Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update (19560 Views)

Paul Boro Spends N157.2m On Armoured Car, And Other Cars – ThisDay / Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by theshadyexpress(m): 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
superstar1:

stella's e-bingo. confirmed retardeen
APC local bulldog,keep exposing your insanity
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
Prof Corruption: "Do the needful" is the funniest phrase ever deployed to defend Madam Oduah!

1. Would NCAA have gone ahead with the deal with only "Do the needful" on the memo? What was needed to execute the deal was an approval by the Minister. Stella Oduah gave that approval. This is not a case of NCAA executing a deal without getting an approval from the Minister. Stella has exonerated the DG of NCAA from any wrong doing, at least up to this point. "Not approved" is clearly different from "approved, do the needful".

2. Does she have powers to give that approval considering the amount involved? Minister's approval limit is N100 million, anything more than that requires approval by the Federal Executive Council. But Stella gave an approval for a deal amounting to N255 million without FEC approval. Obviously, NCAA does not have means or powers to table anything before FEC without going through the Minister of Aviation. So, Stella is still responsible for the approval she gave to NCAA.

3.It beggars belief that a Minister would approve such an amount of money without prior discussions about the deal or without an elaborate briefings on methodology of execution. You can't just approve what has not been examined to your satisfaction. You read, schedule an appointment with subordinates, ask questions (if you are not clear about anything), then approve. If you have doubts about anything, you demand such is fixed before approving the deal. But once you approved, it means you are happy with everything.

So key questions answered.
1.Stella Oduah approved the deal
2.The approval was beyond her stipulated limit.
That's clearly an abuse of office.

This investigation has also exposed Maduka as a shady business man. He lied to both Ministry of Finance and NSA on a matter that ordinarily should be straight forward. Lagos did not order armored vehicles, Ministry of Finance did not and could not approve waiver for NCAA because it did not even submit any application to that effect. Ditto for NSA. But here we are NCAA have armored cars with fraudulent NSA clearance, all thanks to Crook-Mas Maduka. That's not all. The cars supplied have different chassis number to ones quoted on invoices, which speaks volume of the extent of desperation to cover up the obvious. Hear Okonjo Iweala here:

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=3301&title=%E2%80%98Oduahgate%E2%80%99:-Okonjo-Iweala-clears-the-air,-says-no-duty-waiver-granted-for-armoured-cars&scid=15
So, the importation and subsequent clearance of these cars did not follow laid down procedure. Maduka has more explanation to do.

That's not all. Read this:
grin grin grin

Now to the bank angle:
While first bank called it a loan, NCAA called a mere understanding, yet millions of naira have already been expended.
Read this:

And the minister approved all these without questioning. Approved just do the needful! Stella is a big thief.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/coscharis-sold-used-bulletproof-cars-to-ncaa-reps-allege/

So, if NASS did not approve the purchase, what do we call it? Extra-budgetary spending!

Put everything together:
****. Stella approved an extra budgetary spending to the tune of N255 million which is clearly above her legal approval limit. If that's not an abuse of office, I don't know what it is.

I expect a report from NASS that indicts Stella Oduah and Maduka.

God bless you 1000ce.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
theshadyexpress:

Oduagates Riro, Ndo. keep displaying your first class idiocy.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
theshadyexpress:

This mad dog is here again o! You need to be euthanized before you bite someone. Better still, stay in your cage.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by takedat(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
Prof Corruption: "Do the needful" is the funniest phrase ever deployed to defend Madam Oduah!

1. Would NCAA have gone ahead with the deal with only "Do the needful" on the memo? What was needed to execute the deal was an approval by the Minister. Stella Oduah gave that approval. This is not a case of NCAA executing a deal without getting an approval from the Minister. Stella has exonerated the DG of NCAA from any wrong doing, at least up to this point. "Not approved" is clearly different from "approved, do the needful".

2. Does she have powers to give that approval considering the amount involved? Minister's approval limit is N100 million, anything more than that requires approval by the Federal Executive Council. But Stella gave an approval for a deal amounting to N255 million without FEC approval. Obviously, NCAA does not have means or powers to table anything before FEC without going through the Minister of Aviation. So, Stella is still responsible for the approval she gave to NCAA.

3.It beggars belief that a Minister would approve such an amount of money without prior discussions about the deal or without an elaborate briefings on methodology of execution. You can't just approve what has not been examined to your satisfaction. You read, schedule an appointment with subordinates, ask questions (if you are not clear about anything), then approve. If you have doubts about anything, you demand such is fixed before approving the deal. But once you approved, it means you are happy with everything.

This investigation has also exposed Maduka as a shady business man. He lied to both Ministry of Finance and NSA on a matter that ordinarily should be straight forward. Lagos did not order armored vehicles, Ministry of Finance did not and could not approve waiver for NCAA because it did not even submit any application to that effect. Ditto for NSA. But here we are NCAA have armored cars with fraudulent NSA clearance, all thanks to Crook-Mas Maduka. That's not all. The cars supplied have different chassis number to ones quoted on invoices, which speaks volume of the extent of desperation to cover up the obvious. Hear Okonjo Iweala here:

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=3301&title=%E2%80%98Oduahgate%E2%80%99:-Okonjo-Iweala-clears-the-air,-says-no-duty-waiver-granted-for-armoured-cars&scid=15
So, the importation and subsequent clearance of these cars did not follow laid down procedure. Maduka has more explanation to do.

grin grin grin

Now to the bank angle:
While first bank called it a loan, NCAA called a mere understanding, yet millions of naira have already been expended.
Read this:

And the minister approved all these without questioning. Approved just do the needful! Stella is a big thief.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/coscharis-sold-used-bulletproof-cars-to-ncaa-reps-allege/

So, if NASS did not approve the purchase, what do we call it? Extra-budgetary spending!

Put everything together:
****. Stella approved an extra budgetary spending to the tune of N255 million which is clearly above her legal approval limit. If that's not an abuse of office, I don't know what it is.

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Lagosbabe1: 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
superstar1:

If I were you, I will stop replying to these people.

You know how they like to claim victory even in the face of defeat, when the storm settles and Stella is indicted for her corrupt practices, then everyone will answer their papa name.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
DerideGull:

I have said it and will continue to say that Nigeria is filled to the brink with fools. Where did Nigerian constitution forbid anybody from the use of armored car as insinuated by Jerry Manwe of Taraba state?

Can u blame the man? Did u really expect him to say " oh thank you for the offer, I hereby book it for 12pm on Saturday"!!!!
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by VICTORCIZA(m): 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
WE LOVE YOU STELLA.PLS STAY

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by amarilo: 4:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
Why is this thread moving slowly? Correct answer will get a 1000 naira recharge card.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by VICTORCIZA(m): 4:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
WE LOVE YOU STELLA.PLS STAY.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Seriousbusiness: 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
berem: He's been confirmed the number one HYPOCRITE on nairaland. Don't be surprised at his silly statement.

Abeg free that sincere9geria.He is jobless at the moment.He really needs appointment from Uncle Jonah!!
Shameless man.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by funnyx(m): 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
dontjealousme: Fashola is a Armed Robber. How does a gov explain the purchase of 9 Armoured vehicles. No wonder he keeps harassing the poor traders of Lagos.

Stupeed illiterate grin grin I like it when f00ls like you expose yourselves, just keep quiet next time on topics you know nothing about.
Fashola is an elected official, as long as the cars he purchased were appropriated for by the state house of assembly and passed into law it is perfectly legal so stop comparing apples with oranges. If Jona can buy fleet of aircraft to fly about to Jerusalem to lick one yeye stone as an executive Fashola too can buy as many cars he deem necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by theshadyexpress(m): 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
superstar1:

lie Mohammed pocket pu.s.sy and tinubus rag Pele keep living the life of a third class life
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by theshadyexpress(m): 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
payless:

This mad dog is here again o! You need to be euthanized before you bite someone. Better still, stay in your cage.
who let loose this stray r.tarded Jaguar from the Ibadan Zoo.....but no worries I have his antidote so everyone should feel safe
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Orikinla(m): 4:48pm On Oct 31, 2013

grin grin grin

Now to the bank angle:
Read this:

Put everything together:

100 Likes.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by ghettogospel: 4:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
amarilo: you never know maybe I be your relative. Don't conclude just like you did in Stella's case.

No one from my lineage can be as dumb as you. Going by most of your submissions here, it safe to say you gat akpu as a replacement for brain cells.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by areaboi: 4:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
Now!!!, i know the extent to which our educational system is bastardized. How come "do the needful" comes after "approved"?, if i were deployed to work at our company's branch in Abuja for a certain numbers of days then i make an expenditure of my trip and stay in Abuja on an expense form which is immediately sent to my boss to confirm and check for approval and then my expense form is subject to the finance department to scrutinize my expense form for any price inflation whatsoever, that's me doing the needful isn't it?. Is this not how it is done in an official environment?, then if the finance department isn't ok with what i've sent them they interview me after making their findings and slash whatever price inflation on my expense form. Afterwards, my boss is scolded for approving such outrageous amount and that's the way it should work. for that phrase "approved do the needful" is so gross and insults my intellect. It sounds so annoying and that's a bastard antics from the Minister, how can you approve without proper scrutiny on your own side if you know very well to tell me to do the needful.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by theshadyexpress(m): 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
ghettogospel:

No one from my lineage can be as dumb as you. Going by most of your submissions here, it safe to say you gat akpu as a replacement for brain cells.
and you got decayed s.hit as a replacement for yours
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Fadelex(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
sincere Nigerian, I know you're still viewing dis thread, plz respond to the points raised by prof corruption.... plz and plz, I'm talkin to sincere Nigerian only not other pro oduah without enough intellect to discus on open forum like dis without namecalling
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by gurnam: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
funnyx:

Stupeed illiterate grin grin I like it when f00ls like you expose yourselves, just keep quiet next time on topics you know nothing about.
Fashola is an elected official, as long as the cars he purchased were appropriated for by the state house of assembly and passed into law it is perfectly legal so stop comparing apples with oranges. If Jona can buy fleet of aircraft to fly about to Jerusalem to lick one yeye stone as an executive Fashola too can buy as many cars he deem necessary.

Hahahaaaaaa....dude you are funny! That got me really cracking. I was pissed with that pix of a whole President of the country with the largest black population on earth touching one wall and referencing it in a Jewish Land talking to a Jewish God....

That is a classic case of mind-colonialism..

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Rad1cal: 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fadelex: sincere Nigerian, I know you're still viewing dis thread, plz respond to the points raised by prof corruption.... plz and plz, I'm talkin to sincere Nigerian only not other pro oduah without enough intellect to discus on open forum like dis without namecalling

Kengali will do the honours excellently
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Lagosbabe1: 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
theshadyexpress:

There is no need for these exchange of insults. We are all watching if GEJ will "do the needful" and sack this very corrupt woman and show Nigerians that he intends to fight corruption starting from his administration.

wearewatching#
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Lagosbabe1: 5:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fadelex: sincere Nigerian, I know you're still viewing dis thread, plz respond to the points raised by prof corruption.... plz and plz, I'm talkin to sincere Nigerian only not other pro oduah without enough intellect to discus on open forum like dis without namecalling

You are very funny, you should not believe a word that comes out from that poster. He/She is the worst sycophant I have come across- even Ofonagoro and Chukwumerije were not this bad. As for name-calling, that is Insincere Nigerian's forte, any one that does not support GEJ till 2019 is a APC goon in Insincer's opinion.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
Approved, I am going to do the needful too. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 5:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

You are very funny, you should not believe a word that comes out from that poster. He/She is the worst sycophant I have come across- even Ofonagoro and Chukwumerije were not this bad. As for name-calling, that is Insincere Nigerian's forte, any one that does not support GEJ till 2019 is a APC goon in Insincer's opinion.

sincere 9jerian keh? that one that will be doing abracadabra of calling colour black white without blinking.

haba!!!

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Longeria(m): 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
lakhadimar: STEALER oduah must go
Your life depends on sack abi?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by ballabriggs: 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
"approved do the needful" i.e cut my share come

Hehehehe Akabo le le O. A'chineke nna eriela ariri. Onyeoshi azuruazu

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by ghettogospel: 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
theshadyexpress:

Who is this uncircumcised son of a biatch. Did I talk to you homo erectus before you open that your buccal cavity that smells like an overused lab cadaver to wanna jawjaw with me(your chi). Gtfoh before I whip you to the dustbin of nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2013

that trash he put up there does not deserve response.

its obvious that some nairalanders have never held managerial positions before.

the reason Jesus Christ refused to jump when prompted by the devil with a promise was because he know the devils limits and as a result has no power to give him what he offered.

expect more lay offs in that ministry, that is all i can say.

deals are done every were, if you can not cover your tracks very well, you go in for it.

whether there is deal or not is not the question here, the questions is , what is stopping the national assembly from ordering a return of that car to the vendor with the money expended returned, worst case, management and processing fee on the facility would be all that will be paid to the bank.
they still have the car, so no point delivering them since it is not needed or approved
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Guk: 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
atlwireles: I think the revelation from this hearing are the 300 cars imported by Lagos state. How much did all these cars cost? Where are the cars today? What kind of cars were they?

As for Oduah, she can walk and be proud. I knew, she would acquit herself in a public hearing.

I wonder where and why Lagos state comes into this?? Its very clear from the statement made from Customs at the hearing yesterday that Lagos state has nothing to do with this as you are insinuating.

Its this simple: For the purpose of National Sports Festival Hosted by Lagos state, an import duty waiver was granted to Coscharis to bring in/import cars for the use of the Festival. Coscharis then utilised the same waiver to cover the BMW cars so as to avoid duty payment & thats why Customs said no duty was paid on the cars. Simple. That action by Coscharis is proven is criminal and fraudlent

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by nameo: 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
django1: This minister is a chronic liar!!! Where was she when her aide was confirming the fact that vehicles were bought for her "safety".

Why would the NCAA be buying expensive vehicles to convey foreign dignitries? What would the foreign affiars ministry be doing at such time?

Perhaps Foreign Dignitaries related to the Aviation Sector like the guys from ICAO and IATA who spent some time in Nigeria recently audit the Aviation facilities in the country. Those kind people do not concern the Foreign Ministry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Militants Surrender Their Weapons In Rivers State, Nigerians React.PICS / Reveal The Real Reason Buhari Is Travelling To London – PDP Dares Presidency / Police Kill Two and Arrest 5 Gunmen Who Attack Osun Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.