Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

49 House Members Decamp To APC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 49 House Members Decamp To APC (30778 Views)

Rivers: 500 APC Members Decamp To PDP / 7,000 APC Members Decamp To PDP / 37 PDP House Of Reps Members Decamp To The APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by guiddoti: 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
The second episode of political slavery, the exodus of corrupt minds. Will there be change in Nigeria hemisphere? 2015? Certainly I'm presumptiously seeing fail leaders, if oga at the top could not hold down this marching order. This has indicated the slogan: "sweep them away if you can not your join them. " we are watching 2015
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
1. FACTION: is an organized group of people within a larger group.
2. INEC: can recognise only one group, meaning two groups lay claim but INEC recognises only one faction thus confirming the presence of a non recognised faction
3. for the lazy few saying the courts recognise only the Tukur led PDP thus no faction, I say "pity", a court cannot declare two factions legitimate, the fact you went to court proves they are two groups seeking for legitimacy. As a matter of fact, going to court itself is evidence that they are two factions in the party
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Reference(m): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

Seriously, I don't really care about the them decamping. I am more worried that APC is presenting themselves as progressives but with open arms to the same people they have hitherto labelled corrupt! How hypocritical?!

Its not hypocritical. It is the reality. For APC to become a national player it has to reflect the national character and aggregate the moral barometer of her citizens. If the majority of Nigerians are corrupt how do you expect a minority of 'saints' to rule. That's why I dismissed the 'Buhari Effect' long ago. His likes will be a minority in the APC. That's how democracy tackles corruption and misgovernance. Not by the quality of individuals within a grouping but by the fear/greed associated with assuming or losing power. The APC and PDP will eventually reach an equilibrium in all ramifications. The earlier should be our prayer.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by TechWalker007: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndu_chucks:

For the umpteeth time, I am not celebrating anything, I am simply commenting on the legality of the impending action of the house members. Stop trying to join unrelated issues. I've told you to open a separate thread if you wish to address the other part of your post since I have no intention of participating in the derailment of this one. I am squarely focused on the topic of this thread at this moment.

Your previous posts:

ndu_chucks:

Continue to deceive yourself. According to you, only one faction of PDP existed before now, there was no division whatsoever in the PDP, nPDP/G7 are simply figments of people's imaginations, and PDP was so united that they publicly told some of their key members to go and join APC just to show the togetherness within PDP.

As a matter of fact, to any Nigerian, G7 is the name of a forum which brought together the heads of the richest industrialized countries: France, West Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, the United States. mumu

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

ndu_chucks:

Why are you people so lazy that you can't lookup simple information, but instead you'll confidently make pronouncements which project you as uninformed?

The constitution allows for these house members to decamp, in fact Section 68 (1) of the 1999 Constitution allows defection of any lawmaker if there is division in the political party of which he was previously a member or a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored.

Their seats cannot be constitutionally rendered vacant. I expect additional defection from the house and senate in coming days. I'm sorry to say that GEJ's days are numbered.

You are even rolling-on-the-floor-laughing yet claimed you didn't celebrate the "unprecedented level of looting, theft, coverups, and massive fraud" joining the "progressives".

See how you even liken them to the world G7?
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by donphilopus: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

Fixed.
grin grin
Keep it up!
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by TechWalker007: 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
donphilopus: Keep it up!

I have nothing against you bro, one love.
We are still Nigerians, APC, PDP, APGA, NTA, ASUU and all. grin
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Reference(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
heykims: in d words of pastor Tunde bakare, no election is holding in 2015.

I'm sure even he cannot recognise the party on whose platform he co-stood for the highest elected office just a tad more than 3 years ago. The ground has shifted so massively towards 'the centre' I'm sure his head must be spinning.
Perhaps Lai's invite to GEJ doesn't sound so funny. I dare even picture a couple of scenarious that could place him on the APC ballot a few months down the line....
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by donphilopus: 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

I have nothing against you bro, one love.
We are still Nigerians, APC, PDP, APGA, NTA, ASUU and all. grin
No Pros Boss!
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by TechWalker007: 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
Reference:

Its not hypocritical. It is the reality. For APC to become a national player it has to reflect the national character and aggregate the moral barometer of her citizens. If the majority of Nigerians are corrupt how do you expect a minority of 'saints' to rule. That's why I dismissed the 'Buhari Effect' long ago. His likes will be a minority in the APC. That's how democracy tackles corruption and misgovernance. Not by the quality of individuals within a grouping but by the fear/greed associated with assuming or losing power. The APC and PDP will eventually reach an equilibrium in all ramifications. The earlier should be our prayer.

Let me tell you the truth.
APC had a good start, they would have grown to become the party of the masses.
If you have followed me before now, I was once an APC supporter.
I voted for Ribadu against GEJ and still respect him a lot.

I do not believe APC had to become what it is today just to wrestle power.

Why should I support a new party whose ONLY GOAL is to BECOME the ONLY party?

1 Like

Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by porka: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
Gbawe:

They are not lazy. They simply lack political sophistication . They do not even have an iota of it. You will find that these guys , despite being conventionally educated, will always lack political sophistication because their clannish nature and ethno-religious prejudice against others will perpetually prevent them from appreciating what politics, a game of numbers and alliances plus strategic planning, is all about.

We are seeing politics playing out before ours yet some naff and politically gauche 'throwbacks' prefer going around shouting "boko/Yoruba" Party, "Yorobu and aboki gang-up" and other such illiterate and prejudiced drivel.

I really pity some people and how their mental 'stumbling blocks' (divisiveness, prejudice, ethno-religious jingoism, paranoia, persecution complex et al) will always prevent them from seeing what matters .

"Q. Let’s go back to the Yoruba and their politics; you were talking about Ribadu, right?

Yes, what I want you to understand is that they were just using us. They supported Ribadu because they knew he would not win, and they would not even vote for him. And now, they would still support another northern candidate, whether he wins or not, they don’t care. In fact they already knew it cannot be won.

But in the election that would follow the next one, it may be their turn to produce the candidate, do you think there is a northerner that would not support a Yoruba candidate? And by then, the Yoruba folk would come out en masse to vote for one of their own." - Tank Yakassai

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/150148-exclusive-why-dying-yaradua-was-sneaked-into-nigeria-without-jonathans-knowledge-tanko-yakasai.html

Relax man.

Everyone is trying to contribute as they see things with biases and sentiments.

That is called politics.

The success or failure of this new alliance depends on how perceptions are managed.

As it stands, there are still entrenched fears; real and perceived.

Beyond Yakassai's perception, there are some deep seated ambition in the new alliance that won't just go away because of the merger.

As soon as some are realized, there may be a semblance of "peace".

Unfortunately not many would be realized.

How for instance do you get Mohammadu Buhari to jettison his ambition and fall behind say Bukola Saraki or Aminu Tambuwwal and still deploy that kind of passion as in the current euphoria?

If Jonathan loses - which is extremely unlikely at this time - APC's future is secured, at least with the power and influence that the presidency carries.

However, they will still have to contend with the internal wrangling that the second term issues will bring vis-a-vis the present calculations of the SW leader(s).

But if it is the reverse - which is extremely likely - APC will fragment and dissolve into respective regional enclaves.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by molas02: 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
[quote author=djinsuntan]Nice development, PDP's monopoly get's to fizzle out. Enof of monopolizing all sector of governance for selfish lots.[who tell u say APC BE OUR NEW Messiah ]
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by porka: 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ekestar:
U MIGHT BE CORRECT TO AN EXTENT BUT NOT AS TO EVERY THING U SAID,i WANT U TO KNOW THAT ONE OF THE REASONS WHY THE PRESSURE AGAINST GOODLUCK IS SO MUCH IS BECAUSE OF HIS EMERGENCE AS THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IN 2011,THIS DISTORTED THE POLITICAL EQUATION ALREADY IN EXISTENCE,AND THIS EQUATION WAS SETUP BY THE NORTH,THE POLITICAL EQUATION,IS NOW FURTHER THREATENED BY HIS UNKNOWN DECISION TO CONTEST 2015,WHICH IF ALLOWED TO HAPPEN WILL AFFECT THE NORTHERN NIGERIA POLITICALLY.
EVEN WITHOUT THE PRESIDENT AFFIRMING THAT THE IGBOS ARE THE BACK BONE OF HIS GOVERNMENT,WHICH WE ALL KNOW TO BE THE TRUTH,THE THREAT BY THE NORTH WILL STILL CONTINUE,ALTHOUGH HE SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID IT NOW,PROBABLY AFTER 2015 ELECTION.I WANT U TO KNOW THAT ANY TIME POWER CHANGES HAND IT MUST BE THREATENED BY THE ORIGINAL WIELDERS.

After all said and done, the same North will cut a deal with the president to secure their political future.

It's looking like they have already conceded 2015 to Jonathan.

What is left is 2019.

What you are seeing before your eyes is permutations between SW and the North for 2019.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Reference(m): 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

Let me tell you the truth.
APC had a good start, they would have grown to become the party of the masses.
If you have followed me before now, I was once an APC supporter.
I voted for Ribadu against GEJ and still respect him a lot.

I do not believe APC had to become what it is today just to wrestle power.

Why should I support a new party whose ONLY GOAL is to BECOME the ONLY party?

Well, Tech that's up to me and you to ensure that we are not moving from one totalitarian group to another because history tells us that the situation only gets worse because 'power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely' is a universal, non-respector of persons law.

Personally I'm not interested in the party name or candidates. They will come and go. The dynamic is the important factor. To hang your clothes there must be tension in the line with two equally suffering anchorages.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by porka: 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2013
Olysaint: Here I see a great bunch of f00ls making entreaties, these are analysis from d mind of men, they have been able to calculate wit their senses but have forgotn dt there is a God in heaven d most powerful who entrone and detrone kings... º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º who will decide whn d Grt God of Jecob who made Jonathan king over d so called emirs of north an d so call bunch of sychophants of d apc f00ls. Let's see wht will bcome of them come 2o15, I reserv d rest of my commnts untill then!

Don't get emotional man!

No one has the monopoly on God.

He is for everyone.

Once you realize that, you will tone down your emotions.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by porka: 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
rati ken: As much as this looks like a good development, I see chaos and almost anarchy at the back end. Not very sure if we have the structure to withstand the fall-outs from these developments. PDP is definitely not going down without a fight, APC is not going to allow the progress gained so far go down the drain, the NDs are waiting to bring our economy to its knees if their 'brother' gets impeached or denied 2015 presidency, PDP is definitely gonna react to the these developments in very mean and harsh ways and with all the organs at her disposal. Its just gonna get messy, unfortunately.. None of these is meant to address the dire needs of the common Nigerian. I seriously fear that the 2014/15 disintegration forecast might just be playing out before our very eyes. These are desperate moves and developments and both parties will stop at nothing. I fear for this entity called Nigeria.

You are entitled to your negative thoughts and pessimism.

At the end of the day, 2015 will come, elections would be held, winners sworn in, losers go home and re-strategize; possibly merge again and again.

Smart people will position themselves for opportunities.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by porka: 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ilaje Omuro: Where does the ordinary voter stand in all of this calculations? Nigerians have lost faith in their own power and fervently believe that success at polls is the handiwork of a president, a governor, and any political leader for that matter. I sense a disoriented and poorly educated youthful population! Too bad!

Ordinary voters are being given choices between the political gladiators coalescing into parties.

Ordinary voters will make their choice at the polls.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by taharqa: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
torkaka: 1. FACTION: is an organized group of people within a larger group.
2. INEC: can recognise only one group, meaning two groups lay claim but INEC recognises only one faction thus confirming the presence of a non recognised faction
3. for the lazy few saying the courts recognise only the Tukur led PDP thus no faction, I say "pity", a court cannot declare two factions legitimate, the fact you went to court proves they are two groups seeking for legitimacy. As a matter of fact, going to court itself is evidence that they are two factions in the party
Keep deceiving yr sef there, guy. It is allowed....
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by porka: 2:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
kbdrim:

You are also forgeting that this is the first time someone from a minority tribe is ruling Nigeria. You are also overestimating the intellectual capacity of GEJ. I dont think he commands the same respect OBJ had in 2003. remember that in 2011, none of these northern Governors(north east and north west) delivered their states to PDP. It is only worse right now especially in the north. There is no guarantee that even if GEJ accedes to their demands, he wont change his mind after 2015 and start hounding them into jail (GOV sylva comes to mind). The OBJ scenario also differs in 2003 because all the Governors were also looking for a 2nd term in Office. All the current G7 governors except kwara are in their second terms and therefore have nothing to loose. Money doesnt always sort it out as can be seen in 2007 Third term problem. This was also because most of the Governors were also serving their second terms in office and so still went ahead to mess the third term up. Lamido and Babangida Aliyu backtracking might actually be because they feels they stand a better chance of actualizing their ambitions in PDP instead of the APC. You can trust the average northerner...They would not be cowed by the use of force especially by a president from a minority tribe. There has never being a time when a sitting President has been this challenged and it hasnt gone unnoticed.

lol...

This is also the first time ever that a person from your so-called "minority tribe" vanquished a violent ideological insurgency mind you.

Goodluck Jonathan is the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, you don't want to know what that means trust me.

"That incident also gave the impression to the Southerners that we are not united. The value of a broom is to sweep. But when it is disorganised, it cannot sweep anything, and it is useless if it is not tied together. Population might is useless unless if the people decide to come together and act in unison to achieve their goal.

So if we willingly push ourselves into becoming a minority in the PDP, we would end up neither here, nor there. Because whether people like it or not, APC is a Yoruba party.

The Yoruba have foresight, in the last election, they supported Ribadu, but they honestly knew he could not win. You also knew he could not win, I knew he could not win, in fact even Ribadu knew he could not win, and because they knew he could not win, they did not even bother to vote for him.

Ribadu came to see me, because I was his father’s friend, and he told me he was going to run for election. I told him I support his decision because his coming in, would mean that all opposition elements are coming together, because as long as they are always divided, they would never achieve their aim. I said if you all come together, then the people will know that you are serious, and they would support you to form the government. How can ACN be in Yoruba land, CPC in the north and APGA in Igbo land and one of them would dislodge the PDP in 2011?

I have been in politics for over sixty one years. Even if I was just watching something for 61 years, you know very well that I would know much more than the one who began to watch two or three years ago, besides, I was actively involved." - Tanko Yakassai

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/150148-exclusive-why-dying-yaradua-was-sneaked-into-nigeria-without-jonathans-knowledge-tanko-yakasai.html
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by umole: 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
let us see how it goes . if the APC has majority in the house things might be difficult for ptesido
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by deletrue: 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
TechWalker007:

Ndu Chuks, some times you have to keep quiet and learn.

The division that must be shown is a legal evidence (recognized buy designated authorities e.g INEC) to prove that the party is divided already.

Not some rofo-rofo media stunt.
It's even funny when the media houses say APC "merged" with New PDP.
Is there a party called new PDP?
They are trying to avoid the terms "decamp" or "defect to" but they are not smart enough.
You dey mind that one? Instead of him keeping quiet and learn fast against tommorow to avoid the same blonder, he is busy show his lowest level. But bros., are you referring to the Nigerian Journalist? The ones in Punch News paper? Which media house? No make me vex. Those apc media houses? These are set of hungry food seeking human beings
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by porka: 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
Delafruita: what exactly do you mean by "the opposition parties thrived"?

He possibly meant that they (opposition parties) were given free hands to operate and even "win" elections without interference contrary to what any African leader (including the so-called dissident governors in their respective states) would do.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by muktarmtt(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
duni04: Going by how Nigeria works, next thing now is to blackmail the president into making compromises or else they'll impeach him. The dumbass won't want to b d first Nigerian president to b impeached so he'll play ball and open d treasury for them to come and chop. Wen they chop belle full, they'll sit down again and say it was only a family disagreement and Jonathan is still their man. 2015 will come and the sick people called Nigerians will still go and put their fingers beside umbrella and say they're not voting for PDP but Jonathan. The dumbass will win and rule for another 4years. Story finish
Hahaha alemour bitter is working keep dreaming mumu
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by TechWalker007: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
deletrue: You dey mind that one? Instead of him keeping quiet and learn fast against tommorow to avoid the same blonder, he is busy show his lowest level. But bros., are you referring to the Nigerian Journalist? The ones in Punch News paper? Which media house? No make me vex. Those apc media houses? These are set of hungry food seeking human beings

we know the antics of these biased media players but their propaganda must not be underestimated.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by porka: 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
Lilimax: All these decamping and merging is for one reason: THEIR PERSONAL POCKETS angry

The same set of people that have ruined this nation through corruption and wealth acquisiton
to the detriment of the common man on the street are cross -carpeting posing
as if they meant well for the nation undecided

God is watching them in 3D.

It's all about enlightened self interest.

You can step out and help clean the slate.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Christot(m): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Yes that is what we need, for this country to be more competetive politically.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
duni04:
Lol see this small pickin. Was it not after the house threatened Obj with impeachment during his first term that he flooded the house with Ghana must go bags. Nigerians have a taste for sensationalism. So ur telling me nobody in both houses can even threaten jonathan with impeachment cos of wetin? Cos its not in our constitution? Continue jonzing there

Kids, kids! Ok impeach him or threaten to.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by Ayiose(m): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
There is no political party in Nigeria that is for the Nigerian masses. There is none with the ideological leaning that can lift the average Nigerian from his pauperized state. They are all platforms for personal enrichment. PDP have proven to be clueless concerning the Nigerian situation.APC has nothing to offer Nigeria. It is a congregation of folks who could not get what they want elsewhere. Their leaders are richer than Nigeria. I only the pity the poor who run after them. God is alive. One day a David will arise against our Goliath of evil men parading themselves as our messiahs with stolen wealth and political positions. Yes one day, a Jerry Rawlings will rise up for our help. Nigeria shall be saved. Lets watch and pray.We shall see it happen.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by wexyee: 3:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
ChrisGnarly: my friends n brothers talking about inpeeching d president, i dont think is easy, infact its imposible to inpeach a siting nigerian president, if u dont know ur constitution go n know d power of a nigerian president. i lv this happening in nigerian politics dont u think that it will make politicians serious? infact we ar approachiny to d said nigerian division. any attempt to unseat d president or to shift power to d north will simply divide d country as soon as posible if u dont know dis u dont know anything. am nt a fan of mr president nor apc bt what i know is that any attempt to islamise nigeria which is d aim of apc thank God it will fulfill our aim and desire of the end to d falsfull mariage aka nigeria....
u re a fool na una they distract Nigerians.... is amaechi a Muslim? abeg talk reasonable
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by SBJoji(m): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
We shall see
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
Baff pig,change am cloth, change am name pig na still pig. APC and PDP are all make up the kakistocracy(learnt from Hon.Pat) we run in this nation!
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by deletrue: 4:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Bandit C.:

Why does this guy always sound like an I.d.i.ot.

His posts never make any sense to me. Just a collection of words that have literally no meaning.

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way whenever I come across his posts here.
You are correct. I engaged Gbawe into mid night some months past in the area of wrong usuage of words, such as using phrase as sentence, very wrong usage of punctuation marks. In fact he selects words he feels very current and use them, even though the thread makes no logical or sensitive meaning. Most times Gbawe was like mixing grammar like a brick layer mixing concrete with sharp sand to lay fundation of a building. Very stupid boy with alway very poor grammatical background.
Re: 49 House Members Decamp To APC by henryify2004(m): 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
If they like let 419 decamp to apc all i know is that GEJ for 2015 beside we dont have house members before na under bridge members we have u knw what i mean area boys and criminals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019: President Buhari Meets With Ambode Behind Closed Door / Junaid Mohammed: My First Wife Is An Igbo Woman, I Don't Hate Igbos / Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.