Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,940 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:42 AM

Gay Church In Nigeria - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Church In Nigeria (32792 Views)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Nigerian Gay Church Reopens: Alleluia! / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2008
Lmao the internet is making Nigerians gay? hahhaha

and the ones that are but dont use the internet or travel outside the country n ko? what's their excuse?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by MCUsman(m): 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2008
The same west that bleeped the Bible, bleeped christianity.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Techman(m): 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2008
Scripture against Gay & Lesbianism (KJV)

Romans 1 v 18- 32

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

** I hope that all Gay and Lesbians will repent from the lie, deception and deceit of associating Gay & lesbianism with the Church.
If you are Gay or a Lesbian, repent and sincerely ask GOD to help you change. HE will help you if you truly want to repent.

** However for those who have read the Unchangeable Word of GOD and hardened their hearts, refusing to repent from their lusts and sin, and deceiving others; may the judgement and wrath of GOD Almighty visit them here on earth and afterwards. Amen.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by sbucareer(f): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2008

Thank you Techman
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Techman(m): 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2008
Scripture against Gay & Lesbianism (KJV)

Romans 1 v 18- 32

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

** I hope that all Gay and Lesbians will repent from the lie, deception and deceit of associating Gay & lesbianism with the Church.
If you are Gay or a Lesbian, repent and sincerely ask GOD to help you change. HE will help you if you truly want to repent.

** However for those who have read the Unchangeable Word of GOD and hardened their hearts, refusing to repent from their lusts and sin, and deceiving others; may the judgement and wrath of GOD Almighty visit them here on earth and afterwards. Amen.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2008
shocked shocked shocked see wetin gay cause, see as devils for Nairaland turn pastors one time sho i no mention names o grin grin grin Nigerians no wan hear anything gay o gay sef wey read this thread go turn straight sharply grin grin grin
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2008
MC Usman:

The same west that bleeped the Bible, bleeped christianity.
dude,what r u on bou, are you supporting it?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Oracle14(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2008
This CNN report has lots of flaws, its not complete, the gay person interviewed looks like a transvestite, (mentally screwed up by nature). The pastor has definitely not revealed his story; he certainly imported his abomination from the west.

But the question we all have not answered in Nigeria; a question the west failed to answer through their extensive studies from the 1950's to 80's on gay people : ' is been homosexual a mental ailment caused by genetically anomalies, social factors or personal experiences of the individuals as they grow up in life?

We must ask this questions in our Nigerian society before we act, and if we must act will a strict law in Nigeria stop this negative trend.

I must remind us all, homosexuality exists in Nigeria, take a look at our prisons and you will find a breeding ground.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2008
i totally agree with you oracle, but also of we believe in God, we know homosexuality is wrong. He had a reason for creating a man and a woman, adam and eve.
not two adams or two eves.
feminists, u talked about churches being "bad", churches aint bad its those on ot and gal, watch your tongue cos d church is d body of christ and His bride grin
we'r not allowed to judge the gay guys, everyone has a choice to choose, they've made theirs, so lets leve them alone, if dats wat d want, cos its their life smiley
cheers, xoxo
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by deejoe: 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2008
Nigeria is not a secular state. It is a country which is abound with religion and religious beliefs. I want to believe all religions believe in the supreme being.i.e. God. The preamble of the nigerian constitution clearly  proofs that indeed the Nigerian state is not secular.
 The Holy Bible clearly states its stand in the book of deuternomy about homosexualism. This act is not supported in christianity hence gay people should stop hiding under the canopy of christianity.  
Since no religion in Nigeria supports Homosexuals,the Government should not allow this trend to stay because the act is ungodly therefore Nigeria being a Godly state as enshrined in the preamble of the 1999 constitution should not allow such ungodly act to exist.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 9:59pm On Jul 29, 2008
deejoe:

Nigeria is not a secular state. It is a country which is abound with religion and religious beliefs. I want to believe all religions believe in the supreme being.i.e. God. The preamble of the nigerian constitution clearly proofs that indeed the Nigerian state is not secular.
The Holy Bible clearly states its stand in the book of deuternomy about homosexualism. This act is not supported in christianity hence gay people should stop hiding under the canopy of christianity.
Mehhn, You don talk the koko. tongue
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2008
Oracle14:

But the question we all have not answered in Nigeria; a question the west failed to answer through their extensive studies from the 1950's to 80's on gay people : ' is been homosexual a mental ailment caused by genetically anomalies, social factors or personal experiences of the individuals as they grow up in life?

We must ask this questions in our Nigerian society before we act, and if we must act will a strict law in Nigeria stop this negative trend.

I must remind us all, homosexuality exists in Nigeria, take a look at our prisons and you will find a breeding ground.
the reason why we have it in nigeria,is simply as a result of  over bearing western influence,and asimilation,that is why i disagree with capitalism,look at our nigerian artistes old men like rmb and older try and feign american slangs at what age?old musicians suddenly realise they want to talk like p diddy,but i thank GOD that our anglican congregation didnt loose their heads like south africa,south america e.t.c and made their stance on gay bishops,and the rest
personally i believe they should be imprisoned for at the least 5 years to detter others
@kennykendo
we are allowed to say it loud if its wrong,dont we shout out about paedophilies,bestiality,necrophilia e.t.c? its the same illness or similar illness as far as im concerned
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2008
Oracle14:

prison abi boarding secondary schools?

Stories of seniors raping juniors in boarding schools in Naija has been around for the longest time. Dont know why people are acting like this is something "new"

Denial sha
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by bluesky4(f): 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2008
did ne1 see 'sharon', i think thats wat he called himself, chei shocked shocked
he's one of the gayest people ive seen lipsrsealed undecided grin
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by topelenege: 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2008
Leviticus 18:22 (New American Standard Bible)
22'(A)You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Romans 1:27
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (New International Version)
9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

1 Timothy 1:10 (New American Standard Bible)
10and (A)immoral men and (B)homosexuals and (C)kidnappers and (D)liars and (E)perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to (F)sound teaching,

2 Timothy 4:3-4 (New American Standard Bible)
3For (A)the time will come when they will not endure (B)sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
4and (C)will turn away their ears from the truth and (D)will turn aside to myths.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 12:05am On Jul 30, 2008
How many times will you people show verses? We bloody get it

Doesnt change the fact that homosexuals exist in Nigeria. So why dont you go hunt them down and show them the verses and let us hear word jare
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 12:08am On Jul 30, 2008
Ah ahn ki lo tie ma'n worry e. If you don't like the verses exit the thread. AH!
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 12:09am On Jul 30, 2008
Make me.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 12:10am On Jul 30, 2008
now LEAVE this thread woman!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by huxley(m): 12:12am On Jul 30, 2008
Why would anyone take anything in the bible seriously. That being said, why the hell are these homosexuals subscribing to an institutions that clearly oppresses them?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 12:12am On Jul 30, 2008
Oh cool. The trannies are here. Go bother Toyin.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 12:14am On Jul 30, 2008
huxley:

Why would anyone take anything in the bible seriously. That being said, why the hell are these homosexuals subscribing to an institutions that clearly oppresses them?
So huxley, you think the bible is just another comic book??
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 12:15am On Jul 30, 2008
huxley:

That being said, why the hell are these homosexuals subscribing to an institutions that clearly oppresses them?

I've always wondered about that myself But I guess it's because most still rather stick to whatever religion they were raised in, relying on just the general message. *shrugs*
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 12:21am On Jul 30, 2008
KarmaMod:

Oh cool. The trannies are here. Go bother Toyin.

meaning undecided

huxley:

are u saying the bible is just a fictional collection of storiesundecided
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 12:23am On Jul 30, 2008
grin grin cheesy grin grin You people won't kill me with laughter o.

TOH, kiss me lipsrsealed kiss
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 12:25am On Jul 30, 2008
Where is huxley sef?? he will go open all these threads questioning Christianity, but wont answer my simple question.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by chamotex(m): 12:33am On Jul 30, 2008
If homosexuality is against the law in NIgeria, why havn't the Pastor been prosecuted angry

grin grin grin but see as Gay people dey dance for church **God have mercy***
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by nana(f): 12:34am On Jul 30, 2008
chamotex:

If homosexuality is against the law in NIgeria, why havn't the Pastor been prosecuted angry

grin grin grin but see as Gay people dey dance for church **God have mercy***
Lmao! And that Sharon wey pour starch for head
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 12:35am On Jul 30, 2008
Did you people even listen to what the pastor said? He said he wnats a church where the homosexuals can be free and hopefully he CAN get them to change their lives around

Are you people like deaf or something?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by chamotex(m): 12:39am On Jul 30, 2008
KarmaMod:

Did you people even listen to what the pastor said? He said he wnats a church where the homosexuals can be free and hopefully he can't get them to change their lives around

Are you people like deaf or something?

Its so obvious the pastor himself is GAY sad sad

Pastor wey wear ear-ring na pastor

who is he trying to fool, abegi cheesy smiley
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 12:42am On Jul 30, 2008
chamotex:

Its so obvious the pastor himself is GAY sad sad

Pastor wey wear ear-ring na pastor

who is he trying to fool, abegi cheesy smiley

as opposed to pastors that sport jeri-curls?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 12:43am On Jul 30, 2008
yeah

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22)

Vitus Nnadi: A Catholic Priest Artist Shows Off His Talents (video) / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pastor Tim Omotosho Slammed With 22 Sex Charges, As 18 More Victims Come Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.