Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,434 members, 7,843,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? (11529 Views)

“don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye / Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by vivianc(f): 12:10am On Sep 19, 2013
@Dailynews: I really have problem reply your posts, cos I don't want us to deviate from the issue at hand. So i'm gonna address few of your points.

1. Ijaws are rich as a state but poor individually. Let me explain. Not that they don't see the money, they do but majority of them don't invest, rather they squander. For instance, other tribes that came to BY when it was newly created made so much money, even most corpers that were posted there were not left out. Do you know why? While the Ijaw guys were squandering, other tribes were there to gather the money and invest. Those days people were picking money even from the bush. I remember my friend that served in one of the civil service offices (I won't mention name) saved more than 30mil within a year.

2. Ijaws started seeing money even before GEJ became president.

Right now even tho money doesn't flow like the way it used to during Alamco time, they are still generous.

And yes, they are not as hardworking as the igbos. Royalty and politics are what give them money but we are not talking about that, so let's not deviate.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 19, 2013
@Vivian, you are too intelligent for my liking cheesy

*whistling* baby fire dey goooo....baby oku grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by vivianc(f): 1:44am On Sep 19, 2013
ogugua88:

What does where I live have to do with anything? I don't think anything of myself. If having a conflicting view is enough for me to be miss to know and whatever else you wrote in your synopsis, then I now know not to quote you again.

First of all, no hard feelings. Whether you quote me again or not, I choputas not.

Having said that, people would always disagree but in a civil way. Your last 2 posts were quite insulting to say the least. Disagree with me but don't ridicule my intelligence, which you are fond of doing whenever people don't share your view, its bad and you of all people should know better.

We won't be here if not for your first failed attempt to ridicule my post. I said "I think most Igbo guys..................." The word "think" is enough to tell you that's my opinion. Have yours! If you wanna disagree with me, fine, but don't ridicule my intelligence.

No hard feelings, you are still my girl tho.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by MrsChima(f): 3:39am On Sep 19, 2013
Chillisauce: But Igbo men stingy Sha. Aka gums! grin

Yes!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by MrsChima(f): 3:39am On Sep 19, 2013
ikekings: Eeerrmmm... Who said igbo guys are stingy? We ain't stingy ooo... If there's one tin igbo guys are good at... That's spending money!!! Bia vivian kpachara anya gi ooo!!!

Lie!
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by ichidodo: 6:52am On Sep 19, 2013
Crown Prince: @Vivian, you are too intelligent for my liking cheesy

*whistling* baby fire dey goooo....baby oku grin
Don't even think about it **Cocks his A.K 47***
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 19, 2013
Chillisauce:

He is making it for himself. When he dies, watch as his brothers and far cousins come diving to get his property. Leaving the wives to their mercies. grin

I no follow for dat kin one abeg

not true.
No man works just for his brothers but for his family.
While he lives, who is he working for?
The part where d in-laws snatch everytn from d wife has happened in d past,but thats largely unfortunate.
No man plans it dat way
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 19, 2013
Chillisauce:

And you think life is only putting food on the table. Na so the wives go dey fat dey go. Too much food. Like I said, na only food dem Sabi give cool

and u think life is about starving them to death?
I give it to the igbo men biko.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by ikekings(m): 7:35am On Sep 19, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Lie!
Huh? Who be this one? This one wan follow claim like say she knows anything about igbo guys... Well, it's too bad mr chima is stingy... Like they say love conquers all... Keep loving him...
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 19, 2013
ngozievergreen:

and u think life is about starving them to death?
I give it to the igbo men biko.

Carry go jor!
My purpose in life no be food. So everybody enter wia love carry dem go. Just my opinion and observation
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 19, 2013
vivianc:

First of all, no hard feelings. Whether you quote me again or not, I choputas not.

Having said that, people would always disagree but in a civil way. Your last 2 posts were quite insulting to say the least. Disagree with me but don't ridicule my intelligence, which you are fond of doing whenever people don't share your view, its bad and you of all people should know better.

We won't be here if not for your first failed attempt to ridicule my post. I said "I think most Igbo guys..................." The word "think" is enough to tell you that's my opinion. Have yours! If you wanna disagree with me, fine, but don't ridicule my intelligence.

No hard feelings, you are still my girl tho.

Stop replying him na, we know wats up. 98% Igbo men stingy die. Hehheheehe
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 19, 2013
vivianc:

grin grin chei, I don laugh sotey my head hurts. You are very right jare. If i'm to use my business head, Ijaw man all the way. Once i'm married to one, i'd have a shot at their civil service employment. If i can smile my way to the post of an accountant with the connection of my husband? Babe i don hammar be that o. Do you know how many billions come into Bayelsa every month? But then the guy has to have a detachable pe...nis, so that when he goes out, i will detach it and keep with me. If not eh.......na weapon of mass destruction be that o. And they are sharp shooters, the seed dey germinate fast fast. grin grin I no fit endure o, i go die of heart attack.

But my heart says Igbo, tho i'm being very careful and picky with them. Once i choose one, i go tie my wrapper very well for waist. grin where e dey hard most na when you begin play the good wife for them.

Igbo men dey shoot oh! Babe leave that thing, the only difference is Ijaw dey accept the result, Igbo man go deal with the babe involved. E go reject him bastards pikin. Just to look cool to the community. Naija men Sabi shoot well well o. How u think say we reach 160 million cheesy grin...
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Ngokafor(f): 7:53am On Sep 19, 2013
...na waooo!!...see finishing!! shocked grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 19, 2013
Chillisauce:

Carry go jor!
My purpose in life no be food. So everybody enter wia love carry dem go. Just my opinion and observation

u are using the word 'food' so literally. My concept of food is figurative.
U use ur head.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 19, 2013
ngozievergreen:

u are using the word 'food' so literally. My concept of food is figurative.
U use ur head.
Ma friend move jor, why would you change the concept when you knew what I meant.

You can Change all you want to suit you, na u sabi
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by MrsChima(f): 11:38am On Sep 19, 2013
ikekings: Huh? Who be this one? This one wan follow claim like say she knows anything about igbo guys... Well, it's too bad mr chima is stingy... Like they say love conquers all... Keep loving him...

Lie!
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by ikekings(m): 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Lie!
Hmmm...
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hmm.marriage is not relationship. I will marry who ever completes me and back it up with prayer.as a woman,I know I need prayer to make my marriage stand,tribe or no tribe
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Sundiatakieta(m): 9:56am On Oct 25, 2015
bethnals:
personally i dont think i can. Shared value and culture is very important if you will live with someone for that long. Also language is important to; i cannot be at home speaking english to my wife ooo.

So will you marry outside your tribe?
and if not
Why cant you marry outside your tribe?

I am African American and I want an African woman simply because I enjoy other cultures and see my own women every damn day. If it was up to me I would want Ethiopian but all Africans are great it doesn't matter. I don't care about labels or being "exclusive."
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by teeslim: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
Marry out of tribe or marrying opposite religion.... Which one is better...or nothing is wrong with both...ur view pls
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by kaziblake(f): 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
I can marry from any tribe,yoruba,igbo,hausa,igala,benin anywhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IGBO Girl With Big Thighs Causing Commotion On Instagram With Her Massive IKEBE / The Interesting Culture Of Boobs Flashing At The Mardi Gras Festival, Brazil / **Dreads are Sexy (pics)**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.