Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo (51884 Views)

Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo And Others Charged Over Embezzlement / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
king94: I didn't make a mistake with d comment. I simply put out wot I knw about letters from 'daughters to fathers'.

Limited knowledge. I see.

You know that daughter to father's letters are informal,
But do not know that open letters are not informal.
Ok. Just study that up in Wikipedia.
Type "open letters" on your google search engine and read up wikipedia link.

Thanks for being a good friend.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by GOZILLA(m): 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Damage control.. undecided
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DonaldGenes(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hate it or love it-welcome to the murky waters of Nigerian Politics
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Pukkah: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
If Vanguard were a publicly quoted company, its value would have plummeted with this denial by Iyabo.

Nonetheless, the shareholders of Vanguard should be full of prayers as an impending libel case(s) may just wipe out the company.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Jayhyoung: 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
hmmmmm! Superstory gringringringringrin

na season story ooo
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
the fact that only vanguard has a copy of an 'open' letter is enough cause for doubt

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by emmabest2000(m): 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Afam4eva: Where's your source?
don't mind them , it is medicine after death
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by mancheeutd(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
Olaolufred:

Limited knowledge. I see.

You know that daughter to father's letters are informal,
But do not know that open letters are not informal.
Ok. Just study that up in Wikipedia.
Type "open letters" on your google search engine and read up wikipedia link.

Thanks for being a good friend.

Am not bringing myself to anybodys level neither am I supporting obasanjo we all know he's not a saint but am only trying to let king94 knows that a letter of such is no more formal it has gone beyond father to daughter letter and as such requires a signature knowing fully well that anybody can cook anything up more over I think we all have handled this conversation with respect to one another wish this could happen on all threads

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
If Iyabo Obasanjo did not write that letter, not too far from now, either Iyabo or Obasanjo himself will own vanguard. They can sue them for their last penny.
If she did, I can only imagine how she became a senator.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by babytoun: 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
^^^^^^^
What does that mean. Is Vanguard not big enough to reach the intended public if really she wrote it?

I am still watching though. things are getting interesting.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Sweetlemon(f): 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
babytoun: When I read the letter , my first reaction was it is rare to find a Yoruba Woman address her father this way. Really really difficult no matter the circumstance.

But on a second thought the details in the letter are too deep for an impostor to capture in that manner. From OBj's 3rd term, to Yaradua's rumoured death in 2007.

Somehow I am thinking she wrote it in haste and some elders have talked "sense" into her hence the rebuttal.

Maybe. It seems so.

It is better for her to quickly withdraw it than for her to go on with it. Especially after all what she gained as an Obasanjo first daughter, which is the reason why most people like myself who are not even OBJ loyalists are castigating her. you cannot bite the hands that fed you fat! mbanu!
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
mancheeutd:

Am not bringing myself to anybodys level neither am I supporting obasanjo we all know he's not a saint but am only trying to let king94 knows that a letter of such is no more formal it has gone beyond father to daughter letter and as such requires a signature knowing fully well that anybody can cook anything up more over I think we all have handled this conversation with respect to one another wish this could happen on all threads

Thanks.

You position noted.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
let vanguard tell us how they got a copy of the letter
i smell team jona - leaking fabricated documents
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by fuke(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
decrox199: "I Did Not Write Any Letter to My Father, IYABO OBASANJO Speaks Out! December18, 2013 IYABO OBASANJO (On Rainbow FM): > "I have never seen or heard this sort of fabrication in my entire life! I, IYABO OBASANJO never contemplate writing a letter to my Loving Father. I speak with him almost on daily bases. "Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo is the best father in the world. He gave birth to me, he raise me up and gave me the best of Education. I wouldn't have achieve whatever I did without my father. IN FACT, WHO AM I WOTHOUT MY FATHER? "As a father he never disappoint his children in any way, he is a father anybody wish to have. "If President Jonathan want to reply the letter my father wrote him, he should be man enough to reply direct. Why are they trying to make me a scape goat? I know my father very well and I don't question his judgement, I believe my father wrote his letter in the best intrest of the nation. If Mr. President disagree with some of the allegations in the latter, let him be man enough to talk directly to my father, he should stop involving me in an issue I know nothing about. "How can you write a letter to insult my father and claim I, the daughter is the source. If that is how Ijaw people insult their father, I am a Yoruba Woman, we respect our parent in all circumstances. "I IYABO OBASANJO did not write any letter. Nigerians should please take note. "The purported letter is a malicious lies intended to rubish the good name of my family, when I get to the source of the letter, I will waste no time to take the necessary legal actions. "I love my father and I never disrespect him."

With This GEJ is finished.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by superstar1(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
whosoever wrote the letter and gave it to Vanguard was smart enough not to append signature. Whether Iyabo or GEJs sycophants or Okupe using pen name Iyabo OBJ.

It is her/his words against Vanguard's now.

Vanguard is not covered in anyway
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by superstar1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
oyb: let vanguard tell us how they got a copy of the letter
i smell team jona - leaking fabricated documents

Julia Assange -- wikileaks grin grin grin grin
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Iykeponti(m): 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hahaha hah cheesycheesy jokers tongue source nko?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by dayo23(f): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin...... IYABO OBASANJO DID NOT WRITE THAT LETTER! IT WAS FABRICATED BY OKUPE AND ABATI.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by zhaineey(f): 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hmmmm passing by
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
shymexx:

Darn! I told you to start using your raggedy brain judiciously, to maximise what's in your brain cells, on Sunday. However, it's back to business as usual today. smfdh.

Can't you see what the OP wrote is a quote from a radio interview? undecided

Also, there's absolutely nothing "articulate", "astute" and "impressive" about the junk on fp. The whole write-up is disjointed and it was hurriedly written by a sycophant. And definitely not something a Ph.D holder from an Ivy league University would write.
. undecided

Oh, you. See the bolded, If he likes let him claim to be quoting an inauguration speech, I referred to what i saw. Anyway, since you brought it up......that thread that was deleted?

Shymexx

The nerve of you to call me names when I didn't even quote you, you accursed inbred emotional goon that thinks with emotional impulses, rather than with the brain. Someone must have smacked your head on the wall as kid, hence your ridiculously low intelligence quotient.

Summary of the last two paragraphs of your post again: because others were corrupt in the past, people have no right to question the extreme corruption that's presently about to tear the country apart. Evidently, if we use your flawed and crude logic, then no one should also question the future government(s), if it/they is/are extremely corrupt because the past justified the present and it would justify the future. Thus, leaving the country in a devilish vicious cycle of corruption. Yet, you lot want progress for the country, yes? Pray tell me, what's intelligent about that? And the fact that you were around during past corrupt regimes and you never campaigned against them shows you're even dumber than a rock.

Also, why did you bring Igbo into the discourse - is GEJ Igbo? That exemplifies your innate bigotry and victim mentality. Crying wolf over trivial reasons, even when it has absolutely nothing to do with Igbo's.

Perhaps, I can't read. How about highlight the intelligent quotable(s) in your crappy epistle? - go back and read what you wrote again and this time make sure you use your raggedy brain judiciously and maximise the intellect in your brain cells.

I await your reply.

Raggedy_Ann
I hope i didn't make you wait too long for this reply, i trust you found some useful way to occupy yourself in the mean time. It's a real shame that people like yourself insist on launching classless allegations which you could never substantiate - 'accursed inbred emotional goon'?- but that only shows how little credibility means to you and that you let yourself be led by emotion rather than reason. And yet you feel comfortable accusing someone else of the very same thing so that tells me that you're a hypocrite (it's not an insult, just an observation).

That aside, in all your astute intellectual glory, you summarized my post to mean:"because others were corrupt in the past, people have no right to question the extreme corruption that's presently about to tear the country apart". and you went on about that. Please focus now and pay attention: The people should always resist corruption and high handedness from bad government and one point is as good a place to start as any. The people ultimately have the power and can bring about change. If progress is to be made, it's the attitude of the people that needs to change which is why this is of particular interest to me. Unfortunately in Nigeria, tribalism has been fed fat and has created a rift in the people and pitted them against each other. Factions of the people are goons for hire by the same people we should collectively be checking - the people have long lost credibility as advocators for nationalism because they are partisan and tribalistic, which is why i ask: What has changed? we want to know if we are making progress. Are we now ready to stand against corruption and to stand for what's right? or are we once again allowing sentiments becloud our judgement and laying the foundations for the oppressors who are waiting at the door?. There is massive and palpable paranoia in the air, which is not unfounded, and which anyone who has the interest of the nation at heart needs to dispel. If we are ready for justice to be served on our corrupt leaders, let's do it without sentiment - spare no one that must amount to collateral damage. Otherwise we are merely asking for the baton to change hands and nothing else will change.

My post was an indictment on the attitude of the people and not endorsement/impeachment of the Government. I have no doubt in my mind that the rule of law will prevail in this administration. And if GEJ is convicted of corrupt practices, he will face the consequences.

You asked why i brought 'Igbo' into that sentence. That's because the Igbos have also not held the presidency since 1970, but I didn't imply that GEJ was Igbo. If you looked closely, you would have seen that the sentence said "Igbo or minority", wouldn't you say "minority" more aptly describes GEJ than "Igbo" does? so why the fuss? You should really learn to be more tolerant and not fly into a "blind frenzy" each time you see that word.

So tell me in all honesty (if the word 'honesty' is familiar to you), have i used my raggedy brain cells judiciously in this reply, since you didn't seem particularly impressed with that first post?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by andyanders: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
Let her appear on CNN and deny the letter.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by king94(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
I've learnt not to get moved by anytin in Nigeria. This issue will soon blow over(as others have). We, the followers, are not persistent with our demands which is why our leaders take us for granted.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by ratiken(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
GEJ recieves tons of letters and mails daily. We did not vote him in to reply to letters. We voted him in to deliver on his promises and on that WE ALL should hold him accountable for. All he has to do is keep quiet and this shall be history in few weeks but that has not addressed the fundamental issues

Hoewever, we all as Nigerians need to speak up.. not through OBJ or Iyabo or Lai Mohammed or Abati. GEJ can only provide a political response to OBJ if he chooses to because its all politics. There are no permanent enemies in politics especially in Nigeria and all these warring factions could gain alignment on their interests at our detriment in the near term. Nigerian masses are at the recieving end of these tussles yet we comfortably align ourselves on the ethnic and religious lines created by these politicians to keep us divided and unable to speak up against them. We are grossly blinded to these antics and its quite shameful.

Nigeria is headed towards a dead end before our very eyes. Unfortunately, we all here playing politics while we cannot make any near-accurate prediction of what could become of us come 2015. This is the time Labour & trade unions should be gearing for a massive showdown with the government to get the government accountable. We do not need a letter from OBJ to do that; an OBJ letter intoduces politics into it and will stir ethnic sentiments. Pengassan/TUC/NLC should be threatning for a strike aimed at getting both past and present leaders accountable.

A political solution cannot remedy Nigeria anymore. If we continue to gallivant till chaos meets us in 2015, posterity shall hold us accountable. Unfortunately, the so called leaders will be first to escape to other climes where their loots are preserved while we kill ourselves here.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by ibrokola(m): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
wingman: Rubbish! If she didnt write the letter then she should sue Vanguard immediately. Who else will have such details about her family right from childhood. She wrote the letter, guys live with it.

If you read the purported letter, you will realise that there was a part where She said Moji Obasanjo had written a book earlier! I guess that must have been the source! angry
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
Do Jonathan and his crew think think this is funny? Is it funny? Answer grievous allegations and you are concocting some rambling father-daughter elektra complex shi,t. Na God go punish dis man o.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by tpia5: 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
the details in the letter are too deep for an impostor to capture in that manner.

not really.

data mining would provide most of that info, its not so hard if you're under surveillance. Its called information gathering.

just saying.

what she needs to do if she did not write the letter, is renounce it in public, like on tv or something.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
seunmsg: Am not a fan of Obasanjo and his politics but my immediate reaction to the letter purportedly written by Iyabo to Obj was caution. Something keeps telling me Iyabo did not write that letter. No sane daughter will write such a letter to her father, especially one who is as popular and powerful as OBJ. No matter the disagreement, a YORUBA lady will never insult her father publicly like that.

If we look at the letter well, I think the presidency is behind it. How come no other media outlet except Vanguard published the letter? Infact, the style of that letter looks like something written by Abati. Iyabo should immediatelly institute a legal action against Vanguard newspaper.

You better stick to what you know and stop saying nonsense that you cant prove.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by ericgold(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Omo na letter writing dy reign now ohhh...thumbs up to obj for using style to rekindle letter writing as a more preferencial means of hitting d mace on the head to pple that seems to ignore us.....iyabo dt I knw personally can't fit talk like dt....idonblivit
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by BabaOlowo: 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hurray, I know the writer, his name is REUBEN ABATI!!!!!!
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Artnass(m): 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
Abeg, who is decieving who
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by rahjan: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
Obasanjo and his cronies are hell bent on painting GEJ in a bad light. I wont be surprised if obasanjo himself orchestrated this letter from iyabo and its denial. Knowing fully well that accusing fingers will be pointed at the presidency. The man is a strategist, dont put it past him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Charles Awuzie: DCP Abba Kyari Is Innocent, Was Only Manipulated By Hushpuppi / Mad Man At Lagos State Secretariat Alausa Demanding To See Ambode(photos) / Uchechi Kanu: Only Dominic Raab Can Save Nnamdi Kanu From Further Harm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.