Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,300 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan (39200 Views)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

But you support Buhari?

If you give me Jonathan and Buhari, I will definitely vote Buhari. If you give me Buhari and Tambuwal, then it will be difficult but I'll vote Tambuwal for youthfulness. That's the truth with any neutral mind that wants the progress of Nigeria.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by sarutobie(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007: Since APC paid agents will not let us rest, let me show you this:

Yet the same APC bigots keep pushing Buhari that has been rejected 3 times!
Well this also shows Buhari is also a liar no be so? Yeye dey smell for this thread.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by sarutobie(m): 10:14am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

If you give me Jonathan and Buhari, I will definitely vote Buhari. If you give me Buhari and Tambuwal, then it will be difficult but I'll vote Tambuwal for youthfulness. That's the truth with any neutral mind that wants the progress of Nigeria.
Did buhari not say he won't contest again? What does that make him now?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by coalcoal1(m): 10:15am On Dec 20, 2013
jmaine: . . . . Old and futile stunts . . . .Meet GEJ at the polls and prove your might. Shikena

hmm
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 10:15am On Dec 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: I already know about your opinion on Rochas then and now but wanted you to see this issue under discussion as political statement (assuming the statement is correctly interpreted) and not a religious script on which morality and integrity is adjudged

If you've ever been scammed before, you'll understand the reason not to put further trust in someone that has already changed statement once or twice. He'll keep changing statements and you'll keep falling because of sentiments.

4 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Dee60: 10:17am On Dec 20, 2013
Has he now said he will contest in 2015?

Why are you all agitated? Wait until the man speaks!

I have said on this channel before, I do not think GEJ will contest in 2015.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by jude33084(m): 10:17am On Dec 20, 2013
sluggers: Jonathan cannot be trusted. He needs to admit he said this before he gains the trust of Nigerians again. There is nothing wrong contesting for second term but you should fulfill your promises and let the country knows if you change your mind. Simple as ABC........

I love your post and as you rightly put it; simple as ABC smiley

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Amasuccess: 10:17am On Dec 20, 2013
duni04: I'm not a GEJ adherent but this idea of digging up old newspaper clippings to discredit somebody is just lame. The guy was answering questions from reporters, and not testifying before a court or the senate. You can't equate someone changing his mind about his political ambitions to treachery or dishonesty, its just lame. While campaigning for president, George W. Bush Snr famously promised not to increase taxes and did immediately he got in. Obama promised to close the guantanemo bay while campaigning in 2008, its still open today. As long as Jonathan's statement was not made before a court of law or the senate, like in the case of Bill Clinton who lied to a US grand jury about his affair with Monica lewinsky, nobody can accuse Jonathan of anything. He's a human being, he has the right to change his mind as he deems fit.

Thanks on this one
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 10:28am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:
Have you seen what Buhari said too?
Scroll up just a bit, yeah, that's it. See?
You didn't answer my question. Wetin concern you with whether GEJ contest for PDP?

I actually want GEJ to contest for PDP then I can go viral on his dishonest and deceitful behaviour and his lack of honor and integrity.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by busymouth: 10:32am On Dec 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ok...let the games begin... grin

ok...let the games begin...
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 10:34am On Dec 20, 2013
What I just read from the article itself is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the headline/topic. Is this a new low and total desperation on the side of the opposition that they've now resorted to posting crap just tp stop GEJ? pity.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 10:34am On Dec 20, 2013
This your comment is diversionary and meaningless, we are not taking of business, moral, religious or civil right issues but political statement which happened to be at odd with our constitution.

The bottom line and conclusion of this argument is your personal grudge with GEJ and direct or indirect interest.

Why was your trumpet silenced in the case of Fashola, Adams and now Buhari. All these people were never discredited with this very statement and why GEJ?

Keep the grudge, it's your business and never disturb us with your obsession against GEJ.

Abagworo:

If you've ever been scammed before, you'll understand the reason not to put further trust in someone that has already changed statement once or twice. He'll keep changing statements and you'll keep falling because of sentiments.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 10:38am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

This mean you would support Buhari even after he said he won't present himself again.

Why the fuse about GEJ contesting then?

DOUBLE STANDARD HYPOCRITES!!!!

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 10:40am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

You are making mockery of yourself.
Buhari said he WILL NEVER PRESENT HIMSELF FOR ELECTION AGAIN! Yet you will support him if he does.
Are you not a sad hypocrite?!!

Stop using double standard!!!

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by mike404(m): 10:40am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

DID BUHARI NOT SAY HE WON'T CONTEST AGAIN YES OR NO

4 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 10:41am On Dec 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Look at that comment!

Who is desperate again? grin

You of course, for posting/soaking in an old article just to discredit the President by all means necessary (a very lame move, btw). If that ain't desperation, then I dont know what is.

But I gotta ask. Why are u APC e-thugs and clowns scared of the forthcoming polls? Scared you'll go home crying like Ondo and Anambra?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 10:43am On Dec 20, 2013
mike404: DID BUHARI NOT SAY HE WON'T CONTEST AGAIN YES OR NO

Don't mind that enemy of Nigeria! He would see nothing wrong if Buhari contest after saying "he will never present himself for election" which is a stronger declaration than what GEJ probably said, yet he attempts to discredit GEJ for less.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by mike404(m): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

You are making mockery of yourself.
Buhari said he WILL NEVER PRESENT HIMSELF FOR ELECTION AGAIN! Yet you will support him if he does.
Are you not a sad hypocrite?!!

Stop using double standard!!!
[HE'S MORE THAN A SAD HYPOCRITE BRO
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 10:46am On Dec 20, 2013
AnanseK:

I actually want GEJ to contest for PDP then I can go viral on his dishonest and deceitful behaviour and his lack of honor and integrity.

At the same time hail Buhari when he contests and go viral with his "integrity" and blah blah blah?!!!

You are a sorry a$$ hypocrite and beyond redemption!

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by finsulyman: 10:48am On Dec 20, 2013
others. others.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by meekhat: 10:49am On Dec 20, 2013
please MODs, am yet to see the Iyabor-Obasanjo letterGate in front page. What's happening Or do you people select news headlines you forward to front page? Am beginning to believe the the fact that nairaland MODs are working for some set of people.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 10:50am On Dec 20, 2013
ocelot2006:

You of course, for posting/soaking in an old article just to discredit the President by all means necessary (a very lame move, btw). If that ain't desperation, then I dont know what is.

But I gotta ask. Why are u APC e-thugs and clowns scared of the forthcoming polls? Scared you'll go home crying like Ondo and Anambra?

Yet they claim Nigerians don't want GEJ, why will they not allow the same Nigerians vote him out? why will they ask him not to contest?

In fact APC should be happy GEJ is contesting since they want to make us believe he is corrupt and inept.
Why are they afraid a "corrupt and inept" man is contesting?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by c0llynz02: 10:50am On Dec 20, 2013
Mehn see the kind of support Jonathan got on this thread, this was a great miscalculation from Mukinotu and other anti-GEJ / APC bandits.
The more they attack him, the more support he gets from the people, these scoundrels just don't get it!

4 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by solomon111(m): 10:51am On Dec 20, 2013
APC folks on nairaland have been intellectually mauled.
Tinubu should hire smart syncophants.

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 10:52am On Dec 20, 2013
duni04: I'm not a GEJ adherent but this idea of digging up old newspaper clippings to discredit somebody is just lame. The guy was answering questions from reporters, and not testifying before a court or the senate. You can't equate someone changing his mind about his political ambitions to treachery or dishonesty, its just lame. While campaigning for president, George W. Bush Snr famously promised not to increase taxes and did immediately he got in. Obama promised to close the guantanemo bay while campaigning in 2008, its still open today. As long as Jonathan's statement was not made before a court of law or the senate, like in the case of Bill Clinton who lied to a US grand jury about his affair with Monica lewinsky, nobody can accuse Jonathan of anything. He's a human being, he has the right to change his mind as he deems fit.
proper answer to his critics. 100000000000likes
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 10:54am On Dec 20, 2013
ocelot2006: What I just read from the article itself is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the headline/topic. Is this a new low and total desperation on the side of the opposition that they've now resorted to posting crap just tp stop GEJ? pity.

And one APC MOD threatened Sincere9gerian for doing the same thing. Now an anti-GEJ thread is quickly moved to front page.
While the thread about Sanusi's goof and apology to NOI is still in the back line.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by c0llynz02: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2013
This thread was a flawless victory for Jonathan!

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by chichriso: 10:56am On Dec 20, 2013
Jonathan said this while interacting with Nigerians mainly diplomats working in the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, UNECA, and the African Union, AU, in Addis-Ababa. While fielding questions from those present at the interactive session on whether Nigerians abroad will vote, Jonathan said: “I would have loved that the Nigerians in Diaspora vote this year but to be frank with you, that is going to be difficult now. Presently, the law does not allow the voting outside Nigeria and so this year Nigerians in Diaspora will not vote but I will work towards it by 2015 even though I will not be running for election.”
http://www.chrisderablog..com/2013/12/ill-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan.html#more
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 10:58am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

Yet they claim Nigerians don't want GEJ, why will they not allow the same Nigerians vote him out? why will they ask him not to contest?

In fact APC should be happy GEJ is contesting since they want to make us believe he is corrupt and inept.
Why are they afraid a "corrupt and inept" man is contesting?

I don't think I've seen APC kick against Jonathan contesting. In fact most critics demand for free and fair election . It is more of a PDP affair but Jonathan however told the Nigerian populace that he would not contest in 2015 but will give us a credible election. I think most of the PDP Governors left because Tukur refused to guarantee a free and fair Presidential primaries in PDP. I'm sure if Tukur was removed and a free and fair primaries guaranteed, the Governors would have stayed back.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nja147: 11:00am On Dec 20, 2013
President will not contest 2015 but if voted. Jonathan is confused. he always want to play nice to guys out side Nigeria.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 20, 2013
5.00GP:

WHICH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT DOES GOATLUCK HAS?
HE HAS USED HIS FIRST TENURE AFTER THE DEMISE OF YARADUA....
no,he only completed Yaradua's tenure,he has right to contest constitutionally,but he should stop lieing,and taking us for a ride.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by djfaithy: 11:01am On Dec 20, 2013
.......have you heard this before "Think before you talk", that's another quality of a worthy leader, he has no ambition to run beyond 2015 and he's gonna make sure the election is free and fair, but this is 2013, he has put the interest of the electorate aside and engage himself in pursuit of what he doesn't have ambition to do.....fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, Nigerians knows better now and we shall all be waiting for him at the poll in 2015.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Seals Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel, Worship Centres / How Abba Kyari Exploits President Buhari's Poor Health / Two IPOB Kingpins Arrested In Oyigbo - Governor Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.