Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update (19559 Views)

Paul Boro Spends N157.2m On Armoured Car, And Other Cars – ThisDay / Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
lacidi:
Are you actuallying following this whole saga? Did you take time to read what the NCAA boss said about the dignitaries? Did you see where he mentioned the agencies that the dignitares represent? Did you not see that the list was all Airpace/airport inspection and accreditiation agencies. How does that then concern foreign afffairs ministry?

Na wa. The urge to find Oduah guilty has really made people to lose the ability for objective arguement.
Exactly. The urge to find Oduah guilty by fire and by force. The SHAME is on them.

11 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by akereconfi: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
arabanibaba: I DEY FOLLOW AM BOMBER TO BOMBER
which school you go?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Goddex: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
koonbey:

You Sir,are the Fool;he did not say the Constitution forbids anyone from using Armored Vehicles,what he said was;He,as a Person,could not use the Cars that Oduah purchased. In your own Country that is filled to the Brink with Intellectuals,any Tom,Dick and Harry can use Vehicles from the Aviation Ministry's Motor Pool abi.

Is he not a member of the House of Rep's Committee on Aviation? Can't the armoured cars be used to convey him on a visit to airports? Sorry, you are the foool.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
take dat: A lot of concocted hogwash. Her spokesperson, Joel Obi, released a press statement 3 days after Sahara Reporters had published the armoured vehicles story, Is she trying to tell Nigerians that her personal aide did not contact her before releasing a press statement that 'the vehicles were bought for the minister's protection'?

And from since that time she did not retract the "errorneous" statement by the aide.

Who is she kidding here? Why did they not task her about her obvious deceit?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by funnyx(m): 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
baby-boy:
All I see here, is someone coached and prepared all her answers, I smell a cover up

Why would the Aviation Minister attend to or purchase bulletproof cars foreign dignitaries?

Dont we have a foreign Minister?

Exactly! How important are the 'foreign dignitaries' and was this purchase approved by the FEC as stipulated by the law?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by nairaman66(m): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
We all know what committee has done and will continue to do- subvert justice!

That's the simple definition of COMMITTEE in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by OAM4J: 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
Goddex:

She approved it for NCAA and advised they "Do the needful" according to the law. That is what she should do. A minister overseeing a large ministry like Aviation with several parastatals may not personally be involved with transactions to that level you think.

"Do the needful" means NCAA should follow due process, which could also include seeking the FEC approval for such expenses. But her approval should not have been on the proposal in the 1st place without her knowing if the expense is covered under the budget. Your excuse that aviation ministry is large does not exonerate her from doing the needful herself before approving the expense, else her role becomes redundant.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
wonders shall never end.

Agreement with FBN is a mere understanding and not an obligation.

''Approved but do the needful'' -- what is the needful. the needful could mean, dont forget to pass my share into my account or whatsoever.

why will a sane minister approve 2cars at that cost? is that being prudent?

The cars are meant for foreign dignitaries? is NCAA or Min of Aviation the Min of Foreign affairs.

The Spokes person just started addressing the press without consulting her. that is a clear case of the person occupying the seat of the Minister of aviation is not worthy to be reckoned with, if her spokesperson even refused to consult her 1st on such a burning issue.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by means(m): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Show is over...Go back home CITIZENS. Ms Oduah has taken time to prepare her defence. Am afraid this is where it all ends..I've known this woman since her days at NNPC. She's smart.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Goddex: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
baby-boy:
All I see here, is someone coached and prepared all her answers, I smell a cover up

Why would the Aviation Minister attend to or purchase bulletproof cars foreign dignitaries?

Dont we have a foreign Minister?

Some comments can even be so annoying. How old are you?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by agwo2july: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Wasted effort by house of reps. They are really out to discredit her and her teams bcuz is the best aviation minister nigeria ever have.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by maninmood(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
I cannot be fooled anymore neither will every other sensible Nigerians. I suppose you all reasonable figures on Nairaland, not the dim-wits, understand the reason why she wasn't available yesterday. The logic behind her absence is simple- If that thief was there yesterday, things would have gone berserk. She waited to observe the heat of the hearing; and the possible questions. And while doing that her aides had analysed the possible response to the query. I bet she lost sleep over this by perusing the response over and over again.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by takedat(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
She was sent a memo for a purchase out of the budget and beyond her approval limit, and she wrote 'Approved, Do the Needful'. It means the minister is comfortable with whatever is done by the NCAA. She cannot in any way exonerate herself, if those she delegated or passed the responsibility to perform certain obligation errs. She 'Approved it.

Approved: Officially agreed to or accept as satisfactory.

"Do the Needful" is an expression which means "do that which is necessary", with the respectful implication that the other party is trusted to understand what needs doing without being given detailed instruction."

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
If this woman does not go to jail, walahi this country is totally messed up.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
Goddex:

She approved it for NCAA and advised they "Do the needful" according to the law. That is what she should do. A minister overseeing a large ministry like Aviation with several parastatals may not personally be involved with transactions to that level you think.

do you know how civil service works at all. so NCAA is the one that is expected to take approval from FEC?

oga go and learn.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by inob: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
I jst d observe
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by babyboy3(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Goddex:

Some comments can even be so annoying. How old are you?

Old enough to know a crook when I see one. grin

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Goddex:

Is he not a member of the House of Rep's Committee on Aviation? Can't the armoured cars be used to convey him on a visit to airports? Sorry, you are the foool.
Jerry Manwe (Member) to minister: If the
armoured cars were not for you as you
claimed, who is using them now?
Former acting DG answers for minister: Any
one can use any car in the pool
Manwe: Do you mean a cleaner can use
those kind of cars?
Former DG: Anybody can use; but those
kind of cars are for VIP movement,
including foreign dignitaries, including the
minister, and even you honourable
member!

Manwe; Thank you. But the law of the
country does not allow me to use those
cars.

@the Bolded;the Priviledge was not because he is a Member of the Committee,rather,it is because he is a house of Reps Member,so your Argument does not hold Water. Plus,the Problem is not the Purchase of the Cars,but the Bloated Amount they were bought for,and the irregularities therein,so he is right to say the Constitution does not allow him to ride in THOSE Cars; that Taxes were not Paid on;That are essentially illegal since they were imported under false Pretenses.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by RockMaxi: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
django1: If this woman does not go to jail, walahi this country is totally messed up.

Na today?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by RockMaxi: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
superstar1: wonders shall never end.

Agreement with FBN is a mere understanding and not an obligation.

''Approved but do the needful'' -- what is the needful. the needful could mean, dont forget to pass my share into my account or whatsoever.

why will a sane minister approve 2cars at that cost? is that being prudent?

The cars are meant for foreign dignitaries? is NCAA or Min of Aviation the Min of Foreign affairs.

The Spokes person just started addressing the press without consulting her. that is a clear case of the person occupying the seat of the Minister of aviation is not worthy to be reckoned with, if her spokesperson even refused to consult her 1st on such a burning issue.

A professional Spokes person will always do the needful. You don't have to be spoonfed.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by dbride: 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
She also approved 4 armoured cars purchased by FAAN and 2 purchased by NAMA. Now we have 6-8 bulletproof cars for foreign dignitaries! Haba Stella, did you not know that these cars are not in the budget? If you then decided to approve their purchase singlehandedly, why did you not follow due process. My Igbo kinsmen will jump in here with their empty brains to show how ignorant and empty they are. Disgrace! Anything and Everything as long as MONEY is made. Greed that is stemmed from a very low self-esteem.

We are only talking about NCAA, she has also pooed in FAAN and NAMA. Ndigbo defenders, defend all you can but you cannot stop the judgement of God. Where were you when Stella blamed God for the plane crash? No wonder she quickly absolved NCAA from any blame because one good turn deserves another! I just hope these defence clowns understand my drift since they seem to read every report regarding Stella's corrupt tendencies upside down without understanding...very low IQ indeed or they are blinded by that demon called tribalism.

I am happy though that some of my Igbo kinsmen are coming out to control the damage already done by those clowns who are completely sold out to the devil defending corruption without shame. Thank God for this few but very sane Igbo remnant! So many on the broadway to self destruction and ignominy, very few on the narrow path of honour and respectability.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by amarilo: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
Oduah 1 Yorubas 0

Game on.

8 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
After probing Oduah, we can now move over to Fashola

14 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by amarilo: 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
dbride: She also approved 4 armoured cars purchased by FAAN and 2 purchased by NAMA. Now we have 6-8 bulletproof cars for foreign dignitaries! Haba Stella, did you not know that these cars are not in the budget? If you then decided to approve their purchase singlehandedly, why did you not follow due process. My Igbo kinsmen will jump in here with their empty brains to show how ignorant and empty they are. Disgrace! Anything and Everything as long as MONEY is made. Greed that is stemmed from a very low self-esteem.

We are only talking about NCAA, she has also pooed in FAAN and NAMA. Ndigbo defenders, defend all you can but you cannot stop the judgement of God. Where were you when Stella blamed God for the plane crash? No wonder she quickly absolved NCAA from any blame because one good turn deserves another! I just hope these defence clowns understand my drift since they seem to read every report regarding Stella's corrupt tendencies upside down without understanding...very low IQ indeed or they are blinded by that demon called tribalism.

I am happy though that some of my Igbo kinsmen are coming out to control the damage already done by those clowns who are completely sold out to the devil defending corruption without shame. Thank God for this few but very sane Igbo remnant! So many on the broadway to self destruction and ignominy, very few on the narrow path of honour and respectability.
Chose another line or better think of another tribal accusation you will send to Sahara or osun defender.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by ThankGodEdeh(m): 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
django1: If this woman does not go to jail, walahi this country is totally messed up.

Bros, cool down. She must go to jail just the same way you sent Farouk, Otedole and co to jail. Isn't it obvious that Odua is innocent? Please, look for another way of carrying out your evil intention towards the minister cos this present plan is obviously not working out.

11 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
dbride: She also approved 4 armoured cars purchased by FAAN and 2 purchased by NAMA. Now we have 6-8 bulletproof cars for foreign dignitaries! Haba Stella, did you not know that these cars are not in the budget? If you then decided to approve their purchase singlehandedly, why did you not follow due process. My Igbo kinsmen will jump in here with their empty brains to show how ignorant and empty they are. Disgrace! Anything and Everything as long as MONEY is made. Greed that is stemmed from a very low self-esteem.

Nonsense! Express your opinion and move on. No one cares about your tribe

6 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by tmtech: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
agwo2july: Wasted effort by house of reps. They are really out to discredit her and her teams bcuz is the best aviation minister nigeria ever have.
I beg Õoº°Úº ......is our past aviation ministers soooooooo poor that pple kip refering to dis woman as our aviation saviour.....
Tho I no ffk no try @al

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
13:08
Minister insists NCAA did not exceed its
limit or violate the law.
She is reminded by by Jerry Manwe
(Taraba state) that the National Assembly
rejected armoured cars in the budget
which she is defending, the minister
buckles: “NCAA will answer that,” she says.
Minister is pressed by Zakari Mohammed
(Kwara state) why she exceeded her
approval limit, she said her comment on
the letter to NCAA was not final but
advisory to NCAA to follow the law.
On the said letter, the minister wrote
“Approved. Do the needful”.
Brief game on semantics here. Minister
says “Do the needful” could mean
anything”. But the lawmakers are not
having that. NCAA is called to explain the
“needful” it did. And the NCAA director
general shirks to the former acting DG who
was in charge then.

trying to use boldface for the committee by saying they did not violate the law.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by ghettogospel: 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
Odua the armed robber took her time to prepare her lies. But seriously the committee members ain't probing the right matter.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
cheesy
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by mui4love(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
may God have mercy,dat is nigeria 4 us.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
RockMaxi:

A professional Spokes person will always do the needful. You don't have to be spoonfed.

so she hired a professional spokes person that goofed. that says a lot about her sense of judgement. it actually took her how many days to realise he goofed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police / Era Of Free, Easy Money Is Gone For Good – Buhari / 2023: 6 Former Governors Eyeing APC Chairmanship Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.