Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:00 AM

Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) (49080 Views)

Photos From Baba Ijebu's 80th Birthday Bash / OJUDE-OBA 2015 : Pictures And Videos Of The Press Conference / Ojude Oba Festival 2014 In Ijebu Ode..who IS Attending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by OAM4J: 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

really? interesting.

omo ilumi eweso oh grin

which of the schools did you attend? JOGS, Baptist, Muslim college?

Weso o Olujo ege, Ibadi aran... Emi reyen oh cheesy

I attended Adeola Odutola College.

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
Eweso Ijebu!!! Repping for Ijebu waterside in Epe and Iperu Remo - but still tri-coastal (Lagos, Ogun and Ibadan)!!!!! grin

I had to bless this thread!!!

Ijebu's, the owners of owanbe-ism and the first to spend money in naija.

Ijebu's, the merchants and moneymakers. You can't be more business savvy than an Ijebu person!!

Go ask the 2nd richest man in naija and the richest black woman in the world.

Proudly Ijebu!!

Proudly Yoruba!! cool

Ps: I need to go find the "oriki Ijebu" on youtube!! grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by habex050: 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
not bad for a festival
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Italiano1: 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
nerodenero: The event looks very colourful ceremony. One thing you cant take away from the Ijebus is 'owambe'. They are good at it.

That was actually a celebration of culture and heritage
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by polarman(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
This is a clarion call to all Ijebu's who have deserted homeland due to "airforce(s)" to come back home. As it is popularly being said, Ile baba eni ki banileru #watevadatmeans#. angry . The airspace has been cleared grin. We also invite our friends and well-wishers.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by sambroose(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
Stupid thing, no security nothing nothing, my cousin was nearly killed in that ceremony last year .....ijebu people are ritualists, yes I said that.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
Idowuogbo:

5. Get someone to send your name to the musicians for praise singing
6. When the musician start praising you, dont get up to dance quickly wait till he thinks you are not gonna spray him money
7. When the musician is about to start praise-sing someone else...get up and bring out a bundle of money from your pocket, he must continue singing for you
8. Take your time while spraying the musician money... the longer the better, you have to steal the show

yes oh. grin grin grin grin

i once had my name praised and sang by KSA at an owambe . No jokes. (i was'nt even done with Uni den sef). . It felt so good to be honest grin

i bragged about it at Uni and even ordered the tape from KSA's office and played it to my friends and roommates grin grin I just couldnt help it grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by klax(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
Honestly this is one of the thing I love in this people kudos to them I so much respect their love and pride for their culture no matter what keep it up folks i'm so proud of you though i'm not your tribe but just like your love for you culture and vibrancy. I'm so proud of African culture.

Africa for life and 9ja for life.

This thread need no bigot please its either you celebrate this colourful pride culture of these Yoruba people or please shut a hell up

4 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by yetseyi(f): 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
proudly from Ijebu- ode
Last time I went for d event wz 10yrs ago nd I wz very fascinated by the horseriding by d different families.
talk about asoebi d@ matches from gele -ipele-aso- bag -shoe.
Trust my people dem no dey carry last.

Ewẹsóó dede omo Ijebu

3 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
OAM4J:

Weso o Olujo ege, Ibadi aran... Emi reyen oh cheesy

I attended Adeola Odutola College.

this is sooooo cool. cheesy

mehn. that was one of the best schools back in the days.

i have some of my uncles that attended the same college.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx: Eweso Ijebu!!! Repping for Ijebu waterside in Epe and Iperu Remo - but still tri-coastal (Lagos, Ogun and Ibadan)!!!!! grin

Ijebu's, the merchants and moneymakers. You can't be more business savvy than an Ijebu person!!

Proudly Ijebu!!

Proudly Yoruba!! cool

shymexxxxx, i see you bro grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by nerodenero: 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
The fun on this day is unlimited with unlimited food, drinks, music, money, and other things you find at big parties grin
Plenty 'mo gbo, mo ya' will flood the venue grin grin grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

shymexxxxx, i see you bro grin

I see you, my sister!!

God bless Obanta!!

God bless the alagemo's!!

God bless the olisa's!!

God bless Ijebuland!!

God bless Yorubaland!!

And God bless Nigeria!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
Darn!! I wish someone can just write everything in this oriki down and break-down the complex Yoruba they used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMSkD_yAmk
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Cestmoi1(f): 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
This is a colorful event and nice pix.I likey!

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by coogar: 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
ijebus & owambe parties....
they drink garri & ikokore for 363 days of the year and then spend N10 million in just 2 days.

i have been to this event once and the sheer display of wealth would make you think the average nigerian is not poor. the kuku family always outshine the others. grin

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by goddyzee: 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
i love dis ijebu dudes so sweet pple.even dia women are so sexy.bt wat am afraid of dem is dis dis addiction to juju.abi i lie?
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Lilimax(f): 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx: Eweso Ijebu!!! Repping for Ijebu waterside in Epe and Iperu Remo - but still tri-coastal (Lagos, Ogun and Ibadan)!!!!! grin

Proudly Ijebu!!

Proudly Yoruba!! cool

smiley
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

I see you, my sister!!

God bless Obanta!!

God bless the olisa's!!

God bless Ijebuland!!

God bless Yorubaland!!

And God bless Nigeria
!!!

Fixed!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by phkka1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
Na the Oba de sleep so or they don doam that thing. This section of Nigerians sabi enjoy themselves with the tax the Igbo man de paym.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by cashkidvsboko(m): 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin

OOPSS!!sowie,i missed my way again *enters keke n exists thread*
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Lilimax(f): 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar: ijebus & owambe parties....
they drink garri & ikokore for 363 days of the year and then spend N10 million in just 2 days.

i have been to this event once and the sheer display of wealth would make you think the average nigerian is not poor. the kuku family always outshine the others. grin
grin
I know the Kuku family.
They're blessed.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by UjSizzle(f): 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
Somborri take me next year sad
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2013

i have been to this event once and the sheer display of wealth would make you think the average nigerian is not poor

. the kuku family always outshine the others. grin

iwo lo mo grin grin grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2013

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What was it like?

Defo going to one in future!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by pharmow: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
sambroose: Stupid thing, no security nothing nothing, my cousin was nearly killed in that ceremony last year .....ijebu people are ritualists, yes I said that.

Maybe your cousin was mingling in the lowest class where there were cult boys. Surely U can't take away the presence of thugs in a citywide festival. But to say there is no security is a codswallop.........U have never been there, and U shouldn't make such irrational conclusion.

5 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
Lilimax: smiley

What's good, luv?
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Italiano1: 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
sambroose: Stupid thing, no security nothing nothing, my cousin was nearly killed in that ceremony last year .....ijebu people are ritualists, yes I said that.

The bad belle, jealous souls from the land of the rising sun are in the building- welcome, kedu!

Can you see how beautiful how women are?

3 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by pickabeau1: 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
As expected.......... beautiful women, dresses and colourfest

But sha,, why we go spend wads ontop party tinz when dekunle still dey house as per no money for school fees

hmmph...

siddonlook

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

I see you, my sister!!

God bless Obanta!!

God bless the olisa's!!

God bless Ijebuland!!

God bless Yorubaland!!

And God bless Nigeria!!!

you forgot to add LONG LIVE THE AWUJALE OF IJEBULAND grin grin Paramount ruler of the Ijebu people cool smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

This Is What Happens At A 'digital Nigerian Wedding' / Nigerian Man Celebrates His Wife's Birthday In The US With Helicopter Ride / Two Sisters Wed Same Time In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.