. A typical Yoruba millionaire from Osun based in Port harcourt has one house in Port Harcourt, 1 house in Lagos and 8 houses in Osun while a typical Igbo millionaire in Lagos owns 9 houses in Lagos and one seasonally used duplex in his village.
Ndigbo need to start replicating whatever investments they've made in Lagos in Igboland. Especially the industrialists, they should retain their Lagos office as warehouses, but relocate their factories back home to create more job opportunities to keep these destitute employed and engaged, instead of coming to congest an already overcongested state.

The SE governors really need to wake up, come together and draw up an economic plan that would integrate the whole of Igboland into one large system with sub-systems in the various states. We have large firms that can equally function well without necessarily having their head offices located in lagos. Companies like Zynox, Orange drugs, Emzoh, etc. can operate from the east. Businessmen should be encouraged to develop international markets in the SE like how they built ASPANDA. No doubt Lagos is an economic hub, but branch offices can equally serve.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by solomon111(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2013
9ja_i_hail2:

Seriously,that fashola of a guy is a slowpoke.
He's just too impulsive.
A very bad attribute in a leader.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by 1soul(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2013
I like it, if that's what it would take ndigbo to start developing their own place. For God sake we've become too comfortable outside our home that some of oir children are begining to lose sight of who they truely are. Here in Kano, you need to see the massive relocation of some companies since the bomb blast at the luxury part. I personally know of four Phamaceutical companies that have relocated back home.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 25, 2013
chino11:

Apart from Lagos which was developed by FG as former FCT and early settlers of Igbos like (Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwus) etc.

Which one is developed SW? Here is the regional capital of SW..is this what you call development or slum and shanty development.
dude those roofs are unique and represent who the Oyos are.Please leave it like that.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by 1soul(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2013
Abagworo:

Igbos feel too comfortable investing outside Igboland and that is one of the reasons their host communities detest them. Other Nigerians are so mindful on how they invest their earnings that you wouldn't even know they own a lot in their hometowns. A typical Yoruba millionaire from Osun based in Port harcourt has one house in Port Harcourt, 1 house in Lagos and 8 houses in Osun while a typical Igbo millionaire in Lagos owns 9 houses in Lagos and one seasonally used duplex in his village.
Ndigbo need to start replicating whatever investments they've made in Lagos in Igboland too, and not just building mansions for rats to dwell all year long in villages. Especially, the industrialists, they should retain their Lagos offices as warehouses and showrooms, and then relocate their factories back home to create more job opportunities to keep these destitutes employed and engaged actively, instead of coming to congest an already overcongested state.

The SE governors really need to wake up, come together and draw up an economic plan that would integrate the whole of Igboland into one large system with sub-systems in the various states. We can't continue like this! We have large firms that can equally function well without necessarily having their head offices located in lagos. Companies like Zynox, Orange drugs, Emzoh, etc. can operate from the east.

Businessmen should be encouraged to develop international markets in the SE like how they built ASPANDA. No doubt Lagos is an economic hub, but branch offices can equally serve, and gradually these developments would trickle down and eventually be transfered back to SE. The problem is that we shy away from long-term economic plans, our people want a kick and start investment, so they seek an already made market to cash on.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by freecocoa(f): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2013
logica: And what you do have in yours, donkey? See, I was even trying to be civil with you. You are too stup!d to see when you are being thrown a lifeline. Dumbo.
My first mistake was replying you, sorry, didn't know I was trying to talk to a buffoon.

My bad.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by yetunsbay(m): 10:41am On Jul 25, 2013
coastal queen:
Tiff how u take be joint owners? abi PH or warri na lagos extention? I need to invent a slap smiley for nairaland
no be angry tinz o bt y u no develop ur region?for 1 thng self-centered.if am nt mistaken u wil b residing in lag o

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by basilo101: 10:42am On Jul 25, 2013
As we speak ryt nw those guys r already inside CHISCO bus en route 2 Lagos, dia is noting LASG cn do. If d con3 is bad no state cn b immune 2 d effects
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by omar22(m): 10:43am On Jul 25, 2013
solomon111: How is fashola a tyrant?
Someone that willingly flounts a democratic constitution is what?

Why is a state Governor a Tyrant? when we have a leader, I believe Fashola is working within the constitution or Laws. Tell me, Why do Easterners go home during the national census? Please answer those questions.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by drchingy: 10:43am On Jul 25, 2013
scribble: igbos and their double standards. always quick to say yoruba land is no mans land as it was a former capital.

now lets say lagos was anambra or delta state. we will have asari dokubo telling us that it is their land/oil

we've always maintained we dont need ur oil...maybe the northerners do but westerners dont.

even without oil, lagos economy is poised to pass Nigeria if these inept leaders keep messing up, and thats according to an American professor.

We are d only state thats allowing non-indigenes as commissioner. we allow ibos to be commissioner here. ibos are too tribalistic. u can have ur destitute back

And if all d igbo people leave lagos with thier trillions, I wonder where your splendid economy will be

All this tribalism envy and jealousy is not getting anybody anywhere.jus saying
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by coastalqueen: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2013
yetunsbay: no be angry tinz o bt y u no develop ur region?for 1 thng self-centered.if am nt mistaken u wil b residing in lag o
My region is developed o. without fed govt aid. i have a lovely mall i can goto, cool chill out spots and then finally relax in my father's mansion cheesy now tell me, do u have any of these in other yoruba states that were not jointly developed by other Nigerians?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply)

Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders / Igboho Wept Like A Child, His Wife Was Crying Too - Lawyer / Precious Chikwendu Fani-Kayode Welcomes Triplets, All Boys - Ragnar, Aiden, Liam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.