Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever (36760 Views)

If SARAKI Can Preside, Then AMAECHI Should Pass / WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) / Amaechi Should Be Impeached- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by sCun: 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
Rossikk:

Oh lawd here we go again. Biafrangoat sees a FEW pics of the choicest part of Kigali and CONCLUDES that ''no city in Nigeria can blah blah blah'', including Abuja, where she's probably never stepped her foot in. Fact is Abuja is miles ahead of Kigali.

Abuja

It's obvious enough.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by mystikal(m): 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
human wants and needs vary, while some will really appreciate free schools n hospitals n prefer same over excellent roads, others will prefer aesthetics over booming industries etc

been living n working in phc for the past two years, unfortunately the one thing i want which is good roads n clean environments i dont get. The roads in phc are terrible n the city bit too rowdy. Maybe the gov is trying, but he is clearly not doing well enough. Maybe i expected more after previously staying in places like abuja, uyo n calabar.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by aduboy(m): 12:58am On Sep 24, 2013
All this lies and campaign against the person of Rotimi Amaechi must stop. The only non billboard governor in Nigeria. In terms of infrastructures I give him No1 amongst all the governors in Nigeria. All the projects he did as governor in rivers are legacy projects. What the FG is doing is creating disharmony, insecurity and now fake media propaganda against someone who is working for the interest of his people. God will always bless Amaechi for Rivers people and Nigeria in general.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Symphony007: 6:30am On Sep 24, 2013
The funny thing about this thread it that, it is so obvious this is an attempt to smear ameachi,because everybody hammering him admit that he has done some good thing but another governor who sits a few miles form port harcourt, seriake dickson runs a budget of 200-300 billion but yenegoa has no single flyover, bayelsan's are not assured of free education or healthcare, so where is the outrage there? Or the yardstick for you to be critisied for not developing your state is if you challenge jonathan. If you're his lapdog and your state is a pig stine, we'll turn a blind eye.

It speaks to a larger reason while nigeria will never develop. Ecerything and everyone is so factionalized. Even the truth is distorted to gains. With people like this, in a country like this. The politicians will keep dividing you to conquer and nigeria will continue rolling in the mud.

*goes back to listening to enya's carribean blue*

1 Like

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 24, 2013
This is the only thread on Nairaland, that I have read all it's pages (painstakingly)
It's disheartening that some Nigerians will stand to defend and justify the loot and corruption amongst our political leaders.
For someone to say that Ameachi is trying, that he did more than odili, that he is better than Akpabio,that he's not the only one,...etc tells u, that,indeed, there's no hope for a better Nigeria.
I live in ph, summing up all Ameachi has done, the Schs, health centers,roads,IPP projects,..it still doesn't justify over $20bn the state has recieved. Say it as it is,...Ameachi is an underachiever!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by stylesco: 7:04am On Sep 24, 2013
God bless you op.

I've been taking pictures pictures of portharcourt roads with the hope of starting a similar thread.
I can't upload them cos I need to resize them.

Ameachi needs to start working on rivers road and drainage and stop the power tussle.
So far Ameachi has failed Rivers state.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Izontubo(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Yes you are right. But look at it this way. Since the states don't have to invest in power, shouldn't we see even more wonderful urban infrastructure like we see in Kigali given that more money would be available to invest since they aren't investing in expensive things like power. Why are the roads in PH still a mess. Why is there no area that PH and Rivers State can brag about. Why for crying out loud does Port Harcourt still look like it is Congo having spent almost $20Billion in 5 years.

The people wey dey support ameachi no even know who them dey espouse....na arrogant fool wey dey too talk.....he has no respect for the elderly.....

My own na make him come do transamadi road....angry
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Rossikk(m): 8:01am On Sep 24, 2013
InvertedHammer:

What has showing pictures of FCT got to do with this thread?

An issue is brought up using statistical and pictorial data to compare 2 cities in Africa and you are posting pictures of FCT without any similar comparison in terms of budget, allocations, etc.

No wonder people fail their exams. You did not address the issues raised. Rather you showed how ignorant you are!

You must be a blind bat or an ignoramus. Biafrangirl said clearly that ''we can see clearly from these pictures that no city in Nigeria can match Kigali''. In a perfectly logical response, I then proceeded to post a few pics of Abuja to show her that she is talking absolute rubbish, and then a dumb oaf like you comes up to say.... what?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Abagworo(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2013
Create threads of "Amaechi vs Jonathan" or other Nigerian Governors. That's the only way we can make genuine comparisons. Alternatively, we can create a thread comparing Rivers State in 2007 with Rivers State in 2013.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by MrAboki: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2013
Rossikk:

You must be a blind bat or an ignoramus. Biafrangirl said clearly that ''we can see clearly from these pictures that no city in Nigeria can match Kigali''. In a perfectly logical response, I then proceeded to post a few pics of Abuja to show her that she is talking absolute rubbish, and then a dumb oaf like you comes up to say.... what?

Bros...

You see where deadbody full, dey wonder why Vultures dey gather the area.. grin

A retaard OP started a thread comparing A Country's capital to a State..

Pointing to Money as if that is the only criteria that matters when comparing.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by patrickmuf(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2013
Nice read, but the op would do more justice addressing Nigeria as a whole and not just Rivers and Amaechi so you don't make yourself out as an attack dog...The difference between 9ja and rwanda is that: while we are soaked in religion and ethnic divisions, Rwandan's have been able to set aside their differences(largely due to the civil war, after hitting rock bottom "genocide" they can only but rise up) and work for the good of their motherland...
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by ask4double(m): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2013
abagoro: What has your Oga done for Riverine people in particular and Niger Delta in general? Let us start with that. I'll list Amaechi's contributions outside Port-Harcourt.

1) Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo road with several bridges. By December this year and for the 1st time in the history of mankind my Opobo brothers can drive their families home by road with their family car which they use in Aba, Port-Harcourt or Yenagoa. http://www.nigeriannews.net.s2.gvirabi.com/index.php/sid/215283906/scat/8db1f72cde37faf3

2) The Rufus Ada George ring road in Okrika which is ironically Patience Jonathan's hometown.

3) Ogu/Bolo link road. Ogu-Bolo LGA is inhabited by same Okrika people.

4) Trans-Kalabari highway which will link all Kalabari communities is under construction as I write. This is something many considered impossible in the past.

All these projects are in riverine areas which has same terrain as Bayelsa.
Shut up ur dirty mouth Mr, i reside here in rivers ok? how many of these projects are completed? either they are still on going or have been abandoned for reasons best known to the useless governor.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by MrAboki: 9:58am On Sep 24, 2013
ask4double: Shut up ur dirty mouth Mr, i reside here in rivers ok? how many of these projects are completed? either they are still on going or have been abandoned for reasons best known to the useless governor.

Your bad belle sha...

You must think that rome was built in a day.. grin
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by aduboy(m): 10:16am On Sep 24, 2013
ask4double: Shut up ur dirty mouth Mr, i reside here in rivers ok? how many of these projects are completed? either they are still on going or have been abandoned for reasons best known to the useless governor.
Typical lies.In terms of legacy projects, Amaechi has done both more than fashola and akpabio. He met a zero rivers state in all terms and has worked tremendously to put it back on track. I wonder why people forget so soon. If GEJ were to be like Amaechi in terms of doing his job, Nigeria would not be in this mess. Even after unleashing militants and criminal elements on rivers state in the name of fighting Amaechi, little or no success have been achieved to make Rivers insecure by the Jonathan administration.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by mbulela: 10:56am On Sep 24, 2013
Linex:
For someone to say that Ameachi is trying, that he did more than odili,
try delete this part from your post.
I acknowledge that Amaechi has underachieved,given the resources at his disposal but don't even attempt to compare him to Odili.
Not only did Odili ruin the state,his love for sycophancy was bothering on the insane. I often wondered if he did not live in a room filled with mirrors,so he could admire himself endlessly. The insecurity that wrecked the ND was birthed by him and his gang of vipers.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Despicableme: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2013
The comparison made by our good friend was an excellent presentation and should be debated upon professionally and without emotions. It's quite laughable and fallible that people are posting pictures of presumably 'developed' Port Harcourt and not Rivers State. Trust the comparison is between Rivers State and Rwanda and NOT Kigali and Port Harcourt.

For anyone that has stayed in Rivers State for over a year one need not even compare the rate of development as it is quite obvious that Rwanda has done excellently well. Need not emphasize that this is also a country that is divided along tribes and constantly faced with security challenges just like Nigeria and any other African country.

Ameachi obviously would agree that he is far behind schedule and should sheath his personal interest for a national interest.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Crownvilla(m): 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
PapaBrowne:

You are running from realities. The FG doesn't stop states from making their cities wonderful. The FG hasn't stopped no state from bringing out its best in areas of development that have no FG control. If I were talking about the parlous state of security in Rivers State, you will be right to remind me of FG's failures. If I were talking about the parlous state of power in the country, you would be right to remind me of the FG';s failures.
If I talked about the parlous state of Aviation, then be OK to point to Abuja.

I am talking about providing basic urban infrastructure. Creating livable cities. Design a proper transit system for a city. Giving access to qualitative healthcare to all you citizens. That's what Rwanda has done with less than the Budget of Rivers State.

@ PapaBrowne.......if I may say so, you are even going too far by mentioning all of the above.

How about simple, running, potable, clean, pipe-borne water?? I doubt if there is a single village, town or city in Nigeria that can boast of 24/7 running tap water in 2013!!

Water...the most important resource that we all need on a daily basis to wash, clean, drink, cook etc. This simple fact confirms that Nigeria has inflicted injuries upon itself from Federal, State and Local Govt levels. Failure from top to bottom and vice versa. Bad leaders and followers.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by MrAboki: 3:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Crownvilla:

@ PapaBrowne.......if I may say so, you are even going too far by mentioning all of the above.

How about simple, running, potable, clean, pipe-borne water?? I doubt if there is a single village, town or city in Nigeria that can boast of 24/7 running tap water in 2013!!

Water...the most important resource that we all need on a daily basis to wash, clean, drink, cook etc. This simple fact confirms that Nigeria has inflicted injuries upon itself from Federal, State and Local Govt levels. Failure from top to bottom and vice versa. Bad leaders and followers.

I'm glad you said doubt and not sure..

Most of Calabar metropolice runs on public water supply. Some areas of LAgos state still run solely on public water supply.

Go and find out in Kigali how many places outside of Kigali looks like Ibadan, talkless of like Port-harcourt.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by DaLover(m): 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
emiye: @ op, When making such comparisons, to aid the analysis, you must ensure your data is correct and can be referenced.

You claimed Nigeria's annual budget is 22billion USD , i found out it is 31billion usd.

You claimed Rwanda s annual budget is 1.67 usd, i found out it is 2.2 usd http://www.kpmg.com/eastafrica/en/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/Documents/KPMG_Rwanda_Budget_Brief_2012.pdf coinmill.com/RWF_USD.html#

what other wrong claims have you made ?
Bros ye,
How does this change anything?
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by DaLover(m): 11:38pm On Sep 24, 2013
Symphony007: the butaro hospital was not built fully by the rwandan government: the major partners are PIH and MU BUZIMA(IMB)

just like butaro: king faisal hospital was build with money from the saudi fund for development.

Which international humanitarian group helped rivers state build it's 250 health centers?

Back to my question; does the rwandan government assure free healthcare and education to it's people?

Which is more important to you, free health care or quality health care?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by mrkel(m): 11:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
The road to Opobo was concEived and hatched by Dr PEtEr Odili led administration and was at 40% complEtion bEforE 0dili b0wed 0ut f0m thE saddlE. Many 0f Amaechi's aclaimed achievEments in road construction werE projects he inhErited from his predecessOr.
Abagworo:

You are the one dreaming. Amaechi has almost completed road to Opobo. What achievement of that sort infrastructurally can you attribute to Akpabio? He only constructed roads outside the city where there was little or no compensations, then painted the roads. What else?
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by mrkel(m): 1:30am On Sep 25, 2013
Hey Mr. Man, the Rainb0w h0using pr0ject is privatE sector drivEn as it is financed by First Bank PLC. The only stake thE RSG has in that projEct is thE land that was provided to First Bank PLC. It will rEally be mislEading if that is addEd as an achivement of CRA.
Abagworo:

Whichever way we look at it the cost of paying compensation for demolished houses in Port-Harcourt alone surpasses everything in Akwa-Ibom by my estimates. Ada George road had over 500 houses demolished and compensation of roughly 20million. That amounts to about 10billion Naira. Its is same story with Rumuola, Okporo, Old Aba Road, Olu Obasanjo Road, Elekahia Road and NTA Road. Another consideration is the quality of the Roads and not painting. All the Amaechi Roads were built with only sharp sand and they had to dig 5 to 10 feet off the old road and refill. In some cases like that of Olu Obasanjo they were cast with concrete and steel. The entire D-Line has received new drainages and pavements, so has old Port-Harcourt township, Trans-Amadi and Oroazi/GRA. Work is ongoing in several places till this moment. Go to Mother-Cat linking Amadia-Ama and notice the new Rainbow town which used to be a slum. We have about 10 units of 30 storey buildings springing up there. Three have crossed 20 storey as I write. The Port-Harcourt-Eneka-Igwruta Road is ongoing as well and has reached advanced stage. Woji is also ongoing though at early stage.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Abelsconcept(m): 10:48am On Sep 25, 2013
Presently, the administration is building an unprecedented 700 state-of-the-art primary schools, 24 secondary schools and two universities, all at various stages of completion.

The governor recently observed that his achievement in education in the past three years would contribute to the reduction of crime in the state, while quality healthcare delivery would reduce poverty.

Amaechi would, within the next four years, be striving to complete the remaining 60 out of the 160 new health centres he started in all 23 local government areas of the state and other secondary and tertiary healthcare institutions.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Abelsconcept(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2013
For a state that is in dire need of critical infrastructure needed to

drive its development, Amaechi, in the last three years, has invested a minimum of N100 billion yearly on roads/bridges/infrastructure. And according to the governor, this

trend would be sustained "because an efficient road system is needed to drive our administration's economic agenda."

For instance, the Rumuola-Rumuokota and Slaughter to Rumuobikani, has been completed with streetlights, drainage and walkways.

As part of effort to ease traffic on the busy Aba-Port Harcourt expressway, there is an ongoing dualization of the Old Aba road starting from the First Bank junction through Rumumasi to Rumuobiakani.

Similarly, Elekahia to Rumumasi road has been dualised. Already, contract has been awarded for the dualisation of Ada George road. Total reconstruction and upgrade of G.U Ake road that starts from Aba road parallel to the Air Force Base to Airport Road, has commenced.

And with the return of the 86 oil wells ceded to Akwa-Ibom and an anticipated refund of all the proceeds from these wells that were illegally paid to Akwa-Ibom, the government is expected to vigorously pursue its statewide urban renewal programme and development of infrastructure, chief of which is the Greater Port Harcourt project.

The Greater Port Harcourt is a new city that covers an area of approximately 1,900 square kilometres (190,000 hectares of land) with a projected population of two million. The Master Plan is for a period of 50 years, with periodic reviews, and would be implemented in phases.

In addition, it is expected that the governor would expeditiously

move to complete the Rainbow Town housing estate, which he started in collaboration with First Bank. The N50 billion housing project comprises 17 high-rise buildings, offices, and residential buildings in 705 building units spread across 24 hectares of land.

Others area that the governor would be focusing on include provision of critical utilities such as electricity and water, strengthening government institutions and improving competencies and capacity in the public service for good governance and service delivery with support from international development partners and local institutions.

An analysis of the capital expenditure in key sectors of the state's economy is quite revealing of what lies ahead. For the passage of the 2011 Budget by the state legislature, the government had budgeted for Works N60 billion; Education N67.92 billion; Power N12.500 billion; Sports N10.553 billion; Health N17 billion; Water N6.9 billion; Agriculture N3.065 billion; Housing N0.810 billion; Transport N10.2 billion; and Environment N2.9 billion.

Last year, the government successfully started the construction work for our monorail project. So far, N11billion has been spent on this project while N24.934 billion was spent in the power sub-sector as at November last year, to enable the government effectively pursue its rural electrification project.

www.igbofocus.co.uk/.../rivers_-_previo...

1 Like

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Despicableme: 11:33am On Sep 25, 2013
The bottom line - the whole case of performance and nonperformance is very simple - Amaechi wants jonathan out so that he can play a second fiddle to Lamido i.e. Dog eat dog matter or a Kettle calling a pot black.
I am not aware of any policy statement from Amaechi and his team on how to save Nigeria and Nigerians since they love us more. He is going to serve sorry govern for 8 years and may be as a VP for another 8. So it's a case of personal interest above our needs and peaceful coexistence. In the south we're all periwinkles every one has a cap. Just like it was difficult for the igbos to have a senate leader or party leader that was allowed to serve a full term, that has now been extended to presidency because we all want to lead and not follow.
Unfortunately, we have been so engrossed we forgot to ask how do the Westerners and Northerners do it such that their leaders serve up their full term without being edged out or sacked by their people. Bitter as the truth may seem, we will never ever have a government of national unity where the various ethnic groups or regions will abandon their individual and regional interests for national interest and this Amaechi is oblivious of or blinded by the wash-wash promises from the northern cabal. He just made himself a pawn on the board and as a veritable tool for use by the North to serve their obstensible 'nationalistic' interest.
Have we asked for how long will the proposed saviours of Nigeria rule, if Amaechi and Lamido became governors through a process that was without flaws, will they ever conduct a free and fair elections when they become President and vice? If they could not manage 1 talent how will they manage 10 talents? Are the processes of awarding contracts in Amaechi and Lamido states ever been transparent and in line with expected procurement standards. What's the pedigree of the New PDP members? Guys this is just a divide and rule tactics so let's not be fooled. Kindly abandon your emotional strikes and focus on the objectives. The ploy is simple Jonathan out Amaechi in under the watchful eye of the north whose 'birth right' is to rule Nigeria for 'ever' but of course Amaechi and his cohorts will always support this hidden agenda cos at that point they'll be eating at the national level and maybe then we will start another nairaland thread on Lamido/Amaechi vs Perhaps Rejuvenated PDP then
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by Abelsconcept(m): 11:37am On Sep 25, 2013
The above post where curlled from this site www.igbofocus.co.uk/.../rivers_-_previo... Posted two years ago.

This thread is a pure propaganda against Governor Amaechi's administration and should be discarded with immediate alacrity. Where it is not factious it is obviously fictious, such is the case here. Am totally disappointed that someone would start such a thread like this, considering other important issues confronting the entire country. Why single out Governor Amaechi for critism considering that his is one of the best performing Governors in the country. I don't see any sense in it. It is just a political move destablize and diatract the Man (Amaechi).

Yes, it is true that even Governor Amaechi is corrupt just like others but give the man some credit, his is working and looting, maybe 60% to 40% working to looting ratio. And I think that's fair enough considering the state of the country where looting is the order of the day. I cannot support evil and at the same time I cannot condemn someone who is trying to make a difference with a change. We're very tribalistic. Everybody wants to support their own even when the know the truth. It is so pathetic. For me, I stand for justice, equity and unity. Thank you.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by jpphilips(m): 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
Abagworo:

Give him a four year score card. I've not felt much of the impact from FG in Rivers State. The 18hours power I'm enjoying is courtesy Rivers government, the road I travel on whuch is PH-Owerri is work of Rivers government. East-west road and Aba express are the worst major roads in Rivers State. A journey from Port-Harcourt to Obigbo which is 5km takes up to 4 hours. Choba to Eleme is not a better story.

people like you deserve to be hung upside down on a stake, while 1 million kids urinate on your fore head.

pH to owerri done by amaechi are you insane?
East west road done by Amaechi, do you come from a lineage of mad people?, PH- Aba road has been existing since 1991, how is it amaechi's making?

people like you are the reason Amaechi is misbehaving, google Nairaland and see threads where people are begging amaechi to go and work, i dont blame you waterside brought ups because you guys have no shame and inkling what a wealthy city should look like.

and where is Amaechi giving you 18hrs power, do you live inside the Govt house?

to us, portharcourt is a village, thanks to Amaechi's wickedness, yet you sing his false praise shame on you.

my front bumper is lying on woji road close to the railway courtesy of the WW2 trench on Amechi's road, may Amadioha strike you blind for not seeing the pains Amaechi is causing the Rivers people.
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by jpphilips(m): 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
Abagworo:

With the way things are going, I believe Owerri will look better than Kigali 3 years from today. That Amaechi does not go about with helicopters like Akpabio taking pictures of Port-Harcourt does not mean he has not done much more. Maybe I should help him with few pictures I'll take in coming weeks.

The Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo road is a notable achievement. Opobo was inaccessible by land since the history of mankind. The Trans-Kalabari highway is also a very big achievement. I don't want to go into upland area like Port-harcourt and environs, schools, hospitals, complete drainage designing and implementation, dualizing and as well upgrading previously deplorable roads etc.

there is nothing in the upland so dont bother, all you are mentioning are first tenure achievement, show us a picture of a structure amaechi developed within this 8yrs.
A picture of woji road alone will send you to coma
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by jpphilips(m): 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Ans: There is no Nigerian city besides Lagos and Abuja that are more developed than Port Harcourt forever. As in even when I was borne in PH yeears ago, it was the second most developed city in Nigeria.

But there are numerous Nigerian Cities that have been better improved than Port Harcourt over the last 5 years. Infact, PH has actually deteriorated while others have improved.
Uyo, Benin, Calabar, Enugu and a host of other have experienced much more improvements than Port Harcourt.

I repeat, I'm a PH boy of sorts as I was born there, grew up a little there and visit quite often. And PH is an Eyesore. The places that should give the city pride are not nice at all. Even GRA and its surroundings nothing to right home about. I was in Enugu around February this year and I met a pleasant surprise. There is pictures of beautiful Cities accross Nigeria and there is no Picture of Port Harcourt. Even Warri, PH's younger sister is beginning to be more impressive than Port Harcourt.

So my question to you: Amaechi has spent $20 Billion in the last 5 years. Can you show me a sinlgle picture of PH that says, money in billions of dollars was spent on me.

Allah bless you, can you imagine a village like ph someone is calling a city? what an insult
Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by jpphilips(m): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
careytommy: @op, you have to understand that the federal form of govt/laws to be the major clog in the wheel of progress for most states especially southern states.
Lagos would have been doing well in terms of power generation...including others like abia, akwa ibom and rivers but for our useless power distribution law.

If FG law on power distribution is a problem, did it equally stop Amaechi from having organized public transportation system unlike the crickets aka keke that is defacing the streets of ph?

does it stop Amaechi from having a water board that will guarantee a cholera free drinking water for everyone?

does it stop Amaechi from setting up a central command center supported by police patrols for effective policing?

does it stop Amaechi from giving us good roads?

does it stop Amaechi from lightening up the state?

what exactly is your point?, Amaechi is a c0ck sh!!t walking failure with a big mouth, i don't care what he is doing in Abuja, come home and fix this mess you call ph.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever by jpphilips(m): 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
Spiff20: when last did u visit PH? mayb u shud come nd see 4 urself cos i dnt av tym 2 go abt taking pictures.

show us the damn pictures or shut the fvck up

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

80-Year-Old Obasanjo Photographed By TY Bello / Dele Momodu Criticized For Using 7 Phones. See His Response / Police Officer Storms Uyo Court With Armed Policemen, Snatches His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.