Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,031 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (36846 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by adconline(m): 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
Maybe they are high maintenance..
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by chefdoeuvre: 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
C as 'kulyie' stnd 4 middle of ring lyk john cena de evict ol comers... shocked ds 1 z strng

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Becalm(m): 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
@kulyie. If your mum had your ideology, you would not have existed in the first place. Marriage is an institution like any other institution. Every institution has a HEAD who leads by giving directions. If the leader of your home cannot tell you what to wear......the leader of your work place must give you the corporate dress code and you must comply.........likewise the leader of your church.......... if the leader of your state pronounces a curfew, you must not step out within the stated period and so on. BUT there is a room for dialogue in marriage, a man may have his reasons for certain directions (will prefer not say instructions). You have the right to convince him why you wish to do otherwise. Remember the love factor, he can give way to your persistence.....and the submission factor, you can let him have his way for the interest of peace.

Please, don't be indoctrinated by the western way of life. We can copy the good ones and leave out the negative ones.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mystical10: 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
InvertedHammer:

LOL.

People that did all she ranted about ended up here:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-l_19DoU6vPc/US4tiypCIFI/AAAAAAAAflk/VYkylPPBrWA/s400/church+poster+3.jpg[/img]
BWWhahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
BoboYekini: lmao, such blatant asss-licking. tongue

LOL such obvious Jealousy!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
cool
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Daresh(f): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
E.M.Ezzy:
i think especially in this part of the planet most women do have attitude problems if they are financially indepenent dont you think

I have always had an attitude even b4 making money. However, now that i make my own money, I don humble cos d hustle aint beans. Nigerian men just want to step all over you and u not have a say. They know if u have ur own money you won't take any bullshit from them

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
Catalyst101:

Hah, this one don finish... Where is ur mother?
she is where your great grand parents have never been before
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by wasak(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
tammie24:
I'm a woman and i agree with u!

Thank you for being objective
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
ogugua88: Women who are successful and financially independent intimidate some men for at least a few reasons:

1. They're confident, which can sometimes be interpreted as arrogance.
2. They have their own money and can buy their own things, support themselves, etc.
3. They can make a man feel inferior or inadequate, due to reasons given in point 2.

Men, particularly African men, are raised thinking that they are to be the provider; sole more than likely. Gender stereotyping is still rampant. A woman is to cook and clean; a man is to work. A woman who can do what a man can do renders a man useless.

A lot of men have egos, even if they won't admit it in front of women. In all honesty, however, there are some independent women out there who behave like they have both an egg and sperm. I, personally, think men should be more open to independent women as they've got a lot to offer. They're fierce, bold, and can be your rock in tough times. Meanwhile, independent women should be the go-getters that they are and still be womanly. Make a man feel like the man he is; you don't have to do all and be all because you're successful. No one likes a woman with an attitude, regardless of her wealth, fame, beauty, or whichever assets she may have.
Excellent response! To add to what u have said already, it is very difficult for a woman to be rich, famous or popular and still have good manner, humility and respect for men. Most successful women passed through hands of men who used them, hence, they formed a negative mindset towards all men and always want to prove to men that they can do without a man, something every sane man hates with passion.

So to say, it is rare to find a wealthy single lady that is not:

1. Bossy
2. Snobbish
3. Mannerless
4. Disrespectful
5. Pompous
6. Arrogant

And because of the above reasons, reasonable men who know what it takes to date or marry a rich single lady prefer not to try. And its always boys that fantasize of dating or marrying rich ladies, real men don't ever wish to cos they care not about a woman's penny.

Note: celebrity men are most times an exception becos most male celebrities marry to appeal or please the media and not necessarily to maintain and build a lasting happy home.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by logica(m): 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
De Beauvoir: Forget their nonsense about how single successful women are lonely and depressed etc. That is just a means they employ to make women believe that they need live lives of submission under men in order to be fulfilled.
Very true. It is a myth we see everyday (I hope you like oxymorons).
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
InvertedHammer:
The question is: Who is running away from who?
Are guys running away from "independent"(relative term by the way) women OR the so-called independent women
are the ones running away from guys.
With the harsh economic reality of Nigeria, everyone is on gold-digging expedition..men and women.
A financially secure woman is looking for a man who can complement her effort. A successful man is looking for
his better half. Independent and successful are like two captains in a ship. Something is going to give.
So successful men look for decent women who can zip their mouth
It is all about ego for both Nigerian men and women. Hence the controlling, manipulative and domineering attitudes displayed. However in Nigeria today I suspect the reality is that many such ladies definitely do want to marry men of their class. Is it not those who move in their social circles that they date? The other men are not running away at all despite what some bitter insecure posters here have said. They simply don't have the opportunity.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
Becalm: @kulyie. If your mum had your ideology, you would not have existed in the first place. Marriage is an institution like any other institution. Every institution has a HEAD who leads by giving directions. If the leader of your home cannot tell you what to wear......the leader of your work place must give you the corporate dress code and you must comply.........likewise the leader of your church.......... if the leader of your state pronounces a curfew, you must not step out within the stated period and so on. BUT there is a room for dialogue in marriage, a man may have his reasons for certain directions (will prefer not say instructions). You have the right to convince him why you wish to do otherwise. Remember the love factor, he can give way to your persistence.....and the submission factor, you can let him have his way for the interest of peace.

Please, don't be indoctrinated by the western way of life. We can copy the good ones and leave out the negative ones.
yes,my boss can dictate what to wear,when to come to work etc because through him i am able to pay my bills and besides God,i owe my sucess to him,i am able to climb up is through his help,so if he says sits,i say yes sir,stand,i say with all pleasure because he is one of the most exceptional men that genuinely do things without thinking of getting any thing in return that i have met,the rest

issshhhhh

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by logica(m): 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
Funny thread.

Run? Nobody dey run.

It is a simple matter really. Some will definitely be left on the way side, both male and female. For men, it will be about not being able to make enough to start a family; for a woman it will be about not being able to attract the kind of man she wants (she's unattractive in one way or the other: either physically or otherwise). It's all sour grapes for a heterosexual woman to claim she doesn't need a man.

The other thing is, no matter how much of an assh0le a man is, once he has all things in place to start a family, he can. Same cannot be said for a female assh0le (referring to the "otherwise" above). Only white men marry female assh0les.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by simdam500(m): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.

wat if i say i like u... uhg!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MissOpe(f): 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
This diss wey I dey see is enough to give an individual a complete nervous breakdown for 1 month.....
Can we just stop this DISS and focus on the purpose of the thread..... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by laykhorn(m): 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
Baybe: Thought guys loved 'em independent women undecided

He who fetches ant-infested wood should be ready to entertain lizards undecided
^your proverb na die o. Even your statz
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
But come to think of it, the major things a real, responsible and matured man with a means of living needs from a woman are:

1. Companionship (sex, friendship/company, etc)
2. Kids
3. Homekeeping
4. Respect and submission.

So why should a man that earns his own money and able to feed himself go for a rich lady that most times will not respect him, submit to him, give him true companionship, when there are plenty not-rich ladies out there with excellent character and humility

Rich single ladies should disprove the general fear men have about them by showing more respect and humility.

Two captains can be in one ship. majority men that date or marry rich ladies do so for the doing sake, not that they desire to, while some do it for financial and personal secrets cos on a very good day, no man desires to marry a woman that won't respect him just becos she is earning some money.

Men really don't care about a woman's wealth...and don't even care marrying a lady from a wretched home, but women hardly date/marry down, another reason to tell u that women aren't supposed to be too rich outside marriage cos the more money a single woman acquires, the more difficult it will be for her to find a deserving husband cos men understand the risk
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
simdam500:

wat if i say i like u... uhg!
i will act like i didnt see this,or rather ignore this poster

smh
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by clapham(m): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
Real live scenarios
I met lady A who happens to work at a very popular bank in Uk and lady B who works with a german bank in UK as well both are good looking ladies but what differentiate both is attitude.
Lady a feels like " am on top of the world" you have to wash my i quote naija english "nyash" before you can talk to me as am very busy
Lady B , older than me very mature but she plays low, life has givien her loads of experience
Me as aperson , no one advice me before i know which one to follow because ego is good but its your attitude that matters, am not a poor bloke, am fine in my own little way

Its a lady attitude that will determine if men will approach of "flee"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
lynpetra: Damn it,some men are confused beings.They agitate for self -dependent women only to run away when they are successful.IMO,such men are less than cowards. undecided

@op,sweety how have you been??Don't worry I wud be a wealthy and submissive wifey.The only problem is if you buy me d latest Toyota ride,I wud retaliate by buying you the latest Range Rover?? wink
My dear don't get it wrong, when men say they like independent women, it doesn't mean they like rich or wealthy women, nope!

Independent they mean and want is this: she is not idle, she is engaged in sth; a handwork, business, formal job, etc that fetches her daily upkeeps without her having to date or sleep with any man to meet up with her upkeep.

But when a woman is a hustler desperate to be on the billboard, to compete with men financially and otherwise, busy chasing everything that earns money, it becomes a turn off and a no no for matured and well to do men with vision to build a stable happy lasting home.

And in case u don't know, the world is run by men, and for a woman to become so financially rich, it is most likely that she must have had affairs with so many men at the top, or she has developed some masculine characters that scare real men away.

Honestly, most men desire their wives to be a nursery or primary school teacher becos it looks so romantic and amazing to see a beautiful woman taking good care of children that doesn't belong to her.

And if not for economic hardship in Nigeria, many men would have married female school teachers.

That's to tell u what men mean when they say: we like independent woman, not a hustler.

Being rich doesn't equate to being independent cos majority of the so-called rich single ladies are still dependent on some richer men directly or indirectly...so where is their independence then

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: i will act like i didnt see this,or rather ignore this poster

smh
Ah ah!... Kulyie shebi i v asked u 2 mellow down 2day sef. Give d poor guy a chance na... He might end up rocking ur world.
#noattackmeo#grin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
DailyNews: But come to think of it, the major things a real, responsible and matured man with a means of living needs from a woman are:
1So why should a man that earns his own MONEY and able to feed himself go for a rich lady that most times will not respect him, submit to him, give him true companionship, when there are plenty not-RICH ladies out there with excellent character and humility
RICH single ladies should disprove the general fear men have about them by showing more respect and humility.
Two captains can be in one ship. majority men that date or marry RICH ladies do so for the doing sake, not that they desire to, while some do it for financial and personal secrets cos on a very good day, no man desires to marry a woman that won't respect him just becos she is earning some MONEY.
Men really don't care about a woman's WEALTH...and don't even care marrying a lady from a wretched home, but women hardly date/marry down, another reason to tell u that women aren't supposed to be TOO RICH outside marriage cos the more MONEY a single woman acquires, the more difficult it will be for her to find a deserving husband cos men understand the risk
Because MARRIAGE is not all about money, money, money which YOU and others posters here keep going on about. A sane and healthy also should not be about control and domination but mutual love and most importantly RESPECT.
Anyway how many male celebrities in Nigeria marry women from wretched homes? They still marry from within their class. Same thing with the female celebs. SO WHO IS RUNNING?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Richiy(f): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
Nothing negative anyone says here would make me re-think my decision of being successful and financially independent. If you dont have the balls to approach me, then you would never appreciate what av built. It would be best you even stay away.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Jerryodogwu(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
A whole lot of them would have been good but most cases would be filled with pride, which no rot thinking man would accept,
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by carbon1224(m): 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
Its just funny this kind of topic could show up but I love woman being independent and respectfull.I don't appreciate woman with arrogant.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.
then its like you will die alone cos ur full if ur self
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
OEmperor: then its like you will die alone cos ur full if ur self
well,i haven't died,so....?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her? / Lady Sets On Fire The Cheap Wig Her Boyfriend Purchased For Her (Photos, Video) / 10 Signs A Woman May Have Character Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.