Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (36848 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by tammie24: 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
wasak:

1. they are not confident, they are arrogant, I may have to say this. there was a time my pops went broke and mom was d 1 feeding d family, she maintained the fact that she was in control and till date she cares to tell whoever is ready to listen (She's a good person but She's still a woman)
there are several other situations I've personally witnessed.
2. No one restricts a lady from buying things for herself, the only problem is when she starts buying for the. man, when she starts feeding the home, I tell u, any man in such a situation will turn houseboy unless he knows how to play his card with women. a man may feed. his wife. for. 10 years without having to mention it to a third party, but if. a woman does Same for a day, all her friends would know!!!
3. it's a general thing for women to Look down on people below. them in social status, the beautiful ones Look down on the less beautiful, the wealthy ones Look down on the average ones, the intelligent ones look down on the less intelligent! y do u think most women want to appear flashy? it's not necessarily to attract men, in most cases they do so to diss their fellow women....
as a man... I know my Bleep.ing onions, once beaten, shy till eternity!!!
if u c a humble woman praise her parents...
I'm a woman and i agree with u!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Pattey(m): 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.

You know, that's why a lotta people now say marriage is not compulsory wink

Oh & btw, being baby mamas is now trending. . . I'm sure you'll find that a perfect fit. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by luckman20(m): 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
A man needs at least one thing to impress a woman. If the woman is financially independent, nigga tends to run when the woman's got everything he'll use to impress
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by InvertedHammer: 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
Akalia: Another point is that some of such ladies act miss independent,they don't need a man.some of them ve bent sexual oreintation....Asikwana na asim!!!

Hahaha!

The question is: Who is running away from who?
Are guys running away from "independent"(relative term by the way) women OR the so-called independent women
are the ones running away from guys.

With the harsh economic reality of Nigeria, everyone is on gold-digging expedition..men and women.
A financially secure woman is looking for a man who can complement her effort. A successful man is looking for
his better half. Independent and successful are like two captains in a ship. Something is going to give.

So successful men look for decent women who can zip their mouth grin. The usually pompous and arrogant
independent women turn around and blame men for their predicament when their biological clock's battery
is at critical level.

Honestly, I have not met any financially independent woman in Nigeria. Don't let those flashy cars fool you.
The closer you get, the more they want to siphon what is left in your account. May be to their mates, they
are financially independent because they have house, car(s), business. But if you look close enough, you will
see that they are leeching off of some man somewhere. Do you really believe that Linda Ikeji, et al. are financially
independent in the real sense of it? Come on!

By the way, I still think marriage for a typical Nigerian woman is mostly an ego thing.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
nbright: Congrats... I am truely happy for you..
thanks love,she says hiiii aunty cheesy

too many bitter,frustrated,resentful and dirty peeps around here jare smiley
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pattey:

You know, that's why a lotta people now say marriage is not compulsory wink

Oh & btw, being baby mamas is now trending. . . I'm sure you'll find that a perfect fit. Cheers!
smiling smiley
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by tayoxx(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Its simply bcoz she would want to control the husband....I no of sum1 who was a bankmanager but lost his job..today the wife shouts on him simply bcoz she's thebread winner of the fam...although not all girls are desame sha
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by tundebj(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.
dia seem to b some frustration some where. Ar u sur all is well? It wl help if u just let go. U realy deserve a beter life

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: thanks love,she says hiiii aunty cheesy

too many bitter,frustrated,resentful and dirty peeps around here jare smiley
Lol... Ah ah! Ease up. 2 much bad blood running in ur viens na... Abeg help me tell d baby say Uncle dey greet am 2 joorgrin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Doyensky: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bcoz d tendency to be proud is alwayz der, d oda partner myt feel threatened xpecially wen d guy isnt as financially bouyant as she is. Though nt all of dem sha.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Lol... Ah ah! Ease up. 2 much bad blood running in ur viens na... Abeg help me tell d baby say Uncle dey greet am 2 joorgrin
lollllzzzzzzz she's dragging phone with me o.anyway,i am saying hiii on her behalf and hoped you're calm now cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by InvertedHammer: 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
tundebj: dia seem to b some frustration some where. Ar u sur all is well? It wl help if u just let go. U realy deserve a beter life

LOL.

People that did all she ranted about ended up here:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-l_19DoU6vPc/US4tiypCIFI/AAAAAAAAflk/VYkylPPBrWA/s400/church+poster+3.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by jidexboy(m): 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
It depends on the level of understanding, of both of them.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by nbright: 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
BoboYekini: @OP, you forgot to put 'Nigerian women' in the title. All the bad bad tins for dis life, na their hand e full.
Your sister(s) from Mozambique?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
tundebj: dia seem to b some frustration some where. Ar u sur all is well? It wl help if u just let go. U realy deserve a beter life
i am happy with my life na,shoooo,wetin happen.

Anyway back to topic about guys avoiding independent women wink your take?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: lollllzzzzzzz she's dragging phone with me o.anyway,i am saying hiii on her behalf and hoped you're calm now cheesy
Lol... Girl, i was born calm so no beef... Itz a free world. @tymz d only rule is dt der r no rules.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by nbright: 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
chess guru:
You mean by use of slaps and punches
Not all men are cavemen na. Btw, uroboh girls are one of the most aggressive girls in this country.
While serving, I witnessed an ss1 girl pull out a cutlass on an ss3 boy almost twice her height.
There is a difference btw aggressiveness, and independence bro
My mom is an Urhobo woman... She's very quiet... I take after her.. Not all Urhobo are aggressive... Don't generalize, it's very wrong.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
InvertedHammer:

LOL.

People that did all she ranted about ended up here:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-l_19DoU6vPc/US4tiypCIFI/AAAAAAAAflk/VYkylPPBrWA/s400/church+poster+3.jpg[/img]
are you referring to buisness men impersonating as pastors.

:p 8-)
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mystical10: 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
Dumkele_1: @raymondenyi...u sound so bitter. with dis attitude u have put up here,only a short sighted lady will be willing to put up with it......I think I will blame the African men who do not know how to appreciate women. if u appreciate and encourage all women(successful or not),I can assure u that they will give u d respect u deserve 100%.....to be Frank ,what d lady said is quite true.....ur grammar hmmmm.........lastly u had no right to tell d lady to shut up and kindly show ladies some luv cos without them we all won't be here...peace
woman rapa
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: are you referring to buisness men impersonating as pastors.

:p 8-)
Lol!
Godhouse intl. Plc... Incorporated n quoted public liability company... Strictly 4 profit! grin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by nbright: 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
simpleseyi:

Give your life to Christ and stop planning to be the husband like Dame imPatience Jonathan.
If you are what you preached (born again), you wouldn't distort someones name even if you don't like them.. Do you practice what you preach?.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by SwitnessA(m): 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
ogugua88: Women who are successful and financially independent intimidate some men for at least a few reasons:

1. They're confident, which can sometimes be interpreted as arrogance.
2. They have their own money and can buy their own things, support themselves, etc.
3. They can make a man feel inferior or inadequate, due to reasons given in point 2.

Men, particularly African men, are raised thinking that they are to be the provider; sole more than likely. Gender stereotyping is still rampant. A woman is to cook and clean; a man is to work. A woman who can do what a man can do renders a man useless.

A lot of men have egos, even if they won't admit it in front of women. In all honesty, however, there are some independent women out there who behave like they have both an egg and sperm. I, personally, think men should be more open to independent women as they've got a lot to offer. They're fierce, bold, and can be your rock in tough times. Meanwhile, independent women should be the go-getters that they are and still be womanly. Make a man feel like the man he is; you don't have to do all and be all because you're successful. No one likes a woman with an attitude, regardless of her wealth, fame, beauty, or whichever assets she may have.
Dis is lovely dear.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mystical10: 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
wasak:

1. they are not confident, they are arrogant, I may have to say this. there was a time my pops went broke and mom was d 1 feeding d family, she maintained the fact that she was in control and till date she cares to tell whoever is ready to listen (She's a good person but She's still a woman)
there are several other situations I've personally witnessed.
2. No one restricts a lady from buying things for herself, the only problem is when she starts buying for the. man, when she starts feeding the home, I tell u, any man in such a situation will turn houseboy unless he knows how to play his card with women. a man may feed. his wife. for. 10 years without having to mention it to a third party, but if. a woman does Same for a day, all her friends would know!!!
3. it's a general thing for women to Look down on people below. them in social status, the beautiful ones Look down on the less beautiful, the wealthy ones Look down on the average ones, the intelligent ones look down on the less intelligent! y do u think most women want to appear flashy? it's not necessarily to attract men, in most cases they do so to diss their fellow women....
as a man... I know my Bleep.ing onions, once beaten, shy till eternity!!!
if u c a humble woman praise her parents...
you have said it all
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by FrankieG: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
In moi opinion i thinks its because men ar control freaks n they feel they cant ve absolute control in d r/ship
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mystical10: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
lynpetra: Damn it,some men are confused beings.They agitate for self -dependent women only to run away when they are successful.IMO,such men are less than cowards. undecided

@op,sweety how have you been??Don't worry I wud be a wealthy and submissive wifey.The only problem is if you buy me d latest Toyota ride,I wud retaliate by buying you the latest Range Rover?? wink
haaa. See scam o. Money doubler.lolz
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by nbright: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
cheche98: coz she aint feeling the man he said he is anymore!!!! In her eyes she only sees a ******.btw she's got the money,fame and her problem solved to her credit. He's basically not doing anyfin for her. There's absolutely no void to fill in her life coz she's a man. SHE IS IN CHARGE. Lol the sweetest part is offering him money(men that tag women "gold diggers"wink. Everyone is a man as long as being "independent "is concerned.
So you meant to say that women only respect men because the men gives them money?... This is serious
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by eremich: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
Every man on earth wants to be the boss
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mystical10: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
i hv seen ur type, atlast u will look for someone like majak fashk the regeman to marry, and u will do all this bla bla bla u re saying.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by nbright: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
mitchyy: Mehnnn. i'm totally confused on this issue. I work hard to earn a lot so i can support my siblings. Does that mean i should drop all that or i should hide my earnings from every guy i come across? I've met some guys who love the fact that i'm independent while others are standing by the door because they are scared i'll be proud.

*sighs*
Are you proud?.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
So many people on the thread busy attacking kulyie because she said she doesn't want to live a life of 'submission' under a man grin

I admire your fighting spirit, @kulyie. I have to hand it to you, you have so much resilience; eight pages and you are still responding to them. One thing you should realize though is that majority of African men were raised to believe that all women must be under a man after marriage so when you say that you do not want to be spend your life being a controlled slave, they get angry and say all sorts of nonsense to make you rethink your decision because you are rebelling against their stereotypical superior position and they don't want you to succeed in doing that.
No one wants to lose a priviledged position so they will resist you if you try to take it from them. Men want to see to it that all women remain under them, and remain subdued, subjugated etc.
That's what they like to see and that is what they are trying to enforce; male superiority.

My advice to you is to do whatever works best for you, if having kids without marriage is what suits you then go for it. Not everyone can handle the baggage that comes with marriage anyway so do what makes you happy smiley
Forget what the people who are trying to keep women from rising are writing. Forget their nonsense about how single successful women are lonely and depressed etc. That is just a means they employ to make women believe that they need live lives of submission under men in order to be fulfilled.

I wish you the best smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her? / Lady Sets On Fire The Cheap Wig Her Boyfriend Purchased For Her (Photos, Video) / 10 Signs A Woman May Have Character Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.