Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,487 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

The Preacher's Son!!! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Preacher's Son!!! (503366 Views)

The Preacher's Son III: Diary Of A Player / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
Clemzy16: "impatiently waiting for the next update" By the way, how old are you currently in the story. . . ??!

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

I dont quite remember but i tink maybe 5-7yrs old
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Make i go for long break, i would be back in the eveningcheesywink. Peace
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by VivyGift(f): 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
The rock5555: Thanks @vivy gift, u be my elder sista namesake sef

@adegwurulez u do well by broda

Glad to hear that grin
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Clemzy16(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
The rock5555:

I dont quite remember but i tink maybe 5-7yrs old
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
ride on
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
Firstgentleman1: ride on

Thanks man
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
Update coming up now
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by demelza: 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
I hope there is free popcorn o!
Loving your story
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2013
How my mother came home was a miracle, she was aided by some muslim women who gave her a Hijab to cover and she pass over the roadblocks and came home.

"we have to find a way to escape"my mother told us.

That was when i remembered we were cooking rice and as a bad guy with food on my agenda. I said "mummy but how we go run when we never chop that rice na"

Nobody cared about the rice, what was on everyone's mind was how to escape from the burning compound.

We diversed a means to escape, we loaded about three big stones untop of each other and started climbing over the fence to our neighbours compound.

After a short time we made our way from our neigbours house into the streets of Jos.

We accepted a lift from a man who took us to a G.R.A, where Janets parents and her boarde a bus to their state(we havent heard from them till date). Ourselves went to my Dad's mission house to await him admist fear and anxiety.
MY DAD SIDE OF THE STORY

"I went out that day to evangelize in the city of Jos, i was putting on a white caftan and trousers, so when the riot started that fateful i was confused because i was putting on a caftan and i was in a christian neigbourhood.

"See one of them o" a man scream from nowhere and they pounced on me threatening to beat me up, what saved me that day was my I.D card which showed i was a man of God and i was left alone.

I quickly threw my caftan away and pick up a shirt i saw hanging on a rope and wore it, atleast God will understand its not stealing but sharp man:x.

My thoughts was about my wife and children, had they survive or not, i dont know. On my way i came across a group of fighters waiting to devour any wrong passerby who wasnt their religion.

A story was said about a muslim man who was caught by a squad of christian fighters, he was asked to complete the following words.

"In the name of the father, and of the son," what is the last part, he was asked. The man smiled and said "and of the mama". That was how the man visited his grand fathers that day.

Back to my story, After seeing the group of armed bandits i prayed only one prayer to God, that if His will for me has been fufilled, he should take me home but if i still have anything left to do in this world let His will be done.

I then walked up to the checkpoint and started going, noone even ask me a word they were just discussing like no one just pass them. Or was i a spirit or so i taught. Thank God theres God.

The next thing on my mind after passing the checkpoint were my kids, so i ran to my house at dodo street, in kwararafa junction, and saw my compound on fire, i quickly ran upstairs and saw the house empty.

My mind was at ease and in turmoil at the same time, one mind was glad they had escape and the other was on how they had fared and where they had gone to.
I ran into the kitchen and saw a pot of rice burning on the fire, i quickly took it down and warm the stew but there was no appetite to eat. I layed down in the kitchen waiting for morning to break and ways to escape from the house and look for my family.

Luckily a group of soldier men came to my area and dispersed the rioting group, so i quickly came out and started walking, the first place that came to my mind was my mission quaters.
I slept that night dreaming about my dad and also thanking God i did not die nor did any of my siblings and i was also very happy that i would still have chance to marry an oyinbo woman(am still waiting for that prayer to be answered thou).

The next morning i woke up and went to brush my teeth with a chewing stick cus i forgot even my brush when we fleed, when i heard "Daddy, oyoyo" i turned and it was no other person than my dad standing hale and hearty but wearing a funny combination of clothes-a tee-shirt and a caftan trousers with slippers.

That was not my problem i was just glad he came, if not i would have joined the fatherless clan by now.

Lets skip that issue for another day and lets move forward a little....

5 Likes

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
demelza: I hope there is free popcorn o!
Loving your story

oboy u like beta tin o, anyway i appoint u usher so go carry some popcorn begin share 4 my pple starting 4rm oga foxycheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by wisdomw(m): 11:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
Guy Try update. Nice story sha,reading it frm on top of my babe, ooooh noooo!!! I didn't knw wen I cumed inside of her lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Valiantvaliant(m): 12:21am On Aug 20, 2013
Just when i finished watching a movie 'preacher's kid', i logged into nairaland and straight to literature section just to find the first topic to be yours. Coincidence you may say! Had you been born a day earlier we could have been birthday mates! same year too. Ride on bro.
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by adegwurulez(m): 12:43am On Aug 20, 2013
undecidedur fada na real james bond o... house dey on fire e dey go chop rice
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 8:21am On Aug 20, 2013
wisdom-w:
Guy Try update. Nice story sha,reading it frm on top of my babe, ooooh noooo!!! I didn't knw wen I cumed inside of her lipsrsealed undecided

Lol yeye boy don spoil me o
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 8:22am On Aug 20, 2013
Valiantvaliant: Just when i finished watching a movie 'preacher's kid', i logged into nairaland and straight to literature section just to find the first topic to be yours. Coincidence you may say! Had you been born a day earlier we could have been birthday mates! same year too. Ride on bro.

wow, dat means we suppose celebrate o
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 8:24am On Aug 20, 2013
adegwurulez: undecidedur fada na real james bond o... house dey on fire e dey go chop rice

U fit blame am, abi no im money he use buy the ricecheesy
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2013
Thanks to all those that commented, more updates coming up...cheesy
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2013
Location-Jos
Class-primary three

"Mummy am going to NTA(Nigerian Television Authorities) today o" i said excitedly.
"ok go and do well", thanks Ma.

I was so happy because i was just in class three but i was one of the ten pupils chosen to represent my school in a talk show, i kept on babbling about it to who ever wishes to hear.

The d-day finally arrived and we were packed and ready for the trip. When we got their i was so perplexed at the big cameras on display, i totally forgot all we rehearsed and wat was in my head was, "mehn i must be newscaster if i grow up".

"My friend come here" my aunty voice brought me back to reality, that was when i realised i had left the group and was diverting to other rooms.

The show started and we sat down on the ground whichmade me angry.
"So na so people go dey watch me sitdon for ground like i be small pikin"i angryly muttered.

Anyway the show started but i had lost interest in the show, i just sat their like a retired zombie looking at the camera and thinking of all the consumables waiting after the show.

"Ok kids, thats all for now, just tell you parents to tune in their stations at 4:00pm and they would see you all live" the show coordinator told us all.

We all went back to school bragging on how we went to NTA and did show, but i did not care to talk because if that show is watched i would be the laughing stock of the school the next day.

When i got home, everyone was congratulating me and were all eager to watch my show.

Time:3:50pm
"Daddy we get match o i wan go play ball for field"
"i taught your programme is by 4:00pm".
"Yes, but i don watch am already for there so i no wan watch am again"
"You are going to stay so that any big grammar you speak you would explain it for us" my mother chipped in her dry joke.

I had no choice but to wait for my crucifixtion time or so i taught.

Time:4:00

Everyone gathered to watch my Bleep up, i was already shaking when the program started and then.....

The next day i had become a hero in school, everyone was congratulating me and the rest of the group.

"Excuse me" an angelic voice interupted my thoughts, i turned around and saw an epitome of beauty.
"Ehm how can i help you"i starmered.
"i want us to be friends, whats your name".
My name is Peter and wats yours?
Its Tina.
Ok nice to meet you.

OMG, i was over the moon, i had just become friends with the most beautiful girl in my school.

Am sure you guys would be wondering what hapened to make me popular, well lets wait and see.

5 Likes

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Clemzy16(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2013
Guy u dey try no be small...the story dey do me lik jedi-jedi for body..sha do quick com update b4 i begin spray ogbolo s'hit for dis thread...

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Firstgentleman1(m): 11:15am On Aug 20, 2013
The rock5555:
Time:3:50pm
"Daddy we get match o i wan go play ball for field"
"i taught your programme is by 4:00pm".
"Yes, but i don watch am already for there so i no wan watch am again"

I am rotflmao. Shi*t up! Shi*t up!! Shi*t up!!! grin
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by kelz3264: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
cool write up bro..following faithfully u still dey J-town??
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
I don land for here oya THE ROCK fire dey go
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
Clemzy16: Guy u dey try no be small...the story dey do me lik jedi-jedi for body..sha do quick com update b4 i begin spray ogbolo s'hit for dis thread...

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

Make i catch u spray that foreign agent for here, i go organise boko tins 4 u
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
kelz3264: cool write up bro..following faithfully u still dey J-town??

i don port o, dont worry i go reach that side, just keep on following
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
Cute bliss: I don land for here oya THE ROCK fire dey go

I no go disappoint una
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
More update coming up, but make una not only read and waka try drop some encouragement
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by clockwise(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
It seems am in for an interesting ride, kip d flag flying

1 Like

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by demelza: 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
The rock5555:

oboy u like beta tin o, anyway i appoint u usher so go carry some popcorn begin share 4 my pple starting 4rm oga foxycheesy
Yeeeh!
E gba mi! Me usher?
Mind ya self o!
By the way I aint a boy.
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
demelza:
Yeeeh!
E gba mi! Me usher?
Mind ya self o!
By the way I aint a boy.

sorry my oga at the top, oya go high table sharp sharp
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
I promised myself to read the whole of the new testament bible in one whole month, which i did excatly, i was so elated and proud of my small brain(as if i did not jump some boring chapters8-)).

After that i jumped abi na bounced to my wife house Tina, in my stupid brain i taught we had married already, i was always forming macho dude and bodyguard.

Tina was also a pastor's daughter, our overseer daughter to be precise, we were in the same class and area, we always act husband and wife in our kiddies drama. She had two elder brothers who never stop to amaze me with their wonderful acts, one of those was bringing smoke out of their mouths, what confused me was that no matter how i tried smoke never came out of mine,
"May be its because am small thats why" i always comfort my self. Another thing was their ability to whistle(to make a bed like sound with their mouths). Thats an issue for another day.

That fateful day, i took Tina for a walk and started bragging when i saw a dog house, with little puppies in it.

"Me i go fit go touch those dogs o" i said proudly as a real akwa ibom man.
"Me am afraid of dogs o but go touch am make i see"

I walked boldly to the dog house feeling like a king cus my wifey dey my back, nothing hapened untill i got near the cage and started playing with the dogs then i heard a sound that made my heart stop for 23seconds.

"Uuurghhh" i don die today...........
So are you still wondering what hapened in the concluding part of my last post, i go yarn una, dont worry.
we all sat down and the program writings came up and the presenter started speaking:

"Good day listeners, this the program 'kiddies time' and today with me here are the children of Ecwa primary school, Dadin kowa, they are going to be introducing theirselves starting from you over there(pointing to me)".

"My name is uduak peter" i dryly answered, that moment the whole house looked at me with pride in their eyes and they were hailing me.
In my mind i said, just watch the program finish na, una tounge go dry with yabbing me.

After all the introductions of names, the presenter ask the first question...... Just then. Oh God Nepa una don Bleep up everyone cried out apart from me who was so excited and an idea came into my mind.
"Make una no worry, i go tell una wetin happen all", i stared forming the questions we were ask and bringing out the answers, if i answer anyone i would say, it was i that answered it in the t,v and they were all foolishly hailing me(i thank God that none of my family members are on NL, my secret for don exposewink).

By 4:25pm, nepa brought back the light and we quickly rearranged and on our 'president' black and white t.v in time to hear the presenter say
"thank you all for your viewing pleasure" we wish you have learnt alot from this our chldren this evening. Stay tuned till next time. Thank you.
Nepa had saved my as's that day.

It seems that the whole
metropolisis did not have light the same time ours was interupted, so our group were called the next day to the assembly ground to present everything to the school.
I thundered everybodydown by answering almost all the questions, which made me a local hero among my teachers and other students.

If that it was the time i started using twitter and facebook, i would have gotten alot of friend request and followers, because before that school day was over i had gathered alot of friends, and i had alot of love letters. Lol.

I did not care about any of the girls because i just talk to the most beautiful of them....Tinacheesy

"Ehen back to my dog tales" BeRightBack

4 Likes

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by breadplanet(f): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hehehehehehe... Just reminded me of my younger brother's own, he ran away when we got to NTA and then fell ill later in the evening when the program was being aired! And of course i didnt appear either cos i had to go look for him. Lolsss. Nice work.
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
breadplanet: Hehehehehehe... Just reminded me of my younger brother's own, he ran away when we got to NTA and then fell ill later in the evening when the program was being aired! And of course i didnt appear either cos i had to go look for him. Lolsss. Nice work.

LMFAO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (154) (Reply)

Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Man Wey Dey Reason / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.