Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever (36759 Views)

If SARAKI Can Preside, Then AMAECHI Should Pass / WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) / Amaechi Should Be Impeached- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Abagworo(m): 11:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Its interesting that the same elements who dont understand why some people support the president or call those who support the president paid agents are here defending Amaechi as if their lives depend on it. I've not seen this vigorous defence team in a long while. From page one and all through to the last post, TEAM Amaechi have remained resolute, holding on to everything possible (including faeces) in trying to defend Amaechi.

Now, its either they TOO have been paid by Amaechi or they just love Amaechi so much. Or maybe they now see in Amaechi what others have seen in the president? Which one is it?

They say we should not or cannot or have no reasons to support our president, but here they are defending and supporting Amaechi with all their strenght and life.

This is more like a pastor who told his members never to committ the sin of fornication only for the pastor to be caught red handed engaging in the same sin ful act of fornication. Now, what does that make the pastor? A HYPOCRITE!

Amaechi performed while the President did not.

Let's start with the power sector, Rivers State is generating more power than it requires and can sell power to other States. Amaechi has completed sub-stations for distribution of power but its been hindered by law which restricts distribution. In Health, he has completed health centres in most Rivers communities. In Road construction, apart from Port-Harcourt, he has constructed a federal highway to Owerri, is constructing Trans-Kalabari highway and is almost done linking Opobo to land. Let's not forget the Okrika ring road. In terms of education, his schools are well known and acknowledged as well as his employment of thousands of teachers. In employment, he has increased staff strength of Rivers employees by 3 folds. There is accelerated development everywhere in Rivers State while he has increased the internally generated revenue by 400% from 2007. In terms of security, we all know how Rivers State was as at 2007. In sports, he has built a games village and completed an ultra-modern stadium which is probably the best in the country today. Rivers State also hosted the best NSF ever in Nigerian history.

This is a critical analysis of the success story in Rivers State. Anyone that wants to challenge me on any of the points is free.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by biafranqueen: 4:27am On Sep 23, 2013
Symphony007: very good. Go and ask goodluck jonathan what he and his predessesors did with all that money. Last time i checked aid money from abroad, goes to the feds.
I am not a Goodluck supporter or any poli thief for that matter swear on your unborn children that Amechi is not wasting , stealing state funds. Since you are so sure swear on your lineage that he is a leader that we should be very proud of. How can any of us sit here and pretend that these people give a damn about us. Biko stop lying to yourself and us!
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Symphony007: 9:17am On Sep 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Its interesting that the same elements who dont understand why some people support the president or call those who support the president paid agents are here defending Amaechi as if their lives depend on it. I've not seen this vigorous defence team in a long while. From page one and all through to the last post, TEAM Amaechi have remained resolute, holding on to everything possible (including faeces) in trying to defend Amaechi.

Now, its either they TOO have been paid by Amaechi or they just love Amaechi so much. Or maybe they now see in Amaechi what others have seen in the president? Which one is it?

They say we should not or cannot or have no reasons to support our president, but here they are defending and supporting Amaechi with all their strenght and life.

This is more like a pastor who told his members never to committ the sin of fornication only for the pastor to be caught red handed engaging in the same sin ful act of fornication. Now, what does that make the pastor? A HYPOCRITE!
is upport ameachi because he has done some great things and i also empatise with him for the persecution he is recieveing from your lord and personal saviour, goodluck jonathan. I also speak ill of him for the wrongs he has done, like spending money we don't have on monorail, government private jet and other frevolities.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Symphony007: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2013
biafranqueen: I am not a Goodluck supporter or any poli thief for that matter swear on your unborn children that Amechi is not wasting , stealing state funds. Since you are so sure swear on your lineage that he is a leader that we should be very proud of. How can any of us sit here and pretend that these people give a damn about us. Biko stop lying to yourself and us!
ameachi has been wastefull, he is wasting money on a monorail which has no focus, buying government jets and even demolishing some part of port harcourt without any plan for it, but compared with the goat called peter odili who ruled rivers state for 8 years and his most significant achievement, the airforce bridge collapsed last month, ameachi is better. At lease he has given rivers people a considerable run for their money. So it infuriates me when he is being persecuted while odili, a man whoes loot makes ibori's look like chicken change, is now a buddy of goodluck jonathan, with his wife on the supreme court, thanks to jonathan.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Spiff20(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2013
adconline:
PHC is no where near Enugu in terms of urban infrastructure and serenity. Get caught up on Aba-PHC traffic and ur day is over.. Why? Cos it's a one city state with one major entrance highway into the city.. ABA rd.
guy 2 questions 4 u. 1.how many high ways do enugu hav? 2.do enugu av any highway like phc-aba road with 5 fly-overs, 6 pedestrain over-passes nd 8lanes? You are on a long thing broda nd dnt let sentiments becloud ur reasoning. In Nigeria dere ar 3 metro cities Lagos, abuja, ph, d rest ar glorified booming towns
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 23, 2013
Abagworo:

Amaechi performed while the President did not.

Let's start with the power sector, Rivers State is generating more power than it requires and can sell power to other States. Amaechi has completed sub-stations for distribution of power but its been hindered by law which restricts distribution. In Health, he has completed health centres in most Rivers communities. In Road construction, apart from Port-Harcourt, he has constructed a federal highway to Owerri, is constructing Trans-Kalabari highway and is almost done linking Opobo to land. Let's not forget the Okrika ring road. In terms of education, his schools are well known and acknowledged as well as his employment of thousands of teachers. In employment, he has increased staff strength of Rivers employees by 3 folds. There is accelerated development everywhere in Rivers State while he has increased the internally generated revenue by 400% from 2007. In terms of security, we all know how Rivers State was as at 2007. In sports, he has built a games village and completed an ultra-modern stadium which is probably the best in the country today. Rivers State also hosted the best NSF ever in Nigerian history.

This is a critical analysis of the success story in Rivers State. Anyone that wants to challenge me on any of the points is free.
Read my post again. I didnt say you shouldn't support Amaechi. The summary of my post is that if you support Amaechi to the extent of grabbing faeces on this thread, pls recognise the FACT that other people have the RIGHT to support any political leader or party of their choice. QED.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2013
Symphony007: is upport ameachi because he has done some great things and i also empatise with him for the persecution he is recieveing from your lord and personal saviour, goodluck jonathan. I also speak ill of him for the wrongs he has done, like spending money we don't have on monorail, government private jet and other frevolities.
Read my post again. I didnt say you shouldn't support Amaechi. The summary of my post is that if you support Amaechi to the extent of grabbing faeces on this thread, pls recognise the FACT that other people also have the RIGHT to support any political leader or party of their choice. QED.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by pickabeau1: 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
OP on point.. I live in Rivers state and i cant see much to justify the hype...
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by PStacks(m): 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
When you read articles like this, u know the wirtter is so biased and doesn't see anything good in Amechi! It makes me believe the writter are people paid to write purposely to target Amechi.

This is a calculated art of Calumny on Amechi's person and we know where such things are coming from. But this man has been holding strong irrespective of whoes horse is gored.

Amechi Ride on! You shall over come.
#Amechi2015
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by dtemidare: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hembelembe (how does it concern us)
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by wellmax(m): 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
This is not the failure of Ameachi but of the entire Nigerian Ruling class.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
Symphony007: Why has'nt op mentioned the fact that between 2001 and 2010: rwanda recieved between 900 million to 1 billion dollars as aid money from the international community, is that up to rivers state budget for 50 years or even more......how much aid money has rivers state recieved from the international community.

By the time i am through with you,op. You will regret ever using this comparison.

Haba pls do not develop high blood pressure over something like this
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by DeCleff(m): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=Symphony007] ameachi has been wastefull, he is wasting money on a monorail which has no focus, buying government jets and even demolishing some part of port harcourt without any plan for it, but compared with the goat called peter odili who ruled rivers state for 8 years and his most significant achievement, the airforce bridge collapsed last month, ameachi is better. At lease he has given rivers people a considerable run for their money. So it infuriates me when he is being persecuted while odili, a man whoes loot makes ibori's look like chicken change, is now a buddy of goodluck jonathan, with his wife on the supreme court, thanks to jonathan.[/quote
]
Who is more wasteful than ur oga @ d top? Look at east-west road which Yar'Ardua budgeted N40bn for 2010 plus the huge amount GEJ have been approving for that same road yet they are telling us the money wasn't enough to fix the road?

Ameachi deserve a private jet since GEJ have 10 jets in his PAF. What did Odili achieved in Rivers state yet he bought a jet?

U people should leave Ameachi alone or else he will contimue to disgrace u all wit facts
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Symphony007: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
This is a bloody outrage. The poster just deliberately ochestrated this rubbish to smear ameachi. If he had linked it to an overall failure in every section of governance in nigeria; i would have aggreed with him, but just focusing exclusively on ameachi makes him petty and cheap. Bayelsa state runs a budget of over 200 billion but yenegoa does'nt have a single flyover. Where is the outrage? Or is it because seriake dickson is the lapdog of mr. President so whatever he does, turn a blind eye!!
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by adconline(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Let's do the numbers. Emotions and innuendos don't win argument, facts do.
What's the generating output built by Amechi? How much of that is consumed by Rivers state? Who built the power stations? At what cost? When was it completed?

How many kms of road has Amaechi built? What's the average cost of building a km?

How many health Centers and cost of each? How many schools?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by bigbablo(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
@OP

You seem to be comparing apples with oranges.

River State Governor has no direct control over these;
Constitution
Immigration/Emmigration
Customs
Police
Army
Oil Resources
Import and Export Ploicy
Central Bank; naira stability, inflation, etc

But if after considering the above, you still maintain your argument, then maybe i dont understand you.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by badmeat(m): 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
As a Rivers man,I think the state deserves more,but until we control our resources,we will only dream!
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Phikom(m): 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
i cant believe homo sapiens can yet be comparing a nation with another state under another nation...
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by sayruffy2004(m): 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
Na wa for u ooo.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by mbulela: 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Amaechi has underachieved,no doubt about that. The state of roads in PH is not defensible.
However, if the president of Rwanda had a predecessor like Peter Odili, i doubt he will do better than Amaechi.
May God never allow a man/woman like Odili come close to the govt house in Port Harcourt again.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by mbulela: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
bad meat: As a Rivers man,I think the state deserves more,but until we control our resources,we will only dream!
controlling your resources will only result in fewer thieves stealing same or more amount that is presently being stolen.
Just say you don't want thieves from non-oil producing states. You want indigenous thieves.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by mbulela: 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
adconline:

How many kms of road has Amaechi built? What's the average cost of building a km?
No be even the cost,na the quality and duration of build dey worry me.
See Rumuogba road. They have been working on that road for the past 3 years. you can't even tell which part has been completed and which is in progress as all look alike.
Look at that Ada George axis. I will not live their for free. The traffic jam is mind boggling. There has been one form of road construction or the other in that axis for the past 4 years.
Kudos to him for Oginigba, Old Aba road,Eliozu,Eleme Junction and Elekahia. those were well done and worthy of praise.
However,so much more could have been done.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by DeCleff(m): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
pickabeau1: OP on point.. I live in Rivers state and i cant see much to justify the hype...

Yes u won't see much cos u've chosen not to see. PH lacked proper town planning and u won't blame that on Ameachi. Ameachi is aware that the current PHC is in decay which was his reason for creating the GPHC.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by DeCleff(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
pickabeau1: OP on point.. I live in Rivers state and i cant see much to justify the hype...

Ij
What has those feeding themselves wit N1bn yearly done to make Nigeria look lik Ghana?
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by meccuno: 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
Spiff20: when last did u visit PH? maybe u shud come and see 4 yourself cos i dnt av tym 2 go abt taking pictures.
well ph is not reall a bad city as such....i was there some months ago and well......judging by what i saw when i was there a while ago,amaechi is trying...but i feel that they are not utilizing the funds they get from the govt well enough...i don't see any reason why Akwa Ibom,cross river ,Lagos,Bayelsa,and rivers should be the way they are because they get enough funds from the government........And their IGR is enormous........
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
In d next 5-10 yrs,if akwa ibom continue in d same or more beta pace of development,rivers state will know dat they av been sleeping al this while.I pray the next governor should be dedicated like akpabio.Meanwhile akwa ibom started receiving small small money back in 2005,not on till 2009 they started getting high amounts,but it as left the likes of delta,bayelsa beyind..!It has 2 5-star hotels,when complited it wil have d best international airport in nigeria,its building an olympic stadium,it has its power plant,it wil have the first international referel hospital in nigeria that has all facilities for emergency flyin,i can't begin to list,but in d next couple of years,akwa ibom will overtake its senior broda(rivers).Mark my words.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by saint047(m): 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
Abagworo:

Who is this bush man? In Nigeria we have only Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Abuja.
bros bushman better pass u oooooo
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
U people are funny. Not trying to defend Nigeria or even side against naija. I will b neutral. Where do Rwandan/the Rwandan gov take the money to build and sustain such development/infrastructures? Stop buying the hype , Rwanda is a voyou state and they have been able to achieve what u see there by plundering eastern congo . Rwanda doesn't produce anything the country is landlocked . U think money comes from the sky?
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by adconline(m): 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
bigbablo: @OP

You seem to be comparing apples with oranges.

River State Governor has no direct control over these;
Constitution
Immigration/Emmigration
Customs
Police
Army
Oil Resources
Import and Export Ploicy
Central Bank; naira stability, inflation, etc

But if after considering the above, you still maintain your argument, then maybe i dont understand you.
The more reason why he has more resources available to transform the state. Not having any control over any of ur enumerated lists, means he does not have to pay for their services and overhead costs.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Yusluv77(m): 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
I don carry my load before dey go Rwanda... Abeg no tell Iya sikira ohh..!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon / Meet Aisha Bakari Gombi, Boko Haram Huntress And Nightmare / Breaking: EFCC Goes After Tinubu Over Bullion Vans During 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.