Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha (45603 Views)

Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Homeless In America, Whose Fault Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by LBT: 8:29am On Jul 25, 2013
Iykopee: is time to start deporting those useless westerners wandering about and the aboki people in rivers state including their 'noble' beggar coming almost on weekly basis to ask amaechi for stipend in disguise....atleast from deporting destitutes, it will surely lead to deporting reasonable people who occupies the d refinery and petrochemical with their aboki and oily soup mentality.
you talk rubbish because of all the rubbish things you people eat, if states/regions are allowed to deport other tribes you people will suffer more than any other tribe in Nigeria and you will be more backward and underdeveloped than how you people are for centuries to come; why don't people like you think deep before talking but talking and not even thinking about what action you comment may instigate, that's why the Hausas don't like you people and you are making the yorubas to start hating you bit by bit. Your thoughts are always about oil as if the west don't have any, we have bitumen,Gold and several other natural resources, Note: more oil is being discovered in the west, check out facts.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Burger01(m): 8:32am On Jul 25, 2013
ShyM-X:
Hysterical!!!! grin

No comment! lipsrsealed
grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Tolexander: 8:33am On Jul 25, 2013
Onlytruth:

See the difference between LIGHT and darkness.
what is the offence of those deported?
Only a sane mind(light) can be given good things in a place while an insane mind(dark) can be sent packing for a domain due to the atrocities committed.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2013
Is good. Im not a yoruba man but i support this move. How can someone leave his or her village and travel up to 8 hours to Lagos to become a professional beggar?.

They are cooperate beggars, they have boss and the biz is well organized. Most of them dont want to work but remain a beggar cos is easy money.

I respect and like to help people working very hard/difficult job to earn a living. May God help them.
As for the beggars, go back to the village and start farming. U could make a better living there.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2013
comrChris: majority of ds yorubas whining deir mouth in nl claimin landlord of lagos lives in one rum face me l slap u wit 7 or mor siblingx while d lgbo in dat xame lagos lives in d most expensiv houses n areas,now hu s nw landlord

y do u think i have been laughing since i saw d topic and these ngbatic comments. I was impressed when i saw how comfortable my ppl were in Lagos in relation to the ''owners''.

It helps put tnz in perspective

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by DuduNegro: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2013
PointB: I think this inane, rascally and cowardly behavior of Lagos State got to stop. For goodness sake, if those people broke the law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria they should be tried by a competent court and punished in accordance to the law. It is very idiotic to even begin to assume you can successful deport people in their own country.

The Anambra State Government should also stop being complicit in the illegality, they should promptly transport back those individual back to Lagos (if they so desired). Lagos, nay Nigeria, belongs to all Nigerians.

Like Onlytruth aptly noted in his first comment, if Lagos is tired of being part of Nigeria, they should do the needful. The Federal Government indeed needs to step in to stop this rascally and cowardly behavior.

And IGBOS (and non-indigenes) should not vote ACN/APC in Lagos in 2015, this sort of bad behavior and tribalism should never be rewarded.

Lagos was the beginning of Nigeria. Its not going anywhere. However, any riffraff and alfalfa that does not wish to respect the laws enacted by Lagos State should waka voluntarily out of Lagos, otherwise he will involuntarily be "bused" out on a one way deportation trip to Onitsha.

Lagos does not need Igbo votes to put a Yoruba man in the executive seat. Vote whichever way you want, or boycott if you like.....election will hold and an agbada-wearing winner will emerge.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2013
In Onitsha, there is a man called BLESSED BLIND MAN. He has many buses and investment along Onitsha and Ekulobia yet he still in the begging biz.
Any igbo man from Anambra should say it loud if im telling lies.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by frainc(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2013
@SCRIBBLE or CRIPPLE, if u are clueless on dis topic wont u shut dat stinking gutter of urs u call mouth? what as DELTA or d OIL got to do wit dis?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 25, 2013
Of cos it will be an agbada man but MUST be a muslim and chosen by Tinubu!! Unity indeed!
Dudu_Negro:

Lagos was the beginning of Nigeria. Its not going anywhere. However, any riffraff and alfalfa that does not wish to respect the laws enacted by Lagos State should waka voluntarily out of Lagos, otherwise he will involuntarily be "bused" out on a one way deportation trip to Onitsha.

Lagos does not need Igbo votes to put a Yoruba man in the executive seat. Vote whichever way you want, or boycott if you like.....election will hold and an agbada-wearing winner will emerge.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Decryptor(m): 8:40am On Jul 25, 2013
Haterz gonna keep hating! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by kettykin: 8:41am On Jul 25, 2013
LBT: you talk rubbish because of all the rubbish things you people eat, if states/regions are allowed to deport other tribes you people will suffer more than any other tribe in Nigeria and you will be more backward and underdeveloped than how you people are for centuries to come; why don't people like you think deep before talking but talking and not even thinking about what action you comment may instigate, that's why the Hausas don't like you people and you are making the yorubas to start hating you bit by bit. Your thoughts are always about oil as if the west don't have any, we have bitumen,Gold and several other natural resources, Note: more oil is being discovered in the west, check out facts.
If you have the things you mentioned how come lagos is the only developed part of the south west, hoe come the former capital of yoruba land is a decrepit town with little or nothing to show for its long years as the yoruba capital despite not experiencing destruction from a civil war , ,insurgencies or invasion with the city'S only airport now a habitat for rodents and reptiles.

the mistake yorubas are making is they think what awolowo and his inept economic team could not achieve with indigenisation decree and the £20 they can now achieve with deportation policy and annual business registration policy and stringent tax policies

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 25, 2013
eio2013: Olodo! If u dont have any reasonable comment to make u just shut up. what kind of tribal and biased comment are u making.
For your information, the same ibo's u r referring 2 generate huge revenue to the SW - Alaba, computer Village, Ladipo etc.
What r ur people contributing? Nothing except dirt, NURTW/Agbero..

If Igbo people generate money for the Lagos State Government in Ladipo and Alaba they can still set up such markets in the South East while people from other parts of the country, and Lagos in particular, go there to buy goods.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Onlytruth(m): 8:43am On Jul 25, 2013
chino11:

One of them who gave her name as Chima said he hails from Abia State, adding that she was arrested some time in May last year by a group of people in uniform on her way to Okokomaiko in Lagos where she lived.

She said that she was kept in a dark room that looked like a warehouse for several days along with many other people, adding that up till the time she was brought into Onitsha, she never knew what she did that warranted her arrest.

[size=16]She also said that many of those arrested along with her died in detention[/size]

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/70-persons-deported-to-onitsha-from-lagos/#sthash.L4ZRU8bU.dpuf

What we are reading here amounts to ETHNIC CLEANSING.
People died in this criminal assault on the Nigerian constitution.
Fashola should be held personally accountable.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by kettykin: 8:44am On Jul 25, 2013
What awolowo could not achieve with the indigenisation policy and £20 policy ,fashola will never be able to achieve with deportation policy and igbo business taxing policy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by fr3do(m): 8:44am On Jul 25, 2013
Can Nigeria take anymore of these tribal stresses?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Emelcee: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2013
Forced conversion to Islam: My daughter not the only one at Etsu Nupe’s palace – Uzoechina

on July 25, 2013 at 3:00 am in News

BY CLIFFORD NDUJIHE

…Sharia court to rule on appeal Aug 1
ABUJA—APART from his daughter, Miss Charity (Aisha) Uzoechina, Pastor Raymond Uzoechina has called on security agencies to investigate activities at the palace of the Etsu Nupe, Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, to ensure that many people there had not been forced to convert to Islam and held against their will.

“Apart from my daughter, there are so many people at the palace. There is need for the police to investigate and ensure that the people are not suffering the fate of my daughter,” Pastor Uzoechina told Vanguard on phone, yesterday.

He spoke ahead of the August 1, 2013 expected ruling of the Bida Sharia Court 1 on whether or not 24-year-old Charity (Aisha) Uzoechina should be released to her parents.

Charity left their Abuja home to further her studies at the Federal Polytechnic, Bida, Niger State recently.  According to reports, she has not returned home since March. She has allegedly been at the palace of the Etsu Nupe on her own volition after converting to Islam and changing her name to Aisha.

Pastor Uzoechina is claiming that his daughter was kidnapped and hypnotised and could never abandon the Christian faith for Islam. But the Etsu Nupe argued otherwise and produced legal documents where his daughter said she had converted to Islam and alleged that his father could kill her for the action hence the need to seek protection from the Palace and the Sharia Court, which the court granted.

Consequently, the Etsu Nupe refused to release the lady to Uzoechina, a pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, citing the sharia court ruling.

Asked how far the matter had gone, the pastor said: “They (sharia court) have fixed Thursday, August 1 for ruling on our appeal that they don’t have jurisdiction. You can’t judge a Christian in a Muslim court. I am appealing to them to vacate the judgment because they don’t have jurisdiction.”

How can I kill my daughter?
On allegations that he could kill his daughter over conversion from Christianity to Islam, he said: That is not true. My daughter cannot make that allegation. Why should I kill her? We asked them to bring her to the court so that my lawyer can cross-examine her but they refused.

“If she has converted to Islam, must she practice at the Etsu Nupe’s palace?  Is Etsu Nupe the chief security officer now? They should not separate me from my daughter. She has stayed in the palace for six months. If they say I will harm her, let them release her to the Inspector General of Police, leader of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN or ask me to write an undertaking. Why is my daughter still under Etsu Nupe’s enclave? I am only talking about my daughter; there are so many people at the palace. There is need for the police to investigate and ensure that other people are not suffering the fate of my daughter. They did not allow my wife to see my daughter when she visited the palace.”

Genesis of the matter
Pastor Uzoechina said the matter, which is now causing a big row among the Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor-led CAN, the Bida Emirate and the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, NSCIA, started on March 1 and 2 when he got a call from an aide of the emir, asking him to come to the palace.

At the palace in Bida, he said he met his daughter with two other women. “The man said these women brought my daughter to the palace that she has embraced Islam and she has also been withdrawn from school. Those women even claimed they have taken her through the rudiments of Islam and have started looking for a school for her. At this juncture, I demanded that I am going home with her. But the man declined, saying only the emir has the power to allow the girl go with me. They took me to the emir but the emir refused my plea, saying I should come back next week.”

On March 4, he said two people who claimed to be from the Bida Sharia Court emerged with his daughter with a folded paper and asked him to sign but he refused. He tried to take his daughter but was told that she was now under the custody of the Sharia Court.

The Sharia Court 1 said it arrived at the decision because the girl claimed her father could kill her following her change of faith. It also said that the defendant (Pastor Uzoechina) shunned an invitation to appear before it to defend himself, adding: “At this juncture, this honourable court hereby orders that the custody of the plaintiff be entrusted in the hand of Etsu Nupe for the time being and the Etsu Nupe should employ a qualified Islamic scholar who will be teaching her and showing her what the Islamic customs is all about and the plaintiff can even be watching and selecting a man of her choice whom she will want to marry as her partner.”

Appeal
Consequently, Uzoechina got his lawyer, Anthony Agbonlahor, to appeal the ruling. The lawyer also petitioned the Chief Judge of Niger State, complaining about the conduct of the judge of the Sharia Court 1, Justice Abdulkadir Idris, saying that the court had no right to take custody of the girl.

He said: “Contrary to the principle of natural justice vis- a-vis fair hearing, our client was not served either with the court summons/processes or hearing notice. The case was filed on March 4; the case was heard March 4 and judgment delivered on the same day. In fact, judgment was also executed on the same date. The question is: why the urgency?”

Responding to the allegations, the Bida Emirate reportedly accused Uzoechina of distorting facts and insisted that the Etsu Nupe should not be blamed for the girl’s voluntary decision.

It said in a statement that Miss Uzoechina approached the monarch for protection over her change of faith from Christianity to Islam on February 15.

“The royal father invited the father of the girl for talks, with the hope of reconciling them. On March 2, the father came to the palace and was taken before His Royal Highness. It was at His Royal Highness chamber that the father came face to face with his daughter. After discussions with the girl and her father, the Etsu Nupe asked the girl to go back home with her father to resolve the matter as a family.

“The girl refused to go home with her father fearing that the father may harm her going by the encounter at the Etsu Nupe’s palace. The girl left the palace and approached a court in Bida for protection, a request which the court granted the girl. The girl has since been in the custody of the court in Bida. Her reason was that her father insulted her and she was scared that he may harm her because of his utterances during their short meeting.”
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by trolling(m): 8:49am On Jul 25, 2013
Being born in Nigeria doesn't make me Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or any of ethnic tribes in Nigeria, I'm of the house of Judah, the true Jews know themselves, dumb fools keep ranting about a land that doesn't belong to them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Iykopee(m): 8:51am On Jul 25, 2013
LBT: you talk rubbish because of all the rubbish things you people eat, if states/regions are allowed to deport other tribes you people will suffer more than any other tribe in Nigeria and you will be more backward and underdeveloped than how you people are for centuries to come; why don't people like you think deep before talking but talking and not even thinking about what action you comment may instigate, that's why the Hausas don't like you people and you are making the yorubas to start hating you bit by bit. Your thoughts are always about oil as if the west don't have any, we have bitumen,Gold and several other natural resources, Note: more oil is being discovered in the west, check out facts.

Guy dont be foolish like many of ur kinsmen if only we shud speak based on facts.. Am pretty sure u cud find leeches in every tribe of Nigeria and judging by fashola's instincts, i tink its pertinent to inform u, incase u aint aware, that ur brothers are leeches to the people of Rivers State and beyond.. U should rather blame ur governor for starting a fight meant for 'MAD' people through his clandestine motive of HATE and ethnic segregation tagged, ''beggars and homeless people.'' next time, post like one having some brains in his cranium.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by cupid4ig(m): 8:51am On Jul 25, 2013
BlackPikiN:

The link's been taken down by The punch.

fashola was so stupid when he carried out the act.

This action is unconstitutional according to section 4 point 41:
41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.

Fashola should know better not to ignore the constitution (Fashola is a SAN)

I wonder if fashola got his SAN through the back door.
E be like say we go collect that SAN from am.

Though this story is old. the OP is a confirmed MO/RON
oga this is not an old story i saw them yesterday on my way to asaba. It happened yesterday
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2013
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
For those that call themselves Biafrans, not Nigerians as we have always seen them, shouldn't this be seen as a state (Lagos State) deporting foreign destitutes from their country (Nigeria) like was recently done in Kenya?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by IboBoyNuel(m): 8:54am On Jul 25, 2013
Instead of the chairman of red cross to be complaining dat wat D lagos state government did is not fair because those People are poor he is complaining dat they dropped them in his territory...so is he trying to say dat he doesn't care how they are being treated buh they shouldn't be dropped in anambara?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by DuduNegro: 8:57am On Jul 25, 2013
kettykin:
If you have the things you mentioned how come lagos is the only developed part of the south west, hoe come the former capital of yoruba land is a decrepit town with little or nothing to show for its long years as the yoruba capital despite not experiencing destruction from a civil war , ,insurgencies or invasion with the city'S only airport now a habitat for rodents and reptiles.

the mistake yorubas are making is they think what awolowo and his inept economic team could not achieve with indigenisation decree and the £20 they can now achieve with deportation policy and annual business registration polucy and stringent tax policies

We leave the hinterland undeveloped because we don't want to duplicate the igbo menace suffered by Lagos to all Yorubaland.

Soon as we start building up other cities, guess who will migrate in?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Onlytruth(m): 8:58am On Jul 25, 2013
I saw a lot of Yoruba people here (and some others of dubious origins) justifying this incredibly short-sighted action.
Some even suggested that Anambra state should simply retaliate.
Pray how can a sane man dance an insane dance with a madman?
The only solution is to wait for the right time, but to NEVER forgive or forget this type of treachery.
I hope Fashola and his cheerleaders are ready for the consequences of their actions.

I had been avoiding buying properties in Lagos, (heck I don't even stay more than one day in the dump of a "city"-- ), but I have just decided to become a Lagos player, by fire by force. All I need is a good air purifier at home and a Michael Jackson type of nose mask initially. cool I will adjust with time because I am an Igbo man. cool

I urge more umu Igbo from Onitsha, Aba, Nnewi, and Enugu to migrate to Lagos in larger numbers.

Anu gbaa ajo oso, agba ya ajo egbe! cool
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Revolva(m): 9:00am On Jul 25, 2013
Nigeria...the Igbo man and the Yoruba man...too hate themselves...na wa ooo
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by andyprez(m): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2013
I've been reading all the comments here & believe me, I'm highly disappointed at most of it. We all fail to look at the big picture in this country that's why we all fail as a nation. Our leaders understand this. They bring issues like this to destabilize its citizenry every single time but we are too blind to see. Until we take away religion, ethnicity, tribalism from this country, we'll NEVER succeed.
Nigeria comes first before any person, desire, region or religion. And if we personally feel there's a need to separate, fine. Than wasting our precious God-given time to fight & quote quotations that will open old wounds instead of looking for new ways to heal them.
P.S. My token on the issue.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by faithynuvo(m): 9:02am On Jul 25, 2013
undecidedi think this is unconstitution of naija law despite the bad habit of igbo guys. ;Di think this is unconstitution of naija law despite the bad habit of igbo guys.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by simpleseyi: 9:02am On Jul 25, 2013
Onlytruth: The fact remains that if Lagos state is tired of the Nigerian project, it should go ahead and secede today.
What Lagos is doing is CRIMINAL VIOLATION of Nigerian citizens CONSTITUTIONAL rights.

When Igbo got tired of Nigeria in 1967, we sacrificed 2 million of our people to try to secede. To me that is a demonstration of seriousness and bravery.

This cowardly backdoor secession won't work.

We Ndigbo really should hold the IG accountable because it seems that the IG is constantly making NIGERIAN POLICE men available for these types of open violation of the Nigerian constitution.

Our governors should hold Jonathan's feet to fire over the IG's indirect support for discrimination against innocent Nigerians by cowards who can't speak directly.

Say anything you want; Do your worst; But stay in your region and develop your region; I thought you people said that you own Lagos and the whole of South-West; You said you develop Lagos and the whole of South-West; Now we are telling you directly and indirectly that Lagos is part of Oduduwa Nation and not part of Biafra or Arewa. You sacrificed 2 millions of your people for civil war the last time; Our people are precious to us and we shall never ever sacrifice our people for anything; If you start another senseless unprepared war again, we shall still use the old trick to put you where you belong. cool

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by naptu2: 9:03am On Jul 25, 2013
But the Commissioner for Information in Lagos State, Mr. Lateef Ibirogba denied the speculations that the government deported 67 persons from Lagos.

He said: “We did not deport anybody. By the constitution of Nigeria, everybody has a right to live in any part of the country. But we have been emphasizing that people must live within the law. However, it is not true.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/lagos-deports-67-persons-to-onitsha/
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by IleIfe2(m): 9:04am On Jul 25, 2013
dozzybaba: He should have mentioned Oyo his state.

Lagos dumps 120 'adura-agba' merchants in Oyo. grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Burger01(m): 9:04am On Jul 25, 2013
ShyM-X:
Killayut of nl is also on that link doing what he knows how to do best - antagonise Igbos. grin grin

grin grin
Ayam really enjoying this thread!!

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply)

Bet9ja: Nigerians React As Senate Threatens To Shutdown Sports Betting Company / Soldiers And Gunmen Clash In Mangu Plateau, Many Feared Killed / The Facts About Norsemen Kclub: Why Evans Bipi Is Not A Norseman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.