Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,363 members, 7,826,426 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? (11488 Views)

“don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye / Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by bethnals: 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
personally i dont think i can. Shared value and culture is very important if you will live with someone for that long. Also language is important to; i cannot be at home speaking english to my wife ooo.

So will you marry outside your tribe?
and if not
Why cant you marry outside your tribe?
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by pasqal09: 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
I can. I've always wanted to marry a yoruba or hausa woman. I find it cool.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Monicasque(f): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
honey old question. i have seen a similar thread here on nl b4. yes i would marry outside my tribe

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by dmcdad: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
Infact, I don't have a plan marrying someone from my tribe... Also, my home will be strictly English (RP).

All men with him own sha... But I need to cross-breed.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by alienware(m): 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
Asking this question shows, u are clearly narrow minded. I had always wanted to marry an ibo girl, i pray my dream will come true someday. Ibo girls are cool and are great cooks too, by the way i'm an igala from the north

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by mashnino(m): 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
yes and no...

yes..in d sense that i can marry a girl that is nt frm my tribe SPECIFICALLY..

and no.... in the sense that i can't marry any gal that is nt from the north..

atleast even if she can't speak my language..hausa is stil dere for us
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by cinammon(f): 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
I'm Totally No tribalist..i might have reservations about some tribes though especially if the guy turns out to be very tribalistic. I'm from the north and I cn totally marry from other tribes completely.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by bethnals: 9:09am On Sep 14, 2013
alienware: Asking this question shows, u are clearly narrow minded. I had always wanted to marry an ibo girl, i pray my dream will come true someday. Ibo girls are cool and are great cooks too, by the way i'm an igala from the north

theres nothing narrow minded here o. Just realism. For example It will be much harder for naija man to marry jamaican than naija woman; truth be told.

Anyway The question is not specfically in a naija question. But i guess by using 'tribe' many will think so.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by sweetBummsy(f): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2013
alienware: Asking this question shows, u are clearly narrow minded. I had always wanted to marry an ibo girl, i pray my dream will come true someday. Ibo girls are cool and are great cooks too, by the way i'm an igala from the north
criosly my bf is an igala boi nd am a yoruba grl. Igala pple r so authoritative.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by dmcdad: 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
^^^^ Lol
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
sweetBummsy: criosly my bf is an igala boi nd am a yoruba grl. Igala pple r so authoritative.
The light skinned girl in your pic is really cute
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
I enjoy speaking English in my relationship. find my language dull in such conversation.... o laugh when I speak my language and she tried replying but mutters jibberish
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
Monicasque: honey old question. i have seen a similar thread here on nl b4. yes i would marry outside my tribe

which tribe are you from?
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by sweetBummsy(f): 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
maxwello.yg:

The light skinned girl in your pic is really cute
awwwwww tnx. #blushn
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Toktee(m): 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
sweetBummsy: awwwwww tnx. #blushn
Stop finding fault frum him try hook up,the way i c u in d pic u ar in late 30s now babe
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Toktee(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
To my understanding,op have never in hix life time travel out of hiz jungle to any part of naija,so the display of village mentality.any well,my wife iz igbo,and am Tiv by tribe,oooooh God wht a sweet babe,iam enjoying my marriage on daily basis

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by sweetBummsy(f): 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
Toktee: Stop finding fault frum him try hook up,the way i c u in d pic u ar in late 30s now babe
30keh? Abeg o am stil a teenager o. No spoil market 4me
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
is igala a northern state? It is Kogi, which is clearly a middle belt

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yes, I can..I'm kalabari/rivers state.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Dollarjunkie: 1:09am On Sep 15, 2013
SLIDE waxie: is igala a northern state? It is Kogi, which is clearly a middle belt

Kogi is North Central when it comes to region.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Charbless(m): 3:16am On Sep 15, 2013
Wuldn't want to be speaking English in my marriage. I tink my Igbo tribe I good to go

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 15, 2013
Of course I can. I wouldn't want to marry someone who was just like me. It's nice learning different cultures and language wouldn't be a barrier. The children would be well-rounded too.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Mynd44: 6:26am On Sep 15, 2013
I want to marry someone from another galaxy.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 15, 2013
^^^ Your head dey there.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Mynd44: 6:38am On Sep 15, 2013
ogugua88: ^^^ Your head dey there.
grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by jmoore(m): 6:45am On Sep 15, 2013
woman na woman. why not? Black, white, pink, green, yellow......

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 15, 2013
I am a Yoruba Guy... I have no preference in as much as she is a lady and God is happy with it.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by bethnals: 8:49am On Sep 15, 2013
Toktee: To my understanding,op have never in hix life time travel out of hiz jungle to any part of naija,so the display of village mentality.any well,my wife iz igbo,and am Tiv by tribe,oooooh God wht a sweet babe,iam enjoying my marriage on daily basis

lol im a global citizen bro.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by UyiIredia(m): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2013
Yes I can marry outside my tribe.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by ichidodo: 9:20am On Sep 15, 2013
Oh boy,you are on a very long thing.The only way to hitch an igbo girl is to steal one.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 15, 2013
Lmao... Me no send oh. Na d love matter... But I don't see myself marrying from my tribe. I just lost the taste.

Will marry from my moma's tribe- Benin all the way!!!
dmcdad: Infact, I don't have a plan marrying someone from my tribe... Also, my home will be strictly English (RP).

All men with him own sha... But I need to cross-breed.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by vivianc(f): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2013
No. I'm Igbo and I do strictly Igbos. Infact, there are parts of Igbo I don't do sef.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? / A Young Guy Was Fingering Her Sugar Mummy In The Bus / Two Young Lovers Seen Locked Up In Thunderous Kiss In Ibadan..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.