Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update (19563 Views)

Paul Boro Spends N157.2m On Armoured Car, And Other Cars – ThisDay / Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by babyboy3(m): 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
All I see here, is someone coached and prepared all her answers, I smell a cover up

Why would the Aviation Minister attend to or purchase bulletproof cars foreign dignitaries?

Dont we have a foreign Minister?

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by OluwaDrey(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
OAM4J:

Go back and read the whole report. Obviously you didn't.
ogbeni,I did. Perhaps u are the one that needs to apply wisdom to what u've read

7 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Moukafoam(f): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
OluwaDrey: and u sat with her in her office that day and knew she didn't ask questions,eh?? I hope u're not a nitwit

Why are you always quick to hurl insult? If don't have a contribution to make please read and don't comment. Try it I bet you will love it grin

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Jobig(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
to do the needful
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by vedaxcool(m): 2:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
OAM4J:

Go back and read the whole report. Obviously you didn't.

He does not understand how offices work, he thinks people ask question orally rather than in writting, on memos, in ministries or agencies, when a memo is raised, the officer or director responding raise any issue on the memo by minuting not asking silly questions orally! Queen of corruption only question was approved do the needful! Which simply was a directive, unless NCAA runs differently from what we are told.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
OAM4J: I am not fooled by Oduah's answer. How can you approve an expense without first asking necessary questions, like if the expense is covered in the budget? So what is the basis of seeking the Minister's approval if all she does is just to rubber stamp every proposal?

am sure you have never worked in a corporate environment.

the reason budgets are drawn is so that everybody is guided and if for any reason you act outside of its provisions you go in for it.

do the needful is an English word. its means do what was agreed in the budget as the approved expense

9 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by OluwaDrey(m): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
Moukafoam:

Why are you always quick to hurl insult? If don't have a contribution to make please read and don't comment. Try it I bet you will love it grin
have u tried taking ur own silly advice? Try it,u'll love urself more
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by OAM4J: 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
OluwaDrey: ogbeni,I did. Perhaps u are the one that needs to apply wisdom to what u've read

No problem sir. If you read through and you couldn't see her admittance of not finding out the basics before approving the purchase then its needless I explain it to you cos I will only be wasting my time. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by vedaxcool(m): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
Moukafoam:

Approved do the needful! grin
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by topcube(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: The fact is that somebody will go down for this.

Abi somebody don go down ni.... Who go down for Farouk Lawan? U don forget Ete matter (former 1st woman in the house of reps speaker). Who at the end go down for the death of Kudirat Abiola (abi, U no know say dem don realise sergeant rogger who even confess to the Crime)? Who went down for the death of Bola Ige (no be say the d then president claim its an arm robber that killed him)?, No be Nigeria we they? U've had her saying; the car is not meant for her, but for VIP's (that as brought her out, and the DG or NCAA will also refer to the approval letter as they cannot act on their own without the minister approval). Bros, abeg, next news....

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Moukafoam(f): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
baby-boy:
All I see here, is someone coached and prepared all her answers, I smell a cover up

Why would the Aviation Minister attend to or purchase bulletproof cars foreign dignitaries?

Another good question which I believe most Nairalanders will not agree with wink

What is the job of the ministry of defense and/or foreign minister which now have a perm sec. smiley
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by OluwaDrey(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
aguiyi:

the reason budgets are drawn is so that everybody is guided and if for any reason you act outside of its provisions you go in for it.

do the needful is an English word. its means do whats was agreed in the budget as the approved expense
why educate the stiff-necked? U shud have left him to wallow in his ignorance

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Built2last: 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
I knew that stella will knock off those doll heads. i reasoned this whole thing and knew that Nigerian men cannot handle it when a woman is at the top and dishing out instructions. Patricia Eteh was an example. NGOZI, DEZIANNI, and every other woman in power are next on the hit list. it doesnt matter your gender. our men have not learnt to take orders from women
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by lacidi: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
baby-boy:

Are you actuallying following this whole saga? Did you take time to read what the NCAA boss said about the dignitaries? Did you see where he mentioned the agencies that the dignitares represent? Did you not see that the list was all Airpace/airport inspection and accreditiation agencies. How does that then concern foreign afffairs ministry?

Na wa. The urge to find Oduah guilty has really made people to lose the ability for objective arguement.

11 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by gbadexy(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
"Do the needful". Ambiguous statement!
But we all know it means I no suppose tell u with all mouth before u understand na.
The Ag dg is the fall guy and possibly cosharis.
I don't think there is anything tangible on the minister. She covered her self well.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by OluwaDrey(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
OAM4J:

No problem sir. If you read through and you couldn't see her admittance of not finding out the basics before approving the purchase then its needless I explain it to you cos I will only be wasting my time. Cheers.
Drink to that
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by lacidi: 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
gbadexy: "Do the needful". Ambiguous statement!
But we all know it means I no suppose tell u with all mouth before u understand na.
The Ag dg is the fall guy and possible cosharis.
I don't think there is anything tangible on the minister. She covered her self well.
Coscharis has no case to answer.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by OAM4J: 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
aguiyi:

do the needful is an English word. its means do whats was agreed in the budget as the approved expense

Sir, if you have ever handled any management position, you will know you dont write "Approved" on any memo without first asking basic questions.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

NCAA has not spent any money not
appropriated by the National Assembly- Oduah

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

"NCAA acted within the ambit of law”.
“Nothing in the stated documents
mentioned my name. I did not request for
any vehicles. All I did was to approve the
purchase, subject to the agency doing the
needful (following the law). NCAA followed
due process as required by law.”- Oduah

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Goddex: 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
OAM4J: I am not fooled by Oduah's answer. How can you approve an expense without first asking necessary questions, like if the expense is covered in the budget? So what is the basis of seeking the Minister's approval if all she does is just to rubber stamp every proposal?

She approved it for NCAA and advised they "Do the needful" according to the law. That is what she should do. A minister overseeing a large ministry like Aviation with several parastatals may not personally be involved with transactions to that level you think.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by takedat(m): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
theshadyexpress:

12:17
She said her spokesperson’s admission of
the alleged purchase, while right on
concerns for her safety, was “inaccurate”.
She goes ahead to say online publications
that she compelled NCAA to purchase cars
for her were “false and malicious”
allegations. “False in its entirety!”
Says online allegations not substantiated
but based on “erroneous” comment of her
aide.

A lot of concocted hogwash. Her spokesperson, Joel Obi, released a press statement 3 days after Sahara Reporters had published the armoured vehicles story, Is she trying to tell Nigerians that her personal aide did not contact her before releasing a press statement that 'the vehicles were bought for the minister's protection'?

She said the N643million loan from First Bank is just 'mere understanding'? A 'mere understanding' that would make First Bank, N122million richer at the end of the 3 year repayment plan. At whose expense is this 'mere understanding'?

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
After this hearing i wonder what will be the next allegation by 'Stella must go' campaigners.
Next time they should pick their fights carefully, you don't accuse someone without solid evidence.

......and Stella stays. wink

13 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
DerideGull:

I have said it and will continue to say that Nigeria is filled to the brink with fools. Where did Nigerian constitution forbid anybody from the use of armored car as insinuated by Jerry Manwe of Taraba state?

You Sir,are the Fool;he did not say the Constitution forbids anyone from using Armored Vehicles,what he said was;He,as a Person,could not use the Cars that Oduah purchased. In your own Country that is filled to the Brink with Intellectuals,any Tom,Dick and Harry can use Vehicles from the Aviation Ministry's Motor Pool abi.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
This minister is a chronic liar!!! Where was she when her aide was confirming the fact that vehicles were bought for her "safety".

Why would the NCAA be buying expensive vehicles to convey foreign dignitries? What would the foreign affiars ministry be doing at such time?

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by akereconfi: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
arabanibaba: I DEY FOLLOW AM BOMBER TO BOMBER
am scared you ate your school fees.............smh

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by babyboy3(m): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
lacidi:
Are you actuallying following this whole saga? Did you take time to read what the NCAA boss said about the dignitaries? Did you see where he mentioned the agencies that the dignitares represent? Did you not see that the list was all Airpace/airport inspection and accreditiation agencies. How does that then concern foreign afffairs ministry?

Na wa. The urge to find Oduah guilty has really made people to lose the ability for objective arguement.

Ok they need Bulletproof cars to be ferried around. Common please do think?

Are you saying "all Airpace/airport inspection and accreditiation agencies" need so much protection?

Are they coming from Pakistan? Oh common not all of us grew up in bamboo trees
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
12:40
The aviation minister still rendering her
opening remarks.
The “First Bank facility to NCAA to the tune
of N643 million mere understanding not an
obligation” she daid.
“Nigeria’s airspace is now rate among the
safest in the world”. She adds that
allegation about car purchase is meant to
discredit her team and give the impression
her effort at reforms is not succeeding.
NCAA has not spent any money not
appropriated by the National Assembly.
The agency has even saved the nation a
cost and further embarrassment that may
occur in future.

So how is a repayment you have started making a mere understanding grin grin grin grin grin?

Stella's Magic at work

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Welrez(m): 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
What I cannot understand is why Oduah people in Enugu and other places are protesting her being accused of such a grave crime.They should hang their heads in shame!The truth will stand to haunt us that we are all massive contributors to the entrenchment of corruption in Nigeria.What even surprised me more is how the House of Representatives of Farouk,Elumodi,developed the moral piousness to undertake a hearing on this matter.Can a hand filled with shit wash clean another hand like itself?A sane public office holder would have resigned long ago.Japanese Prime Ministers have resigned for less offensive accusations and the difference between us and them,in terms of development, is clear.We will continue to be bogged down in this mess until we develop a sane political culture.Let Oduah go home and allow proper investigation to be done .If she is innocent,time will vindicate her.Her continuous occupation can only deepen suspicion,an ilk of a parasitic viciousness in a filthy system.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
theshadyexpress: 14:14 Attention has left the minister for more than half an hour. Lawmakers again tackle Coscharis over the disparity in chassis numbers of the cars. A frustrated Chief Executive of Coscharis, Cosmas Maduka,makes it clear his company has nothing to hide as the committee would think. “We are not doing monkey business here,” he asserted Mr Maduka was asked to withdraw the comment and he promptly complied.

^^^ Never a dull moment.

‘Oduahgate’: Okonjo-Iweala clears the air, says no duty waiver granted for armoured cars

The Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, this afternoon denied as “totally false and without foundation” reports that she granted duty exemption for the bullet-proof cars purchased by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) which is now subject to investigation by the National Assembly.

Clearing the air on the issue, Okonjo-Iweala said in a statement issued by her Special Adviser, Paul C Nwabuikwu:

“Rather, on June 23, 2012, the Lagos State Government applied for Waiver of Destination Inspection Charges and Duty Exemptions for Coscharis Motors Nigeria Ltd, the official Automobile Partner for the National Sports Festival (“EKO 2012”), to purchase 300 vehicles on its behalf for the event.

“Since the Lagos State Government met the laid down criteria, the waiver was granted.

It is also important to clarify that the waiver granted to the Lagos State Government for the event did not include the purchase of armoured vehicles.”

Coscharis Motors has meanwhile denied that the cost of the vehicles was inflated as alleged by those calling for the sack of Aviation Minister Stella Oduah over the issue.

•Photo shows Okonjo-Iweala.

Source News Express

Posted 31/10/2013 11:49:33 AM

Source

If this isn't monkey business, then I really don't know what is cheesy

He said the waiver granted covered the period of one year after which it would expire, maintaining that the Nigeria Customs was just an implementer of the laws and policies of government. He said however that because the cars were imported in the name of the Lagos State Government, a duty exemption letter was obtained by Coscharis from the minister of finance which made the service to forego the N10m duty payable.

When asked if it was proper for cars cleared by the Customs for a defined end user to be diverted to another user, DCG Jatau said to the best of his knowledge it was wrong, but added that Customs Service lack the mandate to know if such cars are transferred to another user after being cleared.

Meanwhile the Lagos government yesterday denied knowledge of the importation of the armoured cars in question.
A senior government official who craved anonymity said to the best of his knowledge Lagos state was not part of the deal.

“We are not part of the deal’, he said but promised to investigate further and get back to our reporter. He never did up to the time of going to press.

Last week, NCAA claimed it bought the cars from Coscharis for its operations and inspection of perimeter fences in the 22 airports across the country based on lease financing agreement it entered with First Bank Plc which is financing the transaction.

Source

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
take dat: A lot of concocted hogwash. Her spokesperson, Joel Obi, released a press statement 3 days after Sahara Reporters had published the armoured vehicles story, Is she trying to tell Nigerians that her personal aide did not contact her before releasing a press statement that 'the vehicles were bought for the minister's protection'?
Exxactly,the First denial Statement that came from her Office;are we to believe she just told the Aide "do the needful" too? Stoopid People.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Incrizz(f): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
RockMaxi: embarassed

Script acting.
Spot on!
I won't say whether I think she's innocent or not.
But this is clearly script acting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park / Herdsmen Kill Two Soldiers, Injure Commander In Nasarawa – DHQ / Reno Omokri Replies Suleiman Abba, Ex Police IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.