Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad (37997 Views)

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / Iyabo Obasanjo, Why I Gave Up On My Dad / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by agabaI23(m): 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
She has stuck to her guns!

Front page!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ebamma(m): 1:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
ceo4eva: Iyabo Obasanjo
“Nobody can say that I told him that I didn’t write it. I am not a liar. I will not back away from what I wrote and there is nothing that is there that is a lie. In the last four years how many of them have spoken to me? They are all mad people,” she said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/gave-dad-iyabo-obasanjo/
i hate ingrates in my life, no matter what your father did to u and your mother in your childhood days, atleast he tried making up for it by using his influence and power to make u a commissioner, minister and senator, if u so much hated your dad, atleast u could have declined or rejected this appointments and entered the job market and got a day job with your degree,
All i see in u is a daughter who is as power hungry as her dad, that letter of your's is more political than personal, but remember that, u also have kids, in future, they may choose like u to write an open letter about their mum. #karma

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by kingbang: 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
ebamma: i hate ingrates in my life, no matter what your father did to u and your mother in your childhood days, atleast he tried making up for it by using his influence and power to make u a commissioner, minister and senator, if u so much hated your dad, atleast u could have declined or rejected this appointments and entered the job market and got a day job with your degree,
All i see in u is a daughter who is as power hungry as her dad, that letter of your's is more political than personal, but remember that, u also have kids, in future, they may choose like u to write an open letter about their mum. #karma

Senseless rant! Of course she won't treat her kids the way OBJ treated she and her siblings. And of course her letter is political...she wants the world to know that her father do not give a damn about Nigerians, that he is solely interested in what he gains from our sufferings. Iyabo Obasanjo deserves a pat on the back for hushing the self serving slowpoke called Obasanjo!

12 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ShineIt: 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
Iyabo should be the woman of the year in saner climate. She should be applauded.

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
cramjones: I know the Obasanjo family very well..and a personal friend to Iyabo...I a number of personal things she allegedly said are true (not all). However, I don't think she wrote them, someone that knows some of these details may have fabricated it. Iyabo is a well trained Yoruba woman and the last thing she will do is to ridicule her father in public.
Iyabo herself said it- " we keep cheering them on". Why do you chose to disbelieve the letter? Does OBJ appear to you like a gentleman in any way?

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Princess2be(f): 10:36am On Dec 20, 2013
Page 3 and yet the hottest news in the country is yet to hit front page. I'm new here but I'm beginning to understand Nairaland better.

9 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ceo4eva: 10:47am On Dec 20, 2013
Princess2be: Page 3 and yet the hottest news in the country is yet to hit front page. I'm new here but I'm beginning to understand Nairaland better.
Such is life! Life Goes On!

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Princess2be(f): 10:58am On Dec 20, 2013
ceo4eva:
Such is life! I've been here since 2008. When ur complaints are not being taken care of and there's nothing u can do about it, u just have to move on with ur life. Life Goes On!
I'm only surprised because this is a trending issue right now in the country, and some other useless topics are making the front page but like u said, Life goes on.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ichidodo: 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
c
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by EloquentMedia: 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
They said it's a family affair and Seun is afraid of the elders who must have told him not to broadcast it. But if na Governor Chime and Wife it's not a family issue. We will getting front page digest of the day to day happening.

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by gerald09(m): 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
steve_cantrell: A lot of people are calling this fake letter a low point for GEJ and his propaganda boys but I believe its a huge SUCCESS.

Just one useless letter has changed the entire discourse of the days preceding it. No one is talking about missing $50 billion or assasins-in-training anymore.

The diversionary tactic has worked !
Weather moni miss or assassins dey train Its all politics. The funny part is its not about Nigeria, its about themselves. GEJ has won both fronts the Sanusi letter hoopla n the OBJ letter. Its just the beginning eventually the will start killing them selves n GEJ will still "NOT GIVE A DAMN"

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by stevecantrell: 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
gerald09:
Weather moni miss or assassins dey train Its all politics. The funny part is its not about Nigeria, its about themselves. GEJ has won both fronts the Sanusi letter hoopla n the OBJ letter. Its just the beginning eventually the will start killing them selves n GEJ will still "NOT GIVE A DAMN"

True ! Can't argue with you there.

Even if Iyabo wrote that letter, she still did so to serve her own purposes for getting back at a father for what she feels were past offences against her. She could have chosen to release that letter at ANY other time.
Why now ?
It was Now, because this is when the letter would have the most devastating effect at its target.

So...no matter how you look @ it that letter is also a very selfish one and a self-service, to Iyabo O.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by PHIPEX(m): 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
EloquentMedia: They said it's a family affair and Seun is afraid of the elders who must have told him not to broadcast it. But if na Governor Chime and Wife it's not a family issue. We will getting front page digest of the day to day happening.

Perfect, Chime's stories hit front page with less than 5 comments especially when his wife wrote her own letter, but here we are. whoever controls the front page is more political than politicians and more biased than the tribal e-warlords that roam nairaland. I can't believe am just hearing about this "letter to my father". Abeg make I go find the original copy read grin

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by satmaniac(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
What transpired between father and his daughther is a family problem.so does not concern us.
Also what transpired between god-father and god-son is a political problem.also this does not concern us.
When central bank governor wrote a letter to his president about some alleged corrupt act that took place in NNPC,now I think that concern us and questions must be asked by all.
However what we must seriously take into consideration is the issues as outline in the letters not why who wrote what.
We are Nigerians and we must overcome!!!
My warmest regards to every patriotic Nigerian in the house!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by 5thNOTE: 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
eye4eye: Lie from pit of hell. I forsee vanguard going out of business for their stupidity.
Yoruba ppl!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by manmade(m): 11:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
cramjones: I know the Obasanjo family very well..and a personal friend to Iyabo...I a number of personal things she allegedly said are true (not all). However, I don't think she wrote them, someone that knows some of these details may have fabricated it. Iyabo is a well trained Yoruba woman and the last thing she will do is to ridicule her father in public.
....and Gbenga obasango is not a well trained yoruba man when he ridiculed him not too long ago. ,u knew the family well enough indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by manmade(m): 11:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
ebamma: i hate ingrates in my life, no matter what your father did to u and your mother in your childhood days, atleast he tried making up for it by using his influence and power to make u a commissioner, minister and senator, if u so much hated your dad, atleast u could have declined or rejected this appointments and entered the job market and got a day job with your degree,
start molesting your daughter now so that u could compensate her with good jobs and appointments in future .

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by manmade(m): 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
chi 3280: So many hypocrites on this thread. Accusing Obasanjo of being uncouth but you're worse than him. He's human just like everyone and has his own flaws.
but Gej is an angel ? You hypocrite!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by LoveDecay(m): 11:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
Rankings and fabrications from a bitter child.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by curtain: 12:47am On Dec 21, 2013
front page things!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Elxandre(m): 4:23am On Dec 21, 2013
Nonsense!
You enjoyed all the corrupt money with your popsi, you had fun trips around the world, you never had to sweat it out for jobs, your dad glided you through political appointments, you also embezzled. But now you are trying to make that same mentor appear as a demon? A lion never births a Dog!

If you aint writing poilitical stuff in your bloated letters, dont bother wasting pages on National dailies trying to black out the Demon you once dined with!
Damn, what do you take us for? You didnt write no letters when you were 20, 30 ,40, but now that you already are an influential personality and can stand on your own feet, you write this.

I dont care about no parties. APC , PDP, e.t.c. They are all rogues! Shame on all youths taking sides with these shameless parties that keep taking Nigeria for a Ride. You keed taking side with a president who cant even properly sanction a theiving minister.

Sensible people with shouldnt even care if OBJ was the devil himself, The issue for analysis should be, Is the content of this letter relevant and valid or not.

Well thanks to the senseless daughter for taking a much needed heat off Baba PEACE and instead diverting it to sentimental and trivial family issues!

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by jouchmaleo: 5:54am On Dec 21, 2013
iyabo has said it all, obj has no moral right to accuse gej. gej will fix Nigeria numerous challenges before 2015. gej tip 2019

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by kraftyiyk: 7:09am On Dec 21, 2013
i've said it before on this forum, and am repeating it again, OBJ'S LETTER IS MANIPULATIVE, that letter looks like a part1 of a series movie that is yet to unfold in Nigeria, all what he's doing is to campaign for people's backings and sentiments in his favour ahead of a secret plot angry angry angry angry angry, only God know's what this retired he...g..o..a..t is planning to unleash on Nigeria.
if he has the magic wand to fix our problem, why didn't he use it in his last 3 tenures both as a military, and civilian president?
at his football age, he's already too old even to stay in an old people's home, not to talk of his real age grin grin grin grin
my advice for him, let him go climb into his coffin and quietly wait for his death, if Nigerians need 18 page letters of advice, it's certainly not from him and his acolytes.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ichidodo: 9:27am On Dec 21, 2013
Lol
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 21, 2013
Opiosko: Iyabo pls complete ur story, tell us how he molested u after beating ur mother all the while u were a kid, and how he screwed Gbenga's wife when he was the president.

cheesy...Why did this news not make front page undecided
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 21, 2013
Princess2be: Page 3 and yet the hottest news in the country is yet to hit front page. I'm new here but I'm beginning to understand Nairaland better.

Where is mukina , and SEUn they are really the number one bigots IN THIS FURUM, this 4 page topic never made front page if it is Ojukwu and Stella by half page they would have made front page.... Useless Yoruba Bigots cool...ban me and i will login again with one of my 100 monikers angry

8 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by bebechuks: 10:29am On Dec 21, 2013
OBY vs IYA!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ichidodo: 10:29am On Dec 21, 2013
ichidodo: Lol
Front page at last!! At a point this thread was so hidden even the O.p had given up hope i just had to resurrect it.Mukina and Seun una head correct at least for once

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by kabba7(m): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2013
ceo4eva: To be Honest, I doubt Vanguard can publish such a letter against OBJ if it's not true. Considering the background of Vanguard (South-West) Newspaper and the Courageous way they have continued to defend this story, It's likely to be TRUE. We all know OBJ is NOT a Saint, even though APC remains supportive of him. There are some contents in the letter that need to be addressed especially Corruption, but don't forget GEJ is/was a product of OBJ. I guess he's annoyed because he no longer controls and dictate to GEJ. GEJ on his own part has refused to respond, thereby further annoying OBJ. Why is OBJ ranting over his daughter's 12-page letter when he wrote an 18-page letter to GEJ?...

I guess OBJ said he don't need.oany reply but that Gej should just address the issues raised Jonathan dressing those matters should enough . When will vanguard get iyabo on silverbird tv or channels for her to tell it live and direct itsbas if there are some lies yet to be cleared .
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by tiswell(m): 10:34am On Dec 21, 2013
obasanjo's in the news again!!!!!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ceo4eva: 10:40am On Dec 21, 2013
Many thanks to Seun for doing the needful. Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by emmahoney(m): 10:41am On Dec 21, 2013
Nigeria is now a playground!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo: “How I Escaped Being Ritually-Killed With 7 Heads Of Cattle” / Photo Of NLC Chairman's Landcruiser, Same Man Condemning Senators Lol / Makarfi Declares PDP Convention Open (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.