Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,883 members, 7,956,332 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:10 AM

Gay Church In Nigeria - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Church In Nigeria (32817 Views)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Nigerian Gay Church Reopens: Alleluia! / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 11:23pm On Jul 28, 2008
Questions
Should a dying poor child steal from a fat greedy rich man?
Does the "sin" of "idol worshiping" condemn our african ancestors to "Hell"?
Pedophilia? Like when Men used to marry girls as young as 16 and start families with them?

There are very few obvious "rights" and "wrongs" in this world, since each one changes with every situation. No on asked racist, sexist, or homophobic xtians "to have their own religion" without staining Christ's name with it, so why are gay people the ones being cast out here? Religion, for many people, is just another way to back up their own hateful bias

@feministic
tryna reply your reply to my comment above
answers
yes a dying child can steal from a greedy rich man,but that is hardly the case here tho is it?
well it says in the bible that worshipping any other GOD,be it idols,money,any material thing,living or non living thing cutting across all cultures is a sin,when u look at te world today and its obsession im sure you will agree GOD was on point with that one,not forgetting what used to go hand in hand with these who worship idols i.e human rituals and the likes, so in that context i guess it does condemn them to hell if they didnt repent seeing as killing any human being,abandoning children because they r twins e.t.c is obviously evil and a sin.

well men used to but even back then the church never came out to support it,and the church certainly isnt supporting it now,thank GOD even the law frowns upon that unless ou are talking about individual cases which doesnt count because that will be like making the head of the church accountable for every christian's actions.

i disagree with you,there are rights and wrongs in this world and its our warped enlightenement that has cause the confusion we are in now,when the whole gay thing started ppl opposed it now its a regular thing,look at the way paedophilia is going,its being slowly accepted though not yet lawfully but u can bet it will in less than 100 years,look at necrophilia,objectophilia e.t.c its a result of when the clear line between right and wrong are being blurred,
being racist is a sin cause loving your neighbour as yourself is the back bone f christianity,GOD destroyed sodom and gomhorrah cause of their homosexual practices e.t.c lets be straight up,there is right and wrong !
i saw a white brit anglican pastor in a pub smoking and with a shot or two of brandy and i just shook my head and the level of madness political correctness and enlightenment has brought to religion,im not a pastor but i wont smoke in front of my parents much less a supposed man of GOD, what sort of role model will that kind of person be to growing up kids?all that as a result of political correctness
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2008
lucabrasi:

being racist is a sin cause loving your neighbour as yourself is the back bone f christianity, GOD destroyed sodom and gomhorrah cause of their homosexual practices e.t.c lets be straight up,there is right and wrong !
i saw a white brit anglican pastor in a pub smoking and with a shot or two of brandy and i just shook my head and the level of madness political correctness and enlightenment has brought to religion,im not a pastor but i wont smoke in front of my parents much less a supposed man of GOD, what sort of role model will that kind of person be to growing up kids?all that as a result of political correctness

Does this have to do with the word "sodomy".

Is that a sin??
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2008
Okija_juju:

Does this have to do with the word "sodomy".

Is that a sin??

yeah the word was derived from the Christian concept (The Bible) Sodom and Gomorrah and it's a grievous sin.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 12:02am On Jul 29, 2008
I had no idea that smoking and drinking were a sin.

It is socially unaccepted does not make it a sin. or does it??
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 12:06am On Jul 29, 2008
Oops!! sorry i thought you highlighted "GOD destroyed sodom and gomhorrah cause of their homosexual" but all the same i know as a pastor you're supposed to be worthy of emulation and not living an unhealthy lifestyle that doesn't fit into the doctrines you preach
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 12:21am On Jul 29, 2008
I asked this question bout smoking and drinking for a reason.

While I was living in Paris, there was this pastor who preached in my church one sunday, The sermon was one of the best I have ever heard in my life. I was really impressed. Now the odd thing was that after the sermon he stood in front of the church and lit a cigarette, and nobody had any qualms with it except the africans esp. the Nigerians in church. O! did I add that the priest had an ear-ring on.
And ask for the drinking, my church normally had alot of outings and picnics and stuffs like that. That church normally bought the first round of beer for the members.

So hence my question, Is drinking and smoking a sin?? or is every social vice now a sin??
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 12:22am On Jul 29, 2008
@Okija_JuJu

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body "
- (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit."
- Ephesians 5:18
By smoking pot you are not honoring the Holy Spirit with your body.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 12:38am On Jul 29, 2008
well to me i would say smoking and drinking is a thing of the conscious and biblically, the bible does not command against smoking but their are lots of verses in there that says something relating to our body as Christians. About having ear rings on as a male amounts to piercing of our body which is against the word of God for us. Are u having this on to draw unnecessary attention to yourself? (which i believe is one reason for that), remember the bible also talked about dressing modestly. See this thing about Christianity is more than meets the eyes and i think only God can give us the best answer to lots of puzzlin questions, pray to him to give you an insight into what's right or wrong, only he knows otherwise everyone will give their own definition of a particular thing to suit themselves
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 12:44am On Jul 29, 2008
1Timothy 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

1Ti 3:8 ¶ Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;

John 4:46 So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine.

Luke 10:34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

Genesis 9:24 ¶ And Noah awoke from his wine,

Genesis 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

Numbers 15:7 And for a drink offering thou shalt offer the third part of an hin of wine, for a sweet savour unto the LORD.

I could keep going .   .   .   . ,   .  So there you can see that alcohol is not a sin. Getting drunk is the sin.

Ask for cigarettes, I can bet my bottom dollar that the bible was not talking bout cigarettes when they talked bout our bodies being the temple and all worth not. We seem to forget that smoking has been in existence even in the ancient times.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2008
dreeldee:

the best answer you could get is to pray to God to give you an insight into what's right or wrong, only he knows
amen! too many devils call themselves pastors and men of God these days . . innocent people are always on the back burner being brainwashed.
otherwise everyone will give their own definition of a particular thing to suit themselves
yup, just like the whiteys used the bible to support their enslavement of blacks.[quote][/quote]
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2008
Yeah you hit the nail on the head.  Getting drunk is the sin.

As for smoking, that is your choice on how you interpete it. It is taught to be suicidal because you know it's killing you but you're still doing it.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 12:47am On Jul 29, 2008
@ Dreeldee

I was really shocked as it now seems to me that christianity/christian doctrines seem to vary from church to church and from place to place. The europeans who brouht us this religion dont even seem to be as rigid as we are here in Africa.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 12:54am On Jul 29, 2008
Yeah i was going to say that too, drunkenness
Okija_juju:

@ Dreeldee

I was really shocked as it now seems to me that christianity/christian doctrines seem to vary from church to church and from place to place. The europeans who brouht us this religion don't even seem to be as rigid as we are here in Africa.

exactly my brotha, people have turned churches that are meant to put us through to cause discords among us Christians by distorting the words of God for us, that's why we could have gays coming together to form their own churches and even trying to bring it on as an acceptable way of life, no wonder Christ asked ‘when I come back on earth will I find faith?’ May God help us all and see us through it all to the end
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Lady2(f): 1:05am On Jul 29, 2008
The same way that followers of the "Prince of Peace" can pick and choose who to treat well and who to treat like dirt. Also, the fact that the Bible's many contradictions and inhumane text have allowed it to be used by many power structures as a scare tactic to keep the masses in control and in the dark. People of african descent, slaves, women, poor people, rich people, gay people and many others have all been persecuted due to the manipulators of this rigid belief system. The worst is that after doing all of that, many feel free to sweep other "sins" under the rug (premarital sex, infidelity, lying, etc), accepting them as "natural" or "inevitable" and continue to preach about "love" and "peace" ( i.e: God forgives all sins, blah, blah, blah). Lets face it: many "Christians" beliefs don't coincide with Christ teachings. Which is why they skip over the "love your neighbor" part in the Bible and go right part they claim "prove" their hateful opinions concerning sexuality. There are very few people that really live up to Christ's teachings and even they can tell you it's more than rare that they ever see other "real Christians".

BRILLIANT POINT!!!!!!

We're not all perfect, but what annoys me is that some Christians only apply "forgiveness" to themselves. Forgiveness is for all.
Gay acts should be condemned, but gay people should be welcomed. Only through love and unwavering faith can we show them the way to God.
It is not through hatred and condemnation, but through love.
Christ sat and ate with the sinners.
It is my opinion from observations that some Christians today have become modern day "Pharisees" they are self-righteous sinners.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Gabry(f): 1:29am On Jul 29, 2008
Love gays
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 1:32am On Jul 29, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Gabyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 2:07am On Jul 29, 2008
of course no true and faithfull christian will hate gay ppl,smokers drinkers e.t.c but having them heading a church is another thing entirely,having a man of GOD smoking or drinking is totally unacceptable,attaining these level of holliness is not the problem,but people looking for an easy way out of everything,it can be done and is being done, deeper lifers do it and live fulfilled lifes,scripture union do as well, what is rigid to some is a GODly way of life to some
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 29, 2008
~Lady~:

We're not all perfect, but what annoys me is that some Christians only apply "forgiveness" to themselves. Forgiveness is for all.[/b]Gay acts should be condemned, but gay people should be welcomed. Only through love and unwavering faith can we show them the way to God.
It is not through hatred and condemnation, but through love.
[b]Christ sat and ate with the sinners.

It is my opinion from observations that some Christians today have become modern day "Pharisees" they are self-righteous sinners.

It's quite true that we are not perfect and forgiveness is for all. However, when a group of gays gather to hold their own church services, it becomes a case of the blind leading the blind! They are simply going against christian doctrine and I wonder what kind of book they'll be reading there as the bible is clearly against homosexuality. We are not all 'holy' but at least we hear the word of God and we can easily make amends by confessing our sins but it's a different case when you don't even believe that a sin as glaring as homosexuality is a sin! If the pastor is gay and the other brethrens are gay, who will lead them to repentance? I still believe they are all out to damage the reputation of christians.
What beats me is; if homosexuality is a crime in Nigeria and this 'church' is in Nigeria, how come nobody knew about them till the 'almighty' CNN reporter found them? And how come we've not heard any news of arrest or any kind of follow-up on the case? I just hope they didn't stage this.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 2:34am On Jul 29, 2008
candy:

It's quite true that we are not perfect and forgiveness is for all. However, when a group of gays gather to hold their own church services, it becomes a case of the blind leading the blind! [/b]They are simply going against christian doctrine and I wonder what kind of book they'll be reading there as the bible is clearly against homosexuality. We are not all 'holy' but at least we hear the word of God and we can easily make amends by confessing our sins [b]but it's a different case when you don't even believe that a sin as glaring as homosexuality is a sin!.

If the pastor is gay and the other brethrens are gay, who will lead them to repentance? I still believe they are all out to damage the reputation of christians.
What beats me is; if homosexuality is a crime in Nigeria and this 'church' is in Nigeria, how come nobody knew about them till the 'almighty' CNN reporter found them? And how come we've not heard any news of arrest or any kind of follow-up on the case? I just hope they didn't stage this.
Shoki!

If the pastor is gay and the other brethrens are gay, who will lead them to repentance?
A lesbian? grin grin
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 2:42am On Jul 29, 2008
lmao grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 29, 2008
hahahaha, dats all my expression can be for now! decay of the society. The question is, how long will dat "gay House" , (i am not gonna even give it the liberty of using the word church), be there for before it is razed down. The answer is coming soon! This is simply unacceptable!
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04am On Jul 29, 2008
i just cant sleep after reading this crap on this forum. This is actually really upsetting for me! This is how it starts people, mark my word on it. If this butty men are not stopped in their tracks, watch this moral decadence spread like a virus! Nigeria already has too many problems, the last thing we need is this. Very soon, its gonna be gay marriage. what is happening to us We are slowly been consumed by the western ways of life! God will have an answer soon, before u know, we are gonna start having earthquakes and all, (call me superstitious if u will, but its true), So now, since been gay is illegal in Nigeria, why the hell is the Lagos state Govt. Not doing anything about this? I have a request, pls does anyone have Fahola's Number? i wanna text him or else as a citizen of lagos and Nigeria, i will resort to VIGILANTE freakin justice!
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 5:05am On Jul 29, 2008
lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 29, 2008
I encourage them to open a branch in the North, see if they will make it alive after one gay gathering!
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 5:58am On Jul 29, 2008
thank god i am a muslem so i don't have to worry about gay imam or gay mosque.but all u guys advocating for gay people goodluck

13-Year-Old Boy Molested in New York Mosque,

at a Selden mosque sexually attacked a 13-year-old boy inside the place of worship, police said Thursday.

Suffolk County Police learned of the April assault last month after the boy confided in "someone close to him" while on a trip away from Long Island, said Detective Sgt. Michael Fitzharris.

"The assailant was a fairly large man who basically took this young boy by the hand and forced him into a private room, where he subjected him to sexual contact," Fitzharris said.

"The boy was at the mosque for some type of instructional classes," said Fitzharris.

Cops charged Niamatullah Ibrahim, 53, with first-degree sexual abuse and third-degree aggravated sexual abuse following a one-month investigation.

The custodian pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday in Suffolk County 1st District Court in Central Islip. He was ordered held on $100,000 cash bail, or $300,000 bond.

Ibrahim, who travels once a year to Pakistan to visit his wife and young children, has worked and lived at the mosque on Park Hill Drive for eight years, said Mayyer Imam, president of the Islamic Association of Long Island, which operates the Islamic Selden Mosque.

Imam said Ibrahim has been trying to move his family to Long Island from Pakistan.

"I'm in shock. I don't know what to really say. It is very disturbing news," Imam said. "I had no idea anything like this could happen with him. We'll just have to wait and see."

Imam said the mosque will hire counselors to interview children and parents to check for other possible victims.

Fitzharris said that Ibrahim does not have any prior arrests.

Regarding whether there may be other young victims of abuse at the mosque, Fitzharris added "It's definitely something that we're checking into."

The sergeant asked that anyone with information regarding the alleged sex abuse to call Suffolk County Police's sixth squad at (631) 854-8652

Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 29, 2008
hehhehhee, that's a slap in the face grin
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 6:11am On Jul 29, 2008
is that guy bin laden's relation
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by adconline(m): 6:19am On Jul 29, 2008
I have no qualms if all forms of relationships are accepted by religious folks not telling Africans and Asians that polygamy and polyandry are sinful,  while  telling us to that accept gay/lesbians pastors. That's a double standard.   I think that some folks don't get it, you don't force church to accept your behaviour or not to judge you, instead you form your own church  or find a church that tolerates your ideas.There is church for satanic  beliefs, they dont go about telling people to integrate them into their congregation. So I think that there needs be  a balance. I have my own church that is  me with my beliefs and I cannot crusade for folks to accept me. I think that it will defeat the purpose for which I stand for.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 29, 2008
@dreeldee

I think this thread rubbed on ya.

So you're a female now?

You want the guys YMing you?

Anyway for people to show their gayism sha!

Rock on dude tongue grin
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 29, 2008
@dreeldee, I can see you've been hit! Guys are suddenly turning to gals shocked How bad can this topic get?!
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 6:52am On Jul 29, 2008
grin grin grin grin i'm looking for a boyfriend pls
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by innoman: 7:34am On Jul 29, 2008
This is madness. If u believe that homosexualism is natural, why would need to form a group like this? heterosexuals dont do this cos they believe it is natural,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

Margaret Idahosa Celebrates Her 75th Birthday Today / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center / Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.