Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

MRM Vs Feminism - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MRM Vs Feminism (8604 Views)

Anti-feminism; A War That Men Cannot Win / Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? / 7 Ways Feminism Is Destroying American Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
@carujmonella actually that's because i thought you suddenly claimed Pro-feminism while claiming it was BS till you shedded more light on your stance which made sense, thus making the use of the word "zing" irrelevant.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru: @carujmonella actually that's because i thought you suddenly claimed Pro-feminism while claiming it was BS till you shedded more light on your stance which made sense, thus making the use of the word "zing" irrelevant.

grin grin. I know. I was just pulling your legs.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Idowuogbo(f): 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:

ok you've gotten my curiosity, how the hell did you get the arrow to show ? teach me cry
Pay me! grin
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

Thought as much.. At least you didn't shift the post this time around grin
I'm rather sad that you can't see how ridiculous it is to bring up MLK's work in black racial emancipation as an argument in a discussion on feminism. It is off-point, that's all.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Pay me! grin
Money or credit i have none, but what i have is far greater than those..............................SWAG, is that accepted as payment grin
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
@carujmonella What goal posts am I shifting? Can you show me? My stance has been consistent.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Idowuogbo(f): 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

It's simple.. Read again.. Equality is a farce!!. It doesn't exist in reality. Maybe in dreams!!. Justice is what will ensure that woman cashier out there gets paid the same amount as the male cashier working with her who ordinarily might get paid more because he's a man. Justice is what will get an abusive idíot who punches his wife like his punching bag to spend a huge amount of time in jail. JUSTICE is what will get that woman out there who's babbling about equality and hence decided not to train her kids/send her kids to school because she did not get education when she's small, to spend time in jail(I know you will disagree with my last example because it has to do with a woman)

I'm a feminist becuase I believe women rights are being trampled upon. Because women are abused daily more than men. Because women are discriminated against. Because women are not allowed to reach their full potentials before getting married off. Because some men treat their women as if they're their properties that can be discarded. I can go on and on and on about the discrimination that women suffers but what I hate is biased feminist not facing reality, that EQUALITY will NEVER exist. Justice is what I believe in!! cool

I've said this countless times and won't stop, no matter the opinion of the biased feminists who are good at shifting goal posts when they're wrong. Unbiased crew that never agree they're not right as long as women are involved. Pffftttt
POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Idowuogbo(f): 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:
Money or credit i have none, but what i have is far greater than those..............................SWAG, is that accepted as payment grin
Declined! grin
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
Okay i think we should stick to the topic, now there are three points of View; those that support feminism but feel its not realistic and those that totally support it and those against it, so each has stated his opinion, i guess there's nothing more to that again anything else would be insults and off points.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
axion:
I'm rather sad that you can't see how ridiculous it is to bring up MLK's work in black racial emancipation as an argument in a discussion on feminism. It is off-point, that's all.

I ask you again Mr goal post shifter, are WOMEN not among our race?. MLK fought for racial emancipation, so I'm asking you again, are WOMEN not among our race?. Are they aliens?. Keep coming up with excuses, I'll keep asking the questions. cool

I don't expect you to answer correctly anyway, you'll shoot yourself at the foot once you say the truth cool
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by yfo: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Declined! grin

hmmm
dissapointed angry, thought I'd take you out to dinner......and have you pay as per equality things tongue
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
axion: @carujmonella What goal posts am I shifting? Can you show me? My stance has been consistent.

Passing a camel through the eye of a needle will be easier to achieve that to expect to you to admit the fact. Don't worry, there's nothing to show you, your posts will serve as an artifact wink
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
@pc guru

Most of the problems people have with Feminism are as a result of wrong notions about what it really stands for. Similar to how some people hate Muslims because of Islamic terrorist factions or hate Christian pastors because some evade tax and divert public funds to live lives of excess.

In logic there's something called Strawman's argument, where you set up your ideas about something you don't fully understand then you start fighting that imagination. It usually ends up in personal insults and nonsensical statements that fly the coop.

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by MrsChima(f): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru: Okay i think we should stick to the topic, now there are three points of View; those that support feminism but feel its not realistic and those that totally support it and those against it, so each has stated his opinion, i guess there's nothing more to that again anything else would be insults and off points.

You can't support something and then say it is not realistic. It's like saying scrotums are good but a nuisance.

You are either for it or against it. In some cases, you are neutral.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

Badosky the ogbonge iron lady, your boy is loyal grin.. I dobale for you wink
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Frankenstein: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
Feminists in Nigeria are a bunch of disgruntled women looking for ways to ridicule men or just to be noticed. How many of them have donated funds or contributed in any way to fight female genital mutilation, oppression of poor widows and the neglect of the girl child in most communities? Instead, they roam the Internet to seek for lousy equality. Just like me seeking for equality in coeducation schools-Girls receiving the same number of strokes for the same offense with boys. Ha very ha!

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by yfo: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru: Okay i think we should stick to the topic, now there are three points of View; those that support feminism but feel its not realistic and those that totally support it and those against it, so each has stated his opinion, i guess there's nothing more to that again anything else would be insults and off points.

If you witnessed the sister thread, you would know you absolutely spot-on bout the end-result as no one is likely to shift grounds.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

I ask you again Mr goal post shifter, are WOMEN not among our race?. MLK fought for racial emancipation, so I'm asking you again, are WOMEN not among our race?. Are they aliens?. Keep coming up with excuses, I'll keep asking the questions. cool

I don't expect you to answer correctly anyway, you'll shoot yourself at the foot once you say the truth cool
Women are among our race and if not for the remarkable work of activists like MLK I'd likely have been a house slave or on a cotton farm. I wouldn't have gone to school either unless one of my slave-parents married a freeborn. I wouldn't be able to come on Nairaland to argue feminism. Satisfied?

So how does this change my point that it is ironic for an educated woman to be against feminism when her education is mostly thanks to the work of feminism in antiquity?

Or, since you insist on using a race analogy, isn't it ironic for a freeborn black man to say today that he is against the abolishment of the slave trade (without which the negro should have been on a slave ship on the Atlantic)?
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

It's simple.. Read again.. Equality is a farce!!. It doesn't exist in reality. Maybe in dreams!!. Justice is what will ensure that woman cashier out there gets paid the same amount as the male cashier working with her who ordinarily might get paid more because he's a man. Justice is what will get an abusive idíot who punches his wife like his punching bag to spend a huge amount of time in jail. JUSTICE is what will get that woman out there who's babbling about equality and hence decided not to train her kids/send her kids to school because she did not get education when she's small, to spend time in jail(I know you will disagree with my last example because it has to do with a woman)

I'm a feminist becuase I believe women rights are being trampled upon. Because women are abused daily more than men. Because women are discriminated against. Because women are not allowed to reach their full potentials before getting married off. Because some men treat their women as if they're their properties that can be discarded. I can go on and on and on about the discrimination that women suffers but what I hate is biased feminist not facing reality, that EQUALITY will NEVER exist. Justice is what I believe in!! cool

I've said this countless times and won't stop, no matter the opinion of the biased feminists who are good at shifting goal posts when they're wrong. Unbiased crew that never agree they're not right as long as women are involved. Pffftttt

Definition of feminism;

fem·i·nism [fémmə nìzzəm]
noun
1. belief in women's rights: belief in the need to secure rights and opportunities for women equal to those of men, or a commitment to securing these
2. movement for women's rights: the movement committed to securing and defending rights and opportunities for women that are equal to those of men

You are not a feminist.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You can't support something and then say it is not realistic. It's like saying scrotums are good but a nuisance.

You are either for it or against it. In some cases, you are neutral.
Exactly. That's strawman's logic for you.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
y-fo:

If you witnessed the sister thread, you would know you absolutely spot-on bout the end-result as no one is likely to shift grounds.

grin. That sister thread was something else. Unfortunately, I was among the rot that derailed the thread. I plead guilty grin
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by MrsChima(f): 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
axion: @pc guru

Most of the problems people have with Feminism are as a result of wrong notions about what it really stands for. Similar to how some people hate Muslims because of Islamic terrorist factions or hate Christian pastors because some evade tax and divert public funds to live lives of excess.

In logic there's something called Strawman's argument, where you set up your ideas about sonething you don't fully understand then you start fighting that imagination. It usually ends up in personal insults and nonsensical statements that fly the coop.

I agree that people do not understand what feminism is about.

I read from some dummies who thought feminism was about lesbanism. I also read from some dummies that feminism is aboit emasculating men.

Nothing worst than a dummy with a college degree and still can't read a dictionary properly.

2 Likes

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
y-fo:

@de beauvoir, I see you not getting into the debates as well wink, wishing all you guys -debaters and by-standers alike- a wonderful week ahead. Cheers smiley.

Hey, good to see you again smiley

No, I am not participating in the discussion. I have no interest in discussing with the anti-feminists on the thread, they have nothing to offer that I haven't seen before.

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by MrsChima(f): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Definition of feminism;

fem·i·nism [fémmə nìzzəm]
noun
1. belief in women's rights: belief in the need to secure rights and opportunities for women equal to those of men, or a commitment to securing these
2. movement for women's rights: the movement committed to securing and defending rights and opportunities for women that are equal to those of men

You are not a feminist.

Thank you. I was just about to post the definition. kiss

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
axion:
Women are among our race and if not for the remarkable work of activists like MLK I'd likely have been a house slave or on a cotton farm. I wouldn't have gone to school either unless one of my slave-parents married a freeborn. I wouldn't be able to come on Nairaland to argue feminism. Satisfied?

So how does this change my point that it is ironic for an educated woman to be against feminism when her education is mostly thanks to the work of feminism in antiquity?

Or, since you insist on using a race analogy, isn't it ironic for a freeborn black man to say today that he is against the abolishment of the slave trade (without which the negro should have been on a slave ship on the Atlantic)?

It changes your point because you discredited MLK (which you're finally now admitting is among the brain behind both men and women having right to education and what not) because the moniker that corrected you was in support of your "raise your hand" sarcastic post... Simple Simple

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Idowuogbo(f): 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
y-fo:

hmmm
dissapointed angry, thought I'd take you out to dinner......and have you pay as per equality things tongue
Hahahahaha undecided

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by MrsChima(f): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
Frankenstein: Feminists in Nigeria are a bunch of disgruntled women looking for ways to ridicule men or just to be noticed. How many of them have donated funds or contributed in any way to fight female genital mutilation, oppression of poor widows and the neglect of the girl child in most communities? Instead, they roam the Internet to seek for lousy equality. Just like me seeking for equality in coeducation schools-Girls receiving the same number of strokes for the same offense with boys. Ha very ha!

Feminism in Nigeria is not popular and very few women in Nigeria are advocating that publicly.

It's means nothing when women complain about being treated like shit and does nothing about it.

I am begging African women and other nationalities to leave feminist movement alone for they are truly fucking up the pure cause of what is about.

Talking about and doing nothing is cowardice to me.

Spits.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Idowuogbo(f): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

I agree that people do not understand what feminism is about.

I[b] read from some dummies who thought feminism was about lesbanism.[/b] I also read from some dummies that feminism is aboit emasculating men.

Nothing worst than a dummy with a college degree and still can't read a dictionary properly.
Huh? Oh lawd! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Idowuogbo(f): 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

Badosky the ogbonge iron lady, your boy is loyal grin.. I dobale for you wink
Boy? shocked shocked shocked

I'm seeing things o!
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

It changes your point because you discredited MLK (which you're finally now admitting is among the brain behind both men and women having right to education and what not) because the moniker that corrected you was in support of your "raise your hand" sarcastic post... Simple Simple
undecided Guy you don't seem to be making sense. Where did I discredit MLK? I said it is off point, not that she's wrong. I hope you can comprehend simple statements in English?
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by MrsChima(f): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Huh? Oh lawd! grin grin grin grin grin

You were one of them.

Running off thread.

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Idowuogbo(f): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You were one of them.

Running off thread.
Nice one! 1-0

I'll get U bck. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

END Year 2016 With A Shout Out To That Nairalander Who Made You Smile This Year / He's Not Convinced I Love Him. / Disturbing Photos From Inside China’s Sex Robot Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.