Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad (37995 Views)

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / Iyabo Obasanjo, Why I Gave Up On My Dad / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by akpomeme(m): 6:51am On Dec 19, 2013
steve_cantrell: A lot of people are calling this fake letter a low point for GEJ and his propaganda boys but I believe its a huge SUCCESS.

Just one useless letter has changed the entire discourse of the days preceding it. No one is talking about missing $50 billion or assasins-in-training anymore.

The diversionary tactic has worked !
Sanusi admitted in the National Assembly that his letter has no bearing to how much nnpc owes... He agreed that what is owed is about $10billion usd. Only yesterday! This opposition people eh!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by akpomeme(m): 6:52am On Dec 19, 2013
cramjones: I know the Obasanjo family very well..and a personal friend to Iyabo...I a number of personal things she allegedly said are true (not all). However, I don't think she wrote them, someone that knows some of these details may have fabricated it. Iyabo is a well trained Yoruba woman and the last thing she will do is to ridicule her father in public.
Shut up. Did you not read this follow up publication and her assertion that this letter is from her... Ta!

11 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Iykopee(m): 6:55am On Dec 19, 2013
ceo4eva: Chief Obasanjo: You are a bloody
idiots, you have published the paper
and you are now looking for me, you
are an idiots,

Damn cant believe this is coming from an ex president of Nigeria. I had thought he wud react postively when vanguard approched him only to see the animal xter in him through his responses.. Well, like iyabo said, he's a wife basher and child molester... grumpy old man

15 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by khamas19: 7:00am On Dec 19, 2013
...is this journalism... title of the thread is so misleading....

well..this does not change the fact that Jonathan is finished...

keep shooting urselfs in the foot...
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Princess2be(f): 7:01am On Dec 19, 2013
ceo4eva: To be Honest, I doubt Vanguard can publish such a letter against OBJ if it's not true. Considering the background of Vanguard (South West) Newspaper and the courageous way they have continued to defend this story, It's likely to be TRUE. We all know OBJ is NOT a Saint, even though APC remains supportive of him. There are some contents in the letter that need to be addressed especially Corruption, but don't forget GEJ is/was a product of OBJ. I guess he's annoyed because he no longer controls and dictate to GEJ. GEJ on his own part has refused to respond, thereby further annoying OBJ. Why is OBJ ranting over his daughter's 12-page letter when he wrote an 18-page letter to GEJ?
Kudos 2 u. This is one of the best unbiased posts I've seen on Nairaland in recent times. I like the way u analysed without sentiments.

9 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by tomakint: 7:06am On Dec 19, 2013
I thought some he-goats said this old man (Obj) is untouchable undecided now see how God is working for Jonathan without replying the Ebora of Owu just like that! I love this December movie titled 'A Letter To My Father' grin Iyabo keep more coming! Truly, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the real UNTOUCHABLE cool

17 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by mancheeutd(m): 7:08am On Dec 19, 2013
gratiaeo:
The rainbow FM saga was fabricated by ffk. Yoruba tribe are very good in fabricating news remind me of 183 Osun touts held in Imo state

if rainbow fm fabricated a story concerning this saga which you have no proof but only read in paper or on an online forum which one is the Yoruba tribe are good fabricating stories will it be right to say All ibo are kidnappers stop generalizing what you have no proof of

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by chi3280(m): 7:10am On Dec 19, 2013
Well who cares? The story is already getting boring. Its their personal affair and their problem. I have my own problems with my daughter to deal with. Let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by bashir(m): 7:15am On Dec 19, 2013
Still don't get whats the big deal in this letter.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by eaglechild: 7:21am On Dec 19, 2013
Iykopee:

Damn cant believe this is coming from an ex president of Nigeria. I had thought he wud react postively when vanguard approched him only to see the animal xter in him through his responses.. Well, like iyabo said, he's a wife basher and child molester... grumpy old man
You better believe, he is known to be raised from a culturally uncouth background.
He has said worse things as president.
He threatened to slap a journalist on live TV,
Hushed an innocent child to tears for not addressing him as Mr president, etc.
This is not a surprise at all.

10 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 19, 2013
Lol! You remember him on national television during a presidential chat saying that, "eedris abdkareem, that boy that sang nigeria jaga jaga, na him papa and mama jaga jaga".

Thats obj for you.
eaglechild:
You better believe, he is known to be raised from a culturally uncouth background.
He has said worse things as president.
He threatened to slap a journalist on live TV,
Hushed an innocent child to tears for not addressing him as Mr president, etc.
This is not a surprise at all.

7 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by talktimi(m): 7:34am On Dec 19, 2013
Getting more and more interesting but i dont know why i still doubt her writing that letter sha
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by theoctopus: 7:44am On Dec 19, 2013
talktimi: Getting more and more interesting but i dont know why i still doubt her writing that letter sha

Still doubting after 48 hours? Your name go change to Thomas oh. Lol.

12 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by chi3280(m): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2013
So many hypocrites on this thread. Accusing Obasanjo of being uncouth but you're worse than him. He's human just like everyone and has his own flaws.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by theoctopus: 7:48am On Dec 19, 2013
chi 3280: So many hypocrites on this thread. Accusing Obasanjo of being uncouth but you're worse than him. He's human just like everyone and has his own flaws.

He is a major contributor to the spoiling of Nigeria. He should never speak in public. He is disgusting

8 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by talktimi(m): 7:49am On Dec 19, 2013
theoctopus:

Still doubting after 48 hours? Your name go change to Thomas oh. Lol.
abeg no blame me, the social standing and calibre of the personalities involved esp Iyabo makes this so shocking to me. Vanguard has even promised more revelations
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by JECBOSS: 8:10am On Dec 19, 2013
***Following***

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by israel007: 8:13am On Dec 19, 2013
The man has been hit

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Acidosis(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2013
The friend also disclosed that Ms. Obasanjo had virtually stopped taking calls on her cell phone, except from members of a small inner circle. Part of her plan was to thwart relatives and friends of her father who had been sent on a mission to convince her to dissociate herself from the content of the explosive letter in order to save her father’s image.

Our source revealed that the former senator’s cell phone rang incessantly all day yesterday, but was hardly answered. Our correspondent ascertained that Ms. Obasanjo’s voice message box was full, making it impossible for callers to leave her any messages.

Since the letter was published yesterday, several blogs have claimed that Ms. Obasanjo had denied writing it, an assertion that SaharaReporters determined to be completely false.

www.mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/iyabo-obasanjo-refuses-deny-authorship-letter-her-father

grin grin

OBJ is finished grin

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by theoctopus: 8:14am On Dec 19, 2013
talktimi: abeg no blame me, the social standing and calibre of the personalities involved esp Iyabo makes this so shocking to me. Vanguard has even promised more revelations

When all the criminal forces that destroyed Nigeria come together to take power back, then you know God is orchestrating something big for Nigeria. God will ambush them for us and finally nail them. The APC is becoming the old pdp. All the evil characters in the PDP have gradually moved to the apc. GEJ is leading the rebirth of PDP.

24 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ceo4eva: 8:15am On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by strangest(m): 8:17am On Dec 19, 2013
cramjones: I know the Obasanjo family very well..and a personal friend to Iyabo...I a number of personal things she allegedly said are true (not all). However, I don't think she wrote them, someone that knows some of these details may have fabricated it. Iyabo is a well trained Yoruba woman and the last thing she will do is to ridicule her father in public.
even next door neighbours to suicide bombers always say the same

14 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by fiizznation: 8:18am On Dec 19, 2013
theoctopus:

He is a major contributor to the spoiling of Nigeria. He should never speak in public. He is disgusting
u dis guy, u hav being trolling urself abt d obasanjos issue since yesterday. Wah affiliation do u hav with them!!! Sum pple r ready sick• U take joy in anoda man's problems• Even if she really wrote dat letter, it won't change d issues raise by obj•

Nigerians r jst funny, sum1 brought some. Serious allegations abt ur government. Instead of u folks to luk into these allegations and find out d truth abt it, NO u won't do that•
U prefer making a fool of urselves with a mere letter which is all abt family issues.
Family issues and national issues r two different things

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ebamma(m): 8:32am On Dec 19, 2013
Who is fooling who here mrs iyabo?,
After using your father's influence and power to become a commissioner, minister and a senator and stealing enough money to last u and your kids a lifetime, its 2013 you realised that u so much hated him, as the lord's chosen church guys will say #am a chosen i cannot be deceived

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by onyengbu: 8:34am On Dec 19, 2013
fiizznation: u dis guy, u hav being trolling urself abt d obasanjos issue since yesterday. Wah affiliation do u hav with them!!! Sum pple r ready sick• U take joy in anoda man's problems• Even if she really wrote dat letter, it won't change d issues raise by obj•

Nigerians r jst funny, sum1 brought some. Serious allegations abt ur government. Instead of u folks to luk into these allegations and find out d truth abt it, NO u won't do that•
U prefer making a fool of urselves with a mere letter which is all abt family issues.
people choose what to believe. Its not by force. Just like you believed objs allegations against gej, many choose to believe iyabo's. How come that bother you?

7 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ShineIt: 8:34am On Dec 19, 2013
fiizznation: u dis guy, u hav being trolling urself abt d obasanjos issue since yesterday. Wah affiliation do u hav with them!!! Sum pple r ready sick• U take joy in anoda man's problems• Even if she really wrote dat letter, it won't change d issues raise by obj•

Stop making yourself look a re.tard even if you're king re.tard the great. Read your post to yourself and tell me if it makes sense.

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ceo4eva: 8:37am On Dec 19, 2013
CONFIRMED
More Details...

Following the hoopla over her letter,Iyabo spoke severally to
Vanguard, yesterday. Asked to
respond to claims that she had
denied the authorship of the letter
written to her father, Iyabo, who holds a doctorate in epidemology and now resident in the United States, said:
“No, no, no, that is not true. How can you live by social media? That is part of the problem with Nigeria, people want to be flying rumours. I have not told anybody o! It is early morning here and I just woke up and if I were you I would just ignore them,”
Senator Obasanjo said.
“People are calling me and telling me that they called Baba but if I say I am not talking to someone (her father), how can you say you called the person and the person will tell you what is on my mind?” she asked
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/gave-dad-iyabo-obasanjo/
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by gratiaeo(m): 8:40am On Dec 19, 2013
chi 3280: Well who cares? The story is already getting boring. Its their personal affair and their problem. I have my own problems with my daughter to deal with. Let sleeping dogs lie.
You have your own problem with your daughter? So this has become genetic problem in the west?

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by fiizznation: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2013
Shine It:

Stop making yourself look a re.tard even if you're king re.tard the great. Read your post to yourself and tell me if it makes sense.
my post ll never make any sense to a fiend like u• And cyber-tyke, dnt quote me nxt time in oda to avoid cyber-indoctrination which u ll receive if u do dat• Thank u
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by philantox: 8:44am On Dec 19, 2013
seems the sins of Obasanjo's household is catching up fastseems the sins of Obasanjo's household is catching up fastseems the sins of Obasanjo's household is catching up fast
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Chigold101(m): 8:51am On Dec 19, 2013
Well i think this drama is not goin to end soon. OBJ is the greatest of all Nigeria‘s problem. GEJ stoped dancing OBJ‘s music thats why he ranted against him. He now call Vanguard agents ‘idiots‘ funny man.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Sagytarius(m): 8:53am On Dec 19, 2013
Afenifere Bigwig? shocked I thought Bigwig is just a moniker on Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Godswill Akpabio In A London Hotel / Sabo Mohammed-Nakudu Withdraws Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / Coronavirus: Obiano Asks Buhari To Give Him N1 Billion To Fight COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.