Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,118 members, 7,811,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) (48221 Views)

Photos From Baba Ijebu's 80th Birthday Bash / OJUDE-OBA 2015 : Pictures And Videos Of The Press Conference / Ojude Oba Festival 2014 In Ijebu Ode..who IS Attending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
OAM4J: @shymexx

There is a part of that Oriki video I like..very funny from 3:47

Igba Ijebu...Owo

kelebe (Ijebu's spit) Ijebu .... Owo cheesy

Igbe Ijebu (Ijebu's faeces) ....Owo cheesy

Ito Ijebu (Ijebu's urine) ...Owo cheesy

Otun Ijebu...Owo

Osi Ijebu...Owo

Iwaju Ijebu... Owo

Ehin Ijebu... Owo

Kekere Ijebu ... Owo

Agba Ijebu... Owo

Dudu Ijebu ... Owo

Pupa Ijebu... Owo

Thanks, sir.

Ijebu = money!!

4 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Ahmeduana(m): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
bayulll01: the yorubas gots style sha,we always set the pase,now wike and the rest can see what they call aso ebi not that ragg pej foster mother owne
BIGOT you don carry your lifetime heritage come this tread again?
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

The Egba's were also fighting Dahomey on the side as well. But the Ijebu's were supplying arms to everyone. I think Egba's also had access to the coast via the Egbado area. However, Ibadan should forever be grateful to the Ijebu's because the Egba's back then were tuff-as-nuts - -and those Ijebu rifles kind of balanced everything up.

Anyway, Ijebu's are peaceful people. The only language we speak is money. Money talks, bs walks. cool

Not so fast.

If not for the "Omo Ogun Ibadan" that stopped the Fulani warriors during the "Ogun Jalumi" the Yoruba might have been taken as Fulani slaves.

I think in those days, and some might argue even now, that we all bring different strengths to the table.

We were once Kings and Dynasties.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
So Coogar is from Ekiti? shocked

Ekiti women are divinely blessed with massive batty and ti.ts - the combo is nuts!! grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Meanwhile yoruba ppl too beautifu
l even with face coated with Mary Kay tongue
Fhemmmy:

i dont think that was called for

FIXED....cos i have respect for my ex ijebu girlfriend

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by 0monnakoda: 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:

My Father is Ijebu while my mother is Igbo. I never lived with my father, that's why i embrace my Igbo side more.
You better go and ask them properly for the real Truth
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Kool
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
chamotex:

Are you saying funkybaby is bakassi-nly defined?

Front and back, we are blessed cool grin grin

100 percent ijebu. Undiluted genes cool
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by tintingz(m): 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:
I am half Ijebu, half Egba. I represent different areas of Ijebu. Ijebu-idowa and Iperu-Remo gangan. I have to ask my grandma again for my Ijebu oriki.

I truly miss Ojude Oba for real. sad
So you are ijebu-idowa nice to meet you, am idowa too and ode. smiley
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Somorin#1:

Not so fast.

If not for the "Omo Ogun Ibadan" that stopped the Fulani warriors during the "Ogun Jalumi" the Yoruba might have been taken as Fulani slaves.

I think in those days, and some might argue even now, that we all bring different strengths to the table.

We were once Kings and Dynasties.

It's just banter, bro. All Yoruba's would forever be grateful to Ibadan warriors.

Back to banter:

Not taking anything away from them, but they did that with our rifles. grin tongue

Ijebu's stay strapped from day and we take arms everywhere. What's more gangster and Mafioso than that? cool
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by baby124: 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Nice grin grin grin

Finest women in Yorubaland:

1) Awori
2) Ekiti
3) Ijebu
4) Egba

Undisputable...
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
eluquenson: Am proudly Ijebu boy cheesy,
Eyin omo ijebu Eweso grin
cool!! Which part?? I'm from Ago Iwoye
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Tstark(m): 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
But why all di women come bleach like that? Yuck!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

Don't mind afam4ever

Proper mgbeke ibo boy... Lusting and wishing he had ijebu genes.

Meanwhile,chessboard you are a RETARD for that your last sentence. Carry your tribal nonsense else where.

I will forgive you cos You sound like my ex girlfriend......
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by coogar: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

You can see that I have rubbished your argument grin grin

Ijebu men live long and you know it grin

Do you want me to name another ekiti family where the husband died suddenly? You might know them sef wink

i didn't start the argument, someone else did. he was talking about how landladies outnumber landlords in ijebu, not some isolated cases. every settlement in the world must have widows but there are reports the incident is prevalent in ijebu.

shymexx: So Coogar is from Ekiti? shocked

Ekiti women are divinely blessed with massive batty and ti.ts - the combo is nuts!! grin

i am from wolverhampton. grin

Pataki:
More like the ebiripo. That meal does wonders! cheesy

ijebus deserve their own state. any progress with their proposal to the FG?
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by 0monnakoda: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
But this Awujale bad sha. He no even invite our baby and cowboy hat wearing Wrapper tying cousins grin

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

That's what's up.

I was gnna remind about what Ezekwesili and Okonjo Iweala look like.

Just don't kill the banter on this thread.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by coogar: 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
baby_123: Nice grin grin grin

1) Awori
2) Ekiti
3) Ijebu
4) Egba

Undisputable...

does this mean ibadan girls are ugly? grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
tintingz: So you are ijebu-idowa nice to meet you, am idowa too and ode. smiley
Oh nice! Do you know of Baba Yard and Mama Yard in idowa?

1) Awori
2) Ekiti
3) Ijebu
4) Egba

Undisputable...
1) Ijebu
2) Egba
3) The rest..... cool

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2013

1) Awori
2) Ekiti
3) Ijebu
4) Egba

Undisputable...

I think the Egba's should be on top of that list, then Ijebu should be next.

Egba women are good looking, trust me.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Italiano1: 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
Tstark: But why all di women come bleach like that? Yuck!

Are you sure you have mistaken them for the picture of Stella Oduah on the other thread? These women are juicy lovely things

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by kaze4blues(m): 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
Very colorful event.

Will love to b there the next time.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki: My late grandfather married an Ijebu woman.

My father married an Ijebu woman.

All you raving eyes, steer clear of funkybaby and any other ijebu peperempes on this thread! angry

We egbas love our ijebu women and their blessed bakassi! cheesy

Yes oh grin grin

**wiggles my bootay** for OAMJ4's eyes only cool
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by coogar: 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:

1) Ijebu
2) Egba
3) The rest..... cool

the egbas come first abeg - they are well learned & mostly sophisticated.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

Yes oh grin grin

**wiggles my bootay** for OAMJ4's eyes only cool
He has to come and juba for me first oh!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by baby124: 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:

does this mean ibadan girls are ugly? grin

Coogar you are looking for trouble.

Pataki:

1) Ijebu
2) Egba
3) The rest..... cool

No,
1) Awori
2) Ekiti - Ekiti girls are very pretty. Choi! (if not for bias lipsrsealed)
3) Ijebu
Everyone else is just managing
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Idowuogbo(f): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:
Bobo no go die unless to ba darugbo! cheesy
BObo! Bobo ooooooo!

*drums*

Kpajigijigijigijiji....kpa! grin grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by baby124: 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

I think the Egba's should be on top of that list, then Ijebu should be next.

Egba women are good looking, trust me.

Nope. Awori and Ekiti are the finest. Ekiti is actually the finest. But i am Awori... So i am biased. But Ijebu comes close to Ekiti.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:

i didn't start the argument, someone else did. he was talking about how landladies outnumber landlords in ijebu, not some isolated cases. every settlement in the world must have widows b

Okay. To be honest, this is the first time I'm reading or hearing of such report
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Idowuogbo(f): 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

That's what's up.

I was gnna remind about what Ezekwesili and Okonjo Iweala look like.

Just don't kill the banter on this thread.
Lmaaaaaao! grin grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
pharmow:

@Shymexx U have given me a serious work to do.............By hearing this made my head swollen, I just have to translate part of it to the best of my ability for people that don't understand to see. I could only do translation for the first 1 min 30 secs now. I will get back to it later.

Ijebu Oriki from the youtube video

the opening song: We are going out to celebrate with the celebrant, we are going out to celebrate with the celebrant, good celebration.

The Oriki proper

Let's all go to Ijebu
Let's great them gently, let's great them well
Obanta's children how is the weather?
Ijebu the children of Alare (nickname derived from how we greet ourselves), children of Alagemo (Ijebu's deity) that bless abundantly
Ijebu has stepped beyond just a community, it has become a big region
They have expanded beyond boundary amassing wealth from both inside and outside
Children of Abulesowo (literally mean one's that makes money from cutting land)
Ijebu children are kind and generous
Ijebu ode is Ijebu
Ijebu igbo is Ijebu
Ijebu Iperu, Ishara, Sagamu all belong to Ijebu
Ikorodu at the edge of lagos, Ibefun is there that accept people
Ewesooooooooooooooooooooo (form of greeting)
I great you Ijebu children
Children of Abulesowo, Children of Alare take it gently
The Children of 16 Alagemos
The rich people of shillings (old money of pre-colonial era)
The small Ijebu is money
The big ijebu is money
Ijebu male is money
Ijebu female is money
You are the children of knowledge that intelligently and calmly engage in battle
Ijebu the children of Alare, the children of Awujale (the king)
The Children of Obanta (literally the king is outside)
The children of blessing dieties I greet U
The child that see big container to carry money
The child that spray money like spraying water
Ijebu the children that use unity to quench enemity
The one that use unity to quench enemity when talking about Ijebu where the children of the enemies start shivering
The children of blessing dieties, the owner of this house I greet you
The child that use wisdom to cover his head
The children of ijebu are good people.......

to be continued

U bleeped up!! U mentioned Big ijebu towne ,u no mention Ago Iwoye!! D second Spiritual Capital to Ijebu Igbo!!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:
i am from wolverhampton. grin

Used to go to Wolves a lot back in the day. My darg from Peckham also lived and went uni there. Whitmore reans and Heath Town. Thought brum was dead till I saw Wolves. That's the deadest town on the planet!! grin But they've got some nice chics that would let you beat on the first night just because you've got London accent.

That's a village!! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Celebrates Birthday Party At A Cemetery (Photos, Video) / Ghanaian Bride Wears 20 Outfits In 2 Days For Her Wedding (Photos) / Bridesmaids Fall Inside River As Bridge Collapses On Their Way To A Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.