Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update (19558 Views)

Paul Boro Spends N157.2m On Armoured Car, And Other Cars – ThisDay / Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by frankson1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] 'DO THE NEEDFUL'.. Cover your tracks,in case...

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
dontjealousme: Fashola is a Armed Robber. How does a gov explain the purchase of 9 Armoured vehicles. No wonder he keeps harassing the poor traders of Lagos.
THIS is what I am saying oo,last I heard it was 3 Jeeps, @Sincere9gerian...is this the kind of ish you plan to use in your Probe against Fashola?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by amarilo: 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
imperiouxx:

Hmmm! I see, a symptom of schizophrenia...... to them everyone is mad.

Who come do you like this? cry cry
u still not get it do ya? I have never seen where a sane person is arguing with a mad man. It's either the two are mad or the two are ok. Now chose one for both of us. Are we mad people arguing or are we sane people arguing? I need an answer.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by imperiouxx(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
amarilo: u still not get it do ya? I have never seen where a sane person is arguing with a mad man. It's either the two are mad or the two are ok. Now chose one for both of us. Are we mad people arguing or are we sane people arguing? I need an answer.

funny guy
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by amarilo: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
ballabriggs:

Make you no die o before sincerenigerian chop your N4000 mUHEHEHEHE grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
make him chop, I no need am. But I fear for ur stroke ooh. U are still young.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by dontjealousme: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
koonbey: THIS is what I am saying oo,last I heard it was 3 Jeeps, @Sincere9gerian...is this the kind of ish you plan to use in your Probe against Fashola?

Shut up there. I am giving info from reliable inside source and ur talking trash. Abi u think Fashola case go be like Stella that u people manufacture fake reports daily.

Fashola is a Thief and the better this fact is accepted, then Lagosians can start to enjoy the fruits of their Labour and not Tinubu or Fashola Iyaloja and babaloja criminals.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by fender(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Built2last: I knew that stella will knock off those doll heads. i reasoned this whole thing and knew that Nigerian men cannot handle it when a woman is at the top and dishing out instructions. Patricia Eteh was an example. NGOZI, DEZIANNI, and every other woman in power are next on the hit list. it doesnt matter your gender. our men have not learnt to take orders from women

Sense + Brain = Waste
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by amarilo: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
imperiouxx:

funny guy
it's not a matter of being funny, answer the question.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
anytexy: For me she spent the money on official vehicle and for smooth running of her ministry. And people are asking for her head. What of those who made away wth our billions of naira for there private pocket? They did not use it for official purpose. What will happen to them?

so because she bought vehicles that have no correlation with her ministry, which is tantamoun to wanton waste of public fund and she did not put the money in her pocket, we should applaud her. funny you.

if we can applaud her for a good service of buying cars at exaggerated prices, we can as well say there is no prove that others put the money in their pockets too. there is no physical money or physical pockets to verify. for your info, money gets into pockets through exaggerated pricing and elephant projects such as buying of armoured vehicle for NCAA/Min of aviation and not Min. of Foreign affairs.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by imperiouxx(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
amarilo: it's not a matter of being funny, answer the question.

I've concluded it.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by amarilo: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
superstar1:

so because she used bought vehicles that have no correlation with her ministry, which is tantamoun to wanton waste of public fund and she did not put the money in her pocket, we should applaud her. funny you.

if we can applaud her for a good service of buying cars at exaggerated prices, we can as well say there is no prove that others put the money in their pockets too, there is no physical money or physical pockets to verify. for your info, money gets into pockets through exagerrated pricing and elephant projects such as buying armoured vehicle for NCAA/Min of aviation and not Min. of Foreign affairs.
where did you read it that she bought those cars in question. Please share with us.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
dontjealousme:

Shut up there. I am giving info from reliable inside source and ur talking trash. Abi u think Fashola case go be like Stella that u people manufacture fake reports daily.

Fashola is a Thief and the better this fact is accepted, then Lagosians can start to enjoy the fruits of their Labour and not Tinubu or Fashola Iyaloja and babaloja criminals.

Info from an Inside Source...Wooow...

chill,inside where...Yaba Left undecided

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by amarilo: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
imperiouxx:

I've concluded it.
two mad people are still arguing.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by tete7000(m): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
How have these dignitaries for whom the cars were bought been conveyed to date? What risk were they exposed to all this while? Did any risk assesment done that warrant buying armoured vehicles for them? The investigation I believe suppose to start with these types of questions. There is need to first establish whether there is need for armoured vehicles before we begin to go into legality of the contract.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by theshadyexpress(m): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
fender:

Sense + Brain = Waste
your body + your soul =useless
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by theshadyexpress(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
superstar1:

so because she bought vehicles that have no correlation with her ministry, which is tantamoun to wanton waste of public fund and she did not put the money in her pocket, we should applaud her. funny you.

if we can applaud her for a good service of buying cars at exaggerated prices, we can as well say there is no prove that others put the money in their pockets too. there is no physical money or physical pockets to verify. for your info, money gets into pockets through exaggerated pricing and elephant projects such as buying of armoured vehicle for NCAA/Min of aviation and not Min. of Foreign affairs.
it would have been better you read the post and bypass it than read it and comment on it like a slowpoke
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by AroOkigbo(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
"Approved. Do the needful"
After making headlines on tomorrow's dailies, I expect this case will start to wind down.
And for our OFE neighbours, kindly suggest an acceptable score line. Is the widely advertised 1:0 against you fair enough?

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by dontjealousme: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
koonbey:

Decorum is wat u witch hunters lack. Fashola will have his day before the appropriate authorities that will receive evidence.

When case starts, u can use ur yoruba press to dictate the outcome. nonsense.

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by theshadyexpress(m): 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
koonbey:

that your permanent residence abi?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by princenonny(m): 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
baby-boy:
All I see here, is someone coached and prepared all her answers, I smell a cover up

Why would the Aviation Minister attend to or purchase bulletproof cars foreign dignitaries?

Dont we have a foreign Minister?
slowpoke. U r dissapointed cos the evidence on ground has shown she broke no laws. She will stun her critics and only get stronger
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by pazienza(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
Aro Okigbo: "Approved. Do the needful"
After making headlines on tomorrow's dailies, I expect this case will start to wind down.
And for our OFE neighbours, kindly suggest an acceptable score line. Is the widely advertised 1:0 against you fair enough?

Stella will do them 'shege', wait till this is over, i expect more sacking of incompetent yorubas in the aviation ministry, to ensure we have federal character implemented. Enwebedi ife fa fuu.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
theshadyexpress:
it would have been better you read the post and bypass it than read it and comment on it like a slowpoke

are you ok at all.

Omo Ale
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
theshadyexpress:
that your permanent residence abi?
[size=4pt]I don't normally do this but...[/size]

me and your Father.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
"Do the needful" is the funniest phrase ever deployed to defend Madam Oduah!

1. Would NCAA have gone ahead with the deal with only "Do the needful" on the memo? What was needed to execute the deal was an approval by the Minister. Stella Oduah gave that approval. This is not a case of NCAA executing a deal without getting an approval from the Minister. Stella has exonerated the DG of NCAA from any wrong doing, at least up to this point. "Not approved" is clearly different from "approved, do the needful".

2. Does she have powers to give that approval considering the amount involved? Minister's approval limit is N100 million, anything more than that requires approval by the Federal Executive Council. But Stella gave an approval for a deal amounting to N255 million without FEC approval. Obviously, NCAA does not have means or powers to table anything before FEC without going through the Minister of Aviation. So, Stella is still responsible for the approval she gave to NCAA.

3.It beggars belief that a Minister would approve such an amount of money without prior discussions about the deal or without an elaborate briefings on methodology of execution. You can't just approve what has not been examined to your satisfaction. You read, schedule an appointment with subordinates, ask questions (if you are not clear about anything), then approve. If you have doubts about anything, you demand such is fixed before approving the deal. But once you approved, it means you are happy with everything.

So key questions answered.
1.Stella Oduah approved the deal
2.The approval was beyond her stipulated limit.
That's clearly an abuse of office.

This investigation has also exposed Maduka as a shady business man. He lied to both Ministry of Finance and NSA on a matter that ordinarily should be straight forward. Lagos did not order armored vehicles, Ministry of Finance did not and could not approve waiver for NCAA because it did not even submit any application to that effect. Ditto for NSA. But here we are NCAA have armored cars with fraudulent NSA clearance, all thanks to Crook-Mas Maduka. That's not all. The cars supplied have different chassis number to ones quoted on invoices, which speaks volume of the extent of desperation to cover up the obvious. Hear Okonjo Iweala here:
Clearing the air on the issue, Okonjo-Iweala said in a statement issued by her Special Adviser, Paul C Nwabuikwu:
“Rather, on June 23, 2012, the Lagos State Government applied for Waiver of Destination Inspection Charges and Duty Exemptions for Coscharis Motors Nigeria Ltd, the official Automobile Partner for the National Sports Festival (“EKO 2012”), to purchase 300 vehicles on its behalf for the event.“Since the Lagos State Government met the laid down criteria, the waiver was granted.It is also important to clarify that the waiver granted to the Lagos State Government for the event did not include the purchase of armoured vehicles.”

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=3301&title=%E2%80%98Oduahgate%E2%80%99:-Okonjo-Iweala-clears-the-air,-says-no-duty-waiver-granted-for-armoured-cars&scid=15
So, the importation and subsequent clearance of these cars did not follow laid down procedure. Maduka has more explanation to do.

That's not all. Read this:
The lawmakers insisted that the cars was not brand new.Though, Maduka tried to explain that the high mileage recorded in the vehicle could have been the result of usage by NCAA, the agency denied ever using the car since it was delivered.
grin grin grin

Now to the bank angle:
While first bank called it a loan, NCAA called a mere understanding, yet millions of naira have already been expended.
Read this:
The financing bank, First Bank of Nigeria Plc, denied the claim by the NCAA that the cars were bought under a lease agreement, insisting that the NCAA requested for loan to buy them.The bank said the NCAA actually wrote to the bank seeking loans to buy cars for its management staff and agreements were reached on how the loans would be paid back in 36 installments.The bank said the N643 million loan it granted NCAA attracts interest of N500 million within the 36 months life span. When put on the burner, the NCAA management agreed that it committed a big error in asking for the minister’s permission to buy cars in excess of what was approved for in the budget by parliament.
They also apologised to the House of Representatives for the sustained campaign on television programmes in which the agency has been telling Nigerians that the National Assembly approved purchase of the cars

And the minister approved all these without questioning. Approved just do the needful! Stella is a big thief.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/coscharis-sold-used-bulletproof-cars-to-ncaa-reps-allege/

So, if NASS did not approve the purchase, what do we call it? Extra-budgetary spending!

Put everything together:
****. Stella approved an extra budgetary spending to the tune of N255 million which is clearly above her legal approval limit. If that's not an abuse of office, I don't know what it is.

I expect a report from NASS that indicts Stella Oduah and Maduka.

16 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by theshadyexpress(m): 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
superstar1:

are you ok at all.

Omo Ale
u must be a V*A*G*ABOND
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
theshadyexpress:
u must be a V*A*G*ABOND

stella's e-bingo. confirmed retardeen

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by ghettogospel: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
amarilo: Next election try and contest, if so you win refresh the case.

Jumping thread wide like a lower primate is just affirming to the fact that people from your part of the world are sub humans.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by amarilo: 4:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
superstar1:

stella's e-bingo. confirmed retardeen
Prof Corruption: "Do the needful" is the funniest phrase ever deployed to defend Madam Oduah!

1. Would NCAA have gone ahead with the deal with only "Do the needful" on the memo? What was needed to execute the deal was an approval by the Minister. Stella Oduah gave that approval. This is not a case of NCAA executing a deal without getting an approval from the Minister. Stella has exonerated the DG of NCAA from any wrong doing, at least up to this point. "Not approved" is clearly different from "approved, do the needful".

2. Does she have powers to give that approval considering the amount involved? Minister's approval limit is N100 million, anything more than that requires approval by the Federal Executive Council. But Stella gave an approval for a deal amounting to N255 million without FEC approval. Obviously, NCAA does not have means or powers to table anything before FEC without going through the Minister of Aviation. So, Stella is still responsible for the approval she gave to NCAA.

3.It beggars belief that a Minister would approve such an amount of money without prior discussions about the deal or without an elaborate briefings on methodology of execution. You can't just approve what has not been examined to your satisfaction. You read, schedule an appointment with subordinates, ask questions (if you are not clear about anything), then approve. If you have doubts about anything, you demand such is fixed before approving the deal. But once you approved, it means you are happy with everything.

This investigation has also exposed Maduka as a shady business man. He lied to both Ministry of Finance and NSA on a matter that ordinarily should be straight forward. Lagos did not order armored vehicles, Ministry of Finance did not and could not approve waiver for NCAA because it did not even submit any application to that effect. Ditto for NSA. But here we are NCAA have armored cars with fraudulent NSA clearance, all thanks to Crook-Mas Maduka. That's not all. The cars supplied have different chassis number to ones quoted on invoices, which speaks volume of the extent of desperation to cover up the obvious. Hear Okonjo Iweala here:

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=3301&title=%E2%80%98Oduahgate%E2%80%99:-Okonjo-Iweala-clears-the-air,-says-no-duty-waiver-granted-for-armoured-cars&scid=15
So, the importation and subsequent clearance of these cars did not follow laid down procedure. Maduka has more explanation to do.

grin grin grin

Now to the bank angle:
While first bank called it a loan, NCAA called a mere understanding, yet millions of naira have already been expended.
Read this:

And the minister approved all these without questioning. Approved just do the needful! Stella is a big thief.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/coscharis-sold-used-bulletproof-cars-to-ncaa-reps-allege/

So, if NASS did not approve the purchase, what do we call it? Extra-budgetary spending!

Put everything together:
****. Stella approved an extra budgetary spending to the tune of N255 million which is clearly above her legal approval limit. If that's not an abuse of office, I don't know what it is.

Is it coscharis una go face now?

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
Prof Corruption: "Do the needful" is the funniest phrase ever deployed to defend Madam Oduah!

grin grin grin

Now to the bank angle:
Read this:

Put everything together:

God bless you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by elari(m): 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
OluwaDrey: Drink to that
. . . u are an ediot, a big head without brains. u read an article witout comprehending the nitty gritty and come here to hurl insults.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by amarilo: 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
ghettogospel:

Jumping thread wide like a lower primate is just affirming to the fact that people from your part of your world are sub humans.
you never know maybe I be your relative. Don't conclude just like you did in Stella's case.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by sonickay(m): 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
ThankGod Edeh:
Thank you and God bless you.
No I disagree completely partially. Her proper name should be INNOCENTA OLIVER TWIST

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Acho Ihim Defects To PDP / 2023: Igbo Youths Reply El-rufai On The Abolition Of Zoning System / Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.