Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad (37994 Views)

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / Iyabo Obasanjo, Why I Gave Up On My Dad / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by AdlatWorld(m): 10:43am On Dec 21, 2013
The saga just begin....
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by curtain: 10:44am On Dec 21, 2013
pheeeww!! finally!....... Thank heaven this managed to make front page on this APC-controlled nairaland. Thanks to the op for seeing tru the manipulations of those e-rats.

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by 49cents(m): 10:46am On Dec 21, 2013
cramjones: I know the Obasanjo family very well..and a personal friend to Iyabo...I a number of personal things she allegedly said are true (not all). However, I don't think she wrote them, someone that knows some of these details may have fabricated it. Iyabo is a well trained Yoruba woman and the last thing she will do is to ridicule her father in public.

Mister Man are you okay?

Iyabo wrote an Open letter to her Dad and a reputable Media house like Vanguard publishes it and stands by it and You still say all your saying?

Wake up and smell the coffee!!!

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 21, 2013
cramjones: I know the Obasanjo family very well..and a personal friend to Iyabo...I a number of personal things she allegedly said are true (not all). However, I don't think she wrote them, someone that knows some of these details may have fabricated it. Iyabo is a well trained Yoruba woman and the last thing she will do is to ridicule her father in public.

Ffk ode

8 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Princess2be(f): 10:48am On Dec 21, 2013
Finally, Seun has shown his Neutrality by pushing this thread to front page. Well done Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by busterr(m): 10:49am On Dec 21, 2013
[quote
Vanguard: Sir, we tried reaching you all through yesterday, to no avail, over the letter written by your daughter, Iyabo, to you.

Chief Obasanjo: You are a bloody idiots, you have published the paper and you are now looking for me, you are an idiots, don’t call me again. When Iyabo finishes you in court ... (hangs up).
[/quote]

how can obj blow such terrible grammer?? Is he really the one who wrote that 18 page letter?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Seun(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2013
busterr: how can obj blow such terrible grammer?? Is he really the one who wrote that 18 page letter?
When Nigerian journalists want to make you look bad, they may add grammatical errors to your quotes. They've done it to me before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Princess2be(f): 10:56am On Dec 21, 2013
Seun: When Nigerian journalists want to make you look bad, they may add grammatical errors to your quotes. They've done it to me before.
lol
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by IYANGBALI: 11:03am On Dec 21, 2013
Princess2be: At OP, More Updates! I'm following With Keen Interest.
see you,instead of you to follow me home for me to show you my new boxer pants,you are following this yeye story
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by tintingz(m): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2013
Iyabo Obasanjo’s purported letter to her father stirs controversy

Controversy on Wednesday surrounded a letter purportedly written by Senator Iyabo Obasanjo to her father, former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

A national newspaper (not The PUNCH) had on Wednesday published the letter. In the letter, Iyabo allegedly denounced Obasanjo as a self-seeking man lacking in all key expectations of a father and a leader, but often appearing quick to accuse others of the same ills.

Iyabo also allegedly commented on a letter written by her father to President Goodluck Jonathan. Obasanjo had in an 18-page letter to Jonathan accused him, among other things, of not honouring his words and taking actions calculated at destroying Nigeria.

The letter dated December 2, 2013 and titled, “Before it is too late” became public knowledge on December 11. Obasanjo had accused the President of pursuing “selfish personal and political interests based on advice from his “self- centered aides.”

But Iyabo, in her purported letter said her father was accusing someone else of what he practised while in power.

When one of our correspondents called her telephone number in the United States, it rang until it went into voice mail. A recorded voice on the answering machine said, “This is Iyabo, thank you for calling. Please leave a message after the bleep.”

In response, the voice recorder said “The mail box is full you cannot leave a message at this time.”

But a close aide to Obasanjo and a former Peoples Democratic Party deputy governorship candidate, Mr. Tunde Oladunjoye, in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, described the letter as fake. Oladunjoye said the letter never existed.

He said, “I can say here authoritatively that the so-called letter from Senator Iyabo Obasanjo to her dad, never existed. It is a forgery and it should be ignored.”

A former Minister of Aviation during Obasanjo’s regime who is also close to the former president, Chief Femi Fani- Kayode, asked Nigerians not to be carried away by the alleged letter.

The former minister said that he was not in the position to say whether the letter was real or that it was forged. He, however, urged Nigerians to ask Jonathan to address the issues raised by Obasanjo in his letter instead of using Iyabo’s alleged letter to divert attention.

He said, “The issues that are important to reasonable Nigerians are the issues raised by former President Obasanjo in his letter to the President. He should sit down and address them in details.

“We should not argue over whether Iyabo wrote any letter or not. I’m not sure whether she wrote the letter or not, but we must also know that Iyabo’s alleged letter was not a response to the letter written by Obasanjo to Jonathan. “We should not be distracted.

President Jonathan should sit down and provide answers to the issues raised by the former President and should not use any gimmick to distract us.” He added that in any case, the issues raised in the alleged letter by Iyabo, which he said had yet to be proved to either be correct or wrong, dealt with family matters.

When contacted, a former media aide to Iyabo, Mr. Bidemi Osunbiyi, told one of our correspondents that the former lawmaker could not have written such a letter. She said, “Iyabo didn’t write such a letter. How can somebody write such a letter? I know she is very close to Baba (Obasanjo). There is no cause for her to write such a letter.”

It was gathered that Obasanjo, who travelled out of the country, was informed about the letter by a family member through the telephone on Wednesday.

According to a source, the former President got across to his daughter, who was said to have denied writing such a letter. The source said, “Baba on learning about the content of the letter, phoned Iyabo, who denied writing it.”
www.punchng.com/news/iyabo-obasanjos-purported-letter-to-her-father-stirs-controversy/

This is getting interesting smiley grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by GovWahala: 11:05am On Dec 21, 2013
I believe it was this obasanjo's family the scientist saw and decide to say we originated from apes.
Damn! too ugly.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by bijelee(m): 11:10am On Dec 21, 2013
All sources still vanguard. They published the letter, claimed to have spoken to OBJ, also spoken to Iyabo. Atimes when you tell a lie you need 10 more to cover up the first one. Whats the bickering about a letter between family members whether Its genuine or not? How is it gonna better Nigeria and move the nation forward. Tell me something else.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by tintingz(m): 11:13am On Dec 21, 2013
"President Jonathan should sit down and provide answers to the issues raised by the former President and should not use any gimmick to distract us."

LOL, Mr president you never answer OBJ na cheesy grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2013
ceo4eva: .......GEJ on his own part has refused to respond, thereby further annoying OBJ. ...

GEJ is using Google Adwords to reply OBJ or are you not seeing those Google ads?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by 50calibre(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2013

Yes because yoruba ladies are saints, they never chide their fathers for being horrible, Delusional man!! You seem to be living away from reality, no wonder you keep hallucinating about Bianca.

@ the topic, the letter contained too many personal accounts that could only come from an Obasanjo or a close associate.

It looked too personal to be fabricated, & I'm sure OBJ must have established it's veracity after reading it.

My doubt of the letter was from the fact I've always seen iyabo as being on the same boat with her father.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 21, 2013

2 Chronicles 20:17

You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.'

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by thiefnubu(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2013
fiizznation: u dis guy, u hav being trolling urself abt d obasanjos issue since yesterday. Wah affiliation do u hav with them!!! Sum pple r ready sick• U take joy in anoda man's problems• Even if she really wrote dat letter, it won't change d issues raise by obj•

Nigerians r jst funny, sum1 brought some. Serious allegations abt ur government. Instead of u folks to luk into these allegations and find out d truth abt it, NO u won't do that•
U prefer making a fool of urselves with a mere letter which is all abt family issues.
Family issues and national issues r two different things
have u ever read the bible verse which talks about removing the plank in your own eye b4 pointing out and removing the speck of dust in your neighbor's eye?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by nationwide1(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2013
eye4eye: Lie from pit of hell. I forsee vanguard going out of business for their stupidity.
Lie because it does not rain abuse on GEJ? You better learn to live with truth as it does not always soothe.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by patriotic007: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2013
Please no one should just come here to say She has been promised position or contract by GEJ because am sure GEJ has never met her before,......Dont also come here to say its a family issue because the lifestyle of a man who rules Nigeria for 11yrs of its post independence matter alot to where Nigeria will be at present,....The damage OBJ and his fellow born to rule cronies will take GEJ at least 8yrs to fix to a reasonable level,...ITS BITTER BUT ITS THE TRUTH,....UP GEJ

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2013
Dey dia. We are in the era of letter writing. It has come back. After now. Love letter go come back too. Get set to read a leaked GEJ's love letter to Alison Diesani Maduekwe or Aruma Oteh
emmaliveth10: Letter letter everywhere!this is getting interesting by the day!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Psychedelia(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Joke of the west: no yoruba child will kick her father on the head. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ummm... But Obasanjo is not her "father". He's just a guy whose sperrm helped produce her. Because if those stories on how he used to mercilessly beat up his wife and ra.p.e Iyabo afterwards are true (not forgetting how he had sex with his son's wife on his son's matrimonial bed), then that creature is not deserving of the tag, "father".

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Jydebauer: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2013
Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Obasanjo may be a grandmaster in yanking other people's chains, but others are catching on on his methods and using same against him. And since they learned from the best himself the effects can be pretty devastating.

In my opinion, Obasanjo should make a dignified exit from active interference in national politics. There are other ways of letting your disappointment with issues known. I can't recall an immediate past president of the US writing open letters to a sitting president.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ceejay91(m): 11:32am On Dec 21, 2013

[color=#990000][/color] abeg who get small omo make I take drink my garri?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by soldierdollar(m): 11:34am On Dec 21, 2013
albiol:
when u point one finger at someone its only 3 that will point at you back. Just try it
If you point a thumb nko?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Bonga4: 11:37am On Dec 21, 2013
Iyabo, coolu temper. You should know that no matter how angry you may be with Baba, He is still your father, and an elder for that matter. Everybody's parents have shortcomings. You should display maturity in your utterances and actions. Remember you have children and you are obliged to show a good example. Uncle Ebenezer and Baba Bisi should intervene quickly to ensure this does not get out of hand.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by amiskurie(m): 11:41am On Dec 21, 2013
MONKEY NO FINE,HIN PAPA KON STILL NO LIKE HAME....KASALA KON DEY ROMANCE THEM.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 21, 2013
ceo4eva: To be Honest, I doubt Vanguard can publish such a letter against OBJ if it's not true. Considering the background of Vanguard (South-West) Newspaper and the Courageous way they have continued to defend this story, It's likely to be TRUE. We all know OBJ is NOT a Saint, even though APC remains supportive of him. There are some contents in the letter that need to be addressed especially Corruption, but don't forget GEJ is/was a product of OBJ. I guess he's annoyed because he no longer controls and dictate to GEJ. GEJ on his own part has refused to respond, thereby further annoying OBJ. Why is OBJ ranting over his daughter's 12-page letter when he wrote an 18-page letter to GEJ?...
SHUT UP,Reno Omokri.You'll become as irrelevant,unknown like Daniel Kanu.Remember him?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by thiefnubu(m): 11:43am On Dec 21, 2013
Seun: When Nigerian journalists want to make you look bad, they may add grammatical errors to your quotes. They've done it to me before.
hehehe... like a boss...it was because of that oau incident of you urinating on the lawn, shey?...
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 21, 2013
fiizznation: my post ll never make any sense to a fiend like u• And cyber-tyke, dnt quote me nxt time in oda to avoid cyber-indoctrination which u ll receive if u do dat• Thank u

lol...King Re.tard the Great....

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha,,....i don laf tap my landlady's nyash ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 21, 2013
curtain: pheeeww!! finally!....... Thank heaven this managed to make front page in this APC-controlled nairaland. Thanks to the op for seeing tru the manipulations of those e-rats.
Go to frontpage,we give you freely but you'll still lose the election,PDP e-slowpoke.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by judeskyblaze(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2013
Nigeria politics be like seasonal film.I just dey laugh bt 2 be sincere some of u on ds nairaland funny o.na they behave like say na no understand politics in Nigeria. To me it is very clear na GEJ and him special advicers they fabricate ds letter not iyabo.ds is wat I call political Game.obj raised issues that can led 2 war in 2015 GEj no ans he wan direct me attention 2 obj.GEJ is not intelligent @ all.wen obj wrote his letter all d press house confirmed it.now punch dey run from d letter.na vanguard I just pity cause obj will be expecting some nairas (millions) very soon.minister of aviation did d same nao she was accused of d money she used in buying bullet proof car.wen she is say d mata hot she arranged 4 assasins 2 shot d car bt she no dey inside.no wan buy that trick.how will I buy a very expensive car I no con use am.abeg my ppl all we have 2 do now is 2 pray for our nation as we all wait for our own open letter b4 d year ends merry xmas grin

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 21, 2013
hw does this reduce the price of garri. Mchew! Yeye leaders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Avengers’ Threat: Odua Defenders Union Warns Against Attack On Lagos / APC Mourns Member, Others Who Died In Custom Rice Stampede / Photos Of Godswill Akpabio In A London Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.