Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,099 members, 7,957,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:16 AM

Gay Church In Nigeria - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Church In Nigeria (32820 Views)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Nigerian Gay Church Reopens: Alleluia! / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by savanaha: 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2008
Shaz:

Nigeria has always been regarded as a Muslim country, i personally find that untrue but hey, i can't gather my statistics to prove other nations and governments wrong - so I gots go with them

This is besides the point of the topic but I just can't get over anybody considering Nigeria a Muslim country. I guess I hear about a new propaganda everyday.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HRhotness(f): 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2008
Shaz:

Nigeria has always been regarded as a Muslim country, i personally find that untrue but hey, i can't gather my statistics to prove other nations and governments wrong - so I gots go with them

Always?

Please support your claim with evidence. . .

Nigeria is multi-religious and mult-cultural the last time i checked
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Shaz(f): 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2008
@Savannah,

It's not about what you 'consider', it's about the census (previous ones, not the last one). The government claims this because of the result of the census.

Also, simple analysis, the Northern part of Nigeria down to the West sides like (Kwara State, Lagos State) are full of Muslims. Then, the other part share Christianity, Sat Guru Maraji worshippers, the Chinese-thing people, idol worshippers.

I'll search for your evidence when I can but ask any politically-minded person, they'll tell you the same
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Gamine(f): 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2008
But what has that got to do with Gay Church in Naija undecided
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by savanaha: 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
Shaz:

@Savannah,

It's not about what you 'consider', it's about the census (previous ones, not the last one). The government claims this because of the result of the census.

Also, simple analysis, the Northern part of Nigeria down to the West sides like (Kwara State, Lagos State) are full of Muslims. Then, the other part share Christianity, Sat Guru Maraji worshippers, the Chinese-thing people, idol worshippers.

I'll search for your evidence when I can but ask any politically-minded person, they'll tell you the same

Are you using the same census that claims the desert parts of Nigeria are more populated than other parts? I wonder if you have ever heard of propaganda and false information which the Nigerian government are amazing. They also said that terrorists were plotting to attack Nigeria. As if!!
The fact that the statement "Nigeria is a Muslim country" is debatable shows something. No one is debating with Egypt, Sudan or Somalia.

Gamine:

But what has that got to do with Gay Church in Naija undecided

Nothing really just that it triggered off something. In regards to the gay church I am not a homophobe but I don't understand why someone will want to follow a religion where its central literature highly condemns such a life style
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by ExInferis(m): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2008
hey, im a muslim but then thats saying someting. let us separate church and the evil ways of man. if god says this-and-that is condemnable and you go ahead out of choice and do it, then you stand to be condemend and you should accept it in good faith, UNLESS-

1. you deny God exists, and hence his denunciations of evil are mumbo jumbo in your sole opinion

2. you know he exists but finding a suitable pretense for rationalizing   the dastardly deed involves you looking for obscure verses in the scripture and claim as bases of divine justification, and your piety can take a back seat

3. the pleasure you derive from this ominous sin far outweighs the pain of your conscience accepting its universal denunciation.

4. you are plain nuts.

hey, theres a reason God, nature whatever created us in opposite pairs: opposites attract. physiologically, emotionally, and biologically. anything to the contrary is abnormal. be you christian or muslim.

homosexuality is biologically, psychologically, socially abnormal and we don't need no holy book to tell us that. ive nevr seen homosexual animals mating so tat stands to reason there is a certain disease endemic only to the human species.

we need to exorcise this demonic disease called homosexuality from our midst lest we fall the way of sodom.

and to hell with choice and liberty, we don't allow murderers thieves and rapists in our ranks because they are entitled to choice of being what they are. why should homos be any different? the law is god's not man's.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Gamine(f): 5:37pm On Jul 28, 2008
Ex, posting here undecided undecided

this topic na bigtime issue o

@Savanah.

i get you

being homophobic makes no sense, cos both the homophobe and the homosexual

have equal seats in the lake of fire.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Shaz(f): 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2008
@Gamine,
The result of someone analyzing my post, as it seems

@ Savanna and HRH,

People polled in six predominantly Muslim countries -- Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Indonesia, Pakistan and Nigeria -- blame Westerners for the strain in ties and mostly see Americans and Europeans as selfish, arrogant, immoral and greedy, with opinions of the West and its people worsening over the last year, the survey found. In turn, majorities among non-Muslims polled in most Western countries see Muslims as fanatical and lacking in tolerance.

- http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/22/AR2006062201584.html

One of the many perceptions, although Obasanjo tried to stop multi-religious wars by sayin Nigeria is multi-religious.
Before you question moi, I'm a Christian and I'm not saying it's right but that's what most 'outsiders' think.It's the based on the same census you're referring to. And yeah, let's take the next question to the Politics forum. This is the Religion side.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by ExInferis(m): 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2008
@gamine

haha, im immensely bored and its overcast here in kaduna hence i trawl nairaland looking for noteworthy discourses to pipe my own opinion.

@shaz

census has historically always been a political instrument much given to controversy, malcontent, and suspicion

i daresay that so long in naija we continue working at cross-purposess with split interests, we can never hold a credible census.

a credible elction, perhaps (some day) but never a census especially if we interpret it as a tool to share that yeye national cake.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by rubi(f): 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2008
angry sad shocked embarassed lipsrsealed cry
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Hardballer(m): 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2008
Gonnorea judging by your name its evident you have no right to chastize anybody
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nigeria17: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
the post article could be correct, if all those that they poll are from the north. It is know that northener went on the street happy when the USA was bomb , while southerner were not happy with the sept 11 bombing. So it is one country with 2 different people , the North and the south.

If you poll in the southern niger benue of nigeria  the result would be different. People from the southerner niger benue tend to love the west or USA while those from the north tend to hate the west and USA, dependent on level of education.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2008
Nigeria is not a Muslim country, we have two major religions Christianity and Islam and then several minor religions
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by vicade(m): 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2008
dreeldee:

Nigeria is not a Muslim country, we have two major religions Christianity and Islam and then several minor religions

I know this is correct but someone once asked me why we have arabic stuff written on the naira notes and what does the arabic mean?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dudubobo1: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2008
If gay people decide that they want to commit abominations, why are they forcing themselves on the church?

If they choose to be abominable, they should form their own associations. Why must they force themselves on other people?

That's what you get when you do things the oyinbo way relying only on your own knowledge and not acknowledging God. We need to re-read Romans 1. God gave them over to such nonsense because they are refusing to acknowledge His Lorship.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by 2dye4(m): 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2008
Gamine:

Ex, posting here undecided undecided

this topic na bigtime issue o

@Savanah.

i get you

being homophobic makes no sense, because both the homophobe and the homosexual

have equal seats in the lake of fire.

now somebodys talking. why do pple not reach out to them and let them see there's a better way to live instead of alienating and castigating them.

if u were in a church service and by some miracle, u knew the dude seating next to you and probably holding your hands in grace was a homo, wuldnt you look in disgust or just run for your life? i guess this kind of treatment makes them feel they need to have their own church.

i don't condone and will never stand for homosexuality nor the idea of a gay church, but the aversion and animosity homophobes bear could be the major reason for this. hate cannot resolve this crisis

the house of God is not for the saved or saints only, sinners and the unsaved should be able to walk in and find the love, conviction and salvation they truly need.

now sincerely, to those saying gays should be hung, burnt, castrated, blah, blah. . let's turn the table around, if your sibling was gay would u say the same? wouldnt you rather look for how to help him out with this abnormalty?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2008
vicade:

I know this is correct but someone once asked me why we have arabic stuff written on the naira notes and what does the arabic mean?

`it has nothing to do with the religion

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2005/jan/311.html
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dudubobo1: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
What nonsense!
You cant be having pride in your sins within a church setting. It is not about the fact that they commit sins but about the fact that they refuse to acknowledge and repent.
If they acknowledge their sins and are willing to repent, I'm all for giving them the help they require within the context of a Scriptural church.
However, to refuse to renounce your sins and claim to be a child of God is nothing short of heresy.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by deor03(m): 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2008
[size=13pt]Pastor Jide is a 419. Look at his Face, he is one desperate guy looking for the American attention.

With this CNN report , you can be sure that so many gullible Westerners will be willing to "help" him financially.[/size]
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2008
deor03:

[size=13pt]Pastor Jide is a 419. Look at his Face, he is one desperate guy looking for the American attention.

With this CNN report , you can be sure that so many gullible Westerners will be willing to "help" him financially.[/size]
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by skfa1: 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2008
Gay ? No way. I rebuke that spirit in them in Jesus name.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2008
Wait till his groupies get here.

I can bet my bottom dollar that some gays here will support him. Although I must say I dont blame him, Christianity is a business now, Its all about the packaging.

deor03:

@ Dreeldee

Touch not my annointed, and do my prophet no harm.  tongue
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by AEjiro(m): 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2008
I want to say a heart felt tanx to all ma Nigeria Christain Brothers and Friend for defending well their faith and our rich culture. Thank and may God bell u all

@post and feminist

U need to understand that homosexuallity is a purnishment and curse God as place on any one who fails to accept his lordship (Please see the book of Roman) this is why u will notice that the practice of this act in America and the west increased with their belief in science claim of the non-existence of God. and u ll notice that the bible said ur blessings shall become a curse if u fail to acknowledge God that is why in all their wisdom the west and America as falling for the trap of homosexuallity and they are hooked to it. the only cure is for them to accept God as lord then their sexual preference and the quantity of their sons who choose to worship God instead of become drug addict will change for the better.

On the Gay church

I wish to say there is no such church in Nigeria. If there is i dear the reseacher or CNN to make their address public (I cant find it in the site), I will go there myself to make the research and report to Nairalander here. Thanks once again.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2008
okija abeg cancel tat pastoral title

deor03:

Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by skfa1: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2008
Those guys them be mumu guys o, see fine fine girls for naija as them planty, instead of the guys to they carry the girls one by one una come dey fire una yansh, physically is not healthy,biblically is a sin.

End time has come.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by AKO1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2008
dreeldee:

Including this gay christianity

Yuck.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2008
AEjiro:

@post and feminist

You need to understand that homosexuallity is a purnishment and curse God as place on any one who fails to accept his lordship (Please see the book of Roman)

Care to be more specific, Romans is a pretty large scripture.

AEjiro:

I want to say a heart felt thanks to all ma Nigeria Christain Brothers and Friend for defending well their faith and our rich culture. Thank and may God bell u all

@post and feminist

this is why u will notice that the practice of this act in America and the west increased with their belief in science claim of the non-existence of God. and u ll notice that the bible said your blessings shall become a curse if u fail to acknowledge God that is why in all their wisdom the west and America as falling for the trap of homosexuallity and they are hooked to it.

More scriptures no passage. Please be more specific.

AEjiro:

the only cure is for them to accept God as lord then their sexual preference and the quantity of their sons who choose to worship God instead of become drug addict will change for the better.

So that means this gay church is more like a gay clinic right?? Hmm!  

AEjiro:

On the Gay church

I wish to say there is no such church in Nigeria. If there is i dear the reseacher or CNN to make their address public (I can't find it in the site), I will go there myself to make the research and report to Nairalander here. Thanks once again.

My dear click on the link or change your cyber cafe. The church is real and will soon start televangelism and in a few years maybe even buy a private jet. And prolly Pastor Jide will also become a hero.  
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2008
Just another hungry scam artist.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2008
dreeldee,

You are trying to touch the lords annointed?? Abi you no see them dey chop "Holy" communion??

davidylan:

Just another hungry scam artist.

Tell that to his members and the thousands of hidden gays all over the country. In their books he is a hero.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by mikeonyi(m): 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2008
What and why on earth should there be a gay church? For what purpose is it established for? what are gays trying to do practice religion or turn religion into an every sunday morning club, simply outrageous,
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ topic

Here they go again!

Boring people!
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by xavier3(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2008
in summary i guess dats why the lord in the bible said " on that day many will say to me, lord we cast out demons in your name, performed miracles in your name" and he will reply "depart from me, for i do not know u". such a place cant be considered to be a church its just a gathering of people. it should be called gay gathering

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

Margaret Idahosa Celebrates Her 75th Birthday Today / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center / Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.