Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? (42266 Views)

Reasons Why Guys Are Afraid To Date Beautiful Women / Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? / Why Do Handsome Men Always Marry Ugly Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by diddy4(m): 9:51am On May 28, 2006
nice talk man. true talk. real talk fo' shizzle. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by BigShishi(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2006
dakman, u need ur own talk sho! wink
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by 4Play(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2006
Fall in love?What is that?I don't think love even exists.What we call love is probably a biological reaction that lasts for few years btw couples who like each other.
Its no different from anyother biological reaction.
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by Seun(m): 3:31pm On May 28, 2006
a biological reaction that lasts for few years
Some couples know how to reignite this 'biological reaction' over and over again. For them, it seems to last a lifetime! I think young people should take time to study those who are doing fine instead of rushing into failure.
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by 4Play(m): 3:39pm On May 28, 2006
Thay can't reignite it after the first cuople of years.They instead relapse into a normal but intimate frienship which is not neccesarily the same thing.

Anyone that tells u that they love their partner as much now as years earlier is telling fibs.It is great myth that has no basis in reality
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by 2cantango(f): 3:42pm On May 28, 2006
4 Play:

Thay can't reignite it after the first cuople of years.They instead relapse into a normal but intimate frienship which is not neccesarily the same thing.

Anyone that tells u that they love their partner as much now as years earlier is telling fibs.It is great myth that has no basis in reality

Can you prove it's just a myth?
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by 4Play(m): 3:44pm On May 28, 2006
My point is that love does not exist.I am not supposed to prove the inexistence of anything.Those who assert that something does exist have the sole responsibility to prove it
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by jgirl3: 10:41am On May 29, 2006
Ummmmm, love doesn't exist? What is that thing that keeps a couple together for decades? I know it is not tolerance because after a while, tolerance gets tiring. I think that all those years of anniversaries that people celebrate is a proof that love does exist.

As for the question, i think that generally guys fall in love harder so they try to be cautious. It is also hard for girls to recover from a broken heart, not just guys. Yeah and i agree with the emotional aspect cos guys try to put up the hard front but women are supposed to be vulnerable, thereby expressing their feelings more
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by silans(m): 11:03am On May 29, 2006
True talk, Love doesnt exist,
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by Kurunmi(m): 2:56pm On May 30, 2006
Well there is one important factor that is overlooked in this "heart broken once, will not love again issue" for guys and ladies and that is the issue of healing after a heartbreak.

For ladies once heart broken the next guy to fall-in-love-with has to earn your trust, he has to make you feel comfortable enough with him to let your emotions go, as such he helps you to heal the hurt of the initial heart break.

Whereas for a guy since he still has to do the chasing (most of the time) for his next relationship nobody helps him to heal, the new girl does not care what happened to the last and would still play her hard to get game, I mean you don't approach the new girl and pour out the hurt of the past, you try to be your most charming self while still being careful not to let go, guys are emotional too so most time we don't heal instead we hardden up and give less of our emotions and with time it becomes more difficult to start getting emotional.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by BigShishi(m): 3:00pm On May 30, 2006
True kurunmi, when i split with me ex-girl, i actually hated girls , i wanted to teach every girl i came across a lesson, so i became a first class playa, but still i'm not any happier, undecided and i wonder if i'll ever let myself go when it comes to girls.
One of my girls complaied i used to pump her hard, never looked in her face and was never affectionate, i know it myself and fear it will affect me when i get marries
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by jgirl3: 3:09pm On May 30, 2006
No, it's not going to be that bad. You will heal one day and the girl you get married to is going to be the one to help in your healing.

The breaking up thing always end up in someone being hurt, girl or guy - it has almost the same effect of hardening the hearts of the heart broken
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by BigShishi(m): 3:17pm On May 30, 2006
this is sumthn different girl, my-ex girl is now in a loving relationship (dumb girl even wants us to be good friends ) BUT I HAVE THIS THING AT THE BACK OF MY MIND OF NOT LETTING A GIRL BECOME TOO CLOSE THAT IT'LL MAKE ME VULNERABLE, I CAN'T BE DEALING WITH EMOTIONS, I'M A MAN!!! cry
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by wills(m): 3:36pm On May 30, 2006
The reason i think is ,rejection caused by past experiences or just being plain scared of the NO!! word .

But why is it that a lady gives, all what a guy will perceive to be green lights and then when you make your move she either says no! or makes you feel stupid for think she was having emotions towards you,when she was just being a friend, the truth be told  this  relationship or dating stuff is pretty confusing,

@Shishi get a grip of yourself, ,you becoming a bad case of chauvinism rather then emotional wahala!,Move on get over her and you are human even if you are a guy, theres nothing wrong with emotions, you cry dont you?, well that wooshi feeling of love is just your soul crying ,
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by jgirl3: 3:41pm On May 30, 2006
@ Shishi, Yes i know you are a man but you also are a human being with feelings and so is your ex. People make mistakes. What i am saying is that with time, you will let go and you will allow yourself to be vulnerable unconciously - trust me, i know. I have enough heart-broken friends to know that.
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by BigShishi(m): 4:59pm On May 30, 2006
i ain't heartbroken now, but it's just that i find it difficult to be that close to girls again, i know im in trouble cos i'll have to get married soon
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by dakmanzero(m): 6:24pm On May 30, 2006
Its like what kurunmi said.

No-one will help the man to heal.

he's supposed to be the strong one, so if he reveals he was hurt before, the girl will lose respect for him. Its like saying "How can I save you when I can't even save myself?"

Big shishi is simply taking the path of least resistance, which I have to confess I have been forced into in the past. If we bury our emotions and do not fall in love, we will actually be more attractive, get laid a lot more. You girls should explain why you always find it easier to sleep with men that obivously do NOT love you!

The day we start to show emotion again, and something happens that reminds us of the terrible experience of heartbreak, well, we rebound.

I, personally, have gotten tired of the run-n-gun lifestyle, as all it has achieved for me is a serious dampening of the urge to have sex (it has become boring). I wish I could fall in love again, but the experience has been horrible. *shrug* perhaps men are *not* supposed to fall in love. I know for sure that I am level-headed enough to ensure that the woman I choose to have my children will feel as if she is loved. Its very easy! :-)

But I can only trust myself to do that effectively when my head is not swimming in the oceans of luuuurve
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by jgirl3: 10:21pm On May 30, 2006
Girls sleep with guys that do not love them because a lot of them are hurt by guys. I know a girl who just sleeps around to get back at her ex. Stupid huh? But when the guy actually loves them, just like ShiShi - they don't want to get too close so they run.

Men ARE supposed to fall in love. Love is an emotion which everyone of us has to experience at some point.

@ ShiShi, you are not in trouble yet. Just wait for the pressure put on you by relatives and family, then you'll be in trouble.
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by BigShishi(m): 10:28pm On May 30, 2006
i'll be honest , i'll really like to fall in love with the woman i get married to, probably would be the one and only thing that will change my mind on the issue
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by jgirl3: 10:31pm On May 30, 2006
That was what i've been trying to tell you since.
Love is a wonderful feeling. In fact, you will thank God that your ex left you cos there is always a better person
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by ToyM28(f): 11:12pm On May 30, 2006
All men shld stop acting like big sissy's and get on with loving
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by Ashiwaju(m): 4:04am On May 31, 2006
Once beaten, 1 million times shy, Experience i believe is the best teacher, for moi, it would only take a stunning lady with an atititude to get me back in love.
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by nobody2: 9:52am On May 31, 2006
they are hard to fall in but very difficult to handle fall outs.
women find it easy to walk away without much concerns and men will always go down emotionally, physically and otherwise.
the truth is that men never get through with disappointments hence they live their casual lives to live longer.
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by lilred(f): 4:13pm On May 31, 2006
breakups are not easy for the girls as well as the guys, i think the girls recover faster because they
dont pretend that nothing has happened, girls cry and get it out of thier systems in other ways.

guys see crying or talking about how hurt they from a broken relationship as a form of weakness, so they keep things bottled up which is not healthy and hence habour so much hate that they feel they can never love again.

truth is we feel less vunerable when not in a relationship but we have to take some risks in life.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by ToyM28(f): 4:18pm On May 31, 2006
Ashiwaju, wld u fall in love wiv me. Dont know if m studdng, but do i gats d attitude! wink wink wink
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by BigShishi(m): 4:24pm On May 31, 2006
true dat lilred smiley but you can't blame us guys, that's what society has instilled and drilled into our minds!!, how would you feel if you found a man crying under his blanket, soaking up his pillow with tissue in one hand and tells you he's crying beacuse his girl broke up with him,
We guys hurt as much (or even more) but we have to keep it in. One of the things that killed me most when i broke up with my ex was the hought of her being with another man, after se said she'll have my kids and all the other crap, it makes me angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by slej(f): 4:28pm On May 31, 2006
grin grin grin grin ;Dmen do fall in love only once in their lives so they take their time before they faal in love. cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by Nalijah(f): 4:54pm On May 31, 2006
Well, to be honest I think it is because of the diffefence between men and women "mentality wise". God didn't create men and women to be a like; therefore, men don't don't have the same emotions as women do. Men, basically feed their sexual physical needs and love comes second, where as a woman will fall in love. Men also knows with love comes "Drama" and most men tend to avoid drama.
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by dachosen1(f): 7:53pm On May 31, 2006
Well firstly, man arent the only ones afraid to fall in love, I a female is difintey afraid of "love". I've been with my boo for a long minute now and I really do care for him but it's hard for me to love him. I know i got issues on my part. But it's not only males that are afraid of love. People in general are. And i'm sure that u'll fall in love someday. The same thing 4 myself
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by BigShishi(m): 11:39pm On May 31, 2006
dachosen, i feel u girl, i know it's probably not cos u don't ove the brother, it's jkust you trying to protect yourself, but if you've been with da brother for a minute, don't you feel you know him well enough to take the plunge and let yourself go fully?
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by dachosen1(f): 11:46pm On May 31, 2006
Yea but I know myself and it's not going to happen that easily. I'm a very difficult person to impress. Believe that! You right. It's more of a protection thing
Re: Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? by Ashiwaju(m): 8:38am On Jun 03, 2006
ToyM28:

Ashiwaju, would u fall in love with me. Dont know if m studdng, but do i gats d attitude! wink wink wink

Well, if you av got the attitude we can always work on the statistics girl wink

Dachosen, i feel u jare but firtly u can say all these perhaps bcus u guys havent gone that intimate and i bet once the guy has it way with you, you ll be the one to proffess yah love for him. Usually when they are no strings attached, we all say i dont love him but i like him, but as soon as. . . God, you go start to confess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

22years Got Married To 68 Yo Lady Today / Young Cute Soldier Set To Wed His Sweetheart. See Their Pre-wedding Pictures / 8 Signs That Your Boyfriend Loves You More Than Anyone Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.