Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

49 House Members Decamp To APC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 49 House Members Decamp To APC (30774 Views)

Rivers: 500 APC Members Decamp To PDP / 7,000 APC Members Decamp To PDP / 37 PDP House Of Reps Members Decamp To The APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Ekestar(m): 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
payless: Jonathan is about to be consumed by his lack of political width and charisma. He is being led by sycophants who don't really mean well for him except for their pockets. I expect Tambuwal and other Northern legislators to declare for APC by February. This should confirm why I said many times that PDP is a Northern party that is supported by some southern slaves mostly based in South-east and South-south. The Nigerian Constitution favours the North more than any other region because, the North dominates the National Assembly; in terms of number. There are more than 68% of PDP legislators in the House of Representatives and Senate. I expect these Northern PDP legislators to desert PDP and move to APC. Jonathan will be left with Akpabio, Orji, Obi, Mimiko, Elechi, Chime and the governor of Cross-River State, Bamanga Tukur, Anenih, Okupe, Gulak, Abati and few others.........

One thing that I know is that, you don't fight the North politically. It is never advisable to let the North have a common enemy. When you fight the North, they tend to come together and fight their opponents regardless of their party affiliations. All the Northern Governors who claim to be in support of Jonathan are currently under pressure to dump Jonathan. Governor of Bauchi and Katsina will be put under a lot of pressure by Emirs and Sultan to dump Jonathan by end of next year. These governors will definitely dump him. Normally, the Northern elites do not favor Buhari but they are ready to support Buhari to get there and deprive Jonathan the second term he so much crave. The North has been threatened by Jonathan utterances of "Igbos are my back bone" "the votes I got from the North only came from Igbos". Those utterances were wrong by the President of Nigeria. As a a matter of fact, it was Sultan of Sokoto and some Emirs who declared support for Jonathan in the North when IBB, Atiku, Adamu Ciroma and others were giving Jonathan tough time. This was at the time of tension in the North in 2011.

The goal of the North is to get anyone from their region elected as President. It doesn't matter who that person eventually is.

Jonathan and his political rookies have woken up a sleeping giant.
U MIGHT BE CORRECT TO AN EXTENT BUT NOT AS TO EVERY THING U SAID,i WANT U TO KNOW THAT ONE OF THE REASONS WHY THE PRESSURE AGAINST GOODLUCK IS SO MUCH IS BECAUSE OF HIS EMERGENCE AS THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IN 2011,THIS DISTORTED THE POLITICAL EQUATION ALREADY IN EXISTENCE,AND THIS EQUATION WAS SETUP BY THE NORTH,THE POLITICAL EQUATION,IS NOW FURTHER THREATENED BY HIS UNKNOWN DECISION TO CONTEST 2015,WHICH IF ALLOWED TO HAPPEN WILL AFFECT THE NORTHERN NIGERIA POLITICALLY.
EVEN WITHOUT THE PRESIDENT AFFIRMING THAT THE IGBOS ARE THE BACK BONE OF HIS GOVERNMENT,WHICH WE ALL KNOW TO BE THE TRUTH,THE THREAT BY THE NORTH WILL STILL CONTINUE,ALTHOUGH HE SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID IT NOW,PROBABLY AFTER 2015 ELECTION.I WANT U TO KNOW THAT ANY TIME POWER CHANGES HAND IT MUST BE THREATENED BY THE ORIGINAL WIELDERS.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
atlwireles:

There you go with your 6 years old talk again. Worry about your own reality, is it not this Nigeria. There are some people that born losers in this country,. seek them out. PDP and Jonah, are stronger than ever before, we gave up some dead weight today. As usual the party of losers picked them up.
Sharrap dia my friend!! Do you know that Jona's end is gradually near politically? He was not ready for the office of the president, it was obvious in his talk, style and policies;This is the worst president Nigeria ever had! So i expect you to carry your oga's political career's coffin come 2015. You are warned!!!

1 Like

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by adonisvg(m): 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ubi Concordia, Ibi Victoria....where there is unity, there is victory.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by nduchucks: 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

Brox, you are the one not getting it.

I actually want the balance in the house as that's where I feel we really need change (that's if they really start making policies and not just collecting allocations).

I only wish they were in the house to do the Nation service.

You are naive, wicked or both if you sit there singing their praise and calling for the downfall of PDP.
Only hypocrites will want PDP to die. They are those who want to hold on to power for themselves.

As much as I don't like APC (because of their hypocrisy), I want the party to thrive.
This is good for democracy and Nigerians ultimately.
I am however not going to tolerate the hypocrisy of APC and their supporters.

I had assumed that you were looking at the situation strictly from the legal point of view, as I was doing. You've put things in perspective by owning up to your personal intolerance of 'hypocrisy of APC and their supporters'.

I agree that we can find hypocrisy within both APC and PDP and we all should condemn such. You are wrong however, to conclude that I seek the downfall of PDP because I am naive or wicked. I have seen first hand, unprecedented level of looting, theft, coverups, and massive fraud, the levesl of which have never been seen in the history of the world, under GEJ's administration, and I truly believe that we cannot afford another 4 years of these attrocities.

So for me, if GEJ must go, PDP must first go. Nothing personal buddy.

1 Like

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by duni04(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
Promhize:

Do you know what it takes to impeach a president? Do you know its practically impossible? Do you think its just by members of the house voting?

So many dumb kids on this forum
Lol see this small pickin. Was it not after the house threatened Obj with impeachment during his first term that he flooded the house with Ghana must go bags. Nigerians have a taste for sensationalism. So ur telling me nobody in both houses can even threaten jonathan with impeachment cos of wetin? Cos its not in our constitution? Continue jonzing there
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by ballabriggs: 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
When I read comments from Apostle's of President Jonadunce, I see why he is in this mess. He is surrounded by those who tell him, "Mr President sir, you have so much power and so you can do and undo". They make reference to OBJ without an understanding of the powers behind OBJ. OBJ had his base from North to South which is very important in a diverse country.

1 Like

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Demdem(m): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
ballabriggs: When I read comments from Apostle's of President Jonadunce, I see why he is in this mess. He is surrounded by those who tell him, "Mr President sir, you have so much power and so you can do and undo". They make reference to OBJ without an understanding of the powers behind OBJ. OBJ had his base from North to South which is very important in a diverse country.

And Jonathan has his base from the ALMIGHTY SE/SS. They are his bedrock grin grin
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by dipotech: 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
if this news could be true then RIP PDP
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by TechWalker007: 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I had assumed that you were looking at the situation strictly from the legal point of view, as I was doing. You've put things in perspective by owning up to your personal intolerance of 'hypocrisy of APC and their supporters'.

I agree that we can find hypocrisy within both APC and PDP and we all should condemn such. You are wrong however, to conclude that I seek the downfall of PDP because I am naive or wicked. I have seen first hand, unprecedented level of looting, theft, coverups, and massive fraud, the levesl of which have never been seen in the history of the world, under GEJ's administration, and I truly believe that we cannot afford another 4 years of these attrocities.

So for me, if GEJ must go, PDP must first go. Nothing personal buddy.

The highlighted shows how hypocritical you are again.

1. Under the same GEJ, opposition parties thrived.
2. You actually now have information of what is happening in government.
3. The power road map is been realized.
4. Rail has been revitalized.
5. ...and many more

But again at the highlighted....

1. You embrace the same people who perpetuated the said "unprecedented level of looting, theft, coverups, and massive fraud"
2. Have you also looked at the "unprecedented level of looting, theft, coverups, and massive fraud" in other non-PDP states?
3. Do you know that Nyako is one of the least performing governors in Nigeria? Is he also a "progressive"?

5 Likes

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
Gbawe:

They are not lazy. They simply lack political sophistication . They do not even have an iota of it. You will find that these guys , despite being conventionally educated, will always lack political sophistication because their clannish nature and ethno-religious prejudice against others will perpetually prevent them from appreciating what politics, a game of numbers and alliances plus strategic planning, is all about.

We are seeing politics playing out before ours yet some naff and politically gauche 'throwbacks' prefer going around shouting "boko/Yoruba" Party, "Yorobu and aboki gang-up" and other such illiterate and prejudiced drivel.

I really pity some people and how their mental 'stumbling blocks' (divisiveness, prejudice, ethno-religious jingoism, paranoia, persecution complex et al) will always prevent them from seeing what matters .

Why does this guy always sound like an I.d.i.ot.

His posts never make any sense to me. Just a collection of words that have literally no meaning.

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way whenever I come across his posts here.

5 Likes

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by duni04(m): 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

5. ...and many more

1. You embrace the same people who perpetuated the said "unprecedented level of looting, theft, coverups, and massive fraud"
2. Have you also looked at the "unprecedented level of looting, theft, coverups, and massive fraud" in other non-PDP states?
3. Do you know that Nyako is one of the least performing governors in Nigeria? Is he also a "progressive"?
Don't mind him o. He's just exposing the fact that he wasn't born during IBB's regime or even Abacha's regime. Let's not even talk about OBJ and his haliburton bribes.

5 Likes

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by deletrue: 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
donphilopus: Keep deceiving yourself man!! How many states from the SW voted against Jonathan in 2011?? Only one which is Osun voted against Jonathan, yet CPC still tried.

2015 Election would not be based on any foolish southern agenda! So Jonathan would hardly win one state in the SW, which is Ondo. Come to the SS, PDP would try all their best in Edo, but we'll tell them that gone are those days where ballot papers would be taken to Anenih's house, so just expect a landslide victory for APC.

As for the North, Jigawa would be very hard for PDP, Plateau and Kaduna would also be very hard for them to win. The votes of Lagosians, and the entire Kano are more than the votes of the entire SE, including some parts of SS. So do not deceive your self, come 2015, we would say Goodbye To Goodluck (GTG).
Your thread do not only carry with it the dumbest in you but also your emptied and primitive analysis. How come you are describing Jona as Jonathan? Be very careful or would you want to experience the stuff am made up of?
Edo is gong no where, Anambra is going no where even most west states will be shared. Have you forgotten the enomous powers of the president?

1 Like

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by ballabriggs: 12:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demdem:

And Jonathan has his base from the ALMIGHTY SE/SS. They are his bedrock grin grin

lol Jonadunce surrounded by those who want to make money from his gullibility and so they tell him what will make his manhood stand.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by nduchucks: 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

5. ...and many more

If you are a regular poster in this section, you'd know that I am immune from name calling. You've highlighted some 'achievements' of GEJ's administration but I'm afraid those achievements are not particularly distinguished. These are normal activities which a mediocre government should carry out. Unfortunately, you people have been programmed to believe that what you itemized are great achievements.

Certainly, these 'achievements' are not excuses for the massive looting and other attrocities I mentioned in my last post. None of us should condone looters, at the state level or federal. For the purposes of this thread, we are focusing on PDP, GEJ, APC, and the members of the house who are planning to switch parties shortly.

Lets try to be focused here. If you wish, you can open a thread to discuss corruption in the states you mentioned.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Here I see a great bunch of f00ls making entreaties, these are analysis from d mind of men, they have been able to calculate wit their senses but have forgotn dt there is a God in heaven d most powerful who entrone and detrone kings... º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º who will decide whn d Grt God of Jecob who made Jonathan king over d so called emirs of north an d so call bunch of sychophants of d apc f00ls. Let's see wht will bcome of them come 2o15, I reserv d rest of my commnts untill then!
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by ratiken(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
As much as this looks like a good development, I see chaos and almost anarchy at the back end. Not very sure if we have the structure to withstand the fall-outs from these developments. PDP is definitely not going down without a fight, APC is not going to allow the progress gained so far go down the drain, the NDs are waiting to bring our economy to its knees if their 'brother' gets impeached or denied 2015 presidency, PDP is definitely gonna react to the these developments in very mean and harsh ways and with all the organs at her disposal. Its just gonna get messy, unfortunately.. None of these is meant to address the dire needs of the common Nigerian. I seriously fear that the 2014/15 disintegration forecast might just be playing out before our very eyes. These are desperate moves and developments and both parties will stop at nothing. I fear for this entity called Nigeria.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by IlajeOmuro: 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Where does the ordinary voter stand in all of this calculations? Nigerians have lost faith in their own power and fervently believe that success at polls is the handiwork of a president, a governor, and any political leader for that matter. I sense a disoriented and poorly educated youthful population! Too bad!

1 Like

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
How all dis talk go help me buy motor. Nigerians we can like bother ourselves wit rubbish. Sentiments will continue 2 kill us in dis country. I get amazed when pple analyse politics as if it puts food on deir table. When what all dese politicians are interested in is how dey will loot dis country. All dese guys are birds of a feather. Nigerians please I want 2 ask a questions. Do U want us 2 seperate in dis country?
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Delafruita(m): 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2013
taharqa: Keep dancing, my Fulani guy. There can ONLY be factions in political part if d factions are recognized by INEC (and INEC hv come out to clearly state that they do not recognize any faction in PDP and only deal with Tukur's NWC). Moreover, a court already declared that there is NO FACTION in PDP- that is d subsisting Legal and therefore ONLY situation until another higher court discharges the order. Those people who just left or wud leave PDP decamped as INDIVIDUALS in d eyes of both d law and INEC; and d law says that they MUST vacant their seats if they are Legislators. Do I need to tell you that d PDP wud MAKE SURE that this wud happened? Bamanga Tukur already told them that. Just watch as d real politics begin...
do you mean to tell me that INEC has a duty to recognize factions?what exactly is a division?
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by texaco1: 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Go and sleep!
God bless you for this comment
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by 24in7: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
make i siddon dey look them 1st how them wan use turn arround
6 to 9 lipsrsealed cool cool
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Delafruita(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

5. ...and many more

what exactly do you mean by "the opposition parties thrived"?
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by jamace(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
I dey laugh o grin grin grin
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by TechWalker007: 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndu_chucks:

If you are a regular poster in this section, you'd know that I am immune from name calling. You've highlighted some 'achievements' of GEJ's administration but I'm afraid those achievements are not particularly distinguished. These are normal activities which a mediocre government should carry out. Unfortunately, you people have been programmed to believe that what you itemized are great achievements.

Certainly, these 'achievements' are not excuses for the massive looting and other attrocities I mentioned in my last post. None of us should condone looters, at the state level or federal. For the purposes of this thread, we are focusing on PDP, GEJ, APC, and the members of the house who are planning to switch parties shortly.

Lets try to be focused here. If you wish, you can open a thread to discuss corruption in the states you mentioned.

At the highlighted...

You cannot say this and celebrate the "decampees" from PDP at the same time.
Why did you leave out the other part of my post deliberately?
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by fasbat(m): 1:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
emorse: All in preparation for 2015. Will a change of party make these guys better people? This only goes to show that no political party in Nigeria is trustworthy.
and when late GANI Fawehinmi floated and even contested election u voted for him? Pls, d two strong parties is good for d polity...good people will float party Nigerians will not give them support,
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by TechWalker007: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
Delafruita: what exactly do you mean by "the opposition parties thrived"?

thrive
θrʌɪv/Submit
verb
past tense: thrived
1. grow or develop well or vigorously.

2 Likes

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by deletrue: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Delafruita: personally,I have my doubts about the ability of the APC to wrest power from PDP in 2015.its one thing to take a state,but the centre is a different ball game.however,the northern political bloc is one that finds its strenght in unity of purpose and interest.in reality,the performance or allegiance of the northern governors don't matter,the majority of the northern votes will go wherever the northern elite decides it should go.if its unwilling to go that way,they'd rig it that way.GEJ pinning his hopes on the christian minority or the south east and south south will be unwise.no amount of federal money pumped into the north will give him the votes unless he gets the support of the political and royal elite of the north.obasanjo realised that in 2003 which is why he acted the fool with atiku.

Its understandable that the migrating PDP governors might have clashes with those controlling the APc structure in their states but as is said of poolitics:interests matter more.do I see oyinlola and aregbe working together?fatah and belgore?the coming together of strange bedfellows isn't alien to our politics so anything is possible.

It is my sincere hope that the foundation of the APC is strong enough to withstand and accomodate the varying interests the migration will bring along.it will be unfortunate if it goes the way of kenya's rainbow coalition
Very perfect and indeed advanced analysis. But i would want to sway away from your direction when it come to pumping money. Do you know the powerful role money plays in Nigeria? A typical Nigerian can comfortably sell as many people as possible whether his own people or not when it comes to money? leave that thing. Money is also part of Nigerian politics.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by donphilopus: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

You are learning from Ndu Chuks? Hahahahaha.
SMHFU!
I'm never learning from him, I'm only telling him to see that, no need of analysis. What a namby pamby like you!?

5 Likes

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by donphilopus: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
taharqa: Ndu-chuks, is just as fooolish as your sef, Bros. See who you dey present as yr 'authority'.....Anyway sha, yr OLODO pass im own. So I undastad the urge..
Go and read that and close that pit you take as your mouth!

5 Likes

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by nduchucks: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

At the highlighted...

You cannot say this and celebrate the "decampees" from PDP at the same time.
Why did you leave out the other part of my post deliberately?

For the umpteeth time, I am not celebrating anything, I am simply commenting on the legality of the impending action of the house members. Stop trying to join unrelated issues. I've told you to open a separate thread if you wish to address the other part of your post since I have no intention of participating in the derailment of this one. I am squarely focused on the topic of this thread at this moment.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by donphilopus: 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
deletrue: Your thread do not only carry with it the dumbest in you but also your emptied and primitive analysis. How come you are describing Jona as Jonathan? Be very careful or would you want to experience the stuff am made up of?
Edo is gong no where, Anambra is going no where even most west states will be shared. Have you forgotten the enomous powers of the president?
Keep dreaming. Do you think Anenih has mouth in Edo state again?? That thief!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adamu, Orji Uzor Kalu Emerge Senate Leader, Chief Whip / Father Mbaka: Governor Obiano Is God's Blessing To Anambra State (Photos) / Fayose Visits Finance Ministry, Demands Payment F N1.1bn Allocation - The Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.