Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

Gay Church In Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Church In Nigeria (32801 Views)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Nigerian Gay Church Reopens: Alleluia! / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nigeria17: 3:31am On Jul 28, 2008
Feministic , the bible is against rape. I have read those portion of the bible. I never saw, anything that suggest that the bible is for rape.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by naijadiva2(f): 3:34am On Jul 28, 2008
this is out the random but if homosexuality is illegal in nigeria, how come the church is still running?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:36am On Jul 28, 2008
I'm not here to crucify gays even though I feel like doing that, but I do think they should form their own religion and leave christianity alone.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nigeria17: 3:36am On Jul 28, 2008
that man is looking for green card to the USA.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 3:37am On Jul 28, 2008
candy:

I'm not here to condemn gays, but I do think they should form their own religion and leave christianity alone.
They should. Lol  grin

Pretty soon you will start hearing people coming out to say "bestiality christianity" is okay for people whose preference is to Bleep animals.  Nonsense !
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by naijadiva2(f): 3:37am On Jul 28, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

that man is looking for green card to the USA.

why u say that?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nigeria17: 3:42am On Jul 28, 2008
no mine them, this people would claim that it is natural to sleep with children,  and they can also claim they are born naturally to sleep with children. People can claim what every to do immoral thing, but is it right. ? NO I have to run, driving.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 3:42am On Jul 28, 2008
My family once went to this Anglican that allowed the Bishop to be gay. of course my father didn't allow us to go back, but alot of naija people continued to go. But of course, the church eventually lost members as time went on because they were split on the issue. I personally at the time didn't see the problem with the man being gay but as i grew older in my new Anglican church,i understood why my father didn't allow us to go back.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 3:43am On Jul 28, 2008
HCH3COO:

They should. Lol grin

Pretty soon you will start hearing people coming out to say "bestiality christianity" is okay for people whose preference is to Bleep animals. Nonsense !
this is the most sensible thing u've ever sed
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 3:45am On Jul 28, 2008
sleeping with children and sleeping with animal which one gud pass abeg?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 28, 2008
Joseph6:

sleeping with children and sleeping with animal which one good pass abeg?
Both are HORRIBLE.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 3:50am On Jul 28, 2008
Feministic:

and being a hate spewing bigot does nothing to tarnish the image of an alleged Christian? You are still picking and choosing. What leaving judgement for God? What about loving everyone as a human being and as God's creation? Religion is unrealistic because I forgets that people are dynamic and changing, and no matter what they are told to love, they will always condemn what they like. It like when Nietzsche said: "God is Dead". People have killed that fear of God, it no longer keep people away from their yearn to hate.
We can love everyone as human beings and as God's creation AND STILL spread the word of God.  Christians are basically filing a defamation protest against these culprits for staining their religion, I am very happy about this. Lol @ Neitzsche.  Because Neitzsche says God is dead now I should believe him but I shouldn't believe God when he says he is as alive as ever?  Bite me!  If you are going to accuse christianity of not understanding the dynamic and changing evolvement of people, I could also accuse you of not knowing that Christianity has prophesied that people like you will come out in the future with pure hate for the Son of Man.  Is that proof enough for you that Christianity understands the change enough to know that you will appear in the present?

the bible actually approves of rape, you might want to take a closer look at Judges 21:10-24 , Deuteronomy 22:28-29, 2 Samuel 12:11-14 , amongst others where rape is seen as "not so bad" and sometimes the right thing to do.
Oh God please.  If you don't understand what you read from the bible at least confess that you don't.  The bible does not glorify or approve of rape, you have FAILED!

See how good it feels and how much easier it is to hate and condemn based on your own fears and desires? I'm not sure what this mess in the Bible is all about your many duty on earth being to love everyone and not to judge people,

"Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law."

Bullshit, right?
Bullshit! What I see is you looking for ways to ridicule christians for fighting against people who manufacture false notions about what the religion entails.

Yea, that argument would work if Modern Christians were actually a minority. They are not nearly as condemned as other groups can you really compare the violence that other minorities receive to what M/C's experience?

They were a minority, they were condemned then, now that they are a majority they are still being condemned.  Depending on which country you reside, christians are a minority.  The violence and outcry against Christians cannot be compared to any other.  It hasn't stopped - this is proof.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 3:55am On Jul 28, 2008
so i sleep with ur dog(adult) or ur baby 6 months old, which one wld get u insan-er?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by christiely: 4:05am On Jul 28, 2008
OMG.FEMINISTIC,if u have a problem wif Christians,do u also have a problem wif the ALMIGHTY GOD?Y distort HIS words.I also read those bible verses,either u dont understand something or u are some atheist of some sort.
When have u seen someone rape another person and pay the person's bride price?Very rare,Almost impossible.
We all know what is right,The bible preaches against,HOMOSEXUALITY,there was never a time GOD  saw what he made was beautiful and created MAN out of anoda MAN'S ribs.There's no place in the bible that says a man will leave his father and mother and become one with his fellow man.

So is Premarital SEX,we all know that and the consequences,it's a matter of choice.
With the way things are going,we should be expecting people to say bestiality and necrophillia is acceptable

Am a christian,I can be hypocritical sometimes,yea whatever.Am pretty liberal,do ur stuff and let us Christians be but please,DO NOT DISTORT GOD"S WORDS
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16am On Jul 28, 2008
I believe the gays should go to church on Sunday. seems more befitting.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 4:21am On Jul 28, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

They can go to church, i just wonder what church will accept? well i guess gays in the states have opportunities to go to church.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 28, 2008
Joseph6:

so i sleep with your dog(adult) or your baby 6 months old, which one would get u insan-er?
You can go for the dog if you don't deem it incestuous considering that you might be related  grin

Ruby_Pearl:

I believe gays should invent their own book(not bible) and start their own religion,seems more befitting cool
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 4:23am On Jul 28, 2008
candy:

You can go for the dog if you don't deem it incestuous considering that you might be related grin
rotflmpbao[center] grin grin cheesy grin grin [/center]
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 4:29am On Jul 28, 2008
The days of Sodom and Gomorrah is back, this time even worse. Lots of people don't see anything wrong now in being gay but one thing is certain, the fact that everybody is doing something wrong doesn't/can never make it right. Christianity does not support Homosexuality

Leviticus 18:22, 24 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things"

I don't care if you lie with your fellow man or even animals but what i care about is associating such despicable act with Christianity which is very much against it.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 4:34am On Jul 28, 2008
dreeldee:

I don't care if you lie with your fellow man or even animals but what i care about is associating such despicable act with Christianity which is very much against it.

Thank you o . . .
This is what I've been saying  tongue
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 4:36am On Jul 28, 2008
dreeldee:

The days of Sodom and Gomorrah is back, this time even worse. Lots of people don't see anything wrong now in being gay but one thing is certain, the fact that everybody is doing something wrong doesn't/can never make it right. Christianity does not support Homosexuality

Leviticus 18:22, 24 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things"

Whatever man/woman wants to do is their decision. Who am i to judge? am i God? i will continue to do me and when judgment day comes, you go and speak for your defense against the almighty God.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 28, 2008
As long as they find their way to sunday church, it's aiight.

and when did dreeldee turn into a pastor? purrrrrr
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 4:38am On Jul 28, 2008
ruby, aka miss sda, what's wrong with sunday church now ayiri.

onyinye, not being judges does not stop us from spreading the true word of God.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 4:38am On Jul 28, 2008
Even satan quotes the bible to justify wrongs.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 4:39am On Jul 28, 2008
candy:

You can go for the dog if you don't deem it incestuous considering that you might be related grin
cool
rotflmfao my ribs yeeeeeeee aaahhhhh
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 28, 2008
HCH,
Nothing is wrong wiv sunday church. My mom is catholic, ya know.

Which Christian denomination are you anyways? am curious
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 4:42am On Jul 28, 2008
onyinye2:

Whatever man/woman wants to do is their decision. Who am i to judge? am i God? i will continue to do me and when judgment day comes, you go and speak for your defense against the almighty God.

I ain't judging no one, all i'm saying is that we shouldn't desecrate the Religion (Christianity) just because of our own human desire.

HCH3COO:

Thank you o . . .
This is what I've been saying tongue

you're welcome brotha

Ruby_Pearl:

As long as they find their way to sunday church, it's aiight.

and when did dreeldee turn into a pastor? purrrrrr

before you turned 1 tongue tongue tongue
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 4:42am On Jul 28, 2008
candy u still have 2 choose which one u prefer ur child or ur dog or inshort lamb preferably white?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 28, 2008
oniranu, before I turned one, you were still checking out what is btw ur legs.

sorry for cussing in the religion sec o.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 4:45am On Jul 28, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

oniranu, before I turned one, you were still checking out what is between your legs.

sorry for cussing in the religion sec o.

grin grin There's nothing between my legs tongue Watch your tongue cow
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 4:46am On Jul 28, 2008
HCH3COO:

onyinye, not being judges does not stop us from spreading the true word of God.
True but if one does not want to receive it, there isn't much you can do. When it is there time to state their peace to God, then He will decide their fate. Not me. I can go around quoting bible versus towards the gay community, and i bet i might only connect to probably one percent. Anyways as i said earlier, i went to an Anglican church that had a gay Bishop. Although we went there only once until we relocated to another Anglican church, i didn't judge the man. Im not saying that what he was doing wasn't wrong, but i didn't judge him for it. If he wants to be a gay Bishop, all the power to him. I will not be the one to judge him, there is a higher power for that.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 4:49am On Jul 28, 2008
onyinye2:

True but if one does not want to receive it, there isn't much you can do. When it is there time to state their peace to God, then He will decide their fate. Not me. I can go around quoting bible versus towards the gay community, and i bet i might only connect to probably one percent. Anyways as i said earlier, i went to an Anglican church that had a gay Bishop. Although we went there only once until we relocated to another Anglican church, i didn't judge the man. I'm not saying that what he was doing wasn't wrong, but i didn't judge him for it. If he wants to be a gay Bishop, all the power to him. I will not be the one to judge him, there is a higher power for that.

Yeah onyin, I understand your point tongue . It works very well here in America. I'll be very interested in knowing what becomes of that church if it really is in Nigeria. The country as a whole is too religious to leave it alone. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

Pastor Precious Iginla Wife, Blessing Makes U-Turn Over Abusive Marriage (Video) / Pastor Tim Omotosho Slammed With 22 Sex Charges, As 18 More Victims Come Out / Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.