Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,375 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Adeboye Is Not Wrong - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Is Not Wrong (36595 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / Pastor Adeboye Is A Gay Cultist - Kemi Olunloyo (The Former Governor's Daughter) / Daddy Adeboye Is Innocent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by EmmanuellaAop: 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel: If you want to sow 1 billion see my personal secretary , if you want to sow 100 million see my personal secretary, anything less is acceptable but you cannot see my personal secretary undecided

Nigerian so called Christians are truly clueless.
....Exactly.!
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
Wrong! It might beat your imagination but there are Righteous Billionaires in our country!
please name one righteous billionaire and I will tell you whats unrighteous about his billions
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Rolly83:

Fool are u comparing your pastor to King Solomon in the Bible?....U no get sense coz ur Dumb brain should have told u dat King Solomon was a ruler of Isreal,while ur Man of God is just a GO of a church!
And I put it to you that a Born Again Christian today is greater than King Solomon of old! If a Born Again Christian is greater than solomon how much more a G.O. of RCCG?
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by bebechuks: 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sabi sabi poeple
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
And I put it to you that a Born Again Christian today is greater than King Solomon of old! If a Born Again Christian is greater than solomon how much more a G.O. of a RCCG?

"But among you it will be different. Those who are the greatest among you should take the lowest rank, and the leader should be like a servant." - Luke 22;26
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel:

poverty is a disease

So poor people should start committing suicide en masse.

Smh at these Nigerian Christians, totally out of order.
If poverty wasn't a disease God wouldn't have sent His only begotten Son to preach The Gospel to the poor: Luke 4:18 !
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
If poverty wasn't a disease God wouldn't have sent His only begotten Son to preach The Gospel to the poor: Luke 4:18 !

So why did Jesus say , " the poor you will always have with you " and Paul and the apostles admonish us to take care of them ?

smh.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Lordlexy: 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The so called word preached there is a twisted and false gospel and the miracls are always unverifiable.
If you are truely a pastor, i seriously pity you and your members. Your post make mockery of the Holy Ghost. How do you detect if the miracles are unreal or the messages are fake? Until u clearify this, may God have mercy on you.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gombs:

And you are wiser than Adeboye's over 10million brethren world wide..or his over 1million brethren on that camp ground. Oya clap for yourself, your own holyspirit is obviously super than Adeboye's I guess. I'm a Nigerian Christian, and I'm not clueless.

And BTW, did Adeboye ask you to see his secretary? If yes, I stil don't understand your beef..if no, I still don't understand your beef.
And what do u mean by 'your own holy spirit is super than that of Adeboye'? I guess it is the 'super holy spirit' that is misleading our spiritual leaders in all aspect then, everyting about the bible has been turnd upside down and they all claim to have the holy spirit. Who is decievn who? Even christians are enemies of themselves nw.....talk of celestial church, C and S, Anglican, CAC and so many more.....different churches with different view of the bible...yet the spiritual leaders are filled with the 'super holy spirit' like u said!
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
jpiliya:
please name one righteous billionaire and I will tell you whats unrighteous about his billions
When did you become Octopus #FaultFinder please?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gombs:

Sir with due respect, exercise civility, insults aint necessary. Meanwhile, this is what God said in Isaiah 54v2 NLT
"Enlarge your house; build an addition. Spread out
your home, and spare no expense!

If this doesn't satisfy your contentious post, I'd simply conclude that you chose to be ignorant. If God could say this about our house, then imagine much more for his house. No wonder Solomon gathered all those materials at "ridiculous cost" to build God's house.

And edify me on why you said it's a once a year unnecessary activity ?
Are you God? Or his protocol officer?
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
And I put it to you that a Born Again Christian today is greater than King Solomon of old! If a Born Again Christian is greater than solomon how much more a G.O. of RCCG?
In what aspect are u judging 'the man of God' from? What makes u think you are not greater than him in God's presence? This is obviously another Naija mentality about our pastors...we exalt them more than ourselves before God! As far as am concernd I am the number one citizen of christ, I dunno about my pastor
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by PastorKun(m): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
pst steve :
I don't think u are a believer that know what heaven is saying at this moment. Let ur brain connect to heaven's vision

I am quite certain that heaven's vision has absolutely nothing to do with this pathetic empire building exercise embarked on by rccg.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Vicconero: 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
[quote author=Joagbaje]I don't see a reason why any grown man with common sense should criticize a minister for expanding the church building . It's african poverty mentality simply put. And the critics are hypocrites.

2 Kings 6:1-2
And the sons of the prophets said to Elisha, “See now, the place where we dwell with you is too small for us. Please, let us go to the Jordan, and let every man take a beam from there, and let us make there a place where we may dwell.”
So he answered “Go.”

It's a simple common sense to expand if the place become small . Even if the place is not yet small and you perceive the tendency of over flow soon you start making plans immediately. Is it when rain begin to fall on women and children you start to run to and fro? Haba!

[/na wah]
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by walexbiz(m): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
Pele O ojogbon, have you considered the circumstances that must've warranted the decision @boldened? Please, get your facts right before pouring vile utterances on God's anointed!
Meanwhile: your criticisms are all welcome! Daddy G.O knew this even before it happened. So, that's not gonna stop him nor will it stop God from doing his will!

sorry oooo how morally is it for someone to use hard earned money to build church auditorium all in the name that the church auditorium is getting filled up. Also its coming at a time when millions of their worshiper are wallowing in abject poverty and yet they don't seem to ameliorate the present state of their members. lets ask ourselves this simple question how do you feel if you father should say why i need to buy a hundred shoe just to justify the need for a new shoe at the expense of your feeding and education.

the only difference between Nigerian pastor and a pastor from a developed country is, that while the latter is doing Gods work by improving the lives of the member of its church the former is doing Gods work by malnourishing members from its church. Anyway the bible say my people perish for the lack of knowledge.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by berryoflife(f): 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
i no know why the matter dey pain una, he didnt force anyone to donate so why is it pinching u? the conclusion of the whole matter is that come august 2014 or even before, the auditorium would have been completely built whether u like it or not so u guys should take a chill pill.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel:

So why did Jesus say , " the poor you will always have with you " and Paul and the apostles admonish us to take care of them ?

smh.
What you're referring to happened when a lady poured a bottle of expensive perfume on Jesus before His crucifixion and one of His apostles (Judas I think) was like, "Haah the money from that oil could feed the poor in our congregation" thus that reply from The Master. He said that because ministry is a continuous venture(If Christ tarry): you win people to Christ, build them up, they get empowered and then you send them out to do the same. When Jesus said, "the poor you'll always have with you" He meant the poor will always come into or look up to the church, now that didn't mean that, that one who gets Born Again will remain poor after been built up and enlightened into the riches he/she have in Christ Jesus: that though He was rich yet He became poor, that us through His being poor might be rich!
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
When did you become Octopus #FaultFinder please?
when people start defending unholy acts claiming righteous richest..... imagine oh... when jesus told us it will be easier for camel to enter eye of needle than for rich man to enter heaven ... person want come tell me say holy riches dey
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Folksyharry(m): 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
In the Old Testament era, the people only have one place to worship(the temple in Jerusalem). But when Christianity started, the church spread to so many places and this saved the people the stress of going to Jerusalem only to worship. But today pastors want to have headquarters and take the place of Jesus Christ as the Founder of the Church. If Adeboye founded the church then he has laid another foundation which does not align with what Apostle Paul said in 1Cor3:11.
My point in the whole is that if we understand that we can worship God anywhere and it will be acceptable, then we'll Know that it is a total waste of fund to spend that amount of money on a church building when members can worship God acceptably anywhere and save themselves long hours of driving to a central worship center.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Originalsly: 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Joagbaje: I don't see a reason why any grown man with common sense should criticize a minister for expanding the church building . It's african poverty mentality simply put. And the critics are hypocrites.

2 Kings 6:1-2
And the sons of the prophets said to Elisha, “See now, the place where we dwell with you is too small for us. Please, let us go to the Jordan, and let every man take a beam from there, and let us make there a place where we may dwell.”
So he answered “Go.”

It's a simple common sense to expand if the place become small . Even if the place is not yet small and you perceive the tendency of over flow soon you start making plans immediately. Is it when rain begin to fall on women and children you start to run to and fro? Haba!

Mr Grown Man with common sense....they went to Jordan and fetch logs themselves.Did they have logs available to extend their cabin? No..they had to go fetch logs. Does pastor Adeboye church have enough finance to extend the auditorium? No?...do you ever hear of the church financial status? Why is the church always bleeding money from its members for every project? "One eye man is king in blind man country"
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by pastorprosper(m): 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
striktlymi: I understand some of the complaints people put forth...

1) The building he has currently, can take upto a million people, I think.

2) There are other RCCG Churches all about, hence there is no pressing need to build a bigger one because the people have other places of worship.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by pastorprosper(m): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
I can see u are a devil inspired by jealousy. So your beef is that all the members prefer his own church BA? Idioooot.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Olacharles: 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Anyboby supporting Adeboye on this issue needs to get his/her head examined!
I'm not surprised anyway, afterall people supported and still supporting rev KING!
some are even liking him to Jesus Christ who was wrongly accused and crucified.
one thing that is sure is that no matter how bad you are as a leader you will
surelly have supporters, worse still, no matter how precarious or warp your reasoning or
belief is you will surely find a verse in the bible as a reverence point
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Olodo tongue trust you to come out and defend all the wrong practises going on in churches. If they were just planning an expansion the outrage won't be this much rather they are planning to build a brand new auditorium at a ridiculous cost so that they can accommodate more people in their annual convention. A once a year unnecessary activity
just shut up
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
walex_biz:

sorry oooo how morally is it for someone to use hard earned money to build church auditorium all in the name that the church auditorium is getting filled up. Also its coming at a time when millions of their worshiper are wallowing in abject poverty and yet they don't seem to ameliorate the present state of their members. lets ask ourselves this simple question how do you feel if you father should say why i need to buy a hundred shoe just to justify the need for a new shoe at the expense of your feeding and education.

the only difference between Nigerian pastor and a pastor from a developed country is, that while the latter is doing Gods work by improving the lives of the member of its church the former is doing Gods work by malnourishing members from its church. Anyway the bible say my people perish for the lack of knowledge.
@boldened 1: It is a moral thing to do! The question is are the contributors to that Church building complaining about loosing their hard earned cash?
@boldened 2: where do you get that from? Amnesty international? I think you should go and do your do a survey then give us a feedback!
@boldened 3: The question is, does your dad have more than two legs! We're talking of a overcrowded congregation here not a man with many legs and few shoes!
@boldeded 3: Yes! That's the exact same reason why a lot of people have something against this development! I have three words for them: GO GET KNOWLEDGE!
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by boro43(m): 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
... but its not for you, if you dont have ! Meanwhile SALVATION is not for everybody !
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Folksyharry(m): 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

check the Biblical meaning of OVERSEER and you will discover that it has the same meaning as a BISHOP, ELDER, PASTOR, PRESBYTER and SHEPHERD. Then read 1Peter5:1-4. That passage makes us to understand that Christ is the Chief Shepherd(I hope you'll not argue that CHIEF here cannot mean GENERAL). So if Christ is the GENERAL OVERSEER, who are the general overseers we see today?
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by luluosas(m): 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
superior1:

And you think he didn't know of this before making that announcement or you feel you are simply smarter than he is?
So, it is now smartness! No wonder our churches have become dens of thieves these days.
My friend, forget that bushit you are spewing from your mouth here. In case you don't know, RCCG parishes are folding up elsewhere for their inability to pay common N1,000 monthly rental fees. Who is deceiving who?
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by IYANGBALI: 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
Take it or leave it,this is one of the reasons people use pens to rob and do all sort of shady deals in this country everybody wants to be in his pastor and imam,s good book,which at the end of the day would not take them to heaven. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE COMES HERE TO TELL US,THIS IS THE BITTER TRUTH.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by IYANGBALI: 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
luluosas:
So, it is now smartness! No wonder our churches have become dens of thieves these days.
My friend, forget that bushit you are spewing from your mouth here. In case you don't know, RCCG parishes are folding up elsewhere for their inability to pay common N1,000 monthly rental fees. Who is deceiving who?
pls tell them
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
jpiliya:
when people start defending unholy acts claiming righteous richest..... imagine oh... when jesus told us it will be easier for camel to enter eye of needle than for rich man to enter heaven ... person want come tell me say holy riches dey
Read your bible well! Jesus was referring to rich folks who can't let go of their riches to follow Christ; remember Jesus' reply to that rich young ruler before He made that statement! Ok, if riches is a sure ticket to hell, then I'll suggest you throw that your phone to the next beggar you find, dash out all your extra clothes and shoes, stop investing to increase your finance and work for the money that'll feed you one day at a time only just to make heaven!
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by mars123(m): 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
Everyone looks but see differently!I know fully well that Adeboye didn't do anything wrong and donation is voluntary...BUT,take a look at your society.Nigeria is still a country with polio,poverty,diseases and every bad thing you could think off...we get foreign aids for polio et al.
And we gat billions spent on an auditorium...I guess we are waiting for Bill Gates to help the country to eradicate polio and help Nigerian poor farmers!when the churches(which is a big deal in this wicked nation)is fully capable!
The matter for this country dey tire me!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"Your Baby Is A Snake" - Delta Pastor Tells Woman As She Dumps Her Baby (Pics) / Pastor David Chuks Ogbueli Celebrates His 52nd Birthday Today - Memoir / I Have Repented From GAYISM, Jesus Be Praised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.