Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. (35925 Views)

Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. / Amaechi Vs Akpabio Or If You Like APC Vs PDP (pic) / Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by emiye(m): 6:37am On Sep 15, 2013
plaindealer:

The 80% thing is BS, all that crap is nothing but a con game, you can not deliver anything after spending and throwing all your money away.

Today it's private jet, tomorrow it's luxury armor trucks, slush money in hotels, drawers, stolen, confiscated in the US, luxury jeeps to celebrities, sponsoring dozens of people to Dubai curtsey of the people of Akwa Ibom, keeping wife and kids comfortable in luxury all the way in Lagos, sponsoring political adventures all over the country....Dude is just too cold and heartless...

It is a shame sad sad sad, really.

Ever since the shout about his uncommon transformation, i have kept a tab on him, but the straw that broke the camels back was comparing him with fashola, i look at the money in his hands and the projects he was offering, i knew something was not adding up. Almost 7 years as Governor of Akwa-Ibom state, yet the revenue available to him fails to be directly proportional to his projects. It is a shame.

N.B Although, i rate him better than Uduaghan.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by naptu2: 6:51am On Sep 15, 2013
I haven't been able to go through all the posts, have you posted about the Great Wall of Lagos? I don't think that the government is gettinng the credit it deserves for that project.

Coastal erosion has been a problem since the 1970s and no government has been able to solve it. It actually falls under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government, but they've done nothing to solve the problem. For the first time a solution has been found and it is The Great Wall of Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by emiye(m): 6:54am On Sep 15, 2013
naptu2: I haven't been able to go through all the posts, have you posted about the Great Wall of Lagos? I don't think that the government is gettinng the credit it deserves for that project.

Coastal erosion has been a problem since the 1970s and no government has been able to solve it. It actually falls under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government, but they've done nothing to solve the problem. For the first time a solution has been found and it is The Great Wall of Lagos.

I think the op is saving the best for the last

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Peinstein: 7:02am On Sep 15, 2013
Very informative thread. Pictures speak more than a thousand words. Good job OP and other contributors. When you are done posting Akpabio and Fashola's government projects, do post projects in which the two governors have initiated with the private sector or involved the private sector in, we need to make a comparative analysis of that too. PPP is a salient need in effective governance in Nigeria. These are the threads we need in the politics section

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by gregg2: 7:06am On Sep 15, 2013
cjrane:
[size=15pt][b]Dude, you are such a fraudulent fellow.

The main building with semi-circular glass finishing is NAL Towers in VI.This thread is to compare Fashola's achievements to Akpabio's and not compare Lagos ( A former Federal Capital and commercial capital of Nigeria) to Uyo (A rural town, just became a state capital in 1987) which is what you are trying to do. Since Akpabio and Fashola got into office the same day on May 29th, 2007, any project commissioned before 2007 pre-dates their time as Governor and therefore has nothing to do with them.

The main building in the background is NAL towers, built by defunct NAL Merchant bank in the early 1990s. It was built when Fashola was still in the university and has nothing to do with him. Gen. Buba Marwa should take credit for those building using your logic.At least he was the Governor of Lagos when they were constructed!

Please show us Fashola's achievements since May 29th, 2007 and not showing us Federal highways and bridges built in Lagos or buildings built by banks and Multinational companies as their corporate headquarters in Nigeria's capital since 1980.

SHOW US FASHOLA'S ACHIEVEMENTS FROM 2007 WITH THE TAXES HE HAS BEEN COLLECTING![/b][/size]

@OP

1) 95% of the roads and flyovers displayed here are all FG projects. All Fashola did was to paint, plant flowers and replace streets light. And by the way, how much does it cost to paint and plant flowers?

2) While Akpabio is busy constructing roads and flyovers Fashola is merely painting FG roads and planting flowers.

3) Most of the LASU buildings displayed here were constructed during the time of Jakande. All Fashola did was to paint them.

4) While Akpabio established a University for his state, Fashola only paints buildings built by Jakande in LASU.

5) Is Fashola a painter?

6) Nobody is comparing Lagos a former capital of Nigeria during the oil boom for nearly a century with Akwa Ibom state created recently with Katsina state.

7) Agreed, Fashola is a showman but we are also not doing a beauty contest between Akpabio and Fashola. Show us Fashola projects and not some Fashola in a fruit market or a Fashola with a group of women pictures

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Kairoseki77: 7:06am On Sep 15, 2013
I see that the mods hid the comments that say that Akpabio moved his ENTIRE family to live in Lagos.

This is really shameful.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by mikeywise(m): 7:09am On Sep 15, 2013
Please, this thread is not about Ibo and Yoruba,
I dont know why anybody would compare Fashola with Akpabio?
Its just like comparing Nokia with a China Phone.
Did you all see the water projects? Thats the greatest fraud that can
ever happen. The people of Akwa Ibom deserve better.
That water project done by Aksg is not different from the ones
done by private individuals in their houses.

I wish my state governor (Abia state) can do one eigth 1/8 of what Fashola has done.
Abia o ni baje
Eko o ni baje
Nigeria o ni baje.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by gregg2: 7:18am On Sep 15, 2013
mikeywise: Please, this thread is not about Ibo and Yoruba,
I dont know why anybody would compare Fashola with Akpabio?
Its just like comparing Nokia with a China Phone.
Did you all see the water projects? Thats the greatest fraud that can
ever happen. The people of Akwa Ibom deserve better.
That water project done by Aksg is not different from the ones
done by private individuals in their houses.

I wish my state governor (Abia state) can do one eigth 1/8 of what Fashola has done.
Abia o ni baje
Eko o ni baje
Nigeria o ni baje.

Stop pretending to be from Abia state. Your spelling of "Ibo" instead of "Igbo" exposes you as a typical Yoruba man.

The water project you talked about was posted here by the OP to satisfy his mischievous intentions. For your information, unlike Lagos, water is not a problem in Akwa Ibom state. The taps run.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by MafiaMan: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2013

PLEASE post more. . . .LMAO!

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by emiye(m): 7:23am On Sep 15, 2013
gregg2:

Stop pretending to be from Abia state. Your spelling of "Ibo" instead of "Igbo" exposes you as a typical Yoruba man.

The water project you talked about was posted here by the OP to satisfy his mischievous intentions. For your information, unlike Lagos, water is not a problem in Akwa Ibom state. The taps run.

Carry your shameless self away from this thread.

One of the useless water project even failed and killed people, it was discussed in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/1342038/akwa-ibom-mini-water-project-collapses-killing

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 7:26am On Sep 15, 2013
naptu2: I am so happy that this thread has been created. I planned to create a similar thread, but time did not permit me. This thread is far more important and has more uses than the just the Fashola vs Akpabio debate. It serves as a reference tool for the future.

I get annoyed anytime I hear some people say that Bola Tinubu did not do anything when he was governor. The man created the first easily accessible public ambulance service in Nigeria (Lasambus), the first IPP, one of the best social welfare programme and so many more things, yet they say that he didn't do anything. I'm very sure that the same people will try to say the same about Fashola in 2015. That's why this thread is very very important.

Tinubu remains a great visionary, good administrator and political tactician. Apart from picking the most capable candidate to take his place, he gave his replacement a brilliant template to work with and he's still around blocking off political shots for Fashola to allow him to concentrate on Governing while he carries the big stick and fend off scavengers inside and outside Lagos, he picks credible and competent administrators so the strong performance we are witnessing all over the SW is a no brainner..

While other regions are busy picking their leaders based on tribal sentiments and cash and carry, Tinubu

Tinubu built the first IPP in Nigeria, he initiated BRT and all the great institutions Fashola is using to accomplish his objectives were all actualized by Tinubu, he even resuscitated the Metro Rail 30 years after the FG killed it.

He fought OBJ and OBJ surrendered, Tinubu is one man OBJ don't mention, mess with or say nothing about in Nigeria.

His leadership all over the south west is priceless, wrestling away an entire region from any ruling party power corrupt Africa is not a walk in the park

Ibo people dislike him not because of any stolen money or any of the rubbish they spew, like everything under the sun to them, it's tribalism and petty jealousy, they wish they have their own Tinubu to deliver them from bondage and the fact that he punks their GEJ around all the time drives them mad too..

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by MafiaMan: 7:27am On Sep 15, 2013
[size=38pt]SAI FASHOLA -The Greatest Governor Ever Liveth!! [/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by naptu2: 7:28am On Sep 15, 2013
One thing that I regret is that I did not take pictures of Lagos in 1999. Rubbish heaps on the median of Ikorodu Road, monster craters on Awolowo Road (one of the most important and glamorous roads in Lagos), filth at Obalende Bus Stop. It's when you compare then and now that you'll really appreciate what's been done.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 15, 2013
Prof. Ogogoro:

Afam is a disgrace!!

I wonder why the site's management appointed such a person as a Moderator.
Afam4eva messed up, he didn't even wait to see pics from lagos. I am beginning to suspect him

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 7:30am On Sep 15, 2013
gregg2:
[s]
@OP

1) 95% of the roads and flyovers displayed here are all FG projects. All Fashola did was to paint, plant flowers and replace streets light. And by the way, how much does it cost to paint and plant flowers?

2) Most of the LASU buildings displayed here were constructed during the time of Jakande. All Fashola did was to paint them.

3) Is Fashola a painter?

4) Nobody is comparing Lagos a former capital of Nigeria during the oil boom for nearly a century with Akwa Ibom state created recently with Katsina state.

5) Agreed, Fashola is a showman but we are also not doing a beauty contest between Akpabio and Fashola. Show us Fashola projects and not some Fashola in a fruit market or a Fashola with a group of women pictures [/s]

We are not interested in your ignorance an comedy, you are not even funny.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by kaze4blues(m): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2013
Even though not all fashola's projects are posted here, the great fashola still flogs akpabio.

I agree with what people said, the great fashola's achievements shoud be compared to that of the entire SS states excluding rivers state or better still compared to the entire SE states.

Fashola, the great achiever

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by mikeywise(m): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2013
gregg2:

Do I need to prove myself to u? What will I gain in claiming what am not?
Yes I was wrong in writing Ibo instead of Igbo but that is not the topic of discussion.
I will advise to change ur way of reasoning, accept the the truth when you see one.
Give Fashola some credit because he deserves it and even more.
I wish Theodore Ahamefula Orji has done 1/8 of what Fasola has done in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 15, 2013
naptu2: I am so happy that this thread has been created. I planned to create a similar thread, but time did not permit me. This thread is far more important and has more uses than the just the Fashola vs Akpabio debate. It serves as a reference tool for the future.

I get annoyed anytime I hear some people say that Bola Tinubu did not do anything when he was governor. The man created the first easily accessible public ambulance service in Nigeria (Lasambus), the first IPP, one of the best social welfare programme and so many more things, yet they say that he didn't do anything. I'm very sure that the same people will try to say the same about Fashola in 2015. That's why this thread is very very important.
You are totally correct about Tinubu's achievements. You should help us with the pics of the wall of lagos if you have them.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 15, 2013
Akpabio IS A FRAUD. where is sincere 9gerian, pls send this link to olisa metu and gej himself.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Ngwakwe: 7:37am On Sep 15, 2013
I never said Igbos from Anambra State, I said Igbo citizens of Lagos State, Nigeria.

plaindealer:

And who's palava is that? Don't you know that Tinubu have to pay taxes where he live and work just like the next man from Ekiti, Osun, Ibadan, England, India, China and beyond?

Tinubu is not doing the Lagos state government any favor by paying taxes, he is paying for everything you see in this thread just like the rest of Lagos.

The rest of LAW abiding Lagosians are paying their taxes and going about their business, but not Yoruba shallow noise makers and crybabies.

In fact, why not just tell Tinubu to take his silly tax money to his village in Osun State and stop crying on our shoulders? Don't you think they need your measly dirty spare parts money over there than in Lagos..?
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by MafiaMan: 7:38am On Sep 15, 2013
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 7:42am On Sep 15, 2013
Lifeskills Medical trains Nigerian Ambulance Service

Sixty four crews from Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS) have received Emergency Medical training from Stafford Based Lifeskills Medical.

In a month long training period in Lagos, Nigeria, the crews, have completed AED training, ECG monitoring, extrication techniques, advanced airway management and intubation techniques training.

Dr. Glyn Roberts, head of Lifeskills Medical said' " Nigeria is a developing country, and the Lagos State Governor Mr. Babatunde Fashola has wisely recognised the need to improve the Emergency Medical Services within Lagos - a city of over 17 million people.

He has approved government funding to enable the skills training of the ambulance service, police and fire services, and we are proud to be providing much needed training for all of these groups". The training is part of a rolling programme being provided by Lifeskills Medical which also includes Advanced Life Support training for hospital doctors and nurses, triage management within A & E departments, and the development of a disaster management programme for the State.

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by tempest01(m): 7:42am On Sep 15, 2013
[quote author=agbameta]Starting with the first item on the list which is Schools.

Schools in Akwa Ibom..

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/318750_Direct_labourSchools_jpg22d05f5d101c3181a058c203291a22d5[/img]

Akwa Ibom Psychiatric School of Nursing.

[img]http://globalville.files./2013/08/psychiatric-school-of-nursing-eket-admin-block-inhabited-by-rodents.jpg[/img]

[img]http://globalville.files./2013/08/psychiatric-school-of-nursing-hostels-with-destroyed-windows.jpg[/img]

AKS Polytechnic Ikot Osurua

The
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 15, 2013
naptu2: One thing that I regret is that I did not take pictures of Lagos in 1999. Rubbish heaps on the median of Ikorodu Road, monster craters on Awolowo Road (one of the most important and glamorous roads in Lagos), filth at Obalende Bus Stop. It's when you compare then and now that you'll really appreciate what's been done.
True lagos was full of heaps of refuse in 1999 on every major road, every street corner, in fact it was a way of life till Tinubu changed it. I am also disgusted when people insult lastma, i remember when we used to have 6 lanes of cars on a 4 lane road, i used to get home as late as 2am.

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 7:43am On Sep 15, 2013
Ngwakwe: I never said Igbos from Anambra State, I said Igbo citizens of Lagos State, Nigeria.

What difference does it make really...?
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 15, 2013
Ngwakwe: I never said Igbos from Anambra State, I said Igbo citizens of Lagos State, Nigeria.

Sir i expect you to acknowledge the fact that fashola beats akpabio hands down, since that's what this thread is about.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by MafiaMan: 7:46am On Sep 15, 2013
Obiagelli:
Afam4eva messed up, he didn't even wait to see pics from lagos. I am beginning to suspect him

Afam is a sad and shameless bigot. He was, he is and he will continue to be a very sad fella. I don't expect less from him, what is more annoying here is he reside in Lagos just like Apkabio, but can't hold back his hatred for anything southwest.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by solomon111(m): 7:49am On Sep 15, 2013
Obiagelli: Akpabio IS A FRAUD. where is sincere 9gerian, pls send this link to olisa metu and gej himself.
Akpabio is a FRAUD, after all these tangible evidence of how he has completly developed his state with first class infrastructure?
Yet you were busy praising Tinubu who wickedly looted his state.
Smh.
Whoever takes you serious on nairaland is not serious.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 15, 2013
@Op please modify your first post showing page number where lagos pic starts.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 15, 2013
solomon111: Akpabio is a FRAUD, after all these tangible evidence of how he has completly developed his state with first class infrastructure?
Yet you were busy praising Tinubu who wickedly looted his state.
Smh.
Whoever takes you serious on nairaland is not serious.
are you kidding me? From the pics here you still debate who has utilised his resources better? Lagos and Akwa Ibom has about the same budget and akpabio can even match lagos in any sector from the pics above. Tell me what he does with the rest of his allocation.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 7:56am On Sep 15, 2013
tempest01:

the supposed school of nursing you posted is actually the psychiatric hospital. the school of nursing is directly opposite the psychiatric hosp
ital.

Just google when in doubt...

Akwa Ibom Psychiatric School of Nursing Shuts Down Over Lack Of Infrastructure.

Psychiatric School of Nursing Eket, Admin Block inhabited by rodents.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/15221427-akwa-ibom-psychiatric-school-of-nursing-shuts-down-over-lack-of-infrastructure

http://www.spyghana.com/lack-of-infrastructure-led-to-closure-of-akwa-ibom-psychiatric-school-of-nursing/

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/15221427/image/100073329-psychiatric-school-of-nursing-eket

[img]http://globalvillenews.com/2013/08/18/akwa-ibom-psychiatric-school-of-nursing-shuts-down-over-lack-of-infrastructure/[/img]

It's the same school in all the links and pictures..
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by solomon111(m): 7:56am On Sep 15, 2013
Mafia Man:

Afam is a sad and shameless bigot. He was, he is and he will continue to a very sad fella. I don't expect less from him, what is more annoying here is he reside in Lagos just like Apkabio, but can't hold back his hatred for anything southwest.

if you know how many state governors have private residential houses in Uyo,you will keep your dirty mouth shut.
I wonder why senseless bragging is pecuilar to a particular section of this country.
Professional Noisemakers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

"No Food, No Roads, No Light, No Water, No Probs" (Photo) / Picture Of Governor Okorocha Riding A Bicycle, Hailed By Students / Buhari Seeks Relocation Of US Africa Command Headquarters From Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.