Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) (48228 Views)

Photos From Baba Ijebu's 80th Birthday Bash / OJUDE-OBA 2015 : Pictures And Videos Of The Press Conference / Ojude Oba Festival 2014 In Ijebu Ode..who IS Attending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
hercules07:
My guy we were busy fighting the Ilorins, the Ekiti parapos and you and Egba people at the same time, we were actually defending an Ijebu town against the combined forces of Ijebu and Egba, of course, your warriors saw sense and rebelled against the awujale. I had cause to live with an Ijebu family for years, fantastic people, but, too many landladies for Shomolu o, dem don kill their husbands finish grin

But without Ijebu rifles (we were the ones bringing the arms in) - the Egba's and Ekiti's/Ijesha's would have defeated Ibadan!!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Ogba werey. grin
Lmao!!!! O ti sign!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:

your dad would be disappointed you denied ebonyi state. afam, they are not sharing money yet, why deny your state of origin? is your second name peter?

Pataki:
Omo nna, gbenu sohun joor. Go and claim your Anambra state na. Abi na by force ni? grin

What is the name of your family compound in Ago Iwoye?

Idowuogbo:
Ogba werey. grin

**faints** grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by hercules07: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

But without Ijebu rifles (we were the ones bringing the arms in) - the Egba's and Ekiti's/Ijesha's would have defeated Ibadan!!

Nibo, you guys blockaded us, though, a few friendly Ijebu chiefs helped, remember we were fighting you guys at the same time. I have been to Ijebu Ode several times and it is a peaceful city, the Gateway hotel was very nice before it was run down, bloody Gbenga Daniel.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:
let's just say ijebu women live longer than their husbands. grin there's no proof they have been killing their husbands. shymexx, what have you got to say to this?

Bwahahahahahaha

You got me there. I dodged that, bruv.

Funkybaby should be able to tell us more. grin

Perhaps, it's a naija thing. It's different out here.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Italiano1: 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

Liar!

Ijebu men do not sow wild oats across the Niger cool

do not bring your tribal nonsense here abeg !

He is just joking abeg grin grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
hercules07:

I know but, the three Ijebu families that I am very close to all conform to this stereotype.

it is just mere coincidence.

i know 5 core ekiti families... the husbands died a long time ago while the widows they left behind are still alive and well.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Lilimax(f): 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

Liar!

Ijebu men do not sow wild oats across the Niger cool

do not bring your tribal nonsense here abeg !
Habatically!
Me sef, I must be at the next Ojude-oba come 2014, God willing.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
My Father is Ijebu while my mother is Igbo. I never lived with my father, that's why i embrace my Igbo side more.

"Cough " Cough"..... brother this story gonna cost you a lot in this forum.... still observing
Meanwhile yoruba ppl too ugly even with face coated with Mary Kay tongue
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
chamotex:

Nice
Don't worry I will instruct band boys to specifically play ijebu songs for you on the Arsenal thread grin
Na Salawa Abeni go play next on ManU thread for you and coogar. grin

I remember well over twenty years ago when Salawa and Kollington will entertain us at Ojude Oba right after Ileya celebrations.

Ah! Those sweet years.....sweet memories!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by omodudutola(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ijebu women luk cute...gan

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

Bwahahahahahaha

Lamoooo. Don't mind cougar

@cougar
Adelabu's mum wink how come she outlived her husband? Ekiti thingz cool
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
hercules07:

Nibo, you guys blockaded us, though, a few friendly Ijebu chiefs helped, remember we were fighting you guys at the same time. I have been to Ijebu Ode several times and it is a peaceful city, the Gateway hotel was very nice before it was run down, bloody Gbenga Daniel.

The Egba's were also fighting Dahomey on the side as well. But the Ijebu's were supplying arms to everyone. I think Egba's also had access to the coast via the Egbado area. However, Ibadan should forever be grateful to the Ijebu's because the Egba's back then were tuff-as-nuts - -and those Ijebu rifles kind of balanced everything up.

Anyway, Ijebu's are peaceful people. The only language we speak is money. Money talks, bs walks. cool

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by chamotex(m): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:

I remember well over twenty years ago when Salawa and Kollington will entertain us at Ojude Oba right after Ileya celebrations.

Agba ti de cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
My late grandfather married an Ijebu woman.

My father married an Ijebu woman.

All you raving eyes, steer clear of funkybaby and any other ijebu peperempes on this thread! angry

We egbas love our ijebu women and their blessed bakassi! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by coogar: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:
Bwahahahahahaha

ask pataki - he's a very good historian.

hercules07:
I know but, the three Ijebu families that I am very close to all conform to this stereotype.

this needs to be investigated....

Pataki:

how old is pataki? 20+x years ago?

funkybaby:

Lamoooo. Don't mind cougar
@cougar
Adelabu's mum wink how come she outlived her husband? Ekiti thingz cool

prof adelabu fought stroke for years before he passed away. we are talking of sudden deaths here. grin cheesy grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

"Cough " Cough"..... brother this story gonna cost you a lot in this forum.... still observing

Can we see pictures of your mum and grandma?

6 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
chamotex:

Agba ti de cheesy cheesy
Bobo no go die unless to ba darugbo! cheesy
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Don't mind afam4ever

Proper mgbeke ibo boy... Lusting and wishing he had ijebu genes.

Meanwhile,chessboard you are a RETARD for that your last sentence. Carry your tribal nonsense else where.

3 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

i dont think that was called for
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by coogar: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki: My late grandfather married an Ijebu woman.

All you raving eyes, steer clear of funkybaby and any other ijebu peperempes on this thread! angry

We egbas love our ijebu women and their blessed bakassi! cheesy

what's the theory behind ijebu damsels and heavy buttocks? is it the garri or ikokore??
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
lolade123: This cultural heritage is beautiful,am an Ibadan boy,but God bless d Ijebu people,the Odua land,and Nigeria as a whole.
Wish to marry 1 of those beautiful ijebu chicks ,as in " ibadan loko ijebu".. wink

My grandfather migrated to ibadan from Ijebu ode and built a house in Ibadan in 1918.

It was only proper that I married a proper oluyole girl from oremeji side.

So my my friend, it's ijebu that is actually oko ibadan. Lol

Reminds me of ijebu ni abi eniyan.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by rhames(m): 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
Thank God for a fantastic heritage.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
stillwater:

For a bum to still show inside wrapper, true true na correct Idi nla nla, lolll. grin

Hehehehe.....Ijebu women are blessed. And when they wear those beads around their waist and shake their bum bum....ojigbijigbi!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by chamotex(m): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki: My late grandfather married an Ijebu woman.

We egbas love our ijebu women and their blessed bakassi
! cheesy

Are you saying funkybaby is bakassi-nly defined?

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

really? interesting.

omo ilumi eweso oh grin

which of the schools did you attend? JOGS, Baptist, Muslim college?
na Ago Iwoye I dey!! Na MHS I go!! Muslim High School!!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:

what's the theory behind ijebu damsels and heavy buttocks? is it the garri or ikokore??

More like the ebiripo. That meal does wonders! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:
prof adelabu fought stroke for years before he passed away. we are talking of sudden deaths here. grin cheesy grin

You can see that I have rubbished your argument grin grin

Ijebu men live long and you know it grin

Do you want me to name another ekiti family where the husband died suddenly? You might know them sef wink
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by OAM4J: 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
@shymexx

There is a part of that Oriki video I like..very funny from 3:47

Igba Ijebu...Owo

kelebe (Ijebu's spit) Ijebu .... Owo cheesy

Igbe Ijebu (Ijebu's faeces) ....Owo cheesy

Ito Ijebu (Ijebu's urine) ...Owo cheesy

Otun Ijebu...Owo

Osi Ijebu...Owo

Iwaju Ijebu... Owo

Ehin Ijebu... Owo

Kekere Ijebu ... Owo

Agba Ijebu... Owo

Dudu Ijebu ... Owo

Pupa Ijebu... Owo

3 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
Somorin#1:

My grandfather migrated to ibadan from Ijebu ode and built a house in Ibadan in 1918.

It was only proper that I married a proper oluyole girl from oremeji side.

So my my friend, it's ijebu that is actually oko ibadan. Lol

Reminds me of ijebu ni abi eniyan.

That's kind of similar to my maternal side, hence why my mum is like a proper Ibadan woman.

We need to annex Ibadan to Ijebuland since apparently Ijebu's make up about 25% of the Ibadan population and we chased the Egba's away from there. What do you think, bro? tongue
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
chamotex:

Are you saying funkybaby is bakassi-nly defined?
I say.....carry eye comot that level! I will give u one egba girl to cool down ur temper!

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

Can we see pictures of your mum and grandma?

The only fine Ijebu girl was my ex, sayo..... Mehn i run things ooo, from Odogbolu to shagamu to ijebu ode down to Ago Iwoye.... IGBO Boy nicknamed "Eshin" terrorizing all the ladies in Ijebuland cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ghanaian Bride Wears 20 Outfits In 2 Days For Her Wedding (Photos) / Bridesmaids Fall Inside River As Bridge Collapses On Their Way To A Wedding / Biafra Themed Wedding In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.