Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

The Dearth Of Development In The South-east - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dearth Of Development In The South-east (24718 Views)

The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. / Politics Of Development. And Underdevelopment / The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by littlehooper5: 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
IGBO TRIBE IS AGITATING FOR BIAFRA NATION WITH THE UNDERDEVELOPMENT OF THEIR STATES..
I SWEAR THEY(BIAFRA) WILL BE THE POOREST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ...

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by investnow2013: 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
If you remove the population of Anambra people living in Lagos alone & bring them back to SE to settle in a place say OBA in Idemili-South Council of Anambra-State. The economic impact will be felt immediately in High demand of Housing, Land, Schools,Transport, Banking, Market, Food & Clothing, Sercurity,Hotels & Halls etc! You will now see why Lagos is developing at alarming rate! & not Anambra State!. Although we need also to thank Boko Haram for the Help in this regard!. Go to Awka,Ozubulu, Awada, Ugwuagba,Odume, Nkpor, Ogidi,Nkwele etc all in Anambra-State & also go to Nsukka, 9th Mile corner and Enugu City all in Enugu-State and see the impact of the population coming back from the North are making positively to the Economy of these Areas!

4 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by geeez: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
Abagworo: Southeast has been receiving the least funds in Nigeria for more than 40 years but we are thriving. Our major problem remains public utilities, urban renewal, pipe-borne water and good refuse disposal in our cities. In terms of housing, Southeast is far ahead of the rest of the country. Our houses look dirty now because of bad roads and secondly some parts that have laterite surface soil that tends to discolor houses after every harmattan. Our economic hopes lies in Anambra and Abia which actually could have been leading the rest of Africa if not for misplaced priorities by successive governments. The biggest mistake was making Awka and Umuahia capital of Anambra and Abia and in that process denying the required formal/public sector from merging with commerce and industry to create a Kano or Ibadan in Igboland where a State capital will be fully commercial and industrial.

Why have I been a major critic of Peter Obi? From every information at my reach, he tried better than the other Governors before him and that is commendable but if he had focused on Onitsha in particular and Nnewi most of Igboland will be affected positively.

Now these are pictures from Aba and Onitsha which was developed through individual efforts without Goverment contribution.

On the average, the SE states get more from the centre than they contribute to it

The same goes for the entire north

Only the SW and SS receive less from the centre than they contribute to it

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
Keneking: I have visited all the states and their capitals in the SE region and can objectively rate them as follows:

1. Enugu - 52%
2. Imo - 51%
3. Anambra : 41%
4. Abia : 33%
5 Ebonyi : 23% - this should be downgraded as a local government in Enugu

Ratings very right on point...

Beyond sullivan chime of Enugu state and Rochas of imo state, other south east governors seem to me as deranged people... they have no plans or map for development...

Development in Abia state is buying buses to convey market people whose shops were demolished. Smh
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by ckkris: 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
Kponkwem: The region receives the lowest allocation, check ur records. But the number of housing estates across the cities in the south east is opening up new areas. New investments especially SME are coming in.
BTW can u show me just one city in SW that is better than any of the SE capitals?
Must there be comparisons?
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by meforyou1(m): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2013
Afam, let me take u on 2 of your arguments and come back later. Remember SE land mass is ver small. Infact the land mass of the entire SE is not up to 3 local govts in niger state.
Enugu has a standard stadium azikiwe intl stadium. Owerri has an equally standard stadium, dan anyiam. Abia has eyimba stadium, though not fantastic but they naija premier leagues there. Anambra has rojenni stadium oba, though private, but it serves well.
Enugu has an intl airport. Owerri has a good airport awka-enugu, abakiliki to enugu, umuahia to owerri - all about an hour drive.
So why should SE state govts embark on white elephant airport and stadia projects when the ones they have are in good condition?
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by highmood(m): 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
The first thing the people of southeast need to get right are thier leaders. They need leaders with vision and good aesthetic. Those leaders must try as much as possible to follow the master plan of their states by putting infrastructures especially roads(i mean modern roads with street lights and drainages) because this is what people see first as they step into a state, then they must as a matter of urgency and seriousness tackle security challenges while putting personnels on ground to maintain law and other, after which they support the market unions to build modern markets. The security situation and the markets will definitely attract banks and companies to have thier branches in their states. Its not a must that the government must build stadiums, there are other sports that may not cost much that the government may decide to support. Sports like lawn tennis, table tennis, basket ball etc. The government can also build centre's for entertainment as well. The governors of the east don't need going around looking for foreign investors. When these and many more are been done, the people from the east leaving in other parts of the country will definitely return home to set up thier businesses and make investments. I believe it won't take the east more than 10yrs to develop if the right sets of infrastructures are put in thier proper places. The governors of the southeast should not look at the short term benefits. They should learn from the present governors of akwaibom, rivers, and Lagos states. They should not also wait for the federal government because they have bunch of loads and excuses at thier beck and call.

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by willibounce: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
gratiaeo: AFAM not until you point out what's happening in other states apart from development on white papers i wouldn't comment
@ least use Osun state as a yardstick

ODE! So because other states in other regions are not developing, states in d eastern region should remain stagnant? How old u be self?
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by superstar1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
me_for_you: Afam, let me take u on 2 of your arguments and come back later. Remember SE land mass is ver small. Infact the land mass of the entire SE is not up to 3 local govts in niger state.
Enugu has a standard stadium azikiwe intl stadium. Owerri has an equally standard stadium, dan anyiam. Abia has eyimba stadium, though not fantastic but they naija premier leagues there. Anambra has rojenni stadium oba, though private, but it serves well.
Enugu has an intl airport. Owerri has a good airport awka-enugu, abakiliki to enugu, umuahia to owerri - all about an hour drive.
So why should SE state govts embark on white elephant airport and stadia projects when the ones they have are in good condition?

With your small landmass and monstrous population, you are clamouring for Biafra? I am trying to visualise igbos in other parts of the country migrating to alaigbo and the intense competition that will follow. No wonder, you are always quick to add south south to yourselves. All good.

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by biafranqueen: 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
St_Black:

Why ask that?

Though I might not have a first-hand experience of that, I unarguable have witnessed a similar scenario.

...And perhaps, what gies you the conviction that your ideas will be welcomed when presented? PLS TALK.
maybe your ideas will not always be used, but your input and acknowledgement that progress is important to your community, may bring some type of attention to your plight. Only a squeaky wheel gets oil. Most people only show up when they want something that will give them money. For example say excessive refuse as one poster pointed out is a dilemma as it is in most of our areas. How can you as a citizen be the solution by becoming the community leader and saying this is what the problem is in my town and what are the governments plans in solving it. If they have no plans or they say this is what we are planing now offer your solutions. My point is that we have to change our mindset of ask what we can do for our community not what our community leaders can do for us. At least make the effort of progress, by showing up and speaking out!
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
one.east1:

Yes, bro people like abagworo should be banished if Igbo land will have genuine peace and development devoid of rancor and unhealthy competitions. Go through abagworo posts over time you will realize that in most cases he will start an e-war and expect people to align with it, but I equally learnt to swiftly attack him where necessary to make sure that I whip him into line.

On your comment concerning airports why should a non viable state like Imo own an airport whereas economically viable states as Anambra and Abia does not have? It is only in Nigeria that you see such madness. And you are suggesting to them to use it and make viable whereas they do not benefit from its revenue.

I have kept saying it let all the states develop at its own pace. If any state which feels that it has capacity to develop an airport let it go on with it and not for some states to build an airport with intention of tapping human and material resources from other states.

In the case of Anambra the approval has been given and site for the International Cargo airport has been acquired around Otuocha axis. I will posit that each state should develop at its own pace without having to wait for any other. That is why America is the most developed country in the world.

Your idea of let all states build what they like and develop at their own pace is not bad if resources were limitless. Unfortunately, in the real world, we have limited resources which must be used to achieve the most good. A major reason Nigeria failed to develop like Malaysia and Singapore in spite of being ahead of those countries in 1960 and having more resources than them is exactly your mindset of repeating useless projects everywhere in every hamlet,while the real things begging to be built as power plants and heavy industries are labeled "oyibo projects" > Imagine that Nigeria spent a whopping $300 billion dollars to build a useless new capital city they called Abuja, instead of building their industrial and agricultural base which would have ensured Nigeria became an industrialized world power, with very high standard of living seen in developed countries.

Imo airport was actually conceived when Nigeria had a 19 states structure and Imo was the ONLY of the 19 states without an airport. Thus, people who designed and built that airport had the current Abia state in mind as their catchment area for passengers.

Of course, Anambra is also free to build airports at Otuocha, just as someday, Adada state will build its own international cargo airport at Adani, so that they won't use the airport at Enugu or Otuocha. If you look at the distances on the map, it is less than 40km apart.If you lived in Long Island, New York, to drive to the airpot JFK its actually more than 63 kilometers trip. Yet New York state has not built another airport at Long Island,even though just their fire department budget $55 Billion dollars is almost double the entire Nigerian budget.

Believe me, i was one of those that had pressed for the completion of Oba airport or the construction of another one due to major design flaw and erosion prone area of then Oba airport. I had written Ngige when he was Governor in 2003 on the issue of Onitsha or Oba airport completion, which he totally ignored then and even made representations to Gov. Obi shortly after he won the court battle in 2006 via Prof. Chinyere Okunna on the need for an airport at Onitsha for the business community or complete the Oba airport. Then, they rightly pointed out that one was soon to be constructed at Asaba and which could serve the Onitsha community if it happened soon, which will save the Anambra meager resources to be deployed into saving the other sectors of the state which had entirely collapsed then. True to that prediction,Asaba airport project was flagged off and constructed within a reasonable period by the wealthier Delta state. Thus, all the pressure groups doing battle with big transporters who had frustrated any airport project around Onitsha rested our case.

Therefore, in my opinion, an another airport in Onitsha isn't an economic priority right now. What Anambra should focus on is how to complete the refinery at Otuocha,build the IPP planned there, and make sure the IPP generates enough power at least 1000MW to serve Anambra and neighboring states. Willie Obiano spoke like a true wise man who understood what had to be done when he made 4 critical areas of need his 4 point agenda of development to improve commerce,oil,gas & power, agriculture and transport modernization. Anambra must build a monorail transport system to connect Onitsha main market to outer fringes of the town such as Nkpo, Awada,Omaba, and even up to Oba to nnewi.Kano,Lagos and Onitsha were 3 cities in Nigeria recommended for a monorail system in 1986, which the FG never built. Since the concerned states such as Lagos are now building such modern transport infrastructure without FG support, Anambra must find money to build it without depending on FG to do it.

Again, the SE governments should liaise and build light railway lines to connect Onitsha,Abakaliki and Owerri to the PH to Enugu railway line. The vision should be to make it possible to transport yams,rice etc by rail from Abakaliki to Onitsha and onto Aba and pick up industrial goods from Aba back to Abakaliki, without ever riding on roads.This is easily achievable especially with the small landmass of the SE if we had rulers in the SE who thought outside the box and outside the this is my village,my LGA or my state mentality.These would make transportation and movement of goods from markets within the zone cheap and easy. Now if they claim they don't have the money to build all these critical infrastructure necessary for the future and true industrial take off of the zone, why should they waste the little resources they have to embark on repetition of ego projects like airport everywhere just to compete with the ones in nearby states?

4 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by softy(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Anambra has the best road network in Nigeria. Anambra has the highest human capital in Nigeria, Ogun state comes a distant second.

Big FAT fart LIES.......is it Anambra that I passed through everytime?

U can carefully prove this further!
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
geeez:

On the average, the SE states get more from the centre than they contribute to it

WHAT DOES THE AVERAGE SW STATE CONTRIBUTE TO THE CENTER?

COCOA?
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
Lack of development in the SE compared to what region outside Lagos, PH or Abuja?

Nig.gerians have got to be the most deluded people on the planet!
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by superstar1(m): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

COCOA?

Just VAT being generated from SW alone is enough.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by softy(m): 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
eggheaders:

Sunny my boy, which anambra?? The one in mars. Its seems you are high on camel menstral flow. The same anambra I know like the back of my palm. Upper iweka - main market through uberfish junction deathtrap. Onitsha - Enugu expressway, oguata road potholed, unizik junction accident on a regular. Human development gini nwoke, the same place that has the highest number of gun wielding touts collecting levels from traders(mpaizu), what about the uzo boy(truck pusher). Carry your lies go front before I turn your dentition formulae to 0/0/0. Pa saranya gi there.

i can't agree less, sire!....u just described the plain truth called A reality. Thanks.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by adonisvg(m): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
grin
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by adonisvg(m): 2:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
Now the political class we have in Igbo land currently has this do or die affair...election rigging, engineering of scores and all is the bedrock of their administrations...i wonder what theodore orji of abia state has to offer, let alone ohaki, rochas, martins elechi, peter obi, andy uba, ngige, martins agbaso, hope uzordinma, capt iheanacho etc....2015 should be a huge challenge for all of us both the one in diaspora...cme home and see things, not corel draw and autoCAD designs of white elephant projects you see online....you can imagine Theodore clinching the best south east gov'nor by AIT....what an insult.

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oduaboy1: 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

COCOA?
Google is your friend,Southsouth contributes most to the federation account followed by southwest.
Southeast contributes little.
And the north contributes basically nothing.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
superstar1:

Just VAT being generated from SW alone is enough.

[size=15pt]VAT from where Osogbo or Iseyin?

Don't mention Lagos from that your rotten mouth because you know Lagos economy is contributed by ALL Nigerians as federal capital not yoruba people.
[/size]
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by ChimaAgbalajob: 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
odua boy: Google is your friend,Southsouth contributes most to the federation account followed by southwest.
Southeast contributes little.
And the north contributes basically nothing.

[size=13pt]As a matter of fact, oil makes 90% of Nigeria's total earnings and 95% of the oil is in the SS![/size]
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by meforyou1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
gratiaeo:
Which ore fixed? Ore i plied on Thursday?
As i speak badagry express way can only compare with hell.
The work there is as dull as it sound
are u responding the osun agberu? Mile 2-badagry expressway as we speak is worse than satan's hell fire. 3 weeks ago, it took me 30mins to get to abuja airport from my house. Took me 50mins to get to lagos by aero. But then took me over 3hrs to get to satellite town from MM2. And the stu.pid dude is here telling badagry expressway is fixed
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
Hahaha at the misplaced advice from the non-Igbos here!

I can bet that these folks are indigenes of backward, poverty-stricken villages and towns. Hypocrites offering their baseless opinions.

Yes Igboland is underdeveloped. I agree.

But is Igboland is the reason why ALL OF NIGERIA has a low GDP per capita, low HDI, abysmal healthcare and social amenities, zero pensions, horrible social infrastructure?

Or is the Igbo brand of underdevelopment different from what we see in Delta, Kogi, Osun, Ondo, Benue, Adamawa, Katsina, Sokoto, Bayelsa, that it has to be discussed and analyzed in isolation?

LMFAO!

3 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by superstar1(m): 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

[size=15pt]VAT from where Osogbo or Iseyin?

Don't mention Lagos from that your rotten mouth because you know Lagos economy is contributed by ALL Nigerians as federal capital not yoruba people.
[/size]

Do yourself the favour to go to min of finance homepage and see the vat figures. Dont be intellectually lazy. Cocoa is the next highest earner after oil.

That is what we have to offer. What are you contributing to Nigeria?
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oduaboy1: 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

[size=13pt]As a matter of fact, oil makes 90% of Nigeria's total earnings and 95% of the oil is in the SS![/size]
1] South-South contributed N479 Billion to the Federation Account. The zone was allocated N285 Billion. It made a loss of N194 Billion.
2] South-West contributed N339 Billion to the Federation Account. The zone was allocated N127 Billion. It made a loss of N212 Billion.
3] South-East contributed N10 Billion to the Federation Account. The zone was allocated N85 Billion. It made a gain of N75 Billion.
4] North-West contributed N20 Billion to the Federation Account. The zone was allocated N157 Billion. It made a gain of N137 Billion.
5] North-East contributed N5 Billion to the Federation Account. The zone was allocated N109 Billion. It made a gain of N104 Billion.
6] North-Central contributed N15 Billion to the Federation Account. The zone was allocated N105 Billion. It made a gain of N90 Billion.
http://nigerdeltastandard.com/Post- federation_account_allocation__who_is _short_changing_who_#sthash.710oa z1z.dpuf

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by ChimaAgbalajob: 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
nnenna.1:

I can bet that these folks are indigenes of backward, poverty-stricken villages and towns. Hypocrites offering their baseless opinions.

But is Igboland is the reason why ALL OF NIGERIA has a low GDP per capita, low HDI, abysmal healthcare and social amenities, zero pensions, horrible social infrastructure?

Or is the Igbo brand of underdevelopment different from what we see in Delta, Kogi, Osun, Ondo, Benue, Adamawa, Katsina, Sokoto, Bayelsa, that it has to be discussed and analyzed in isolation?

LMFAO!

I think Afam started this thread to proffer solutions and generate ideas.

We know those bad belle people located west of our border will always be jealous and want to "advise" us, when they have no advise for their useless homeland filled with juju. Apart from Boko Haram, northern Nigeria has the best cities in Nigeria. Have you ever seen someone migrating to Ogbomoso or even Abeokuta? Their zone is the worst poverty stricken deprived area of west Africa, but they will always jump up to advise people better than them.

I suggest we ignore their usual bad belle to deviate us from real issues.

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by highmood(m): 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
geeez:

think very well. When you talk about the SW, where are u specifically pointing at? Lagos. And if I may ask, who are those that contributes to the economy of states like Lagos and kano? The easterners, right? Will u now tell me the SW contributes more to the center whereby the the southeasterners indirectly contribute massively to thier economy? U said the east doesn't contribute, do u know but not as much as the south south, abia state and imo state have been an oil region for some time now. What is the southwest contributing if I may ask then?

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by obayaya(m): 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

Your idea of let all states build what they like and develop at their own pace is not bad if resources were limitless. Unfortunately, in the real world, we have limited resources which must be used to achieve the most good. A major reason Nigeria failed to develop like Malaysia and Singapore in spite of being ahead of those countries in 1960 and having more resources than them is exactly your mindset of repeating useless projects everywhere in every hamlet,while the real things begging to be built as power plants and heavy industries are labeled "oyibo projects" > Imagine that Nigeria spent a whopping $300 billion dollars to build a useless new capital city they called Abuja, instead of building their industrial and agricultural base which would have ensured Nigeria became an industrialized world power, with very high standard of living seen in developed countries.

Imo airport was actually conceived when Nigeria had a 19 states structure and Imo was the ONLY of the 19 states without an airport. Thus, people who designed and built that airport had the current Abia state in mind as their catchment area for passengers.

Of course, Anambra is also free to build airports at Otuocha, just as someday, Adada state will build its own international cargo airport at Adani, so that they won't use the airport at Enugu or Otuocha. If you look at the distances on the map, it is less than 40km apart.If you lived in Long Island, New York, to drive to the airpot JFK its actually more than 63 kilometers trip. Yet New York state has not built another airport at Long Island,even though just their fire department budget $55 Billion dollars is almost double the entire Nigerian budget.

Believe me, i was one of those that had pressed for the completion of Oba airport or the construction of another one due to major design flaw and erosion prone area of then Oba airport. I had written Ngige when he was Governor in 2003 on the issue of Onitsha or Oba airport completion, which he totally ignored then and even made representations to Gov. Obi shortly after he won the court battle in 2006 via Prof. Chinyere Okunna on the need for an airport at Onitsha for the business community or complete the Oba airport. Then, they rightly pointed out that one was soon to be constructed at Asaba and which could serve the Onitsha community if it happened soon, which will save the Anambra meager resources to be deployed into saving the other sectors of the state which had entirely collapsed then. True to that prediction,Asaba airport project was flagged off and constructed within a reasonable period by the wealthier Delta state. Thus, all the pressure groups doing battle with big transporters who had frustrated any airport project around Onitsha rested our case.

Therefore, in my opinion, an another airport in Onitsha isn't an economic priority right now. What Anambra should focus on is how to complete the refinery at Otuocha,build the IPP planned there, and make sure the IPP generates enough power at least 1000MW to serve Anambra and neighboring states. Willie Obiano spoke like a true wise man who understood what had to be done when he made 4 critical areas of need his 4 point agenda of development to improve commerce,oil,gas & power, agriculture and transport modernization. Anambra must build a monorail transport system to connect Onitsha main market to outer fringes of the town such as Nkpo, Awada,Omaba, and even up to Oba to nnewi.Kano,Lagos and Onitsha were 3 cities in Nigeria recommended for a monorail system in 1986, which the FG never built. Since the concerned states such as Lagos are now building such modern transport infrastructure without FG support, Anambra must find money to build it without depending on FG to do it.

Again, the SE governments should liaise and build light railway lines to connect Onitsha,Abakaliki and Owerri to the PH to Enugu railway line. The vision should be to make it possible to transport yams,rice etc by rail from Abakaliki to Onitsha and onto Aba and pick up industrial goods from Aba back to Abakaliki, without ever riding on roads.This is easily achievable especially with the small landmass of the SE if we had rulers in the SE who thought outside the box and outside the this is my village,my LGA or my state mentality.These would make transportation and movement of goods from markets within the zone cheap and easy. Now if they claim they don't have the money to build all these critical infrastructure necessary for the future and true industrial take off of the zone, why should they waste the little resources they have to embark on repetition of ego projects like airport everywhere just to compete with the ones in nearby states?

and here's the most meaningful contribution on this thread...

thank you sir

5 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by biafranqueen: 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
nnenna.1:

LMFAO!
I was trying to ignore them because I have come to realize that some non Igbos have a very unhealthy fantasy of being Igbo and when it is not realized they become unproductive. Of course they will all come here claiming Lagos is where they hail! Nothing we discuss they can resist commenting smh. I wonder why they care so much especially the ones that insult us the most! Let us ignore the enemies of progress, from derailing this important post, I don't blame them for the obsession we are such an interesting people wink

2 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by biafranqueen: 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

I think Afam started this thread to proffer solutions and generate ideas.

We know those bad belle people located west of our border will always be jealous and want to "advise" us, when they have no advise for their useless homeland filled with juju. Apart from Boko Haram, northern Nigeria has the best cities in Nigeria. Have you ever seen someone migrating to Ogbomoso or even Abeokuta? Their zone is the worst poverty stricken deprived area of west Africa, but they will always jump up to advise people better than them.

I suggest we ignore their usual bad belle to deviate us from real issues.
I second that and I am enjoying your contributions greatly by the way! Your point on the monorail was brilliant in fact, 3 years ago a private company wanted to build it with their own funds. The plan was signed and ok by Obi we the people need to find out what happen. Putting your idea in writing is powerful, but the best is showing up or requesting a meeting with a group of 20 or more pushing for that meeting. Written correspondence is great to start with, but a worker will just file it or worst steal it as their own idea, but don't have the knowledge to follow up, due to lack of research. We need to forum political action committees that are funded by the people and interest groups for development. These groups can become powerful enough to make things happen. Small donations add up to give us the power needed to have our voices heard in the government!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

2023: Powerful Forces Want Oshiomhole Sacked Over Tinubu's Presidential Ambition / Ebelechukwu Obiano Wins APGA Anambra North Senatorial Primary / Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.