Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,523 members, 7,816,280 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo (51882 Views)

Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo And Others Charged Over Embezzlement / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by dotcomnamename: 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
theoctopus: Richard Akinnola II Wrote
I just confirmed from Vanguard that the letter is real and
that the woman even spoke with them last night before
production

Sorry to disappoint you guys...
grin

Seun Osewa Wrote
I just confirmed from Vanguard and shaarareporters that the letter is fake and
that the woman even spoke with them last night before production

Sorry to disappoint you guys...

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by vicade(m): 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
Na wa o
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by chi3280(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

A QC alumnus wouldn't sound as unpolished as this, let alone someone who went on to obtain a Phd! This retort (abi disclaimer) was put together in such a hurry that who ever wrote it forgot to disguise the obvious vulgarity.

That letter Iyabo wrote was articulate, astute and quite impressive.
Does that look like that was written?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
theoctopus:

You are a dundee! How do you think Newspapers publish stories? Especially this kind of stories that have serious consequences? Are you smarter than Vanguard? Obviously not.

They get an authentic copy, they call the person to confirm and verify and them they go to press. The story is available on the Vanguard site as PDF. Some of you are too childish grin

DEAR THE OCTOPUS,

I SAW THE PDF LETTER CERTIFIED BY VANGUARD NEWSPAPER,

BUT I DID NOT SEE A SIGNED PDF LETTER WRITTEN BY IYABO OBASANJO.

GO TO PREMIUM TIMES WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD OBASANJO'S LETTER TO JONATHAN.

YOU WILL SEE A SIGNATURE THERE, HENCE OBJ HAD NOT DENIED IT.

PLEASE LET US DISCUSS THIS INTELLECTUALLY AND NOT LIKE TOUTS.
OK, IT IS YOUR TURN TO BRING A BETTER ARGUMENT.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Gamji007: 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
Demdem: I have no doubt in my mind that Abati knows who drafted that letter accredited to her considering the fact that vanguard is in the payroll of the presidency.

Anyway, objs letter to Jonathan still stands and that is my primary concern not some family bullshit that is none if my business.

The foolz are just trying to divert attention, and some gullible idioots in this forum are making this a big issue.

I still ask, When will GEJ respond to OBJ's allegation?
TeamGEJ, I need an answer!

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Habakus: 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
He that comes to equity must do so with clean hands. I bet Obj was too full of himself to envisage that his infamous letter to GEJ would unearth such dirty secrets about him.His evil agenda have been bared for all to see by none other than his own very daughter.Talk about cruel twist of fate! In saner climes this man Obj should be somewhere hiding his head in deep shame for all the atrocities he committed...How about the several political assasinations that happened during his disastrous regime that no one has been brought to justice for? How about the series of constant fuel scarcity palava that were the hallmark during his tenure? How about the numerous politcal witch-hunting of perceived enemies by the EFCC and their likes during his tenure? What of the ethnic cleansing that took place at several places by the military under his watch? What of the illegal privatisations and sales of various sectors of the nation's collective wealth to himself and his cronies during his tenure? How about his bid to perpetuate himself by going for a third tenure? Not all Nigerians are dumb.we know the people causing these problems,except if we want to continue deceiving ourselves. To those who say that the letter by Iyabo to Obj was not duly signed,i ask you to show me where this her purported denial note was signed. Peace.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by vicade(m): 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Front page o
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
Olaolufred:

DEAR THE OCTOPUS,

If the goon still have any honour of some sort in him, I expect him to keep shut but knowing the fool he is, expect a very daft post.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by king94(m): 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
Olaolufred:

DEAR THE OCTOPUS,

Do you sign letters written to your father? Informal letters are hardly signed.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by simpleseyi: 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
decrox199: If that is how Ijaw people insult their father, I am a Yoruba Woman, we respect our parent in all circumstances.

Please let Ijaws respond to the above statement from Iyabo Obasanjo
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
king94: Do you sign letters written to your father? Informal letters are hardly signed.

THIS IS NOT AN INFORMAL LETTER.

IF IT WERE AN INFORMAL, IT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN WITH THE PRESS.

THANKS

Definition of an open letter:

open letter (n.)
A published letter on a subject of general interest, addressed to a person but intended for general readership.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by MAYOWAAK: 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Jonathan should answer to the allegations raised by Obasnjo.Iyabo is not the president and her letter does not represent President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's response to the issues raised.Love or hate Obasanjo we cannot deny that the issues he raised are pertinent especially sponsoring an assassination squad. Why is Mr president shying away from responding to the issues?Please my people silence means consent
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
[s]
Habakus: He that comes to equity must do so with clean hands. I bet Obj was too full of himself to envisage that his infamous letter to GEJ would unearth such dirty secrets about him.His evil agenda have been bared for all to see by none other than his own very daughter.Talk about cruel twist of fate! In saner climes this man Obj should be somewhere hiding his head in deep shame for all the atrocities he committed...How about the several political assasinations that happened during his disastrous regime that no one has been brought to justice for? How about the series of constant fuel scarcity palava that were the hallmark during his tenure? How about the numerous politcal witch-hunting of perceived enemies by the EFCC and their likes during his tenure? What of the ethnic cleansing that took place at several places by the military under his watch? What of the illegal privatisations and sales of various sectors of the nation's collective wealth to himself and his cronies during his tenure? How about his bid to perpetuate himself by going for a third tenure? Not all Nigerians are dumb.we know the people causing these problems,except if we want to continue deceiving ourselves. To those who say that the letter by Iyabo to Obj was not duly signed,i ask you to show me where this her purported denial note was signed. Peace.
[/s]

Rubbish.

So because obj had a bad presidency, we should expect the same from Jonathan right?
Why don't u tackle the issues he raised and determine if they are false or not.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by superstar1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
king94: Do you sign letters written to your father? Informal letters are hardly signed.

....and you went ahead to publish an unsigned correspondence purportedly emanating from ''daughter to father''

They will need a SAN that was trained in Oxford, Cambridge and harvard for the suit that will come their way.

Informal letters are hardly signed but you can write your qualifications -- PhD DVM while writing to your father?

7 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Reptyle(m): 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
Habakus: He that comes to equity must do so with clean hands. [b]I bet Obj was too full of himself to envisage that his infamous letter to GEJ would unearth such dirty secrets about him.[/b]His evil agenda have been bared for all to see by none other than his own very daughter.Talk about cruel twist of fate! In saner climes this man Obj should be somewhere hiding his head in deep shame for all the atrocities he committed...How about the several political assasinations that happened during his disastrous regime that no one has been brought to justice for? How about the series of constant fuel scarcity palava that were the hallmark during his tenure? How about the numerous politcal witch-hunting of perceived enemies by the EFCC and their likes during his tenure? What of the ethnic cleansing that took place at several places by the military under his watch? What of the illegal privatisations and sales of various sectors of the nation's collective wealth to himself and his cronies during his tenure? How about his bid to perpetuate himself by going for a third tenure? Not all Nigerians are dumb.we know the people causing these problems,except if we want to continue deceiving ourselves. To those who say that the letter by Iyabo to Obj was not duly signed,i ask you to show me where this her purported denial note was signed. Peace.

Perhaps you are the only one in this country that thought OBJ was a saint...I'm sure everyone else knew that the man was not perfect...now you know also; that is if you choose to believe that Iyabo actually wrote that letter to her father.

But be that as it may, it still does not negate the fact that the posers raised by OBJ in his open letter to President Jonathan are weighty enough to deserve a response.

The question now is when will the President and his lackeys do the needful

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:
A QC alumnus wouldn't sound as unpolished as this, let alone someone who went on to obtain a Phd! This retort (abi disclaimer) was put together in such a hurry that who ever wrote it forgot to disguise the obvious vulgarity.

That letter Iyabo wrote was articulate, astute and quite impressive.

Darn! I told you to start using your raggedy brain judiciously, to maximise what's in your brain cells, on Sunday. However, it's back to business as usual today. smfdh.

Can't you see what the OP wrote is a quote from a radio interview? undecided

Also, there's absolutely nothing "articulate", "astute" and "impressive" about the junk on fp. The whole write-up is disjointed and it was hurriedly written by a sycophant. And definitely not something a Ph.D holder from an Ivy league University would write.

agaba123

What's my handle doing up there? If I decide to smack you with the hand-of-god now, you would run to the complaints thread to snitch like your brother, wesley80, did on Sunday. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OsunOriginal: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
I know that letter was written and circulated by the Igbos - there is not other pathetic people in the country that can do this.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2013

In case you doubt my position,

check this link:

http://www.google.at/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDIQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2Fopen%2Bletter&ei=d46xUqCEOM2RhQeX4IHgCw&usg=AFQjCNFiAcw96V1oLF4fMwORwm4jDxX8gA
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
Reptyle:

Perhaps you are the only one in this country that thought OBJ was a saint...I'm sure everyone else knew that the man was not perfect...now you know also; that is if you choose to believe that Iyabo actually wrote that letter to her father.

??

Exactly. We all know the kind of man obj was before now. He has flaws, serious flaws and he is never a saint however he raised some serious issues that needs to be attended to nationally.

This diversion from Jonathan won't work.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Harmvirus(f): 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hm. I think vanguard should be in a better position to tell us who wrote the letter since it was given to them exclusively. Buh whoever wrote the letter deserves a Nobel Prize in Literature grin

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by mancheeutd(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2013

GOOD QUESTION BUT THE MOTIVE BEHIND THIS LETTER PUBLISHED BY VANGUARD AND NOT SENT DIRECTLY TO HER FATHER IS FOR NIGERIANS TO SEE IT AND BE THAT AS IT MAY TO AVERT ANY FORM OF CONFUSION THIS LETTER IF TRULY IS WRITTEN BY IYABO SHOULD HAVE CARRIED HER SIGNATURE EITHER FORMAL OR INFORMAL NA NAIJA WEY DEY O ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2013

Motivations for writing open letters[edit]

There are a number of reasons why an individual would choose the form of an open letter, including the following reasons:
1. As a last resort to ask the public to judge the letter's recipient or others involved, often but not always, in a critical light
2. To state the author's position on a particular issue
3. As an attempt to start or end a wider dialogue around an issue
4. As an attempt to focus broad attention on the letter's recipient, prompting them to some action
5. For humor value
6. Simply to make public a communication that must take place as a letter for reasons of formality

http://www.google.at/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FOpen_letter&ei=d46xUqCEOM2RhQeX4IHgCw&usg=AFQjCNHjqrX5DsievxCCrZPFP0WehjZMfw
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by chi3280(m): 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
Is that what you think? Smh at the level of illiteracy being displayed on this forum.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by king94(m): 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

....and you went ahead to publish an unsigned correspondence purportedly emanating from ''daughter to father''

They will need a SAN that was trained in Oxford, Cambridge and harvard for the suit that will come their way.

Informal letters are hardly signed but you can write your qualifications -- PhD DVM while writing to your father?
I don't think a newspaper would go to print witout some evidence of proof. I've not heard d 'rainbow interview' so I can't jump to conclusions. I'm not supporting any1 because I don't know wot has been done and said in private. I would never jump to the defence of politicians because d majority are thieves and don't care about d ppl shouting on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
mancheeutd:

GOOD QUESTION BUT THE MOTIVE BEHIND THIS LETTER PUBLISHED BY VANGUARD AND NOT SENT DIRECTLY TO HER FATHER IS FOR NIGERIANS TO SEE IT AND BE THAT AS IT MAY TO AVERT ANY FORM OF CONFUSION THIS LETTER IF TRULY IS WRITTEN BY IYABO SHOULD HAVE CARRIED HER SIGNATURE EITHER FORMAL OR INFORMAL NA NAIJA WEY DEY O ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Don,t bring yourself to king94 level.
I am already trying to let him learn.
He is wrong. Nothing can be otherwise.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by king94(m): 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
chi 3280: Is that what you think? Smh at the level of illiteracy being displayed on this forum.
Goodluck with d shaking of ur head.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by superstar1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
king94: I don't think a newspaper would go to print witout some evidence of proof. I've not heard d 'rainbow interview' so I can't jump to conclusions. I'm not supporting any1 because I don't know wot has been done and said in private. I would never jump to the defence of politicians because d majority are thieves and don't care about d ppl shouting on nairaland.

the only evidence supplied by Vanguard is questionable and unverifiable. That is what we are trying to tell you.

Vanguard got carried away with the euphoria of letter writing season too much, that they forgot to do their basics. That letter is not signed and it can never be tendered in court against defamation. No matter the source they got the letter from.

they are on a veryyyyy long thinggggggg.

No one is supporting OBJ or any politician. What we are seeing here is a promised lame response from GEjs camp and is not good for GEJs rep. This is a very cheap and lame blackmail and desecration of the office of the president of nigeria.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

the only evidence supplied by Vanguard his questionable and unverifiable. That is what we are trying to tell you.

Vanguard got carried away with the euphoria of letter writing season too much, that they forgot to do their basics. That letter is not signed and it can never be tendered in court against defamation. No matter the source they got the letter from.

they are on a veryyyyy long thinggggggg.

Thanks for enlightening the association on mumus.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by king94(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
Olaolufred:

Don,t bring yourself to king94 level.
I am already trying to let him learn.
He is wrong. Nothing can be otherwise.
Yeah. U have a point nd I give it to you. However, I wouldn't be so hasty to discredit d letter. Let's watch nd see how it unfolds.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 1:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
king94: Yeah. U have a point nd I give it to you. However, I wouldn't be so hasty to discredit d letter. Let's watch nd see how it unfolds.

Thanks.

If you want to wait, It is a good choice.

The mistake you made was to make that comment instead of waiting.

You can keep waiting.

But, OBJ can finish Vanguard with this if he wants to.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by king94(m): 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
Olaolufred:

Thanks.

If you want to wait, It is a good choice.

The mistake you made was to make that comment instead of waiting.

You can keep waiting.

But, OBJ can finish Vanguard with this if he wants to.
I didn't make a mistake with d comment. I simply put out wot I knw about letters from 'daughters to fathers'.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by babytoun: 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
When I read the letter , my first reaction was it is rare to find a Yoruba Woman address her father this way. Really really difficult no matter the circumstance.

But on a second thought the details in the letter are too deep for an impostor to capture in that manner. From OBj's 3rd term, to Yaradua's rumoured death in 2007.

Somehow I am thinking she wrote it in haste and some elders have talked "sense" into her hence the rebuttal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Charles Awuzie: DCP Abba Kyari Is Innocent, Was Only Manipulated By Hushpuppi / Mad Man At Lagos State Secretariat Alausa Demanding To See Ambode(photos) / Uchechi Kanu: Only Dominic Raab Can Save Nnamdi Kanu From Further Harm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.