Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Adeboye Is Not Wrong - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Is Not Wrong (36603 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / Pastor Adeboye Is A Gay Cultist - Kemi Olunloyo (The Former Governor's Daughter) / Daddy Adeboye Is Innocent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gombs:

And you are wiser than Adeboye's over 10million brethren world wide..or his over 1million brethren on that camp ground. Oya clap for yourself, your own holyspirit is obviously super than Adeboye's I guess. I'm not a Nigerian Christian, and I'm not clueless.

That which is greatly admired in the sight of MEN is an abomination to God.

- Jesus

Also

The way to destruction is wide and multitudes prefer it.

- Jesus

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel: If you want to sow 1 billion see my personal secretary , if you want to sow 100 million see my personal secretary, anything less is acceptable but you cannot see my personal secretary undecided

Nigerian so called Christians are truly clueless.
did he mention that they could not see his secretary? Like Joe said, it might be for security. But i have this feeling that what he meant was, as regards to this issue, see my secretary.
Members can see the secretary for other issues. Or does the secretary not have an office?
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by alexleo(m): 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
Joagbaje: I don't see a reason why any grown man with common sense should criticize a minister for expanding the church building . It's african poverty mentality simply put. And the critics are hypocrites.

2 Kings 6:1-2
And the sons of the prophets said to Elisha, “See now, the place where we dwell with you is too small for us. Please, let us go to the Jordan, and let every man take a beam from there, and let us make there a place where we may dwell.”
So he answered “Go.”

It's a simple common sense to expand if the place become small . Even if the place is not yet small and you perceive the tendency of over flow soon you start making plans immediately. Is it when rain begin to fall on women and children you start to run to and fro? Haba!

Can't they expand by way of building attachments to the current place of worship? This of course will be a lot cheaper than building the 3km stuff which I consider a waste. That place only gets over populated when they have convention. So why waste money to build something that its use will be required once or twice a year and probably a week for each use? Meanwhile the 2 Kings 6 that you quoted is talking about a dwelling place. There is difference beteeen a house where people live and a worship ground where you spend a few hours and leave. Again we are no more in the old testament where God was pleased with costly tabernacle and we never saw the apostles talk about building magnificient house for God as we saw in the case of king Solomon rather they talked about our body being the temple of God and the need to keep it holy, they talked about taking care of the body of christ which is the brethren. Laying so much emphasis on building of tabernacle went away with the old testament. The emphasis is now redirected to our body as the tempLe of God and the body of Christ which is the brethren. Nobody is saying that expansion is not good but how it is done is the issue here. Thanks Jo.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Gombs(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel:

That which is greatly admired in the sight of MEN is an abomination to God.

- Jesus

Also

The way to destruction is wide and multitudes prefer it.

- Jesus

Jude 1v 10-11 NLT

10 But these people
scoff at things they do not understand. Like unthinking
animals, they do whatever their instincts tell them, and
so they bring about their own destruction. 11 What
sorrow awaits them!
For they follow in the footsteps of
Cain, who killed his brother. Like Balaam, they deceive
people for money. And like Korah, they perish in their
rebellion.

Na bible talk am..you are warned, if you never knew, you know now
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Gombs(m): 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
alexleo:

Can't they expand by way of building attachments to the current place of worship? This of course will be a lot cheaper than building the 3km stuff which I consider a waste. That place only gets over populated when they have convention. So why waste money to build something that its use will be required once or twice a year and probably a week for each use? Meanwhile the 2 Kings 6 that you quoted is talking about a dwelling place. There is difference beteeen a house where people live and a worship ground where you spend a few hours and leave. Again we are no more in the old testament where God was pleased with costly tabernacle and we never saw the apostles talk about building magnificient house for God as we saw in the case of king Solomon rather they talked about our body being the temple of God and the need to keep it holy, they talked about taking care of the body of christ which is the brethren. Laying so much emphasis on building of tabernacle went away with the old testament. The emphasis is now redirected to our body as the tempLe of God and the body of Christ which is the brethren. Nobody is saying that expansion is not good but how it is done is the issue here. Thanks Jo.

Izzit your money?

He called for people to bring monies, he didn't call your name, if you don't wanna give, no wahala...what then is your beef?
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
What am i still doing here? The case is settled. Stop whining... It would do no good.
*unfollows thread*
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by PastorKun(m): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
idnoble135: ^
You might as well fault the word and the miracles. Because the above listed two, do the advertising.

The so called word preached there is a twisted and false gospel and the miracls are always unverifiable.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gombs:

Jude 1v 10-11 NLT

10 Like Balaam, they deceive
people for money.
And like Korah, they perish in their
rebellion.

Na bible talk am..you are warned, if you never knew, you know now

Why did you miss out the part which says , "they deceive people for money " ?

Hypocrites !!

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
toba: I wouldnt blame you cos you made the comment based on what you feel which is against reality.

What i saw during the convention is beyond ordinary. The human beings at that camp would be in the gross sum of over 2million. People on the road and not under the camp shed must be over 500,000 thousand.

Pastor adeboye wants to avoid Stampede

The question here is quite simple: Must everyone be at the camp?

There are other cost effective ways of going about this.

If you tell me that is the only building RCCG owns then I will understand but c'mon we have a lot of other RCCG churches people can attend.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Gombs(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The so called word preached there is a twisted and false gospel and the miracls are always unverifiable.

State your criteria that terms a miracle as authentic or not. You would av questioned Jesus' miracles as unverified too. I'm certain you've never seen a miracle
Ie lame walk and blind see...if you've not seen, that doesn't mean they aint real or verifiable

Anyways, Jesus said this about your likes in Mark 7v13 NKJV

13 "making the word of God of no effect through your
tradition which you have handed down. And many such
things you do.”
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by PastorKun(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
To those who think they are contributing to build a house for God by dashing rccg their money, this passage may enlighten you.
Acts 17
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Joagbaje(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
alexleo:

Can't they expand by way of building attachments to the current place of worship? This of course will be a lot cheaper than building the 3km stuff which I consider a waste. .

It doesn't matter if its only once a year. A building is required . Secondly the wider a building is the higher the roof or head room ought to be. Several things are required in large building . More toilets etc , so an entire work is required . Spaces, isles crowd movement ll have to be calculated, fire escape , emergency exit. Etc etc. I'm surprised Nigerians in diasporal can't understand these technical things .

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by alexleo(m): 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
Joagbaje:

Have you asked his reason? . The only reason he could have done that is for security reasons. . Besides those are the major people he needed for the work , the others were only being given opportunities to be blessed as well , so as not to deny them. Will a million crowd go to see secretary ? Can he or she cope with the crowd? You wan kill am?

Thats why the bible says not to judge . You don't know the motive of a mans heart . Leave judgement to God let's you sin.

The very day these men of God will make themselves not to be worshiped by the congregation this security issues will be solved. My church convention attracts a population of within the range of +ne hundred thousand people(which of course is quite lower than that of Redeemed) and our G.O. Walks around the place just like any other person with nobody following him or people worshiping him. Pastors should begin to orientate their congregation on the need to see them as fellow human. Preach it in your sermon with the bible that one is our master and that is Jesus. One should be worshiped and that is Jesus. Our G.O in our world headquarters in U.S joins the cue like anybody in the cafeteria to get his food. Your pastors are sometimes too far away from the congregation and that's why they worship them. These things are not to be seen in the house of God. They are seen in the secular world and the church leadership mustnt behave like them.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
^ ^

Bro , they worship these mere men like gods and will defend their idols with their last breath.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Gombs(m): 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel:

Why did you miss out the part which says , "they deceive people for money " ?

Hypocrites !!

So your beef is that "he's deceiving people for money"?

My question now is, are you better thinking/living than those who'd give in their hundrends, thousands, millions and billions?
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gombs:

So your beef is that "he's deceiving people for money"?

My question now is, are you better thinking/living than those who'd give in their hundrends, thousands, millions and billions?

I live a happy content and rewarding life , I do not pay tithes or money into building funds , hoping to reap a financial harvest , my harvest is using my God given brain to work and earn a decent wage.

And yes , people are being exploited for money.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Gombs(m): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pastor Kun: To those who think they are contributing to build a house for God by dashing rccg their money, this passage may enlighten you.
Acts 17
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

Nobody said God lives in the temples or churches. Ok, you saying david was crazy wen he wanted to build God a house? If you don't build God a house where would the brethren meet according to heb 10v25? Did the early church had a meeting place? If yes, then what's your point?

The church is built no for God to live there, but for his brethren to meet, break bread (communion), encourage each other, teach, etc
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Standing5(m): 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
True talk OP.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Gombs(m): 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel: ^ ^

Bro , they worship these mere men like gods and will defend their idols with their last breath.

We don't worship them, we imitate them. Heb 6v 12
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Joagbaje: I don't see a reason why any grown man with common sense should criticize a minister for expanding the church building . It's african poverty mentality simply put. And the critics are hypocrites.

2 Kings 6:1-2
And the sons of the prophets said to Elisha, “See now, the place where we dwell with you is too small for us. Please, let us go to the Jordan, and let every man take a beam from there, and let us make there a place where we may dwell.”
So he answered “Go.”

It's a simple common sense to expand if the place become small . Even if the place is not yet small and you perceive the tendency of over flow soon you start making plans immediately. Is it when rain begin to fall on women and children you start to run to and fro? Haba!

Not when you have branches all over Lagos and Nigeria.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Isiterere(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
Gbam! But they wount listen! The cost involved go dey pinch them! Unknown to them is the fact that there's danger in criticising any Man of God for any reason whatsoever, here's a thread that expounded more on that: http://ww.nairaland.com/1386645/dangers-christian-criticism
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by PastorKun(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
Joagbaje:

It doesn't matter if its only once a year. A building is required . Secondly the wider a building is the higher the roof or head room ought to be. Several things are required in large building . More toilets etc , so an entire work is required . Spaces, isles crowd movement ll have to be calculated, fire escape , emergency exit. Etc etc. I'm surprised Nigerians in diasporal can't understand these technical things .

Mr Agbaje stop this crap angry what they are build is a an over sized shed and not a building per se and there is not nothing complicated about it. Also you just exposed your complex for Nigerians in dispora whom you assume should be more exposed than those at home.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Gombs(m): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva:

Like seriously??

Done with the thread...*unfollows thread
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Isiterere(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
Gbam! But they wount listen! The cost involved go dey pinch them! Unknown to them is the fact that there's danger in criticising any Man of God for any reason whatsoever, here's a thread that expounded more on that: http://ww.nairaland.com/1386645/dangers-christian-criticism
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gombs:

We don't worship them, we imitate them. Heb 6v 12

We imitate Christ not MOG who wine and dine with corrupt politicians who in turn enact wicked laws that impoverish and enslave the people.

Sickening.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gombs:

And you are wiser than Adeboye's over [b]10million [/b]brethren world wide..or his over 1million brethren on that camp ground. Oya clap for yourself, your own holyspirit is obviously super than Adeboye's I guess. I'm a Nigerian Christian, and I'm not clueless.

And BTW, did Adeboye ask you to see his secretary? If yes, I stil don't understand your beef..if no, I still don't understand your beef.

10 million ko 10 trillion ni.

How did you come about this figure?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Afam4eva(m): 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

10 million ko 10 trillion ni.

How did you come about this figure?
Lol grin You seem to have a strong aversion to people brandishing false figures like in the case of the guy who said the Lord's chosen was the most popular church in the east. I don't know why anyone would say redeem has over 10million members which makes them around 7% of Nigeria's population.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Did you research the miracles? Because most bring their medical reports from the hospitals. I guess the hospitals are also lying.
Pharisee!
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel:

We imitate Christ not MOG who wine and dine with corrupt politicians who in turn enact wicked laws that impoverish and enslave the people.

Sickening.

Even Paul admonished the saints to imitate him.
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
And whats wrong with that?
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
idnoble135:
Even Paul admonished the saints to imitate him.

As he imitated Christ, only 0.001% of Nigerian believers imitate Christ.

smiley
Re: Adeboye Is Not Wrong by nijanigga: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gombs:

Izzit your money?

He called for people to bring monies, he didn't call your name, if you don't wanna give, no wahala...what then is your beef?
It's our-Nigerian stolen money. Directly or indirectly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Adeboye's Disobedience Built A Global Brand - Leke Beecroft / Mbaka Anoints Obiano For Second Tenure, Governor Kneels On Altar (Photos, Video) / I Have Repented From GAYISM, Jesus Be Praised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.