Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,993 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? (11511 Views)

“don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye / Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
But Igbo men stingy Sha. Aka gums! grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Ngokafor(f): 10:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
..as in ha na gba uche na nkpo too much grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by vivianc(f): 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce: But Igbo men stingy Sha. Aka gums! grin

You don dey find trouble o. grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
vivianc:

You don dey find trouble o. grin grin grin

Am telling you, always thinking about investment and containers grin...
Na only nkwobi and isi ewu dem Sabi chop.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce: But Igbo men stingy Sha. Aka gums! grin

igbo men?
Stingy to their wives and children?
Lie of the millenium.
If there is any grp of men that can do anything to make sure their families dont beg, its the igbo men biko.
Amaghi m ihe some ppl na-ako na thread a.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

lol.
But then, who is he making d investments for?
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ngokafor: ..as in ha na gba uche na nkpo too much grin grin

No time for stingy ppl around me abeg. There is love in giving. Dem go use excuse say dem wan try the girl wether she is materialistic. Rubbish I say! Voooooooooommmm, na my tyre screeching be dat grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by ikekings(m): 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
ngozievergreen:

igbo men?
Lie of the millenium.
If there is any grp of men that can do anything to make sure their families dont beg, its the igbo men biko.
Tomato jos!!! Tell dem biko!!!
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
ngozievergreen:

igbo men?
Lie of the millenium.

And you think life is only putting food on the table. Na so the wives go dey fat dey go. Too much food. Like I said, na only food dem Sabi give cool
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
ngozievergreen:
lol.
But then, who is he making d investments for?

He is making it for himself. When he dies, watch as his brothers and far cousins come diving to get his property. Leaving the wives to their mercies. grin

I no follow for dat kin one abeg
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by vivianc(f): 10:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
vivianc:

grin grin grin grin

U Berra make change of plans now...if you eventually marry one, invest in treadmill. You will thank me later. And know, no more party for you. Na nollywood channel you go dey watch as life pass you by. Very boring ppl tongue
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Ngokafor(f): 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

He is making it for himself. When he dies, watch as his brothers and far cousins come diving to get his property. Leaving the wives to their mercies. grin

Lmao!...bikonu anyi na emebo kwa umu nwanne anyi nwoke ebea lipsrsealed...
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Ngokafor(f): 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

No time for stingy ppl around me abeg. There is love in giving. Dem go use excuse say dem wan try the girl wether she is materialistic. Rubbish I say! Voooooooooommmm, na my tyre screeching be dat grin

grin grin grin grin grin..i don laugh tire for here..
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by vivianc(f): 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

Na this one dey vex me pass grin grin

I don't know of other tribes o, but when it comes to generousity, give it up for Ijaw guys. Them go flex you, be you gf or wiefy and i'm not talking about just food o, good things of life jare.

Ijaw men don't guard their money like igbo men. So far the money dey, you go enjoy am and you won't hear any complain o.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
The graduate ones, will have 1 million and would invest 950,000 naira. grin

The business ones will carry all their money go buy goods.

During lunch, see dem joining you to eat because ...courtesy demands you say" pls join me"

cheesy

Hmmm, you can cook o, you be really wife material o...blah blah blah.

Gone are those days. Maybe they have changed now tongue
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
vivianc:

Na this one dey vex me pass grin grin

I don't know of other tribes o, but when it comes to generousity, give it up for Ijaw guys. Them go flex you, be you gf or wiefy and i'm not talking about just food o, good things of life jare.

Ijaw men don't guard their money like igbo men. So far the money dey, you go enjoy am and you won't hear any complain o.

Ijaw men, they will use their last money to buy Porsche , then will burrow money to fuel it. cheesy
Be careful of them, dem Sabi owe ppl money die
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
vivianc: Lol! People are really funny, you know we choose the aspect of life and statistic that go down well with us. Isn't it funny?

I used "most" by the way. "I think most Igbo guys................"

I think statistics is a useless course. If we can't really on its method then it is useless. I don't see statistics studying the whole population before making deductions, it only studies an integral part or sample of any given population be it animal or things to make deductions which are often times very correct.

That people are known for some traits doesn't mean there ain't no exception.

Generalization is a human phenomenon. We use it all the time, be it in our studies and researches and whatnot. The question is how valid is it?

For instance, the saying that "igbo girls like money." is a generalization based on some informal research. Is it valid? Yes! We can deny it all we want but its the fact. But are there exceptions? Yes! There are!

For instance, Anambra men are less stingy than Imo men. Attend their weddings and find out. We call them money miss road grin grin but they are also more arrogant and egocentric. Are there exceptions? Hell yes!

These 2 environment; Igbos and Ijaws are my relevant environment. I study and observe them and my findings might be different from another person's findings, but that doesn't make any of them invalid.

But then again, we can choose to play blind and look the other way or be unrealistic. It doesn't change a fact.

It's like u studied statistics or metrics! What u said is somewhat true but then bear in mind that the higher your sample size, the better your statistical predictions or say confidence. Ogugua also made sense in that she doubts your degree of confidence due to your sample size. However, your case improves a bit because u live in ijaw land. Both of you are right. So I guess its safer to say most times than not ijaws are...
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
vivianc: grin grin so because you live in the US, that makes you more knowledgeable and enlightened that we in Nigeria. grin Taa gbafuo gi there. Ihukwa alika na inyi muscle.

So miss i too know, tell me, how exactly is statistics used in researches? I bet when they want to study Uniben students, they study all of them one by one huh? grin So since its impossible because of let's say due to large population or its operational cost, when they study a sample of the population, their findings should be discarded cos "there's only lack of knowledge and enlightenment."

There is nothing like valid generalization, huh? grin grin but there is something like valid findings? Yes! Provided the findings are based on un-biasness, non-error, etc. It is valid. If these valid findings can be relied on in making decisions, it is reliable.

I called typical igbo guys stingy, egocentric and difficult, hell yes they are. With exceptions to those that didn't spend their entire lives in igboland, say maybe those in the diaspora.

Go to Main Market, osha and Ariaria, Aba, get a sample from these areas and a sample from Igbo guys who have stayed outside Igboland and study them, simples. The findings will never be the same because of some environmental factors.
People of all tribes have their unique flaws. But how dare me point the ones i know out, right? Yorubas and Hausas have their own flaws too but i don,t know. I haven't studied them. I know a couple of yoruba and Hausa people but they don't constitute enough sample size for me.

Nne, you really need to get off your highhorse, cos contrary to what you feel about yourselve, you don't know it all. Sometimes, you don't even come close.

What does where I live have to do with anything? I don't think anything of myself. If having a conflicting view is enough for me to be miss to know and whatever else you wrote in your synopsis, then I now know not to quote you again.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by cdamsel(f): 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

Ijaw men, they will use their last money to buy Porsche , then will burrow money to fuel it. cheesy
u seem 2 know dem well grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

Nne oma I beg to disagree with you on this one.

I am a living witness. My own blood brother who died in a mysterious accident last year was a very successful young man.

The very day he died, I and my most senior brother drove straight to his company at ikeja to lock the compound to avoid looting and to give him some respect cos my heart was filled with pains that very day...we also drove to his workshop to count the newly bought cars he brought from US that were being fixed to be sold...and we also locked his car shop and ordered all the workers to stop work and tenants to stop operation.

But people from other tribes started carrying rumours that his brothers have come to steal and carry his properties becos his wife is still in the village cos they travelled home for xmas...though all of us did.

Fortunately and unfortunately he married a yoruba lady who gave him trouble till death, but right now she is now doing all the things she refused to do while my bro was alive. She now drive the kids to school, cook, etc while hired chefs and driv does those b4.

Back to my objection. My name was on his next of kin. He owned properties, one of his buildings here in Lag was priced 100mil naira plus a week b4 he died cos he was planning to sell it and build another at Chevron estate.

He had cash...etc...I personally refused to partake in any of his cash/properties...my parents never cared, all my siblings said his properties/business/investments should be protected/preserved for his children who are still tender.

His lawyer, a Yoruba man refused and said he can't believe we are Igbo tribe...that no...that we can't leave everything for the wife to manage, that there must be a committee....letter of admin to include, myself, another brother and the wife to be general overseer of his businesses and investments.

Ever since that thing was constituted, I have never participated....I can't see myself dragging what my beloved late brother left...when I still feel he is alive and feel like bringing him back. Same with all my siblings.

My mom's problem is just to be seeing the kids...to ensure they are well trained and not trained the wrong west way....but none of my family member interferes. His wife is and has been the one handling everything...we only go to visit the kids and to give them a sense of love from their father's end.

So forget all those movies u guys watch cos I have a friend same happened to his brother and they did same thing we did.

As for those saying Igbo men are stingy, that's fallacy. They can be towards their girlfriends, but not with their children, wife and mother. Igbo men are the most caring men in the world....but we still have our flaws like other tribes...but stingy, hell to the NO!!! Lol

igbo siblings collecting their late brother's properties, its all fallacy generated by Nollywood to sell their movies...it happens in rare cases.

The only thing Igbo people fight for when their son dies is his children, assuming he married a non-igbo woman. Becos most non-igbo women married to igbo men do flee with the kids to their hometown...which is the major reason igbo men fear to marry non-igbo women.

Goodnight fellowssmiley
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
cdamsel: u seem 2 know dem well grin

Knowing ppl is my job grin

Studying them I cherish...
Time to sleep jor. Good night smiley
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
Yes, I have dated girls from different countries. But I must confess I feel much more comfy with an ibo girl and hence the desire to marry only igbo.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by vivianc(f): 11:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

U Berra make change of plans now...if you eventually marry one, invest in treadmill. You will thank me later. And know, no more party for you. Na nollywood channel you go dey watch as life pass you by. Very boring ppl tongue

grin grin chei, I don laugh sotey my head hurts. You are very right jare. If i'm to use my business head, Ijaw man all the way. Once i'm married to one, i'd have a shot at their civil service employment. If i can smile my way to the post of an accountant with the connection of my husband? Babe i don hammar be that o. Do you know how many billions come into Bayelsa every month? But then the guy has to have a detachable pe...nis, so that when he goes out, i will detach it and keep with me. If not eh.......na weapon of mass destruction be that o. And they are sharp shooters, the seed dey germinate fast fast. grin grin I no fit endure o, i go die of heart attack.

But my heart says Igbo, tho i'm being very careful and picky with them. Once i choose one, i go tie my wrapper very well for waist. grin where e dey hard most na when you begin play the good wife for them.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by cdamsel(f): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

Knowing ppl is my job grin

Studying them I cherish...
Time to sleep jor. Good night smiley
dat part is true,na them dey marry wife on credit,damn those guys re mean grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
vivianc:

grin grin chei, I don laugh sotey my head hurts. You are very right jare. If i'm to use my business head, Ijaw man all the way. Once i'm married to one, i'd have a shot at their civil service employment. If i can smile my way to the post of an accountant with the connection of my husband? Babe i don hammar be that o. Do you know how many billions come into Bayelsa every month? But then the guy has to have a detachable pe...nis, so that when he goes out, i will detach it and keep with me. If not eh.......na weapon of mass destruction be that o. And they are sharp shooters, the seed dey germinate fast fast. grin grin I no fit endure o, i go die of heart attack.

But my heart says Igbo, tho i'm being very careful and picky with them. Once i choose one, i go tie my wrapper very well for waist. grin where e dey hard most na when you begin play the good wife for them.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by dmcdad: 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
tpia@:

Oh, sorry for your pain then.

E go better.

I assume its a family problem?
Stop being lame and awkward... It doesn't tell good about you. I didn't state I had any problem per say. Infact my family is great if you must know. So, stop this thing of yours, it's immature.

Good night.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by vivianc(f): 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
nayef:

It's like u studied statistics or metrics! What u said is somewhat true but then bear in mind that the higher your sample size, the better your statistical predictions or say confidence. Ogugua also made sense in that she doubts your degree of confidence due to your sample size. However, your case improves a bit because u live in ijaw land. Both of you are right. So I guess its safer to say most times than not ijaws are...
nayef:

Yes, you are right. The higher the sample size the better your deductions. And I studied some aspects of statistics and behavioural science. It took me 5 solid years to study these people and i'm still studying them. I'm someone who studies people, due to this I have a way of relating with them. And i also study my relevant environment. If i'm not sure of things or not confident about things, i don't say.

Like I said earlier, i know nothing about Yoruba and Hausa people. Even tho I know a couple of people from there, they don't constitute a reasonable sample size for me.

Is the findings valid and reliable? There is only one way to find out. Carry out the research yourself! Don't worry, i can host you.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
vivianc:

Na wa o...my Igbo sisters are at it again ogrin money palavagrin

But wait o...when did Ijaw people became this rich to dash out easily abeg

Don't base ur judgment on now just becos an Ijaw man is ruling, GEJ. How many Ijaw people are rich When did their being rich started to compare their generosity with that of Igbo men Hmmmm....na wa o.

Pls o...wait, Jonathan will soon leave office and we will see how far with Ijaw men and making money to talk of giving to women generouslywink

Igbo men are the most generous men in the world, quote me anywhere. Igbo men labour day and night just to satisfy their children and wife. No other man in Naija caters for his wife/kids like an Igbo man. This was debated on a national radio and people phoned in frm diff angles, ppl frm diff tribes and they confirmed this.

Igbo men have their flaws, but not stinginess abeg. What makes ibgo men unique in marriage are:

1. They detaste divorce cos they value marriage, and family abhors divorce in Igbo land. Its not so rampant for an igbo man married to an igbo lady to divorce.

2. They take good care of their wife/kids. They are ready to borrow to make their wife/kids look sweet

3. They cherish igboland so much. Igbo men cherish home so much. You can't bury an igbo man in a foreign land, never!!! Its a taboo. And no matter where an igbo man lives, he must go back home when he becomes old.

So comparing Ijaw men to Igbo men when it comes to taking care of their women is wrong. Unless u are talking about giving generously to girlfriends and lovers, yes, igbo men hardly give to girlfriends...they can take her to any joint to eat/drink...but hardly give lump sum like the other tribes...but once u become his wife, then u are the benefactor infinitogrin

Lastly, an Igbo man doesn't need government help to make money. He doesn't rely on who is ruling...so long as there is life, an igbo man must make his millions from nothing, its a natural gift from God.

So stop making it look like Ijaw men have money like that to spend cos they are just arriving, and wait until Goodluck leaves and see how far b4 u decide ogrin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
vivianc:

Yes, you are right. The higher the sample size the better your deductions. And I studied some aspects of statistics and behavioural science. It took me 5 solid years to study these people and i'm still studying them. I'm someone who studies people, due to this I have a way of relating with them. And i also study my relevant environment. If i'm not sure of things or not confident about things, i don't say.

Like I said earlier, i know nothing about Yoruba and Hausa people. Even tho I know a couple of people from there, they don't constitute a reasonable sample size for me.

Is the findings valid and reliable? There is only one way to find out. Carry out the research yourself! Don't worry, i can host you.

Hmm.. Interesting! You sure u can host me??
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by vivianc(f): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

You know them jare. But you can tame them, that's why I said they are less difficult. Why do you think they like igbo girls die? Cos igbo girls would get hold of them and re-structure their lives.

Their lives are mysterous, they can be a tout who plays only draft today and gbam a commissioner tomorrow. So when the money starts coming in they get carried away. They don't think of investment, just enjoyment. Once you get hold of them, you can restructure them.

My only fear with most ijaw men is their wandering p...e....nises.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Deleted Off Blackberry Messenger: How Would You Feel? / Who Are The Pretty Girls/cute Guys On Nairaland / FC2 Female Condoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.