Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad (37992 Views)

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / Iyabo Obasanjo, Why I Gave Up On My Dad / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Evalsam1(m): 11:54am On Dec 21, 2013
@cramjones,

y r u still not sure when IYABO has acknowledged the fact that she wrote d letter?

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by deletrue: 11:54am On Dec 21, 2013
steve_cantrell: A lot of people are calling this fake letter a low point for GEJ and his propaganda boys but I believe its a huge SUCCESS.

Just one useless letter has changed the entire discourse of the days preceding it. No one is talking about missing $50 billion or assasins-in-training anymore.

The diversionary tactic has worked !
Some of you think we are as yeye and directionless as you are. Look, if not for my age, I would have sworn that God should punish you completely today. Are you happy the way Nigeria is? Can you point any individual who Obasanjo is friendly with among his followers after he left power? You dembest. Have you not been told about that money? All the explainations offered by analysts and NNPC management that it is likely that there is misunderstanding and miscalculation as to how NNPC money is channelled or appropriated, and that the money may not be stolen.
Are you happy with the role Obasanjo is playing when this old man is ever ready to turn this country to himself alone no matter the negative effects that will befall other Nigerians? Be very careful.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
cramjones: I know the Obasanjo family very well..and a personal friend to Iyabo...I a number of personal things she allegedly said are true (not all). However, I don't think she wrote them, someone that knows some of these details may have fabricated it.Iyabo is a well trained Yoruba woman and the last thing she will do is to ridicule her father in public.
[/b]HEARD THAT YOUR NAME IS [b]MUMUNI

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Reference(m): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Seun: When Nigerian journalists want to make you look bad, they may add grammatical errors to your quotes. They've done it to me before.

What did you do.... to/against them.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Layolaw(f): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
no matter what, to me iyabo is orginal omo ale
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by chelseaguy: 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
People who say the letter is personal are small minded. Or perhaps didn't read the letter. Obasanjo is an ex president and not a road side mechanic!

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by deletrue: 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
ebamma: i hate ingrates in my life, no matter what your father did to u and your mother in your childhood days, atleast he tried making up for it by using his influence and power to make u a commissioner, minister and senator, if u so much hated your dad, atleast u could have declined or rejected this appointments and entered the job market and got a day job with your degree,
All i see in u is a daughter who is as power hungry as her dad, that letter of your's is more political than personal, but remember that, u also have kids, in future, they may choose like u to write an open letter about their mum. #karma
According to someone, you are indeed senseless. unless this madam bahaves like this her dad, she will never experience karma.
Please, put tribe aside and carefully study this Obasanjo and observe who this man is.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Dewze(m): 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
I don't see why people here are trying to ,ake this thing a Yoruba issue. This has nothing to do with the Yorubas. There are thousands of Yoruba men out there that are well principled and will never do all these things OBJ is being accused of. This simply has to do with the personal character of a single individual.
Some here are even saying Iyabo could not have written tht letter simply because she is a Yoruba woman. Guy you need to be in Iyabo's shoes since the day she was born to this day to b a judge at that. Being a Yoruba woman is the least yard-stick u should employ to judge this.

N.B. I used to doubt the saying that God fights for the weak. But this GEJ matter get as e be o! With all the heat they have given this man right from the day he stepped into office, the guy is still ridding.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by curtain: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
Even if Iyabo composed her words in a best-selling music, the APC e-rats would remain deluded in their propaganda that the music was in tonto Dikeh's voice not hers.......... The truth remains that Iyabo above all loves her fathers soul to be saved and would go any length in helping him confess some of his sins before he dies, unlike the e-devils here that want OBJ to remain unrepentant.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by akonucheinfo(m): 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
cramjones: I know the Obasanjo family very well..and a personal friend to Iyabo...I a number of personal things she allegedly said are true (not all). However, I don't think she wrote them, someone that knows some of these details may have fabricated it. Iyabo is a well trained Yoruba woman and the last thing she will do is to ridicule her father in public.

You ɑ̤̥̈̊я̩̥̊є̲̣̥ still sleeping, wake up

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by barcaboi(m): 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
gratiaeo:
The rainbow FM saga was fabricated by ffk. Yoruba tribe are very good in fabricating news remind me of 183 Osun touts held in Imo state
U re a fool!!...do u have to be tribalistic to prove ur point?.....asshole.....f**k uu!!!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by strongboi(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
Am watching o. But I still find it so difficult to believe that Iyabo is the author of the letter.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by true2god: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
Seun: When Nigerian journalists want to make you look bad, they may add grammatical errors to your quotes. They've done it to me before.
I am happy to quote our 'don jazzy'. I equally appluade nairaland moderators for not hidding pple's opinions\post at this period.

Nairaland is improving.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Philistine(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
Shine It: Iyabo should be the woman of the year in saner climate. She should be applauded.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by IYANGBALI: 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
true2god: I am happy to quote our 'don jazzy'. I equally appluade nairaland moderators for not hidding pple's opinions\post at this period.

Nairaland is improving.
its our xmas/new year bonus from seun
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by true2god: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
Layolaw: no matter what, to me iyabo is orginal omo ale
No, she is a photocopy of her father, she is not a bastard. Are you blind to see?

So her saying the truth has made her become a bastard? Na wa for you ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by topygel: 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
I'm very sure that Ojukwu knows that Iyabo was not the author of this letter.
***no controvercy***
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by topygel: 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
barcaboi:
U re a fool!!...do u have to be tribalistic to prove ur point?.....asshole.....f**k uu!!!
must you abuse before you drive home your point? Mtwwww!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by eeeeeee: 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
gratiaeo:
You have your own problem with your daughter? So this has become genetic problem in the west?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
true2god: No, she is a photocopy of her father, she is not a bastard. Are you blind to see?

So her saying the truth has made her become a bastard? Na wa for you ooo.

I agree she is a photocopy of her father, but unfortunately she's also guilty. She was a commissioner for four years, was a government contractor during this period, also a Senator for another four years. Why didn't she complain during these period? What Iyabo has said is a known fact to everyone, the question is what does she stand to gain from all these? The answer to this question will be out soon, then you will realise there's no difference between Iyabo and her dad.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
cramjones: I know the Obasanjo family very well..and a personal friend to Iyabo...I a number of personal things she allegedly said are true (not all). However, I don't think she wrote them, someone that knows some of these details may have fabricated it. Iyabo is a well trained Yoruba woman and the last thing she will do is to ridicule her father in public.

Mumu. Ur mumu no get limit.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by eeeeeee: 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
Princess2be: Finally, Seun has shown his Neutrality by pushing this thread to front page. Well done Sir!
After how many days, did you notice how some other news about unclad people flew from first post to front page with lightening speed.
Don't bother patronising him, it is the mods that deal with such issues.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by callmenow: 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
There are inevitably winners and losers in this unedifying slanging match. The undisputed winner is Hon. Iyabo Obasanjo Bello. Other winners include the beleaguered Nigerian Government and the Nigerian people (including Obasanjo's children, mistresses and wives). The undisputed loser is His Excellency, Segun Obasanjo. Other losers include his confidantes, acolytes, cohorts and the APC. After the demise of her father, Iyabo and her siblings can emerge with their head held high, without all the baggage's that is derived from their father. I have always thought that the big house (estimated value: 1 Billion naira) she lived in Abuja belonged to her, but she has emphatically proved me wrong. My other assumptions about her has also proved wrong. The Nigeria government will enjoy a respite from a morally discredited and flawed man. Obasanjo will no longer influence the next election as everybody thought. Where are the likes of Fani-Kayode? I have not seen him at his usual eating place in Abuja in the past few days. My guy has informed me that he was seen in Abeokuta in the last 48 hours. Is he meeting his oga to plan damage limitation? His non-solicited views has not been aired at the time of my writing. There are now two period in our national life: Before Iyabo's Open Letter (BIOL) and After Iyabo's Open Letter (AIOL). The teflon Obasanjo is now over. It is now open season for those aggrieved to come out and have a go at last. For AIOL means that Jonathan can now man-handle him and his people with impunity. The bell tolls .....

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by folahann(m): 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Does this make Jonathan a better president?

My friends, don't be distracted from more pressing issues about the nation.

Thank God we've gotten rid of Obasanjo from the presidency, now let's face the current problems we have at hand.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by judyeze1: 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
curtain: pheeeww!! finally!....... Thank heaven this managed to make front page on this APC-controlled nairaland. Thanks to the op for seeing tru the manipulations of those e-rats.
[b

MUKI how market my Gunner friend grin grin grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by callmenow: 2:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
It is very important to acknowledge that Jonathan has been looking over his shoulder throughout his presidency. Why should that be the case? He has been reeling from one Obasanjo fabricated crisis to another. When OBJ is fatigued from his intrigues, his godsons such as fannny kayode will take up the cudgels. If you read other threads in this forum, you can see that Nigeria is emerging from Darkness, according to independent economics and business analysts, yet all we hear in the media is that this 'founding father' of PDP is upset, therefore Nigeria is doomed. It is as if Nigeria is their patrimony. Good Riddance to OBJ and his fannies.

folahann: Does this make Jonathan a better president?

My friends, don't be distracted from more pressing issues about the nation.

Thank God we've gotten rid of Obasanjo from the presidency, now let's face the current problems we have at hand.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by stevecantrell: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
deletrue: Some of you think we are as yeye and directionless as you are. Look, if not for my age, I would have sworn that God should punish you completely today. Are you happy the way Nigeria is? Can you point any individual who Obasanjo is friendly with among his followers after he left power? You dembest. Have you not been told about that money? All the explainations offered by analysts and NNPC management that it is likely that there is misunderstanding and miscalculation as to how NNPC money is channelled or appropriated, and that the money may not be stolen.
Are you happy with the role Obasanjo is playing when this old man is ever ready to turn this country to himself alone no matter the negative effects that will befall other Nigerians? Be very careful.

STOOGE !
After going thru your posts, its clear your were never trained to speak respectfully to anyone, a century ago, as a child, old man.
In summary...

GO AND DIE !!!

10 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by JaaizTech: 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2013
Why is it that we see truth staring us in the face and yet we choose to disbelieve it. Iyabo Obasanjo is not dead, it would only have taken her minutes to refute the story, if she didn't write it. She could easily have given a live interview denying the story but she isn't. I have no doubts in my mind that she wrote it.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by lollarj(f): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
deletrue: Some of you think we are as yeye and directionless as you are. Look, if not for my age, I would have sworn that God should punish you completely today. Are you happy the way Nigeria is? Can you point any individual who Obasanjo is friendly with among his followers after he left power? You dembest. Have you not been told about that money? All the explainations offered by analysts and NNPC management that it is likely that there is misunderstanding and miscalculation as to how NNPC money is channelled or appropriated, and that the money may not be stolen.

Your frustrations are misdirected, totally. Even if you have a bias you can put your point across without sounding like an emotionally stunted, immature prat.

8 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by folahann(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
I have read a lot of posts on this thread and I have seen a lot of people mention APC. Some called the thread an Anti-APC thread. Someone even mentioned APC as a loser because of this letter.

Can someone please analyse how a fall-out between PDP big guns take become APC issue and how it works against them.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by tiwasiaife(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Gej has never lost a battle. He is like David. Surely they must gather in Apc but God will surely fight 4 gej. This man has never shed a blood upon all the power he has a president. Why iyabo was able to muster courage to write this was cos she lives were integrity counts and has been thought that gud name is better than wealth. Happy are the peace makers 4 they shall knw peace.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu and Shettima Meet NANS On ASUU Strike, To Meet ASUU / APC Leaders Shun Fashola’s Book Presentation In Lagos / Buhari Meets 21 Released Chibok Girls In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.