Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Gay Church In Nigeria - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Church In Nigeria (32303 Views)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Nigerian Gay Church Reopens: Alleluia! / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50am On Jul 28, 2008
@dreeldee

oh man, I can't stay mad at ya.

Maybe its cuz you remind me of my grandma tongue

@HCH
Answer my question jo
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 4:52am On Jul 28, 2008
Which christian denomination am I? embarassed undecided
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 4:52am On Jul 28, 2008
onyinye2:

True but if one does not want to receive it, there isn't much you can do. When it is there time to state their peace to God, then He will decide their fate. Not me. I can go around quoting bible versus towards the gay community, and i bet i might only connect to probably one percent. Anyways as i said earlier, i went to an Anglican church that had a gay Bishop. Although we went there only once until we relocated to another Anglican church, i didn't judge the man. I'm not saying that what he was doing wasn't wrong, but i didn't judge him for it. If he wants to be a gay Bishop, all the power to him. I will not be the one to judge him, there is a higher power for that.

Does this means that we should allow immorality to continue to grow among us all in the name of not wanting to judge others? Saying it out doesn't mean we're judging them, if we are then what about Pastors who preach against all forms of Sins, are they judging us by telling us what's right and what's wrong?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 28, 2008
Yes, so are you going to answer?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 4:53am On Jul 28, 2008
HCH3COO:

Yeah onyin, I understand your point  tongue .  It works very well here in America.  I'll be very interested in knowing what becomes of that church if it really is in Nigeria.  The country as a whole is too religious to leave it alone.  undecided
If you are talking about the previous Anglican church i went to that the Bishop was gay, it is located in Houston. It is closed now. go figure.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 4:54am On Jul 28, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

@dreeldee

oh man, I can't stay mad at ya.

Maybe its because you remind me of my grandma
tongue

@HCH
Answer my question jo

Your grandma must be really lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:55am On Jul 28, 2008
dreeldee, let me finish that off for ya.

Nice? yes, she is smiley
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 4:55am On Jul 28, 2008
onyinye2:

If you are talking about the previous Anglican church i went to that the Bishop was gay, it is located in Houston. It is closed now. go figure.
LOL!  tongue  No surprise here.    I was talking about this church they say is in Nigeria though.  I wonder what will happen to it.

I also agree with what dreeldee said about the consequences of adopting a "leave it alone" mentality to these immoral behaviors people are supporting.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 4:57am On Jul 28, 2008

We can love everyone as human beings and as God's creation AND STILL spread the word of God.  Christians are basically filing a defamation protest against these culprits for staining their religion, I am very happy about this. Lol @ Neitzsche.  Because Neitzsche says God is dead now I should believe him but I shouldn't believe God when he says he is as alive as ever?  Bite me!  If you are going to accuse christianity of not understanding the dynamic and changing evolvement of people, I could also accuse you of not knowing that Christianity has prophesied that people like you will come out in the future with pure hate for the Son of Man.  Is that proof enough for you that Christianity understands the change enough to know that you will appear in the present?

Your inability to take on another perspective than your own is pathetic and obviously a result of your bias.LOL, at the christian "prophecy" ( that every person has heard about, trust me, monotheists never fail to through that old dog in out faces, ), people hated them then, I'm sure that it was more than easy to say that people would doubt  them now since there is NO one thing that anyone believes. "spreading the word of God" os different that using today's authority to spread hate, if you xtians are so sincere about keeping their noses clean, why not exclude liars, cheaters, elitists and other common sinners from the church? The bible condems THEM as well, or is that "different"?If you are going to continue to ignore logic and enforce everything you say with  questionable Christian theory, then I don't even see the point of continuing this discussion, your bias makes it impossble to think outside of your own small box.

Oh God please.  If you don't understand what you read from the bible at least confess that you don't.  The bible does not glorify or approve of rape, you have FAILED!

if a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Rape a woman, gain a wife; sounds like a steal smiley

Besides the Bible's obvious indifference to rape victims, it has many other flaws and contridictions that make it seem more human influenced than "God" influenced, maybe thats cause people wrote the Bible, not god, not the son of god, just people.

Bullshit! What I see is you looking for ways to ridicule christians for fighting against people who manufacture false notions about what the religion entails.
Ridicule? I was only quoting the text that Christians claim is the foundation of their church. The way christian belief dominate the government, business world, school system, etc is all to familiar to the same society that persecuted the original xtians in the past. Why pick and choose? And why pick the easier way out? Its much easier to mask your own agenda with false spirituality, why not open up and love people for who they are and what they want to be?

They were a minority, they were condemned then, now that they are a majority they are still being condemned.  Depending on which country you reside, christians are a minority.  The violence and outcry against Christians cannot be compared to any other.  It hasn't stopped - this is proof.

Are u kidding? more than 2.1 billion people in the world are christians, with muslims and atheists directly behind in number. How is this proof? How many other people have spoken against homophobia here? now compare it to those spewing their hateful garbage.

Truth is, that as long as you are hindered by a bias supported by most of the world, there is no way that you will be  able to put yourself in anyone elses shoes, just as you care to ignore the pain and struggles of widely persecuted minorites, is just how people ignored the cries of original xtians who wanted to be left alone to practice their faith.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 4:58am On Jul 28, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

dreeldee, let me finish that off for ya.

Nice? yes, she is smiley

ok olodo if you say so but not what i was gonna say tongue
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 4:59am On Jul 28, 2008
pls i had 2 divert as the thread was dyin slowly sorry guys and then again mine doesnt . i'm sure many moms out there do
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00am On Jul 28, 2008
what were you going to say, lil boy?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 5:03am On Jul 28, 2008
dreeldee:

Does this means that we should allow immorality to continue to grow among us all in the name of not wanting to judge others? Saying it out doesn't mean we're judging them, if we are then what about Pastors who preach against all forms of Sins, are they judging us by telling us what's right and what's wrong?
What im trying to say is that if one has fallen into being gay, adultery, so an so forth, who am i to judge them? That is there life not mine. If they want to be gay, so be it. Doing i believe being gay is a good thing, no, but if the person next to me is, am i going to judge them. I might tell them that the bible doesn't support being gay and leave it as that. I have a friend who is gay i don't look down upon him. That is his life, not mine. As for your pastor comment, pastor's don't judge people. There job is to spread the word to those willing to receive it. They might point out to a gay person that being gay is not right and still don't judge them for it because they know there is a higher power for that. Im not saying we should turn our backs on this but im just saying that when a person decides they are officially gay, there is very little you can do to change that.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 5:04am On Jul 28, 2008
Feministic what exactly is your point with all that you've spewed?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 5:06am On Jul 28, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

what were you going to say, little boy?

i'll tell you in the bedroom old woman wink

onyinye2:

What im trying to say is that if one has fallen into being gay, adultery, so an so forth, who am i to judge them? That is there life not mine. If they want to be gay, so be it. Doing i believe being gay is a good thing, no, but if the person next to me is, am i going to judge them. I might tell them that the bible doesn't support being gay and leave it as that. I have a friend who is gay i don't look down upon him. That is his life, not mine. As for your pastor comment, pastor's don't judge people. There job is to spread the word to those willing to receive it. They might point out to a gay person that being gay is not right and still don't judge them for it because they know there is a higher power for that. I'm not saying we should turn our backs on this but im just saying that when a person decides they are officially gay, there is very little you can do to change that.

ok got your point
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 5:11am On Jul 28, 2008
ok diedre and onyinye we get ur point so u guys shld shut it andstop arguing for peter petrelli's sake
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 28, 2008
My legs are itching to kick ya balls this days, dreeldee.
watch it.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 5:12am On Jul 28, 2008
Joseph6:

ok diedre and onyinye we get your point so u guys shld shut it andstop arguing for peter petrelli's sake
Who's arguing?? we are just saying out point of view.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by triistar86: 5:14am On Jul 28, 2008
Have we thought of asking ourselves why the gay people didn't go ahead to form a Muslim gathering rather than attaching themselves to Christianity. The answer is not far fetched Christianity is an Open religion. So many people find there way into the church because they bliv that Christianity can afford them the chance to turn a new leaf and live a righteous life more easily than any other religion. Hence the gay people also adopted it and tried or are still trying to frame up holiness in their disgusting act by claiming to be Christians too. I recommend that they also form a Muslim gathering for their Muslim folks too(if any comes out publicly) so they can see wrath of the muslim community(No harm intended to my Muslim brothers).

I aint against anybody being gay, But must you attach yourself to a religion. cant you guys form another religion so You wont have to go through any persecutions from people and with that you guys can enjoy urselves to the maximum.
No body was born a gay. The primary aim of marriage between a man and a woman it to procreate, Is this possible with gay marriages, if not for the advent of adoption can homosexuals give birth or have children? So why are they married or engaged.

Why would a normal human being put his d**k in another guy's asshole all in the name of sexuality, even with the advent of diff STDs, why would I want to go through that kind of torture when God has already designed everything for us in the best possible way.
Are these guys forgetting that there are more females out there compared to males waiting to get hooked to a guy and enjoy sex naturally in God's own fashioned way.

GOD HAVE MERCY ON US[b](why we dey always try to vex God with our ways of life,make we just dey grateful say the Guy no be like us)[/b] wink
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 5:16am On Jul 28, 2008
Feministic what exactly is your point with all that you've spewed?

LOL, all of my spewing is just to prove that homosexuals, according to the bible are no worse than any other "sinners" yet people condemn them like other people's "sins" are better. Just because other churchs don't claim that they take in liars, cheats, etc doesn't mean that they don't. Honestly, I do think that Gay people shouldn't muddle their reputations with xtianity, but they have to start somewhere.

I'm going to stop responding to this thread since the only way that you can even get through to most xtians is by being one, most ignore logic and use their faith to back up any personal idea they have, lucky for them, the Bible makes it easy smiley
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 5:18am On Jul 28, 2008
triistar86:

Have we thought of asking ourselves why the gay people didn't go ahead to form a Muslim gathering rather than attaching themselves to Christianity. The answer is not far fetched Christianity is an Open religion. So many people find there way into the church because they bliv that Christianity can afford them the chance to turn a new leaf and live a righteous life more easily than any other religion. Hence the gay people also adopted it and tried or are still trying to frame up holiness in their disgusting act by claiming to be Christians too. I recommend that they also form a Muslim gathering for their Muslim folks too(if any comes out publicly) so they can see wrath of the muslim community(No harm intended to my Muslim brothers).

I aint against anybody being gay, But must you attach yourself to a religion. can't you guys form another religion so You wont have to go through any persecutions from people and with that you guys can enjoy urselves to the maximum.
No body was born a gay. The primary aim of marriage between a man and a woman it to procreate, Is this possible with gay marriages, if not for the advent of adoption can homosexuals give birth or have children? So why are they married or engaged.

Why would a normal human being put his d**k in another guy's asshole all in the name of sexuality, even with the advent of diff STDs, why would I want to go through that kind of torture when God has already designed everything for us in the best possible way.
Are these guys forgetting that there are more females out there compared to males waiting to get hooked to a guy and enjoy sex naturally in God's own fashioned way.

GOD HAVE MERCY ON US[b](why we dey always try to vex God with our ways of life,make we just dey grateful say the Guy no be like us)[/b] wink
Truly questionable.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 5:19am On Jul 28, 2008
question: by gay u guys mean the act asin a practising gay or do u mean gayb thoughts alone coz 4 iu 2 call it sin there must be action and maybe way too much thought
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 28, 2008
hehehe
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 5:21am On Jul 28, 2008
triistar86:

I aint against anybody being gay, But must you attach yourself to a religion. can't you guys form another religion so You wont have to go through any persecutions from people and with that you guys can enjoy urselves to the maximum.

EXACTLY! by the time the first sets are beheaded, they will look for a Sango religion to bribe grin grin grin grin grin

Feministic:

LOL, all of my spewing is just to prove that homosexuals, according to the bible are no worse than any other "sinners" yet people condemn them like other people's "sins" are better. Just because other churchs don't claim that they take in liars, cheats, etc doesn't mean that they don't. Honestly, I do think that Gay people shouldn't muddle their reputations with xtianity, but they have to start somewhere.

I'm going to stop responding to this thread since the only way that you can even get through to most xtians is by being one, most ignore logic and use their faith to back up any personal idea they have, lucky for them, the Bible makes it easy smiley

I ain't saying it's better, my point is their association with Christianity is wrong and should not be allowed
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 5:23am On Jul 28, 2008
Feministic:

Your inability to take on another perspective than your own is pathetic and obviously a result of your bias.
Same with yours.  Your hate for for Christians is crippling your soul.
LOL, at the christian "prophecy" ( that every person has heard about, trust me, monotheists never fail to through that old dog in out faces, ), people hated them then, I'm sure that it was more than easy to say that people would doubt  them now since there is NO one thing that anyone believes. "spreading the word of God" os different that using today's authority to spread hate, if you xtians are so sincere about keeping their noses clean, why not exclude liars, cheaters, elitists and other common sinners from the church?
Obviously from reading what you have to say, I know that people like you have heard about the christian prophecy but just don't understand it which is why you fear it.  They are not being excluded unjustifiablyfrom the church.  They are being told that their abberant practice is wrong, the church does not support it.  Their presence in the church does not prevent  Christians from preaching against their wrongs.

The bible condems THEM as well, or is that "different"?If you are going to continue to ignore logic and enforce everything you say with  questionable Christian theory, then I don't even see the point of continuing this discussion, your bias makes it impossble to think outside of your own small box.
You are in a religious section arguing against my religion and you're telling me not to enforce everything I say with Christian theory even though it's what I believe?  I am a believer in God, these people are trying to abuse my religion yet I am not allowed to rebuke them by showing evidence that the religion says it is malpractice?  Get a grip!  The bible is my sword.

if a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Rape a woman, gain a wife; sounds like a steal smiley
God does not condone rape, it is a grave sin.  You are too darn biased to understand the difference between punishment for rape and promoting rape.  Do you actually see people indulging in such things as marrying their rapists anywhere?  The message of the passage was to serve as punishment for the man for his disgraceful act.   You are interpreting the bible mendaciously to try to prove a point, but you failed badly again.  You also ignored another passage shortly after that which punished the rapist for his nauseous act.

Besides the Bible's obvious indifference to rape victims, it has many other flaws and contridictions that make it seem more human influenced than "God" influenced, maybe thats cause people wrote the Bible, not god, not the son of god, just people.
Besides your misunderstanding with the bible, you are biased to a tee.  Nothing said here will change your already made up mind.

Ridicule? I was only quoting the text that Christians claim is the foundation of their church. The way christian belief dominate the government, business world, school system, etc is all to familiar to the same society that persecuted the original xtians in the past. Why pick and choose? And why pick the easier way out? Its much easier to mask your own agenda with false spirituality, why not open up and love people for who they are and what they want to be?
That's the world we're forced to live in, too bad you would rather be a martian.  Migrate to mars -- quit whining.  If people so much despise christianity why is the majority for it then? You would think the majority realizes it is so bad that they stay away from it.  I guess something is wrong with the common sense of billions upon billions of people? LMAO.  You are so bitter.

Are u kidding? more than 2.1 billion people in the world are christians, with muslims and atheists directly behind in number. How is this proof? How many other people have spoken against homophobia here? now compare it to those spewing their hateful garbage.

Truth is, that as long as you are hindered by a bias supported by most of the world, there is no way that you will be  able to put yourself in anyone elses shoes, just as you care to ignore the pain and struggles of widely persecuted minorites, is just how people ignored the cries of original xtians who wanted to be left alone to practice their faith.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that minority status or not, christians are still being ridiculed, condemned, whatever.  Even if they are a majority what does that matter?  That they should take it all in stride and give the oppressors a pat on the back when they do it?  Overall majority does not equate to majority all the time.  If a christian is living in Iraq (a muslim nation) he is a minority there.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 5:23am On Jul 28, 2008
most gay guys(in nigeria) tend 2 have a dull if not dead sex lyf (i'm guessing)so where is the sin coming 4rm now
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 28, 2008
lmao!!!

joseph, shush, no one is listening to your lil comments tongue hehhehe
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by dreeldee: 5:27am On Jul 28, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin bad girl
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by pritypeety(f): 5:43am On Jul 28, 2008
I totally agree with
Feministic:

LOL, all of my spewing is just to prove that homosexuals, according to the bible are no worse than any other "sinners" yet people condemn them like other people's "sins" are better. Just because other churchs don't claim that they take in liars, cheats, etc doesn't mean that they don't. smiley
Jesus said there is no big sin neither is there small sin watever they do i know its a sin but u dont av to look down on them. Do not 4 get that when the prostitute in the bible was about to be stoned Jesus told them any one who is clean can cast a stone.  This story is just like all of you criticizing the gays about going to church. Are u all not sinners or will any tell me he has not sinned today and you still go to church? tink about it. I bet u criticisers are the ones that plays girls around even if u don't do that am prity sure that u definitely lied maybe to a kid or to ur neighbour or friend just to get wat u want and you still went ahead to go to church so y not all of u just keep shut. he that knows infront of God and man has never sinned or was as pure as a saint before entring the church each day of his life can continue criticising. just know one thing half population of those in church were sinners like eveeryother person before God took perfect control of their lifes. God can use them if he wants to the way he did to apostle paul. Just forget about them staining the church God knows his people.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by LordChaser(m): 6:19am On Jul 28, 2008
I dont see the problem of having a Gay church still. . . . Whats the big deal? I dont think its a crime. Its not like they hurt anybody do they? undecided
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by acidrop(f): 6:30am On Jul 28, 2008
know what am not replying 2 this bull
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 28, 2008
but you've already replied na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? / Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) / Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.