Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) (48218 Views)

Photos From Baba Ijebu's 80th Birthday Bash / OJUDE-OBA 2015 : Pictures And Videos Of The Press Conference / Ojude Oba Festival 2014 In Ijebu Ode..who IS Attending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
yetseyi:

hmmm ohk I'll definately ask for specifics .funny both my parents are frm Ijebu ode
ohk U're not frm Ijebu-ode but from d other Ijebu towns?

Yes, my people held the coast for the Awujale and helped in monopolising the trade back then.

We also fought the Anglo-Ijebu war against the colonialists - we're warriors!! cool

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by losvemous: 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2013

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
tintingz: See our mama's idi nla nla cheesy

Owambe tinz...she's grooving!! oya komole cheesy

cheesy grin

For a bum to still show inside wrapper, true true na correct Idi nla nla, lolll. grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by hercules07: 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

Yes, my people held the coast for the Awujale and helped in monopolising the trade back then.

We also fought the Anglo-Ijebu war against the colonialists - we're warriors!! cool

But you got your behind kicked in minutes, Ijebu eweso o.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva: We Ijebus sure know how to party. I'll be at the next Ojude-Oba festival with my camera.

''WE''

make una see famzer ! grin grin

dont worry you here, you guys have new yam festival tongue

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva: We Ijebus sure know how to party. I'll be at the next Ojude-Oba festival with my camera.
Omo inna claiming Yoruba?!

Won ni ki gbogbo eranko to ni iho lori yoju, igbin na yoju?! shocked Orisirisi sha!

3 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:
there are plenty of them - difficult to know who is who? it's a very big family. even the kukus don't know themselves cos there are 125th cousins down the line.

see this one....
it says ijebu, not ebonyi state.

I hear that. It's quite interesting that they haven't changed their family name, though. My paternal side's family name has been changed like twice, and my maternal side like 3ce. However, the names are still connected to family tree.

I'll give Afam an Ijebu chic - but on one condition that the family would be become matriarchal. So the Ijebu name would automatically become the family name!! cool
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Afam4eva(m): 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:

Won ni ki gbogbo eranko to ni iho lori yoju, igbin na yoju?! shocked Orisirisi sha!
Can you prove that i'm "Omo Nna". Go to my family compound in Ago Iwoye and ask about me.

Se iwo no je omo Ijebu ni?
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by chamotex(m): 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:

So Pataki is an ijebu man...oh lawd grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by HeadwayEvents(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ojude is now a serious tourist attraction. Just hear d story without seeing pictures. U wil want to b there. Nice to see this comments. Ewen omo ijebu alare. Obanta a gbe wa.

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by pharmow: 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

Thanks for that, bruddah!!

Yes, we get that money and ain't no one stopping us!!

You see, Ijebu's are very rich is all I hear all the time, hence why I'm trying to be an empire bigger than the British empire. Tryna make riches the tag of the Ijebu's on a global scale. cool

Best of luck on your journey to set history. I'm also on similar mission

One good thing about Ijebu is that history has shown that Ijebu people are relevant on global scale.

We've had the likes of Awolowo, Tai Solarin, Okunnowo etc. the list is endless in the past

In the present we have people like Wale Adenuga, Folorunsho Alakija, Otunba Subomi Balogun, Otedola, Prof Wole Soyinka etc this list is also endless

As a matter of fact, the Ijebus own what is now known as lagos. I also need to point out that the worldwide known Eyo festival originated from Ijebu
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

mehnnn. me too o. sad

btw: how you dey kiss
I dey oh! I was in your city some days ago, I suppose dey vex for you sef! angry

Awujale my Uncle will settle our kwanta at the next Ojude!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
Eweso oooooo...
Ije ari eni re walati Ode Remo nibe gbeyin Kaa ri iru enife eeyan wa,ko nawore soke oooooo
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

''WE''

make una see famzer ! grin grin

dont worry you here, you guys have new yam festival :p
My Father is Ijebu while my mother is Igbo. I never lived with my father, that's why i embrace my Igbo side more.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
hercules07:

But you got your behind kicked in minutes, Ijebu eweso o.

Lmao!!

But Ibadan's didn't even last a minute against cannons, did they? They had to negotiate!!

Epe fought against the British cannons and made the Awujale proud!! cool

Still searching for the Anglo-Ibadan war..................................................................................... tongue
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by jullary(m): 5:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
Anybody from ODOGBOLU ijebu. Ma bb pin 25B031AC
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by hercules07: 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao!!

But Ibadan's didn't even last a minute against cannons, did they? They had to negotiate!!

Epe fought against the British cannons and made the Awujale proud!! cool

Still searching for the Anglo-Ibadan war..................................................................................... tongue

My guy we were busy fighting the Ilorins, the Ekiti parapos and you and Egba people at the same time, we were actually defending an Ijebu town against the combined forces of Ijebu and Egba, of course, your warriors saw sense and rebelled against the awujale. I had cause to live with an Ijebu family for years, fantastic people, but, too many landladies for Shomolu o, dem don kill their husbands finish grin

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
chamotex:

So Pataki is an ijebu man...oh lawd grin grin tongue
I am half Ijebu, half Egba. I represent different areas of Ijebu. Ijebu-idowa and Iperu-Remo gangan. I have to ask my grandma again for my Ijebu oriki.

I truly miss Ojude Oba for real. sad

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:
I dey oh! I was in your city some days ago, I suppose dey vex for you sef! angry

Awujale my Uncle will settle our kwanta at the next Ojude!

Really? No vex kiss kiss
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by coogar: 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
My Father is Ijebu while my mother is Igbo. I never lived with my father, that's why i embrace my Igbo side more.

your dad would be disappointed you denied ebonyi state. afam, they are not sharing money yet, why deny your state of origin? is your second name peter?

hercules07:
My guy we were busy fighting the Ilorins, the Ekiti parapos and you and Egba people at the same time, we were actually defending an Ijebu town against the combined forces of Ijebu and Egba, of course, your warriors saw sense and rebelled against the awujale. I had cause to live with an Ijebu family for years, fantastic people, but, too many landladies for Shomolu o, dem don kill their husbands finish grin

let's just say ijebu women live longer than their husbands. grin there's no proof they have been killing their husbands. shymexx, what have you got to say to this?
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by ChristyG(f): 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
I would love to go to one of dis ojude oba events one day one grin;..even though am ijebu on my mum side
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
pharmow:
Best of luck on your journey to set history. I'm also on similar mission

One good thing about Ijebu is that history has shown that Ijebu people are relevant on global scale.

We've had the likes of Awolowo, Tai Solarin, Okunnowo etc. the list is endless in the past

In the present we have people likes Wale Adenuga, Folorunsho Alakija, Otunba Subomi Balogun, Prof Wole Soyinka etc this list is also endless

Great people!

You forgot Adebayo Ogunlesi - the man who bought Gatwick airport.

However, we need to take the baton from where they stopped.

And put our thumbs on the world, our feet in the back of everyone's ar.ses, and show them what the Jebusites are about. cool
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Afam4eva(m): 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:

your dad would be disappointed you denied ebonyi state. afam, they are not sharing money yet, why deny your state of origin? is your second name peter?
What are you doing in an Ijebu thread? Are you an Ijebusite? Pls respect we Ijebu cos we move things in Nigeria.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by ChristyG(f): 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:
I am half Ijebu, half Egba. I represent different areas of Ijebu. Ijebu-idowa and Iperu-Remo gangan. I have to ask my grandma again for my Ijebu oriki.

just like me too,l like to call myself ijegba smiley
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Can you prove that i'm "Omo Nna". Go to my family compound in Ago Iwoye and ask about me.

Se iwo no je omo Ijebu ni?
Omo nna, gbenu sohun joor. Go and claim your Anambra state na. Abi na by force ni? grin

What is the name of your family compound in Ago Iwoye?

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Afam4eva(m): 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:
Omo nna, gbenu sohun joor. Go and claim your Anambra state na. Abi na by force ni? grin

Omo Ijebi le mi. Owo ati swagger ni won man fi mo awon Omo Ijebu. Ijebu for life.

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:

Liar!

Ijebu men do not sow wild oats across the Niger cool

do not bring your tribal nonsense here abeg !

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Idowuogbo(f): 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:

Ogba werey. grin

7 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by coogar: 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
What are you doing in an Ijebu thread? Are you an Ijebusite? Pls respect we Ijebu cos we move things in Nigeria.

a chunky fraction of my friends are from ijebu.... i get free passes to ojuode oba to watch rich people display their wealth.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by hercules07: 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:

let's just say ijebu women live longer than their husbands. grin there's no proof they have been killing their husbands. shymexx, what have you got to say to this?

I know but, the three Ijebu families that I am very close to all conform to this stereotype.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by chamotex(m): 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:

Nice
Don't worry I will instruct band boys to specifically play ijebu songs for you on the Arsenal thread grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Celebrates Birthday Party At A Cemetery (Photos, Video) / Ghanaian Bride Wears 20 Outfits In 2 Days For Her Wedding (Photos) / Bridesmaids Fall Inside River As Bridge Collapses On Their Way To A Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.